Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread**
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

**Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** - Page 904

post #13546 of 19288
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethan7000 View Post

Thanks! Based on what I heard today, I will mostly likely upgrade to a 500 with your pads someday.

im thinking that as well... wonder how a 5LE with jerg pads would sound
post #13547 of 19288

so I just finished going through this entire thread, started way back In july.

 

don't remember anything pre rev 3 (read so long ago). but it was a great read. ended up buying this a little over a month ago too.

post #13548 of 19288
Thread Starter 

And did reading this thread convince you to buy the he400?

post #13549 of 19288
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTCG View Post
 

And did reading this thread convince you to buy the he400?

I too wonder about that 

post #13550 of 19288
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post


im thinking that as well... wonder how a 5LE with jerg pads would sound

I think there were 1-2 people that had an HE-5LE that tried them, kothganesh being one (but I believe he sold his pair) - ask around over on the HE-5LE thread.

post #13551 of 19288
Quote:
Originally Posted by modulor View Post
 

I think there were 1-2 people that had an HE-5LE that tried them, kothganesh being one (but I believe he sold his pair) - ask around over on the HE-5LE thread.

true enough 

 

I might get around to it later today 

post #13552 of 19288

My guess it it might not be optimal. But I'm a pessimist.

post #13553 of 19288
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post


im thinking that as well... wonder how a 5LE with jerg pads would sound


sound great on my he5le.

post #13554 of 19288

Since everyone is posting their EQs lately, I thought I would post my latest:

 

 

I have a little 'bass boost' in the 50hz region, a light cut to the 1 khz region, and another boost around 4 khz. I actually cut treble from 7khz - 20khz. Everything is quite subtle, but I have noticed I really like having a 3 db boost or so in the 50hz region - gives the bass a tad more weight without it getting too sloppy or boomy.

post #13555 of 19288
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMateoHead View Post
 

Since everyone is posting their EQs lately, I thought I would post my latest:

 

 

I have a little 'bass boost' in the 50hz region, a light cut to the 1 khz region, and another boost around 4 khz. I actually cut treble from 7khz - 20khz. Everything is quite subtle, but I have noticed I really like having a 3 db boost or so in the 50hz region - gives the bass a tad more weight without it getting too sloppy or boomy.

Indeed I have boost of about 3db at 50k my self

 

but HOW DO YOU ppl get Easy Q working in FooBar! I can't get it to work... :/

 

that said I also have a nice boost to upper mids as well but I also dip the 7-10k area while brining 14-20k back to neutral 

post #13556 of 19288
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post
 

Indeed I have boost of about 3db at 50k my self

 

but HOW DO YOU ppl get Easy Q working in FooBar! I can't get it to work... :/

 

that said I also have a nice boost to upper mids as well but I also dip the 7-10k area while brining 14-20k back to neutral 

 

It wasn't that straightforward for me either. I'll try to remember what I did. You really need to do two basic things: Get a VST wrapper for Foobar, and then Get Easy-Q.

 

*download "George Yohng's VST Wrapper" for foobar. Install.

*Download Easy-Q

*Add Easy-Q .dll file to the foobar/components directory.

*Load up Foobar -> File / Preferences / Playback / DSP Manager

*Add VST Wrapper to the list of Active DSPs

*Possibly close / restart Foobar

*VST Wrapper is now running in the taskbar as an icon or a hidden icon (use the small up arrow)

*Right click on the icon, select "Use VST Effect / EasyQ"

*Play with EQ for hours, save the ones you like.

 

Once setup, VST and Easy Q should pop up with Foobar every time. You can follow this same process but use Electri-Q if you wanted to. Both programs need a VST wrapper of some kind. Personally, Easy-Q was better for me. But I hate that it doesn't sit within the foobar player, and I always have to minimize everything I am doing / re-select Foobar to see it and use it again. Sometime I ought to go back to back with the 31-band EQ built into Foobar to see if all the extra setup is REALLY worth it.

post #13557 of 19288
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMateoHead View Post
 

 

It wasn't that straightforward for me either. I'll try to remember what I did. You really need to do two basic things: Get a VST wrapper for Foobar, and then Get Easy-Q.

 

*download "George Yohng's VST Wrapper" for foobar. Install.

*Download Easy-Q

*Add Easy-Q .dll file to the foobar/components directory.

*Load up Foobar -> File / Preferences / Playback / DSP Manager

*Add VST Wrapper to the list of Active DSPs

*Possibly close / restart Foobar

*VST Wrapper is now running in the taskbar as an icon or a hidden icon (use the small up arrow)

*Right click on the icon, select "Use VST Effect / EasyQ"

*Play with EQ for hours, save the ones you like.

 

Once setup, VST and Easy Q should pop up with Foobar every time. You can follow this same process but use Electri-Q if you wanted to. Both programs need a VST wrapper of some kind. Personally, Easy-Q was better for me. But I hate that it doesn't sit within the foobar player, and I always have to minimize everything I am doing / re-select Foobar to see it and use it again. Sometime I ought to go back to back with the 31-band EQ built into Foobar to see if all the extra setup is REALLY worth it.

oh gawd I need the VST wrapper, yea screw that. the VST wrapped pissed my computer off. OK moving on [thank you though] 

post #13558 of 19288
post #13559 of 19288
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerg View Post
 

I like the alternative VST-DSP adapter more:

 

http://wiki.hydrogenaudio.org/index.php?title=Foobar2000:Components/VST_adapter

Meh I might try that... or not 

 

I honestly don't use EQ enough to warrant having it, and with only a 50hrz boost I am very satisfied with the HE 400

post #13560 of 19288

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the matrix mini-i and the he400. I am looking to change up my amp/dac because I would like to see if there is a difference in treble(less). I also liked the option of balancing since I have heard that it improves the sq. another that I looked into wasthe yulong d100 mkii. any opinions/advice?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread**