Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread**
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

**Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** - Page 892

post #13366 of 19975
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thujone View Post
 

 

Interesting, I wouldn't have expected that. Maybe the dampening effects that the J$'s have on dynamics cannot be compared to that of orthos...? They definitely make my dynamic cans sound way bassier. Maybe, as you and davidsh mentioned, they have a more brightening effect with orthos. Not sure my curiosity is high enough to peel off modulor's pads :rolleyes:

 

muhahaha, you really should give in to the curiosity, just so that you can "hear it" at least once. 

post #13367 of 19975
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post
 

 

again with the attacks, let it go man let it GO.

 

also what the heck let's try all three ...

 

So yea the pleathers sound thicker, not something I like, there is more well decay everywhere. The bass is bigger, not as tight, and the sound stage as a whole sounds... not as clear

 

to stock velours, much clearer. I like the mids better on the Velours, yet teh bass is kinda meh

 

the J$money pads, mids are simmilar to velours, not as smooth... the bass... OH there is MORE of it than Velour, yet it's not thick like the Pleathers

 

WOW sounds like just what I wanted from the pads, a sound simmilar to velour but with a touch more bass. WIN WIN

 

I have tried all of the pads mentioned and the J-money pads sound great to my ears, the tame the treble and have good bass response.

 We all hear different.

post #13368 of 19975
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearless1 View Post
 

 

I have tried all of the pads mentioned and the J-money pads sound great to my ears, the tame the treble and have good bass response.

 We all hear different.

 

indeed we do, I like them. 

 

Did I mention they are also super comfy and damn sexy :3 

post #13369 of 19975

As long as you like the sound then that is all that matters, some people like Grado, some people like HD650... 2 completely different sounds, I would recommend trying the Jergpads at some point though.... Never tried the J$ pads so I have no idea what they sound like....

post #13370 of 19975
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholars View Post
 

As long as you like the sound then that is all that matters, some people like Grado, some people like HD650... 2 completely different sounds, I would recommend trying the Jergpads at some point though.... Never tried the J$ pads so I have no idea what they sound like....

 

Oh I plan to, trust me I either go 100% or not at all, so getting them one day is a must! Trust me this is coming from a guy Who paid $100 for new pads for a w1000x, and did I mention I modded it my self... I'll get them one day :D or maybe I will FINALLY go to a FREAKING meet and try them there >.> 

post #13371 of 19975
In my country there is a meet every year being held 40-80 kilometres from where I live.. Not bad
post #13372 of 19975

Damn you Danish! :tongue_smile:

post #13373 of 19975

I find it funny that my entire country is smaller than most of the states in the US... 6 million people or so. But we do have our own community after all!

post #13374 of 19975
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsh View Post
 

I find it funny that my entire country is smaller than most of the states in the US... 6 million people or so. But we do have our own community after all!

 

we are aware of this q.q, and I live in middle of now where in the South East usa so all the meets are... about 300 kilometers from me q.q 

post #13375 of 19975

Enough OT I guess.

post #13376 of 19975

New member here - I just ordered a pair of HE-400 (and the velour pads) which should be arriving next Tuesday. Quite excited - from what I've read, these should be quite an upgrade from my ATH-M50s. I will be posting my impressions once they arrive.

post #13377 of 19975

Welcome! You will definitely love these :L3000:

post #13378 of 19975
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShesSoHeavy View Post
 

New member here - I just ordered a pair of HE-400 (and the velour pads) which should be arriving next Tuesday. Quite excited - from what I've read, these should be quite an upgrade from my ATH-M50s. I will be posting my impressions once they arrive.

 

They should definitely be a different flavor at the very least. :) 

post #13379 of 19975
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShesSoHeavy View Post
 

New member here - I just ordered a pair of HE-400 (and the velour pads) which should be arriving next Tuesday. Quite excited - from what I've read, these should be quite an upgrade from my ATH-M50s. I will be posting my impressions once they arrive.

 

Welcome. 1 year ago I did same, I upgraded to HE400 from ATH-M50s. To be honestly nothing is comparable, HE400 is much better to all kind of section. You will love it. But just remember, this can needs an amp. First I bought Fiio E11 which is quite good for the price and then 2 months ago I upgraded to Meier Corda 2Stepdance.

post #13380 of 19975
Quote:
Originally Posted by Textfeud View Post

Welcome! You will definitely love these L3000.gif

Thanks!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread**