Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread**
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

**Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** - Page 879

post #13171 of 20258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundsgoodtome View Post

Found a track with female vocals "off". Fever - Ray Charles and Natalie Cole. She sounds congested bEing at that dip and peak of the response.

 

What do you mean?

post #13172 of 20258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundsgoodtome View Post


Brought home the Yulong D100 from the office to test the female vocals. Previously it was just on my e7 and lenovo laptop.

Natalie Cole does not sound wonky on this setup. Nor does Adele or Lana Del Ray. XPS-Yulong D100-HE400.



Using the low impedance port with sound 2 (tames the highs) there are no sibilant highs and female voices are forward. The D100 is a neutral sounding dac with a slight lean towards bright. The previous owner raved about it with Denons and Fostex.

 

Whoa Adele should sound great out of the HE 400, all that LOW mid in her voice and those cans [I'll have to give her a lsiten at home]

 

Still I wish Adele's music was better mastered :/ I stopped listening due to the serious lack of dynamics in her music. It's all the same realitive volume with varying pitch... sounds terribly bland imo, which is a shame becauses she has such a nice deep dynamic voice! 

post #13173 of 20258
Thread Starter 

^^ I agree that her recording are not exceptionally well mastered. There are some live tracks on the 19 album that sound really nice though. And the Live at Royal Albert Hall is quite good also. 

post #13174 of 20258
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTCG View Post
 

^^ I agree that her recording are not exceptionally well mastered. There are some live tracks on the 19 album that sound really nice though. And the Live at Royal Albert Hall is quite good also. 

 

Ooh I'll have to try Live at Royal Albert Hall then :D

 

Also unrealted bonus, the W1000x sounds better out of the Hm801 headphone out than it does Line out with the PB1 tee hee, still thinking of going with a

RSA f-35 in the winter... since I busted the Gain Switch on my pb1 it's time I UPGRADE, besides that tax money deserves to go to something worth while darn it.

 

Still I hear the f-35 has the "wire and gain" aspect to it... which is nice, as the Hm801 sounds better than the pb1 amp for amp, but the pb1's power is NEEDED for the HE 400 and Dt 880, as they both sound better the more power I have on tap for them! 

 

Still I do like simplification and upgrades :3. I might even give my pb1 away, seeing as it's a high gain only amp now <.< [or sell it for like $50] 

post #13175 of 20258

Boy these are as awesome as they are heavy. Really love the soundsignature. And the great news is that they work well with my whole music library.

post #13176 of 20258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Textfeud View Post
 

Boy these are as awesome as they are heavy. Really love the soundsignature. And the great news is that they work well with my whole music library.

 

awesome what is your source and amping :D 

 

They are heavy but I don't find it to be an issue. Althogh those J$Money pads are very comfy! And GUYS I get to try my FULLY balanced HE 400 in about 2 hours :D I expect a deeper more visceral bass once I slot the HE 400 into 6w of POWA [my dt 880 got nice and DEEP TIGHT bass once I balanced it ]

 

Also I mentioned I forced my PB1 into high gain only, the good new is that me He 400 and Dt 880 need high gain BUT here's the catch my w1000x actually sounds a little better out of the Hm801 Headphone amp :O SUPRISE the hm801 has a good headphone out [the Hm601 headphone out was bleh compared to it's line out]

 

So YAY, still I'm planning of grabbing a RSA F-35 in the winter! Figured the portable set up really deserves a better amp. Still I do love my Pb1 atm :3

post #13177 of 20258

I use the Aune T1 but I am thinking to get a new DAC/AMP like the Burson HA-160D.

 

I already gave the W1000x to my dad and he likes the Aune T1 too (the looks of it, lol) so might give them to him too and just get a better DAC/AMP. Would the Burson be a good upgrade or should I consider something different. The DAC/AMP is also for future headphones that need more power.

post #13178 of 20258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Textfeud View Post
 

I use the Aune T1 but I am thinking to get a new DAC/AMP like the Burson HA-160D.

 

I already gave the W1000x to my dad and he likes the Aune T1 too (the looks of it, lol) so might give them to him too and just get a better DAC/AMP. Would the Burson be a good upgrade or should I consider something different. The DAC/AMP is also for future headphones that need more power.

 

is the Aune T1 a Tube Dac/Amp :O and I bet he likes it q.q 

 

what though made u give up the w1000x? I like it and the He 400, the w1000x [after some mods] is GREAT for both upper and low mid heavy vocals! I mean it's a great all around can as well but really shines with Acoustic and Vocal stuff 

post #13179 of 20258

Yeah, the Aune T1 is Tube DAC and SS amp.

 

I just don't like closed cans as much as open cans even though they are pretty darn great. And it's still around if I want to lisen to it :D

post #13180 of 20258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Textfeud View Post
 

Yeah, the Aune T1 is Tube DAC and SS amp.

 

I just don't like closed cans as much as open cans even though they are pretty darn great. And it's still around if I want to lisen to it :D

 

ooh man tube dac that sounds yummy... still I'm grabbing a LD MKVI+ balanced tube for my home listening so :3 I'll get my tube fix from the w1000x 

 

I Wonder how all my cans will sound out of the Tube actually :O 

post #13181 of 20258

It's a good DAC/AMP for sure.

 

Would it be wise to buy velour pads for the HE-400? Ofcourse it is, but I'm getting the jergpads by modulor in November when he ships the second batch. So it would just be for the time being. Cheapest I can find in Europe is 25 euro shipped. Anybody know cheaper adress? In America it's only 10$ :rolleyes:

post #13182 of 20258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Textfeud View Post
 

It's a good DAC/AMP for sure.

 

Would it be wise to buy velour pads for the HE-400? Ofcourse it is, but I'm getting the jergpads by modulor in November when he ships the second batch. So it would just be for the time being. Cheapest I can find in Europe is 25 euro shipped. Anybody know cheaper adress? In America it's only 10$ :rolleyes:

 

OMG r u SERIOUS $10 for them in the US... dude send me a link to them :O I'm 100% down for trying the Jerger  Pads v2 if it's only $10 :O

 

That said, the Balanced Hybrid Silver Cable is in... it sounds better but it's hard to say if that is from the 

 

1) cable

2) the EXTRA POWER of balanced out put

3) the [what I preveice to be] increase quality of the Balanced Out

 

So... what ever is leading to the increase in sonice goodness I likes it! 

 

Oh mi gawd... yay. I miss Current Value! And his music... SO GOOD it sounds with the HE 400 :D 

post #13183 of 20258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post
 

 

OMG r u SERIOUS $10 for them in the US... dude send me a link to them :O I'm 100% down for trying the Jerger  Pads v2 if it's only $10 :O

 

That said, the Balanced Hybrid Silver Cable is in... it sounds better but it's hard to say if that is from the 

 

1) cable

2) the EXTRA POWER of balanced out put

3) the [what I preveice to be] increase quality of the Balanced Out

 

So... what ever is leading to the increase in sonice goodness I likes it! 

 

Oh mi gawd... yay. I miss Current Value! And his music... SO GOOD it sounds with the HE 400 :D 

 

 

$10 for the velour pads, not the jerg pads ;) Jergs are a little higher than that, as you would expect considering the work put into it.

post #13184 of 20258

Sorry, not the Jergpads are 10$ but the Velour Pads! I'm also getting an OCC cable (seller forgot to send them) this week. Just bought the Burson HA-160D in the classifieds to go with these monsters. Can't wait to hear them. Hope the sound will improve from the Aune T1, but it must be.

post #13185 of 20258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Textfeud View Post
 

Sorry, not the Jergpads are 10$ but the Velour Pads! I'm also getting an OCC cable (seller forgot to send them) this week. Just bought the Burson HA-160D in the classifieds to go with these monsters. Can't wait to hear them. Hope the sound will improve from the Aune T1, but it must be.

 

are you balanceing them? Honestly a Single End Cable upgrade would seem kinda pointless 

 

also... ruthless feinds... the stupid little uTube video ad... the FREAKING pause button when you go to click it a "google +1] appears RIGHT on top of it -.- you have to find the TEENY TINY X to exit from the google +1 THEN u can stop the video... shame on them for that -.- 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread**