Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread**
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

**Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** - Page 869

post #13021 of 20392
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post
 

 

That's what I'm thinking... I'm might even hunt around for an HE 4 before I get the T90... [seeing as the HE 4 is cheaper] but I again wonder... is 6w into 50ohm going to REALLY unlock it's potential. How does the 5LE Compare to the 500 [as since is easier to find I may go that route] 

i traded my he-500 for the he-5le and i never looked back. IMO it has a better sound since the highs dont feel smoothed out. the he-5le was an upgrade for me as i listen to a lot of rock and i feel like im getting the whole sound from the guitar. i did feel the he-500 had a bit more bass impact tho when i put hip hop songs on.

post #13022 of 20392

Thanks Matt. So mine came in today. Whoever said "ball-gripping bass", thank you. It shouldn't be described any other way.

 

 

^^ I modified it for the 400 lol

 

 

Sorry about the grainy phone pics, it's my only camera

 

post #13023 of 20392
Thread Starter 

Sweet!! Glad that you like them. Now go buy some jergpads by Modular. :biggrin: You can thank me later for that. 

post #13024 of 20392
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTCG View Post
 

Sweet!! Glad that you like them. Now go buy some jergpads by Modular. :biggrin: You can thank me later for that. 

 

Thinking about it. I need to see if Jerg's making more revisions, sounds like there might be more changes coming in the near future. I'd rather wait then have to buy them twice.

post #13025 of 20392
Thread Starter 

I tried the jergpads on the he400 and he4 and they are worth every penny IMO. Huge improvement on comfort which I wasn't expecting.  

post #13026 of 20392
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethan7000 View Post
 

 

Thinking about it. I need to see if Jerg's making more revisions, sounds like there might be more changes coming in the near future. I'd rather wait then have to buy them twice.

 

The thread got updated today to include all changes:)

post #13027 of 20392

My Audio GD is coming in tommorow :D... still no word from my Seller of the HE 400 when it will arrive q.q 

post #13028 of 20392

It's always great to take a break from he-400's and go right back to them to appreciate the sound even more.

 

Especially with modulor jergs. 

post #13029 of 20392

Hey guys, I'm sorry about going off track here but auditory fatigue has been a major issue for me lately - this is why I bought hd650 before he-400. 

 

He-400 has been known to be fatiguing with that weird thing in the treble, and I noticed this. It was helped a lot by EQ. 


Now to the point: 

 

I quit caffeine, and fatigue takes WAY longer to set in. Used to be 2-3 hours of low-level listening, now its about 7 hours of listening a day before fatigue really affects me. I had to post this because I haven't found anything online that mentions the correlation. 

 

Comments? 

post #13030 of 20392
Quote:
Originally Posted by mogulmaster View Post


Now to the point: 

I quit caffeine, and fatigue takes WAY longer to set in. Used to be 2-3 hours of low-level listening, now its about 7 hours of listening a day before fatigue really affects me. I had to post this because I haven't found anything online that mentions the correlation. 

Comments? 

All stimulants will produce heightened levels of sensory experience, and anyone with hypersensitivity to anything (light, sound, etc) are generally recommended to take no stimulants among other diet changes
post #13031 of 20392
Quote:
Originally Posted by mogulmaster View Post
 

Hey guys, I'm sorry about going off track here but auditory fatigue has been a major issue for me lately - this is why I bought hd650 before he-400. 

 

He-400 has been known to be fatiguing with that weird thing in the treble, and I noticed this. It was helped a lot by EQ. 


Now to the point: 

 

I quit caffeine, and fatigue takes WAY longer to set in. Used to be 2-3 hours of low-level listening, now its about 7 hours of listening a day before fatigue really affects me. I had to post this because I haven't found anything online that mentions the correlation. 

 

Comments? 

:O wow maybe that's why I have 0 issues with treble fatigue... I'm pretty free of stimulants! 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nguyentuandat View Post
 

Hi !

Please go to my website

 

ewww, No thanks. Can some one delete that post q.q... I'm usually all for checking out websites but as your FIRST post >.> what if I get a Virus from it

post #13032 of 20392

While I haven't owned the BeyerDynamics nor the Denons, it's still great to read how they compare or contrast on a per headphone basis.

10.gif

post #13033 of 20392
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferday View Post


All stimulants will produce heightened levels of sensory experience, and anyone with hypersensitivity to anything (light, sound, etc) are generally recommended to take no stimulants among other diet changes

 

Could you be suggesting I may have early stages of H... I really do get weird fatigue from phones.. 

post #13034 of 20392
Quote:
Originally Posted by mogulmaster View Post
 

 

Could you be suggesting I may have early stages of H... I really do get weird fatigue from phones..

I think if the HE-400's are fatiguing to you, you must be a normal human being :cool: .

post #13035 of 20392

Clearly I am taking too many stimulants then, bit of a stimulant fiend haha...

 

I have noticed that it is VERY much to do with volume, at mid / high volume these things destroy my ears in no time but at moderate / low volume I can use them for hours even without much EQ.

 

Also obviously the recording / MP3 quality makes a massive difference, high quality FLAC recordings sound pretty much smooth whereas low quality / bad recording sound vile on the HE400.


Edited by nicholars - 9/24/13 at 8:46am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread**