or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread**
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

**Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** - Page 866

post #12976 of 20490
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerg View Post

Just I dunno hang it off a coiled cable or strong elastic cord off the ceiling, this way all the weight is counteracted smily_headphones1.gif  

Thanks for the laughs. A suspended headphone! biggrin.gif
post #12977 of 20490
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTCG View Post

MLE, I'm wondering if we should tell Jerg about the ma900. Hmm...now there's a lightweight contender with some real legs on it. biggrin.gif

As long as Jerg has some realistic expectations on it, considering they are under $200, they just might surprise him. If he loves a warm, balanced headphone with a large soundstage, and non-existent weight.... he just might fall in love. And considering he likes to mod... he MIGHT just find pads suitable to replace the thin pads on the MA900 which is my only real gripe. The cable is thin, but it doesn't bother me. Just wish it wasn't so damn long.

I wouldn't say people are selling off their headphones because the MA900 is better. I feel they are selling it off because the MA900 does so many things right with the extra added bonus of almost disappearing on your head. I have never, EVER felt a headphone as comfortable as the MA900, other than the Steelseries Siberia which wasn't exactly stellar.

That being said, I don't find them better than any of the well known mid-fi cans (i.e. DT880, Q701, HD650, etc), BUT I would easily get rid of them to keep the MA900 because of it's pleasing tone and supreme comfort.

They do trump the current 5xx sennheisers though.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 9/19/13 at 9:01pm
post #12978 of 20490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy View Post


As long as Jerg has some realistic expectations on it, considering they are under $200, they just might surprise him. If he loves a warm, balanced headphone with a large soundstage, and non-existent weight.... he just might fall in love. And considering he likes to mod... he MIGHT just find pads suitable to replace the thin pads on the MA900 which is my only real gripe. The cable is thin, but it doesn't bother me. Just wish it wasn't so damn long.

I wouldn't say people are selling off their headphones because the MA900 is better. I feel they are selling it off because the MA900 does so many things right with the extra added bonus of almost disappearing on your head. I have never, EVER felt a headphone as comfortable as the MA900, other than the Steelseries Siberia which wasn't exactly stellar.

That being said, I don't find them better than any of the well known mid-fi cans (i.e. DT880, Q701, HD650, etc), BUT I would easily get rid of them to keep the MA900 because of it's pleasing tone and supreme comfort.

They do trump the current 5xx sennheisers though.

 

I'm sure it's great, but I just don't see where it would fit in into my daily listening. I have no issue wearing my HE500s at home for 10 hours straight if needed be, because of the extensively modded headband and pads. Outdoors I carry my modded KSC75s which are indispensable in terms of portability, comfort, and SQ (I can bet on anything that my modded KSC75s are lighter and more comfortable than the MA900).

post #12979 of 20490
Lol, yeah. I was referring to FULL-sized (should've mentioned this) headphone comfort being the best on the MA900. Nothing....NOTHING bests the KSC75 in comfort for me overall.

I wish Koss made a wireless version of the KSC75/35, lol. Probably not possible, but man, I'd be ALL over that. Wireless clip ons... dear god, yes.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 9/19/13 at 9:24pm
post #12980 of 20490

I'll also chime in my w1000x is very weightless, although I can't really run in it but the ATH Wing system is REALLY nice on their nicer cans! 

 

and MORE comfy than a Beyer :O what is THIS blasphamey! 

post #12981 of 20490
I can't stand the wing design. I will never, ever buy an Audio-Technica headphone with that design ever again.
post #12982 of 20490

Hmm in terms of comfort i gotta say that the shure IEMs are quite an upgrade from any normal IEMs.

 

More than once I forgot i was wearing them. Unfortunatelly i only have the SE215 version so i usually take my HE-400 with me wherever i go.... with some exceptions.

post #12983 of 20490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy View Post

I can't stand the wing design. I will never, ever buy an Audio-Technica headphone with that design ever again.

 

Ouch sorry to hear that, your missing out on many a good headphones :/ I still though don't know why the only sell the Wing Design cans... should b an option 

post #12984 of 20490

He's weird with comfort like that.

post #12985 of 20490
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMRaven View Post
 

He's weird with comfort like that.

 

apprently and GUESS WHAT

 
GREAT NEWS [not really] SO today is a Chinnese Holiday AND there is  HUGE STORM heading thier way... which means my AUdio GD 10ES2... might take a month to even get built >.> damnit Murphy 
post #12986 of 20490

The ATH wing system was terrible on the A900X. Hardly any resistance at all; they just kept sliding down my head. However, I've heard that the AD900X has a much tighter wing system as well as several other ATH cans. Maybe if I was bald I wouldn't have had issues (yay static friction).

post #12987 of 20490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thujone View Post
 

The ATH wing system was terrible on the A900X. Hardly any resistance at all; they just kept sliding down my head. However, I've heard that the AD900X has a much tighter wing system as well as several other ATH cans. Maybe if I was bald I wouldn't have had issues (yay static friction).

 

pff I have the AD900x the Wing is better BUT the wings them selvs don't grip as well as the A900x :/./ I owned both A900x and AD900x actually, I wanted the A900x Clamp and wings on the AD900x, but the AD900x has such lovely ePads 

post #12988 of 20490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thujone View Post
 

The ATH wing system was terrible on the A900X. Hardly any resistance at all; they just kept sliding down my head. However, I've heard that the AD900X has a much tighter wing system as well as several other ATH cans. Maybe if I was bald I wouldn't have had issues (yay static friction).


Maybe for you, I find the A900X perfectly comfortable.

post #12989 of 20490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mani ATH 87 View Post
 


Maybe for you, I find the A900X perfectly comfortable.

 

for me the A900x was comfy as well, I would have liked the A900x Fit on the AD900x honestly 

post #12990 of 20490
A brief summary since one year of enjoying the music with this gem: amping my HE-400 using a vintage RCA 6AS7 (modified Darkvoice 336 SE), there are no treble issues for me at all. With stock canare cable and velours, just glorious sound. I have used the stock pleathers at the beginning, but not so nice. The DT 990 velours are more comfortable, but the sound gets thinner and less involving. So the next step will be the jergpad mod. Cannot imagine nicer sounding cans.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread**