- 13,664 Posts. Joined 3/2010
- Location: Orlando, Florida, USA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 990 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productFiiO E17tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 10/31/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-500tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productPanasonic RP-HTF600-S Step Monitortagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
Related Forum Threads
- Trying to decide: HE400, HE500, HD600 or HD650 + Fiio E17/Fiio E9K Last post on 12/9/13 at 4:35am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HE-500 and FiiO E17 Last post on 1/26/14 at 1:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Apple to Oranges HiFiMan HE-400, HiFiMan HE-500, or Denon AH-D600. What would you go with? Last post on 12/13/13 at 4:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for a good $800~ budget setup. Last post on 2/11/14 at 7:47am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone Signature Pro vs Beyer T70p vs Beyer T5p for rock and metal? Last post on 11/6/12 at 6:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/10/13
Been looking for some new closed headphones, with only three at the moment and for some time in fact. Good ones, though: Sony MDR Z1000, Sony MDR 7520, and Senn Amperiors, Sometimes you just...
There are many great headphones in this SUB-$150 category , I have a good amount of headphones in the range and have tried a good enough of them to know what to expect in this category The...
(Note - XL ear pads are installed. The sound will be judged based on that.) Introduction: I purchased these headphones mainly out of curiosity. I was reading reviews and watching youtubers...
Accessories: Includes a pouch and cable. Pouch is well-built, compact, and stylish. Soft, flexible cable has never tangled for me in my time with it. Right angled jack is durable and well-relieved....
First off, I would like to thank Noisehush for sending me the NX85's! I'll get into the review now. Packaging: The NX85 come in a sturdy black card board box. It is all black, except the...
**Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** - Page 858post #12856 of 170839/16/13 at 5:23pmUsing the HE4 off the SA-31 (10watts at the HE-4's impedance), I STILL felt they wanted more. Seriously. DO NOT HALF ASS IT WITH THE HE-4. Like Matt said, they meet the same amping requirements as the HE-6, basically.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #12857 of 170839/16/13 at 5:26pmQuote:
10 watts is more than enough even for the HE-6.post #12858 of 170839/16/13 at 5:31pmI certainly felt the HE-4 could be fed with much more power than both the Lyr and SA-31, keeping in mind that both drove the HE-4 to ear screeching levels. It sounded more refined off the SA-31, but it still felt like it was holding back to me.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 9/16/13 at 5:33pmpost #12859 of 170839/16/13 at 5:32pmpost #12860 of 170839/16/13 at 5:33pm
Probably might not be the raw power but the quality behind that power. If you take a look at something like the Emotiva, which is said to do well with the HE-6, its transformer is considerably larger than the Lyr.post #12861 of 170839/16/13 at 5:34pmpost #12862 of 170839/16/13 at 5:37pmpost #12863 of 170839/16/13 at 5:47pmpost #12864 of 170839/16/13 at 5:57pmpost #12865 of 170839/16/13 at 6:00pmpost #12866 of 170839/16/13 at 6:01pmpost #12867 of 170839/16/13 at 6:12pmpost #12868 of 170839/16/13 at 6:16pmThread Starterpost #12869 of 170839/16/13 at 6:31pm
bleh decisions decisions, do I stick with Dynamics and go balanced with them, or go with SE Orthos... I guess I could just wait to upgrade to a higher end Balanaced AUdio GD amp that would have enough poweralthough honestly, I don't really need the HE 4, assuming the Beyer T90 is at least in it's class, seeing how it would be easier to drive and hopefully balanced would at laest have the sound stage and imaging of the HE 4still the HE 400 sounds like the right EDM open for me :3 till I can maybe get a LCD 3post #12870 of 170839/16/13 at 6:39pmQuote:
The deal would be on razordogaudio.com of course, forgot to include that in the initial post...The LCD-x vegan pads are $80 and the leather ones should cost around the same. I'm pretty sure some have already tried them, they said that they were a bit hard to fit on Hifiman headphones because of the difference in size and that the sound isn't worth the premium considering the HE-400 isn't supposed to be high end in terms of cost anyways.
- **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread**
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio WA6 + WA6SE: Tubes, Comments, Pictures, and Advice 2 minutes ago
- › Wow! Sennheiser HD 540 Reference are so good. 3 minutes ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . please post your reviews and impressions.... 3 minutes ago
- › ALO Audio Studio Six Reviews and Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › 11-piece Starter or Mid-range Audiophile Package! -- 1 of every... 7 minutes ago
- › Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-2 8 minutes ago
- › Post A Photograph Of Your Turntable 8 minutes ago
- › Grado RS1i Appreciation thread 8 minutes ago
- › galaxy s5 vs sony z2 in audio capabilities? 9 minutes ago
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by zazex
- › Ultrasone HFI-450 by MrTechAgent
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by zach8278
- › Ultimate Ears UE4000 Headphones by gopats1479
- › NoiseHush NX85 Stereo 3.5mm Headset with Mic - Retail Packaging -... by Mathewsa
- › LHLabs Geek Out by bhazard
- › Monster Inspiration by betterthan1122
- › Meridian Explorer by zolkis
- › Beyerdynamic T51P Tesla Headphone - Silver by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by zach8278
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude