- 14,508 Posts. Joined 3/2010
- Location: Orlando, Florida, USA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 990 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productFiiO E17tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 10/31/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-500tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productPanasonic RP-HTF600-S Step Monitortagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
Related Forum Threads
- Trying to decide: HE400, HE500, HD600 or HD650 + Fiio E17/Fiio E9K Last post on 12/9/13 at 4:35am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HE-500 and FiiO E17 Last post on 1/26/14 at 1:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Apple to Oranges HiFiMan HE-400, HiFiMan HE-500, or Denon AH-D600. What would you go with? Last post on 12/13/13 at 4:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for a good $800~ budget setup. Last post on 2/11/14 at 7:47am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone Signature Pro vs Beyer T70p vs Beyer T5p for rock and metal? Last post on 11/6/12 at 6:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 11/21/14
Brainwavz S0 Quick Review Thanks to mp4nation for the sample. Full Review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/743834/brainwavz-s0-review-by-mark2410 Brief: The S5 has a baby...
Over the recent months, Creative has been bursting out some pretty nice portable gears aiming from the basic casual user all the way up to serious audiophiles. Most importantly, they are pricing...
The main selling point of this DAP is its size. Operation is straightforward, and small screen is better than none. Sound signature is likeable, detailed enough and musical enough. It uses RKnanoC...
I realize this is ancient news in 2014 but I recently rediscovered my iAudio7 and am loving it. It sounds remarkably good for a "fun"-signatured DAP and holy mackerel, the battery life is...
**Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** - Page 858
Gear mentioned in this thread:
10 watts is more than enough even for the HE-6.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 9/16/13 at 5:33pm
Probably might not be the raw power but the quality behind that power. If you take a look at something like the Emotiva, which is said to do well with the HE-6, its transformer is considerably larger than the Lyr.
bleh decisions decisions, do I stick with Dynamics and go balanced with them, or go with SE Orthos... I guess I could just wait to upgrade to a higher end Balanaced AUdio GD amp that would have enough power
The deal would be on razordogaudio.com of course, forgot to include that in the initial post...The LCD-x vegan pads are $80 and the leather ones should cost around the same. I'm pretty sure some have already tried them, they said that they were a bit hard to fit on Hifiman headphones because of the difference in size and that the sound isn't worth the premium considering the HE-400 isn't supposed to be high end in terms of cost anyways.
- **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread**
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Havi B6 ! 45 seconds ago
- › Introduction Thing 50 seconds ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 51 seconds ago
- › looking for a headphone 1 minute ago
- › Some HOT Science From Synergistic Research 1 minute ago
- › 1964 Ears 1 minute ago
- › Need some advice to upgrade my headphone setup. 2 minutes ago
- › NEW V-Moda Mountain Dew Baja Blast Shields & Wing Plates... 3 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM70: A Bold New Direction 3 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR MA900 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by mark2410
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by ClieOS
- › Blue Microphones Mo-Fi Powered High-Fidelity Headphones with... by MacedonianHero
- › Basic K3 by nino9
- › Cowon iAUDIO 7 16Gb by Climber
- › Audio-Technica ATH-AD700X Audiophile Open-Air Headphones by TheHeadPhoneGuy
- › Shure SRH840 by SoundApprentice
- › Beyerdynamic DT-990 Professional Headphones by SoundApprentice
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by anoobis
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by dweaver
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)