- 14,156 Posts. Joined 3/2010
- Location: Orlando, Florida, USA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 990 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productFiiO E17tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 10/31/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-500tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productPanasonic RP-HTF600-S Step Monitortagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
Related Forum Threads
- Trying to decide: HE400, HE500, HD600 or HD650 + Fiio E17/Fiio E9K Last post on 12/9/13 at 4:35am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HE-500 and FiiO E17 Last post on 1/26/14 at 1:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Apple to Oranges HiFiMan HE-400, HiFiMan HE-500, or Denon AH-D600. What would you go with? Last post on 12/13/13 at 4:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for a good $800~ budget setup. Last post on 2/11/14 at 7:47am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone Signature Pro vs Beyer T70p vs Beyer T5p for rock and metal? Last post on 11/6/12 at 6:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
Warm sound, good mid, great price Easy to drive compare with other studio headphone, there is shouldn't be too much complaint consider this headphone now only retail about $70 and sound really...
So the Pan Am from ALO Audio. This little guy is pretty dang impressive. An excellently-built, functioning desktop solution that is pretty easy on the eyes too! For the record, I've got the whole...
REVIEW: Brainwavz S5 Specifications: (from Brainwavz site) Driver: 10mm Dynamic Rated Impedance: 16 Ω Frequency Range: 18Hz - 24kHz Sensitivity: 110 dB @ 1 mW Cable: 1.3m,...
Thanks to Greed for a 10-day loan of his Ref 1 set, which I fully burnt-in and auditioned. This set had the uber cable. Super Brief Review (it's all just what my ears heard, if you love your Ref 1...
This review is going to be updated once I receive a balanced cable and use this amp in balanced operation. I figured this amp needed a proper review on here, and there is a lot of good stuff to say...
**Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** - Page 858
Gear mentioned in this thread:
10 watts is more than enough even for the HE-6.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 9/16/13 at 5:33pm
Probably might not be the raw power but the quality behind that power. If you take a look at something like the Emotiva, which is said to do well with the HE-6, its transformer is considerably larger than the Lyr.
bleh decisions decisions, do I stick with Dynamics and go balanced with them, or go with SE Orthos... I guess I could just wait to upgrade to a higher end Balanaced AUdio GD amp that would have enough power
The deal would be on razordogaudio.com of course, forgot to include that in the initial post...The LCD-x vegan pads are $80 and the leather ones should cost around the same. I'm pretty sure some have already tried them, they said that they were a bit hard to fit on Hifiman headphones because of the difference in size and that the sound isn't worth the premium considering the HE-400 isn't supposed to be high end in terms of cost anyways.
- **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread**
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The Stax Thread III 46 seconds ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 53 seconds ago
- › Little Dot MK VI / Little Dot MK VIII SE Owners Unite 1 minute ago
- › [The Not So] Upcoming Sennheiser Stat & Amp 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Ultrasone Edition 12 announced in Japan 2 minutes ago
- › JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › VSonic GR07 Bass Edition Impressions 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1, the first high-res DAP for the young ! 3 minutes ago
- › The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Crystal by MEElectronics In-Ear Headphones with Microphone Made... by indieman
- › Fidue A31s by djvkool
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)