Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread**
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

**Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** - Page 840

post #12586 of 17697
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTCG View Post

MLE...you need to hear the AD. Then you'll have your staple higher end. 

I don't like closed headphones, unless its the Denons/Fostex flagships.

The AD would be too neutral for my tastes.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 9/9/13 at 6:35am
post #12587 of 17697
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferday View Post

I'm sure they will and I'm quite certain it would cost nearly double what it does now....

I've been putting a lot of (very fun) head time on my sr80i and the he400 does NOT have hot treble wink.gif

As a two time HE400 owner, who also loved the 990, the HE400 does have hot treble to me. I'm over headphones like that.
post #12588 of 17697
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy View Post

Yeah, the MA-900 is gonna be a staple, but I'd like to own something a bit higher end as a main. (I'd love it if HFM released a newer HE-400 with less treble and better design/comfort/less weight). Still, I can live with the MA900 alone.

 

 how bout you stop wasting your time and money on a never-ending list of 'mid-tier' headphones and save up for a sr-007 and amp?  seriously, with how much you've bought and sold over recent years i reckon you lost at least half of what you could have put forth into an sr007.  

post #12589 of 17697
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMRaven View Post
 

 

 how bout you stop wasting your time and money on a never-ending list of 'mid-tier' headphones and save up for a sr-007 and amp?  seriously, with how much you've bought and sold over recent years i reckon you lost at least half of what you could have put forth into an sr007.  

 

lol my thoughts as well.

post #12590 of 17697

MLE did try some stax before though IIRC

post #12591 of 17697

The more time I spend with my HE-500 the more I see how a great value the HE-400 is. Definitely worth all the praise and popularity.

post #12592 of 17697
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okamoto View Post

The more time I spend with my HE-500 the more I see how a great value the HE-400 is. Definitely worth all the praise and popularity.
While that is true, funnily enough, the 500 is what prevents me from going back to the 400, especially now that I have the jergpads by modulor.
post #12593 of 17697
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMRaven View Post

 how bout you stop wasting your time and money on a never-ending list of 'mid-tier' headphones and save up for a sr-007 and amp?  seriously, with how much you've bought and sold over recent years i reckon you lost at least half of what you could have put forth into an sr007.  
TM, the problem is one of getting the SR 007 mk1 which I have read here on Head-fi is better than the mk2. Are you agnostic to both models?
post #12594 of 17697

Talking about jergpads, I'm wondering when is Ryan going to make them again?

post #12595 of 17697

I've read you can easily mod the MK2 to be more akin to the MK1.  Whereas the MK1 had a linear and extended bass, the MK2 had more of a midbass hump and less extension.  Plugging up the bass port in the MK2 helps mitigate the hump and give it more extension.

post #12596 of 17697
quote name="TMRaven" url="/t/604583/hifiman-he-400-impressions-and-discussion-thread/12585#post_9787853"]I've read you can easily mod the MK2 to be more akin to the MK1.  Whereas the MK1 had a linear and extended bass, the MK2 had more of a midbass hump and less extension.  Plugging up the bass port in the MK2 helps mitigate the hump and give it more extension.
[/quote]
Thanks for the info, I did not know that. And apologies for temporarily hijacking this thread.
post #12597 of 17697
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMRaven View Post

 how bout you stop wasting your time and money on a never-ending list of 'mid-tier' headphones and save up for a sr-007 and amp?  seriously, with how much you've bought and sold over recent years i reckon you lost at least half of what you could have put forth into an sr007.  

Coincidentally, I was thinking of saving up for a TH900. Lol. Thats gonna take some time on my pay.
post #12598 of 17697
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy View Post


Coincidentally, I was thinking of saving up for a TH900. Lol. Thats gonna take some time on my pay.

 

That is so unlike you to skip the TH600 ;)

post #12599 of 17697
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okamoto View Post
 

Talking about jergpads, I'm wondering when is Ryan going to make them again?

Very soon, I'm actually writing up all the details now and finishing up the tutorial so later this week/weekend I will begin to contact people from the list. :D

post #12600 of 17697
Quote:
Originally Posted by modulor View Post
 

Very soon, I'm actually writing up all the details now and finishing up the tutorial so later this week/weekend I will begin to contact people from the list. :D

 

 

Exciting! 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread**