- 43 Posts. Joined 11/2005
- Location: South
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 990 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productFiiO E17tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 10/31/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-500tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productPanasonic RP-HTF600-S Step Monitortagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
Related Forum Threads
- Trying to decide: HE400, HE500, HD600 or HD650 + Fiio E17/Fiio E9K Last post on 12/9/13 at 4:35am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HE-500 and FiiO E17 Last post on 1/26/14 at 1:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Apple to Oranges HiFiMan HE-400, HiFiMan HE-500, or Denon AH-D600. What would you go with? Last post on 12/13/13 at 4:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for a good $800~ budget setup. Last post on 2/11/14 at 7:47am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone Signature Pro vs Beyer T70p vs Beyer T5p for rock and metal? Last post on 11/6/12 at 6:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
Thanks to Greed for a 10-day loan of his Ref 1 set, which I fully burnt-in and auditioned. This set had the uber cable. Super Brief Review (it's all just what my ears heard, if you love your...
This review is going to be updated once I receive a balanced cable and use this amp in balanced operation. I figured this amp needed a proper review on here, and there is a lot of good stuff to say...
Read a ton of reviews before purchasing. However, I will be honest and say that I was a bit let down by the bass. Don't get me wrong, its very detailed and balanced and perhaps there lies my issue,...
Schiit Ragnarok: Is It Love, or Is It Just Schiit? Introduction: This part is just to give you some background on my experience and how I’ve arrived at the Schiit Ragnarok before...
my repost from: http://www.head-fi.org/t/623894/review-logitech-ue9000-ultimate-ears-headphones-released-the-ue4000-ue6000-and-the-ue9000-impressions-thread/930 Just my two cents, to me, I feel...
**Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** - Page 839
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Its funny how many people dont like this HP at first and then get used to it after a few days of listen.
The coloration here is clearly not the most popular in the world (in fact at start i thought my head was going to blow up like those crystal cups that people break with their voice), but in many cases it grows on you after some time.
I do lower the treble a notch for this HP myself, but I still like the clarity it brings.
There are actually a LOT of negative features on this HP if you think about it (weight, bad pads, weak cable conectors, requires quite some power to run, headband aint best out there either, open HP so no isolation....), but most of this seems irrelevant once you get realize the quality/price ratio.
After all, If you got the cash, I assume a Stax 009 or a Senn HD800 should be the way to go :D.
I dunno I really can't think of a better headband besides maybe a Sennheiser hd600/650 or audio technica wing system, and I only think the wing system works because of the super light weight of the headphones themselves.
Amplification is probably one of HE-400's strong points. It might require a little juice but it doesn't need x amp to match perfectly with it. As a planar magnetic it fits well with a lot of different amps.
It wold SOOO easy for HFM to put a nice thick strip of memory foam under the sewn leather for the headband. This would go a long way to making this hp more comfortable IMO. The cost would almost be negligible. It the foam weren't sewn you'd see a long thread here called "jergfoam mod by Modular."
Sure. But I'm just thinking in terms of what HFM could do themselves to polish the product during production. The mod community will always step in and improve things that are unacceptable or unfinished. The jergpads being the most prominent example.
That shouldn't matter though because of their pleather earpads.
I'm sure they will and I'm quite certain it would cost nearly double what it does now....
I've been putting a lot of (very fun) head time on my sr80i and the he400 does NOT have hot treble
- **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread**
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Sony PHA 2 Headphone Amplifier USB DAC (iPhone IPod iPad) 2 seconds ago
- › Chord Hugo 1 minute ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 2 minutes ago
- › Need a low latency wireless headphone 2 minutes ago
- › Rockbox for iBasso DX50 + cwm recovery Latest Update: 2014-09-15 5 minutes ago
- › AudioValve RKV-II (OTL amp) (2014 version) + AudioValve Box... 5 minutes ago
- › Bang for the buck gaming headphones 6 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica ATH- ES 10 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 6 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Crystal by MEElectronics In-Ear Headphones with Microphone Made... by indieman
- › Fidue A31s by djvkool
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic by donniefalcone
- › PCM-M10 Portable Digital Recorder by THD plus N
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)