or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread**
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

**Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** - Page 822

post #12316 of 21668
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thujone View Post

A song I've been really into lately is Draw The Line by Haywyre. Perfect compliment to the 400's IMO. smily_headphones1.gif

The song was awesome. I'm digging The Prototype even more though.

post #12317 of 21668

Amazing track. Listening to all of the artists mentioned here on LCD2.2, awesome stuff.

post #12318 of 21668
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by wje View Post

 

I normally just wear mine in the shower about once per month to wash the pads.  Sometimes, when I feel real brave, I take the iPod into the shower too and listen to tunes while I clean them.  I've found that shampoo does pretty well and as soon as you finish washing your hair, you can move into the ear pads.  Plus, when you rinse them, the shower water does a great job of getting all the soap out of the pads.  Enjoy!  biggrin.gif

 

iPod in the shower? You guys are nuts!! I drilled a small hole in my shower and installed a water proof 3.5 jack that feeds right to my desktop amps. If you're gonna do something, you might as well do it right. 

post #12319 of 21668
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTCG View Post

 

iPod in the shower? You guys are nuts!! I drilled a small hole in my shower and installed a water proof 3.5 jack that feeds right to my desktop amps. If you're gonna do something, you might as well do it right. 

I agree, my HE-400's barely get loud enough from my iPod. Especially when you have all the shower noise in the background.

post #12320 of 21668
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTCG View Post

 

iPod in the shower? You guys are nuts!! I drilled a small hole in my shower and installed a water proof 3.5 jack that feeds right to my desktop amps. If you're gonna do something, you might as well do it right. 

 

I hope you are joking there.

post #12321 of 21668
Thread Starter 

MattTCG never jokes when it comes to audiophilia. tongue.gif

post #12322 of 21668
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thujone View Post

I agree, my HE-400's barely get loud enough from my iPod. Especially when you have all the shower noise in the background.

 

A true audiophile doesn't take showers, they take bubble baths to minimize any noise and maximize headphone enjoyment while cleansing themselves.

post #12323 of 21668
Quote:
Originally Posted by beaver316 View Post

 

A true audiophile doesn't take showers, they take bubble baths to minimize any noise and maximize headphone enjoyment while cleansing themselves.

Can confirm.

post #12324 of 21668

I usually wash mine in a hot spring or under a waterfall near my camp house. Very efficient and pleasant methods.

Sometimes I also take them to the beach with me. The salt water and hot sun clean it very fast.

post #12325 of 21668

A TRUE dedicated audiophile would not shower or clean themselves in any way because the THD and SNR when showering is unacceptable.


Edited by nicholars - 8/20/13 at 5:54am
post #12326 of 21668
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okamoto View Post

I usually wash mine in a hot spring or under a waterfall near my camp house. Very efficient and pleasant methods.

Sometimes I also take them to the beach with me. The salt water and hot sun clean it very fast.

I prefer fresh water for the pads, salt water for the magnets and diaphragm.

post #12327 of 21668
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thujone View Post

I prefer fresh water for the pads, salt water for the magnets and diaphragm.


Both are fine for the pads, as long as you use fresh water to remove the salt later.

And btw, salt water and hot sun are good for new headphones. Makes them burn in faster.


Edited by Okamoto - 8/20/13 at 6:05am
post #12328 of 21668

I find the best way to wash the HE-400 is to take them apart with a hammer then run a wire brush all over the drivers, then follow this with some washing up liquid and a pressure washer. Hang them up on the washing line in the sun and then you are good to go ;)

post #12329 of 21668

Washing machine (alternatively dishwasher) for the lazies...

post #12330 of 21668
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholars View Post

I find the best way to wash the HE-400 is to take them apart with a hammer then run a wire brush all over the drivers, then follow this with some washing up liquid and a pressure washer. Hang them up on the washing line in the sun and then you are good to go ;)

I'm gonna have to try this. I recently tried using my washer and drier and let's just say that the headphones were a complete disaster after the dry cycle. Five hours and a complete roll of duct tape later and they sound better than they ever have. The drier really burned in the drivers.

 

Wire brushing should be better so I don't have to reassemble this duct tape mess.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread**