or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread**
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

**Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** - Page 793

post #11881 of 21666
Thread Starter 

This is certainly out of place but I wanted to say that our four year Daschund, p-nut, will likely have to be put down tomorrow or sometime this week. He has at least one ruptured disc in his back and can not ambulate anymore. 

 

It's a double whammy for me to see him go because it also it also breaks my daughters heart for is tough on the dads. I just needed to post about him somewhere to help me through the process. I'm not looking to derail the thread, so no need to post back. Thanks. This is him...

 

post #11882 of 21666
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTCG View Post

This is certainly out of place but I wanted to say that our four year Daschund, p-nut, will likely have to be put down tomorrow or sometime this week. He has at least one ruptured disc in his back and can not ambulate anymore. 

 

It's a double whammy for me to see him go because it also it also breaks my daughters heart for is tough on the dads. I just needed to post about him somewhere to help me through the process. I'm not looking to derail the thread, so no need to post back. Thanks. This is him...

 

 

 

frown.gif

 

You're welcome to spill your guts over here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/626954/the-diary-entries-of-a-little-girl-who-is-now-30-part-2

 

We're pretty accommodating.

post #11883 of 21666
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTCG View Post

This is certainly out of place but I wanted to say that our four year Daschund, p-nut, will likely have to be put down tomorrow or sometime this week. He has at least one ruptured disc in his back and can not ambulate anymore. 

It's a double whammy for me to see him go because it also it also breaks my daughters heart for is tough on the dads. I just needed to post about him somewhere to help me through the process. I'm not looking to derail the thread, so no need to post back. Thanks. This is him...


Sad news frown.gif Saying goodbye to a pet is never easy.
post #11884 of 21666

Matt,

 

Very sorry to hear this.

 

Ironically, I was reading a book a few weeks back, I was reading "The Psychopath Test" by Jon Ronson (author of "Men Who Stare at Goats").  He shared information on a brief interview with Al Dunlap (the heartless individual who dissected Sunbeam by cutting a majority of their workforce).  Anyway, Al was placed into the category of being a psychopath due to his irrational/arrogant/unsympathetic behavior.  Yet, Al did have a great quote - "If You Want a Friend, Then Get a Dog" as he basically implied that having friends in the business world isn't a good idea because the day might come when you have to can them.  However, having a dog as a friend means you can have a true relationship and not necessarily have to involve the dynamics of business.

post #11885 of 21666
Quote:
Originally Posted by beaver316 View Post

 

I can't seem to find any traces of the user GREQ in this thread confused.gif

Apologies, he was over on the HE-500 thread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/551345/hifiman-he-500-he-as-in-high-end-please-post-your-impressions-proving-to-be-a-great-headphone-and-standing-the-test-of-time/5520#post_9524957

post #11886 of 21666
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerg View Post

I dunno, I ordered pretty dang early (just 2 days after the cut-off for the orders of rev. 1 batch of HE400s) and the early rev. 2 HE400 I got had massive transient imbalance issues too. It just seems that HFM quality control for early HE400s was really sub-par, as expected. 

 

Rule of thumb should be, if new planar magnetic headphone with new driver is announced and just released, wait half a year even if early reviews are glowing; this applies to both HFM and Audeze.

Right this is why waited to order... haha. I remember now. I believe in this rule of thumb too. Wait at least a year for Hifiman products or I guess don't be shy about sending them in for repair. When I got my very first HE-500, three months after release. It had a crap load of problems, build quality wise. I got 2 replacements within a 8 month period, with the sound and build quality improving each time. I think the HE-500 was "finalized" maybe a year and a half after release. LOL. The one I have now was made late March of 2013 and is the best HE-500 I've had out of 4 in terms of build/sonics.

post #11887 of 21666
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-13 View Post

Right this is why waited to order... haha. I remember now. I believe in this rule of thumb too. Wait at least a year for Hifiman products or I guess don't be shy about sending them in for repair. When I got my very first HE-500, three months after release. It had a crap load of problems, build quality wise. I got 2 replacements within a 8 month period, with the sound and build quality improving each time. I think the HE-500 was "finalized" maybe a year and a half after release. LOL. The one I have now was made late March of 2013 and is the best HE-500 I've had out of 4 in terms of build/sonics.

My refurbbed HE500s are made in March 2012 (as shown by the serial stickers on the drivers); they are great and all except there is a big impedance mismatch, which surprisingly has zero effect on anything other than the multimetre.

post #11888 of 21666

A lot also depends on how well the HE-400 have synergy with the rest of one's rig. I dare to say that Audio-Gd gear still has the best synergy.

post #11889 of 21666
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTCG View Post

This is certainly out of place but I wanted to say that our four year Daschund, p-nut, will likely have to be put down tomorrow or sometime this week. He has at least one ruptured disc in his back and can not ambulate anymore. 

 

It's a double whammy for me to see him go because it also it also breaks my daughters heart for is tough on the dads. I just needed to post about him somewhere to help me through the process. I'm not looking to derail the thread, so no need to post back. Thanks. This is him...

 


I'm sorry to hear this frown.gif

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wje View Post

Matt,

 

Very sorry to hear this.

 

Ironically, I was reading a book a few weeks back, I was reading "The Psychopath Test" by Jon Ronson (author of "Men Who Stare at Goats").  He shared information on a brief interview with Al Dunlap (the heartless individual who dissected Sunbeam by cutting a majority of their workforce).  Anyway, Al was placed into the category of being a psychopath due to his irrational/arrogant/unsympathetic behavior.  Yet, Al did have a great quote - "If You Want a Friend, Then Get a Dog" as he basically implied that having friends in the business world isn't a good idea because the day might come when you have to can them.  However, having a dog as a friend means you can have a true relationship and not necessarily have to involve the dynamics of business.

 

Wayne always with wise words.

post #11890 of 21666
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTCG View Post

This is certainly out of place but I wanted to say that our four year Daschund, p-nut, will likely have to be put down tomorrow or sometime this week. He has at least one ruptured disc in his back and can not ambulate anymore. 

It's a double whammy for me to see him go because it also it also breaks my daughters heart for is tough on the dads. I just needed to post about him somewhere to help me through the process. I'm not looking to derail the thread, so no need to post back. Thanks. This is him...



Matt, that's terrible. Sorry you have to deal with that mate.

Matt
post #11891 of 21666

I don't know what I would do if my Nala and Ash (both cats) would pass away. :'( My condolences.

post #11892 of 21666
Thread Starter 
Many thanks everyone.
post #11893 of 21666

Hey guys

Could any of you post their HE-400 eq settings for foobar? I found a post by Raven where he uploded his but I can't download them anymore:/

post #11894 of 21666
Quote:
Originally Posted by reiserFS View Post

A lot also depends on how well the HE-400 have synergy with the rest of one's rig. I dare to say that Audio-Gd gear still has the best synergy.

 

I think it probably depends largely on the DAC used.

NFB-11.32 has Sabre ES9018, which is very detailed, but not bright - sounds great with HE-400 both through the DAC and HP outputs.The treble is less bothersome when it's packed with details - noise becomes music.

post #11895 of 21666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luczez View Post

Hey guys

Could any of you post their HE-400 eq settings for foobar? I found a post by Raven where he uploded his but I can't download them anymore:/

 

This is what mine looks like. 

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread**