Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread**
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

**Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** - Page 785

post #11761 of 17960

Haven't used my HE-400 in about two weeks. Haven't posted here in over a month, I think. I haven't used my HE-400 because we're in the process of a move. It hurts my soul.

post #11762 of 17960

I'm sorry for your soul. triportsad.gif

post #11763 of 17960
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-13 View Post

No I think you need to stop attacking people who refuse to use EQ, because like I said EQing one part of the frequency will effect the harmonics of other frequencies that you did not intend. Do you understand this sentence?

 

Just because your 99% sure it doesn't degrade the sound doesn't mean the rest of us want to find out your 1%. Simple enough? So nothing about your opinions seem like facts to me, just assumptions based on more assumptions. Just say they're your opinions instead of facts and I have no problem with that.

 

 

"Attacking people" what the.... ? All I did was suggest that people who refuse to use EQ.... should give it a go.

 

Frankly my "assumptions" are more "fact" than "assumption" based on my own research into EQ'ing etc.


Edited by nicholars - 7/28/13 at 4:26am
post #11764 of 17960
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjames View Post

Haven't used my HE-400 in about two weeks. Haven't posted here in over a month, I think. I haven't used my HE-400 because we're in the process of a move. It hurts my soul.

 

I think you need to to find some "me time".  Regardless of where you are in a move, make it a point to set aside an hour for listening to some music with your HE-400s.  Regardless of whether I'm using the HE-400, the HD-600 or even the VSonic ear buds, I find that I need my music each and every day.  It's one of the best medicines that one can take.  smily_headphones1.gif

post #11765 of 17960
Quote:
Originally Posted by amigomatt View Post


Great sounding album! I'm just listening to this through my HD598s at the moment on Spotify Premium, will try it on my 400s later. Another album that sounds absolutely real to me is Doug MacLeod's 'There's a Time'. I don't think I've heard more realism through my HifiMan's than this album. Does anyone know it? It's so well and naturally recorded that all the issues and gripes you might have with the headphones magically disappear and you're left in awe of the most natural vocals, present and focused bass, wide open and clear highs, rich mids, all melded into an impressive and organic whole. It's also helps of course that all the songs are so characterful and beautifully performed! Check it out if you get a chance and need a reason to never get rid of these cans!

 

Thank you so much for the heads up onDoug MacLeod - There's A Time"...I really appreciate it! I didn't have it but found it at HDTracks and you're right, its great music and it sounds incredible.


Edited by KLJTech - 7/28/13 at 8:35am
post #11766 of 17960
Nice bluesy acoustic. Works well as both ambient music and for more serious listening.
post #11767 of 17960
Quote:
Originally Posted by wje View Post

 

I think you need to to find some "me time".  Regardless of where you are in a move, make it a point to set aside an hour for listening to some music with your HE-400s.  Regardless of whether I'm using the HE-400, the HD-600 or even the VSonic ear buds, I find that I need my music each and every day.  It's one of the best medicines that one can take.  smily_headphones1.gif

Which Vsonics do you have?

post #11768 of 17960
Quote:
Originally Posted by wje View Post

I think you need to to find some "me time".  Regardless of where you are in a move, make it a point to set aside an hour for listening to some music with your HE-400s.  Regardless of whether I'm using the HE-400, the HD-600 or even the VSonic ear buds, I find that I need my music each and every day.  It's one of the best medicines that one can take.  smily_headphones1.gif

I almost ALWAYS have an iPod and some IEM's within my reach, even in a move or on vacation or wherever!
post #11769 of 17960
Quote:
Originally Posted by modulor View Post

Which Vsonics do you have?

 

The GR-02 (Bass Edition) and GR-06.  Pushed with the Fiio E12 (Monte Blanc) and a 120GB iPod Classic with a LOD.  Ironically, I picked up the mint iPod yesterday for $60 off of Craigslist.

 

With regards to the VSonic, I'm awfully happy with both pair.  When I'm away from the home system, the portable sounds pretty fine and gives me my fix.  At work, my productivity goes up quite a bit with some tunes and tuning out the banter in my work area.  The VSonic ear buds are a steal for what one gets.  I also picked up a few pair of MEElectronics buds the same week, too. They sound pretty good, too.  The trouble is, I don't have enough time to burn them all in.  So, I'm just using them as the time permits.

 

Give me a shout if you want to check out those VSonic models before making a purchase.

post #11770 of 17960
Thread Starter 

^^ You should check out the gr07 mkii and bass edition. Wow!!

post #11771 of 17960
Quote:
Originally Posted by wje View Post

I think you need to to find some "me time".  Regardless of where you are in a move, make it a point to set aside an hour for listening to some music with your HE-400s.  Regardless of whether I'm using the HE-400, the HD-600 or even the VSonic ear buds, I find that I need my music each and every day.  It's one of the best medicines that one can take.  smily_headphones1.gif

I hadn't listened to my HE-400's for a week now either.

Been in the process of moving as well, and finally busted them out and the o2/odac.


ooo yea, good to hear them again as always. sometimes it makes you appreciate them more, going on a hiatus. but i usually try to pipe music in every day when do-able.

It'd have been a real PITA to listen to them between being on a long road trip ya know?
Edited by earphiler - 7/28/13 at 3:28pm
post #11772 of 17960

Must say I really miss my rig when I am without it for periods longer than a day or two... Also when I am equipped with in-ears and amp.

post #11773 of 17960
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholars View Post

Can anyone post the EQ settings they use for the HE400? I would be interested to try out some other ones.

Here is what my profile looks like Currently:

 

 

All cuts are only about 2 dB, subtle to the point of being unnoticed if I choose to "bypass" in Foobar. I occasionally cut deeper (3-4 db), but keep coming back to a slighter tweak. I did some dramatic "shelf" EQing for awhile to really pump up the bass, but got tired of that. My choices are based on the assumption that measured frequency response at Inner Fidelity and Headroom are accurate, and that targeting peaks may help reduce fatigue. I listen for long hours sometimes, so fatigue is important to me. Too much bass or treble is wearing.

 

When using regular windows programs (Gaming, Pandora, Media Player), I just bump the bass 3 dB @50 hz in the good ole' Windows Mixer. It gives everything a little more punch, balancing the bass with the treble just a little more. But the above is a little less fatiguing to my ears, taming some of the splash down without sounding too much like my Sennheisers, in which the treble seems more distant and recessed.

post #11774 of 17960
Quote:
Originally Posted by wje View Post

 

The GR-02 (Bass Edition) and GR-06.  Pushed with the Fiio E12 (Monte Blanc) and a 120GB iPod Classic with a LOD.  Ironically, I picked up the mint iPod yesterday for $60 off of Craigslist.

 

With regards to the VSonic, I'm awfully happy with both pair.  When I'm away from the home system, the portable sounds pretty fine and gives me my fix.  At work, my productivity goes up quite a bit with some tunes and tuning out the banter in my work area.  The VSonic ear buds are a steal for what one gets.  I also picked up a few pair of MEElectronics buds the same week, too. They sound pretty good, too.  The trouble is, I don't have enough time to burn them all in.  So, I'm just using them as the time permits.

 

Give me a shout if you want to check out those VSonic models before making a purchase.

Nice find on the iPod Classic!  Much like HiFiMan, you could equally consider me a Vsonic fanboy.  If you're ever looking to move up from the GR06, I can't recommend the GR07 BE enough (or even the MKII), it's a tremendous value for it's price and a good step up.  I'll have to let you demo them sometime cool.gif

post #11775 of 17960
Quote:
Originally Posted by modulor View Post

Nice find on the iPod Classic!  Much like HiFiMan, you could equally consider me a Vsonic fanboy.  If you're ever looking to move up from the GR06, I can't recommend the GR07 BE enough (or even the MKII), it's a tremendous value for it's price and a good step up.  I'll have to let you demo them sometime cool.gif

I used to own a gr07/j3 combo and felt they were not a good combo at all. Probably the j3's fault though (not a good source xp).
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread**