Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread**
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

**Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** - Page 767

post #11491 of 19975
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmsaxon69 View Post


Just got mine the other day and I say YES!


Agreed.  If you don't like them you could probably sell them for almost the same price as you got them for on the used forum here, if you can't return them that is.  It seems like a good deal to me.

post #11492 of 19975

Got a Lyr coming, getting some great tubes for it, changing my HE-400 pads to some Beyerdynamic pads and then MAYBE an upgraded cable for the HE-400 then I am just going to enjoy some music for a while!

post #11493 of 19975
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmsaxon69 View Post


Just got mine the other day and I say YES!

did you buy it from them?

post #11494 of 19975
Quote:
Originally Posted by maoshouse View Post

did you buy it from them?

No, I paid full price from HeadDirect/HiFiMan. 

post #11495 of 19975
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmsaxon69 View Post

Got a Lyr coming, getting some great tubes for it, changing my HE-400 pads to some Beyerdynamic pads and then MAYBE an upgraded cable for the HE-400 then I am just going to enjoy some music for a while!


Oh yeah, and a Bifrost EVENTUALLY

post #11496 of 19975

alright lemme mull over this, sleep on it. im still slightly suspicious.

post #11497 of 19975

I'd make be sure to ask what revision these are...hard to beat that price.

post #11498 of 19975
Quote:
Originally Posted by reiserFS View Post

I'd kill for a pair.

I saw haejuk's reply, but I'll also put you on the interest list for the possible 'Round 2' just in case that doesn't pan out.

post #11499 of 19975
Quote:
Originally Posted by modulor View Post

I saw haejuk's reply, but I'll also put you on the interest list for the possible 'Round 2' just in case that doesn't pan out.

 

Since I'm local to you, let me know if I can be of any assistance in stirring up another batch of these wonders.

 

 

Also, after a bit of a sabbatical from this thread - due to the sale of my HE-400s, I went through 3 other models from HifiMan - The HE-5LE, the HE-4 and the HE-500.  All three were great, great headphones that excelled in various areas.  However, what occured to me is that I missed some of that unique slam that the HE-400 offered.  So, with the HE-5LE, HE-4 and HE-500 models being sold off, I've made it back to the HE-400.

 

Immediately, I was loving the bass that they provided.  Though, as the downside, I also experienced the sibilants in the female vocals that pushed me away from the HE-400s before.  I don't currently have a headphone amp connected to my computer, so I can't use the EQ programs that work with Foobar and WinAmp.  However, I'm running both wired and wireless versions of the Squeezebox player in my home.  The Squeezebox player has an EQ plug-in that I can use.  This will allow me to define anywhere from a few bands up to quite a few bands for sound adjustments.  Needless to say, I'll be focusing a bit on taming some of the frequencies once again to my liking.

post #11500 of 19975

  very interesting that you swing back to the HE400, says a lot about the headphone. 

post #11501 of 19975
Quote:
Originally Posted by wje View Post

 

Since I'm local to you, let me know if I can be of any assistance in stirring up another batch of these wonders.

 

 

Also, after a bit of a sabbatical from this thread - due to the sale of my HE-400s, I went through 3 other models from HifiMan - The HE-5LE, the HE-4 and the HE-500.  All three were great, great headphones that excelled in various areas.  However, what occured to me is that I missed some of that unique slam that the HE-400 offered.  So, with the HE-5LE, HE-4 and HE-500 models being sold off, I've made it back to the HE-400.

 

Immediately, I was loving the bass that they provided.  Though, as the downside, I also experienced the sibilants in the female vocals that pushed me away from the HE-400s before.  I don't currently have a headphone amp connected to my computer, so I can't use the EQ programs that work with Foobar and WinAmp.  However, I'm running both wired and wireless versions of the Squeezebox player in my home.  The Squeezebox player has an EQ plug-in that I can use.  This will allow me to define anywhere from a few bands up to quite a few bands for sound adjustments.  Needless to say, I'll be focusing a bit on taming some of the frequencies once again to my liking.

WB, Wayne!  I know you are the crafty type, so I'll send you a PM of my tutorial draft for the process.  If you think you'd be up to it, I'd love the help!

 

Interesting that you're back on the HE-400 after trying out the others...I have to admit there are times where I really miss the HE-400, but I've also really been loving my time with the HE-500.  I'm curious about trying the HE-4 next, though.

post #11502 of 19975
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundeffect View Post

very interesting that you swing back to the HE400, says a lot about the headphone. 

 

Or, it could say a lot about my indecisiveness or lack of sanity.  biggrin.gif

post #11503 of 19975

These are on the short list of headphones I wish to buy. 

post #11504 of 19975
Thread Starter 

Always good to see you active here again Wayne. biggrin.gif Welcome back...

post #11505 of 19975
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmsaxon69 View Post

Got a Lyr coming, getting some great tubes for it, changing my HE-400 pads to some Beyerdynamic pads and then MAYBE an upgraded cable for the HE-400 then I am just going to enjoy some music for a while!

Are you upgrading from the Valhalla or do you have a solid state amp that you use for them right now? I'm curious about the Lyr, so I'd like to hear your impressions with the HE-400. I have the Maverick A1 and the Magni and I definitely prefer the Magni due to more oomph but I do like the warm tube sound. Seems to me that the Lyr is the best of both worlds.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread**