Can i see without removing the pads, really don't trust my DIY skills
Recent Images In This Thread
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 990 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productFiiO E17tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 10/31/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-500tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productPanasonic RP-HTF600-S Step Monitortagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
Related Forum Threads
- Trying to decide: HE400, HE500, HD600 or HD650 + Fiio E17/Fiio E9K Last post on 12/9/13 at 4:35am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HE-500 and FiiO E17 Last post on 1/26/14 at 1:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Apple to Oranges HiFiMan HE-400, HiFiMan HE-500, or Denon AH-D600. What would you go with? Last post on 12/13/13 at 4:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for a good $800~ budget setup. Last post on 2/11/14 at 7:47am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone Signature Pro vs Beyer T70p vs Beyer T5p for rock and metal? Last post on 11/6/12 at 6:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
I bought the TG334 at Fujiya Avic...thanks to AnakChan for the strong recommendation and for going out of the way to take me to Fujiya Avic. Out of the box, the TG334 sounds bass enhanced with the...
This is a review of Logitech/Ultimate Ears UE900s multi-driver in-ear monitors. http://www.ultimateears.com/en-us/900s The original UE900 was my first pair of hi-fi IEMs, the one which opened...
Brainwavz S5 Review: There are questions, and then there are questions that you get asked constantly. One of the most common requests of knowledge from me are on if unit X is better than unit...
I've received Concero HP from Ressonsense Labs for writing review in russian, but I want to share my thoughts with Head-Fi. As usual, I'll be somewhat brief, as I'm not so good in English, but I...
I’d like to thank John Seaber and the folks at JDS Labs for the C5D loaner unit. Accessories The C5D ships with a 1.5 foot USB mini-B cable, a set of four rubber stick-on feet and an...
**Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** - Page 747
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Has anyone used the BIfrost/Gungnir with these?
I currently use HE-400 with Fiio E-17 as DAC using optical and the asgard 1.
I want to upgrade my DAC but i dont know what sort of difference can i expect from those two (considering the price) and also the upcoming schiit DAC Yddgrasil.
Also i get a very anoying pitch from the usb connection to the Fiio E17 (if its charging from the USB), i assume external DACs with their own power supply dosent have this issue, right?
In general you can expect more realism in the soundstaging, and a bit more resolution, along with more clarity. I see it as a necessary step if you want to perfect the sound of your system, but not anything that is necessary to enjoy any headphone that is not ultra hi-end. If I were you, I would have a hard time deciding whether I should upgrade DAC or amp.
From what I recall briefly trying it, it made the HE-400 a hair brighter so I'd say stick with a cable that uses copper like the stock canare. Beyond that, no major differences. FWIW, I prefer OFC/OCC copper on my HE-500, so it depends on personal preference really.
Went and bought the HE-400 from a local dealer yesterday. Running it with velour pads and the silver cable, looks sexy and is a mighty step up from the HE-300. Has some clarity like stats with impact not seen on them, but not quite there yet. I must say that I sorta want to listen to a HE-6 now. This is my first ortho, and man, is it good.
Sure enjoying them! Would adding a Audio-Gd C2C amp to the chain improve them furthermore? Heard they scale pretty well.
Meh...the he400 is one of the easiest orthos to drive. You'll get some improvement with more power but I wouldn't chase it for this headphone. Now the he-4...or the he-6...get all the power you can afford.
- **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread**
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 1 second ago
- › Damping Factor 58 seconds ago
- › Rockbox for iBasso DX90 dual boot with modded FW intl ver 2 (Latest... 1 minute ago
- › Wood IEMs: What do you suggest? 3 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page latest FW download & general... 3 minutes ago
- › Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 4 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 6 minutes ago
- › A practical experiment that shows how damping factor works in... 6 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 6 minutes ago
- › FitEar TO GO! 334 by Francisk
- › Logitech UE 900 by twister6
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by bowei006
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by cleg
- › JDS Labs C5D by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by twister6
- › Shure SE215 by Existence
- › Audiofly AF140 In-Ear Headphones (Gray) by Loquah
- › Brainwavz R3 Dual Dynamic Driver Earphones by hans030390
- › Beats Solo 2.0 On-Ear Headphones (Red) by cb3723
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)