Can i see without removing the pads, really don't trust my DIY skills
Recent Images In This Thread
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 990 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productFiiO E17tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 10/31/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-500tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productPanasonic RP-HTF600-S Step Monitortagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
Related Forum Threads
- Trying to decide: HE400, HE500, HD600 or HD650 + Fiio E17/Fiio E9K Last post on 10/29/13 at 8:22pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HE-500 and FiiO E17 Last post on 11/26/13 at 4:28pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Apple to Oranges HiFiMan HE-400, HiFiMan HE-500, or Denon AH-D600. What would you go with? Last post on 10/29/13 at 8:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for a good $800~ budget setup. Last post on 12/9/12 at 2:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone Signature Pro vs Beyer T70p vs Beyer T5p for rock and metal? Last post on 11/6/12 at 6:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 12/6/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/5/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/28/12
I will first start by declaring that I'm no audiophile, and that this is just a review coming from an average consumer. I know a lot of you will facepalm by my review, but I will post it...
The CAL! 2 is a big improvement over the first version. Creative brands this as a "premium headphone" on the box, but is it? First thing I noticed was the soundstage. It's MUCH better than...
As nicely explained by Victor in his review of the same CIEM, this is the previous flagship model from FitEar. In fact, unless you are married to the emphasised bass of the MH335DW, this would...
First of all, I am not a audiofile with several pairs of $1,000 headphones. I am more of a casual listener but I do like good sound. This is also my first review on head-fi so give me some feedback...
I love these headphones! So comfortable you will forget you're wearing them. My cousin once commented "This is the best bass I've ever heard in a headphone!" While I know there are headphones out...
**Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** - Page 747post #11191 of 150647/5/13 at 12:45am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #11192 of 150647/5/13 at 12:54ampost #11193 of 150647/5/13 at 1:05ampost #11194 of 150647/5/13 at 1:16ampost #11195 of 150647/5/13 at 2:16am
Has anyone used the BIfrost/Gungnir with these?
I currently use HE-400 with Fiio E-17 as DAC using optical and the asgard 1.
I want to upgrade my DAC but i dont know what sort of difference can i expect from those two (considering the price) and also the upcoming schiit DAC Yddgrasil.
Also i get a very anoying pitch from the usb connection to the Fiio E17 (if its charging from the USB), i assume external DACs with their own power supply dosent have this issue, right?post #11196 of 150647/5/13 at 2:59amGoing from the e17 DAC to my new DAC was pretty much around half the upgrade going from e17 amp to my other amplifier if I have to quantify it. Price was the same of both DAC and amp...
In general you can expect more realism in the soundstaging, and a bit more resolution, along with more clarity. I see it as a necessary step if you want to perfect the sound of your system, but not anything that is necessary to enjoy any headphone that is not ultra hi-end. If I were you, I would have a hard time deciding whether I should upgrade DAC or amp.post #11197 of 150647/5/13 at 9:47ampost #11198 of 150647/5/13 at 9:50ampost #11199 of 150647/6/13 at 5:43ampost #11200 of 150647/6/13 at 5:50amThread Starterpost #11201 of 150647/6/13 at 6:25amQuote:
From what I recall briefly trying it, it made the HE-400 a hair brighter so I'd say stick with a cable that uses copper like the stock canare. Beyond that, no major differences. FWIW, I prefer OFC/OCC copper on my HE-500, so it depends on personal preference really.post #11202 of 150647/6/13 at 9:21pm
Went and bought the HE-400 from a local dealer yesterday. Running it with velour pads and the silver cable, looks sexy and is a mighty step up from the HE-300. Has some clarity like stats with impact not seen on them, but not quite there yet. I must say that I sorta want to listen to a HE-6 now. This is my first ortho, and man, is it good.post #11203 of 150647/7/13 at 4:34amThread Starterpost #11204 of 150647/7/13 at 3:32pm
Sure enjoying them! Would adding a Audio-Gd C2C amp to the chain improve them furthermore? Heard they scale pretty well.post #11205 of 150647/7/13 at 3:54pmThread Starter
Meh...the he400 is one of the easiest orthos to drive. You'll get some improvement with more power but I wouldn't chase it for this headphone. Now the he-4...or the he-6...get all the power you can afford.
- **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread**
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Need advice choosing full size set of over ear headphones. I... 12 seconds ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 43 seconds ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Appreciation Thread!! 1 minute ago
- › ~$100-$175 IEMs 1 minute ago
- › Audio Technica ATH - M50 or Sony MDR - 1R? 2 minutes ago
- › Fischer Amps FA-4 E XB: New 4-BA IEM From Germany 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1, the most portable and affordable high resolution DAP from... 3 minutes ago
- › New Beyer DT1350 5 minutes ago
- › E7 with line out 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum by commodent
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by Quaresma
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Kiats
- › Monster iSport LIVESTRONG® In-Ear Headphones by Bassbanger101
- › Sennheiser HD 560 Ovation by Beeferer
- › Philips S2BK/28 Fidelio In-Ear Headsets by Antilochos
- › VSONIC VSD1S by IEMagnet01
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by eightbitpotion
- › NuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone... by jshaffe
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by jshaffe
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi