Can i see without removing the pads, really don't trust my DIY skills
Recent Images In This Thread
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 990 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productFiiO E17tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 10/31/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-500tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productPanasonic RP-HTF600-S Step Monitortagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
Related Forum Threads
- Trying to decide: HE400, HE500, HD600 or HD650 + Fiio E17/Fiio E9K Last post on 12/9/13 at 4:35am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HE-500 and FiiO E17 Last post on 1/26/14 at 1:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Apple to Oranges HiFiMan HE-400, HiFiMan HE-500, or Denon AH-D600. What would you go with? Last post on 12/13/13 at 4:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for a good $800~ budget setup. Last post on 2/11/14 at 7:47am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone Signature Pro vs Beyer T70p vs Beyer T5p for rock and metal? Last post on 11/6/12 at 6:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
Overall Impressions This is a amazingly looking device, it does not matter how you look at it, it is simply a pleasure to look at. That is the first impact that one have once you look at it,...
The Pendulumic Stance S1 is an excellent "bluetooth" headphone. I'm sure there are better sounding "wireless" headphones and at some level believe the category should be divided into wireless and...
First of all, I'd like to thank Cayin for opportunity to review C5. As usual, main review is in Russian, here I'll share mt impressions in brief. There is not so many good portable amps in sub...
Ah, yes. The SE215, quite possibly the most popular entry-level IEM on the market at the moment, and for good reason. These headphones are perfect for any budding audio enthusiast thanks to its...
Shure has definitely outdone themselves with this wonderful product. Never have I experienced more clarity in a pair of IEMs. For someone who listens to alternative rock, pop, and an assorted array...
**Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** - Page 747
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Has anyone used the BIfrost/Gungnir with these?
I currently use HE-400 with Fiio E-17 as DAC using optical and the asgard 1.
I want to upgrade my DAC but i dont know what sort of difference can i expect from those two (considering the price) and also the upcoming schiit DAC Yddgrasil.
Also i get a very anoying pitch from the usb connection to the Fiio E17 (if its charging from the USB), i assume external DACs with their own power supply dosent have this issue, right?
In general you can expect more realism in the soundstaging, and a bit more resolution, along with more clarity. I see it as a necessary step if you want to perfect the sound of your system, but not anything that is necessary to enjoy any headphone that is not ultra hi-end. If I were you, I would have a hard time deciding whether I should upgrade DAC or amp.
From what I recall briefly trying it, it made the HE-400 a hair brighter so I'd say stick with a cable that uses copper like the stock canare. Beyond that, no major differences. FWIW, I prefer OFC/OCC copper on my HE-500, so it depends on personal preference really.
Went and bought the HE-400 from a local dealer yesterday. Running it with velour pads and the silver cable, looks sexy and is a mighty step up from the HE-300. Has some clarity like stats with impact not seen on them, but not quite there yet. I must say that I sorta want to listen to a HE-6 now. This is my first ortho, and man, is it good.
Sure enjoying them! Would adding a Audio-Gd C2C amp to the chain improve them furthermore? Heard they scale pretty well.
Meh...the he400 is one of the easiest orthos to drive. You'll get some improvement with more power but I wouldn't chase it for this headphone. Now the he-4...or the he-6...get all the power you can afford.
- **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread**
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 8 seconds ago
- › iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Audio Quality 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 1 minute ago
- › Help needed to choose a new pair of headphones??? 4 minutes ago
- › HiFiMan RE-600 Review 4 minutes ago
- › The NEW Cayin C5 portable power house. 4 minutes ago
- › Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion... 6 minutes ago
- › FS:Schiit Lyr [230V EU] + Extra tubes (Price drop) 6 minutes ago
- › NEW! SONY NWZ-A10 Series Walkman. Micro SD Card Slot! 7 minutes ago
- › JDS Labs C5D may be the king of Portable AMP/DACs in its price point. 7 minutes ago
- › Sony PHA-1 Headphone Amp by LeoTheAwesome
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1 Wireless Headphones by mpm2433
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by cleg
- › Shure SE215 by Dinerenblanc
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by Dinerenblanc
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)