Can i see without removing the pads, really don't trust my DIY skills
Recent Images In This Thread
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 990 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productFiiO E17tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 10/31/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-500tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productPanasonic RP-HTF600-S Step Monitortagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
Related Forum Threads
- Trying to decide: HE400, HE500, HD600 or HD650 + Fiio E17/Fiio E9K Last post on 12/9/13 at 4:35am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HE-500 and FiiO E17 Last post on 1/26/14 at 1:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Apple to Oranges HiFiMan HE-400, HiFiMan HE-500, or Denon AH-D600. What would you go with? Last post on 12/13/13 at 4:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for a good $800~ budget setup. Last post on 2/11/14 at 7:47am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone Signature Pro vs Beyer T70p vs Beyer T5p for rock and metal? Last post on 11/6/12 at 6:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: Yesterday
I only read about them. I never tried them on. I never heard them. That's not something one normally does when parting with several hundred dollars or more for headphones. But, what I had read...
Want to preface this by presenting this picture, I'm not a TROLL or a A-Hole, I just like to mock the fu** out of headphones I dislike. This time its time for the "Fehlerhaft...
So I have essentially re-p[purchased a pair of K702s, in as much as I previously owned and sold a pair of K701s I had got rid of the K701s because I just wasn't using them much, due to the fact...
In two words, hugely disappointing. I was looking for an open-back 'phone to use as an alternative to my AKG 550s and having owned Sennheiser HD 600s and AKG K701s previously, I thought I give...
Thinksound is a company that’s focussed on sustainable and environmentally conscious headphones. In fact, they even offer a recycling program for headphones with a bonus if you recycle their...
**Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** - Page 747
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Has anyone used the BIfrost/Gungnir with these?
I currently use HE-400 with Fiio E-17 as DAC using optical and the asgard 1.
I want to upgrade my DAC but i dont know what sort of difference can i expect from those two (considering the price) and also the upcoming schiit DAC Yddgrasil.
Also i get a very anoying pitch from the usb connection to the Fiio E17 (if its charging from the USB), i assume external DACs with their own power supply dosent have this issue, right?
In general you can expect more realism in the soundstaging, and a bit more resolution, along with more clarity. I see it as a necessary step if you want to perfect the sound of your system, but not anything that is necessary to enjoy any headphone that is not ultra hi-end. If I were you, I would have a hard time deciding whether I should upgrade DAC or amp.
From what I recall briefly trying it, it made the HE-400 a hair brighter so I'd say stick with a cable that uses copper like the stock canare. Beyond that, no major differences. FWIW, I prefer OFC/OCC copper on my HE-500, so it depends on personal preference really.
Went and bought the HE-400 from a local dealer yesterday. Running it with velour pads and the silver cable, looks sexy and is a mighty step up from the HE-300. Has some clarity like stats with impact not seen on them, but not quite there yet. I must say that I sorta want to listen to a HE-6 now. This is my first ortho, and man, is it good.
Sure enjoying them! Would adding a Audio-Gd C2C amp to the chain improve them furthermore? Heard they scale pretty well.
Meh...the he400 is one of the easiest orthos to drive. You'll get some improvement with more power but I wouldn't chase it for this headphone. Now the he-4...or the he-6...get all the power you can afford.
- **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread**
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 8 seconds ago
- › FALL INTO SAVINGS: Cardas, Reflektor, Vinyl Flat ... 52 seconds ago
- › The Opamp thread 1 minute ago
- › Metrum NOS Hex Flagship DAC 1 minute ago
- › JVC HA-MR77X top of the line JVC x series 2 minutes ago
- › how does Analog music sound differently from Digital music? 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Valhalla has been shipped......reviews, impressions and... 2 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 3 minutes ago
- › New Audio Technica Limited Edition Woodies: ATH-ESW9LTD!! 4 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0 4 minutes ago
- › Grado Statement Series GS1000i Headphones by SoundApprentice
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by MrTechAgent
- › AKG K 702 Headphones by twelvebears
- › Beyerdynamic T90 Premium Stereo Headphone by twelvebears
- › thinksound on1 Supra-Aural On-Ear Monitor Wooden Headphone by Loquah
- › Brainwavz AP001 Portable Headphone Amplifier by earfonia
- › CEntrance HiFi-M8 by CasperBxl
- › DITA Audio The Answer by twister6
- › Questyle CMA800i - integrated DAC, headphone amp, and preamp by project86
- › InEar StageDiver SD-3 by Krisman
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)