Hm just got an email that my unit was received and checked in, and the replacement is gonna be shipped.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 990 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productFiiO E17tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 10/31/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-500tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productPanasonic RP-HTF600-S Step Monitortagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
Related Forum Threads
- Trying to decide: HE400, HE500, HD600 or HD650 + Fiio E17/Fiio E9K Last post on 12/9/13 at 4:35am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HE-500 and FiiO E17 Last post on 1/26/14 at 1:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Apple to Oranges HiFiMan HE-400, HiFiMan HE-500, or Denon AH-D600. What would you go with? Last post on 12/13/13 at 4:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for a good $800~ budget setup. Last post on 2/11/14 at 7:47am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone Signature Pro vs Beyer T70p vs Beyer T5p for rock and metal? Last post on 11/6/12 at 6:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/10/13
First impressions When I first tried these headphones out of the box, I was a little disappointed at how the higher frequencies seemed to be more forward than the mids and bass. It wouldn't...
I was on the hunt for a well-made copper cable to complement my stock and third party cables for my Fitear IEMs when I came across Forza Audioworks. Good quality wire, ergonomics and aesthetics...
The best phones I've tried so far. I tried some well-burnt-in beyerdynamic and others in similar price range in a store, and I have owned the 601 before. I also own closed cans, e.g. the K271, and...
First of all, a big THANK YOU to @svyr and @H20Fidelity for organising this Australian tour. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be included in this...
For several years now, Astrotec has been a name familiar to enthusiasts as a manufacturer of value-conscious, yet quality-engineered, balanced armature IEMs. This past year, they began shifting...
**Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** - Page 72post #1066 of 1702410/15/12 at 9:39pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1067 of 1702410/15/12 at 11:20pmQuote:
Nice I'm sending mine out tomorrow now that I have all my info.post #1068 of 1702410/16/12 at 1:08amQuote:Originally Posted by yokken
They just talk about their customers' happiness being important to them, but they only pick up/process the defective headphones every other day? That's only twice a week on Ms. T's schedule... unacceptable, in my opinion. They should be busting their asses to get us our new headphones. But I guess that's too much to ask of a company that's had 4 revisions of a headphone in less than a year.
I can understand the frustration in the bit of extra time involved with waiting on this part of the process. I've been in that position before. However, we're talking 30 miles in New York city traffic @ twice per week. It's not like a ride out on the open road, where one can't accomplish the task in 25 minutes (each way).
Again, we're talking about New York city. Moving closer to work by 30 miles might mean having a house that costs $550,00 vs. buying an apartment or co-op near work that could cost near $1,000,000.
Now, I'm not trying to make up excuses for HifiMAN, but just trying to add a bit of perspective into the situation. I do hope everyone gets their headphones in a timely manner. Yet, more than a few of us have realized it is about a 3-week process. However, once the headphones get sent from Hong Kong, the trip is pretty quick. Once they go through Alaska (mine did), I had them within two days.post #1069 of 1702410/16/12 at 1:45ampost #1070 of 1702410/16/12 at 2:30amQuote:
Sennheiser on low-end amp would be likepost #1071 of 1702410/16/12 at 4:24ampost #1072 of 1702410/16/12 at 5:06am
Cool. Now you've identified the problem, fix it.
I'm as bad as anyone for impatient frothing, but customers are (as a rule) entitled enough and there seems to be a big attitude of "given an inch, taking a mile" when it comes to service. Unexpected things happen, especially with new companies and products, and good service isn't bending over backwards because they owe you every second of lost time; it's communicating effectively, processing your issue and fixing the issue in a timely manner, which they've gotten two out of three on already (fingers crossed for the third)
Consider that a lot of mobs wouldn't offer a "live" service rep and would likely not deign to tell you what they were going to do and when, and that if you complained about delays, would simply feed you a line about "postal service delays".
I guess where I'm really coming from is that I see a relatively young company doing a LOT of things right, even when issues arise, and I think it's important to realise that while it would be nice for all problems to fall on their doorstep, sometimes customers simply have to accept a little bad luck occasionally. (I giggled a little at the Schiit Happens logo below the post window... oddly appropriate)post #1073 of 1702410/16/12 at 6:24am
I got my HE-400's today! And to confirm, only one set of velour pads, which I payed the extra $10 for.
First thing I listened to was Porcupine Tree, and I don't think I like this as much as on my RS1i. The treble just doesn't sing like it does for me with those babies. But the bass response is delightful. So good for an open headphone. I started digging through some of the orchestral music I originally wanted a better bass response than the RS1i's for, and the HE-400 is everything I wanted for that, and more. I absolutely love these headphones already, and that's only running them out of a Little Dot 1+...post #1074 of 1702410/16/12 at 9:15am
So my local dealer has them in stock, but i don´t know which revision. I know i have to remove the earpads to see the color of the plastic to tell the difference between rev 2 and 3 (is there another way?) but how to identify rev 1?post #1075 of 1702410/16/12 at 9:18ampost #1076 of 1702410/16/12 at 9:51amQuote:
"is there another way"
Yeah, remove the back grills. Arguably it's easier than removing and reinstalling the pads but some might beg to differ.post #1077 of 1702410/16/12 at 1:44pmpost #1078 of 1702410/16/12 at 2:09pmThread Starterpost #1079 of 1702410/16/12 at 2:42pm
My sympathy to all the people waiting to get their HE400's back. By pure luck I received the rev 2 just prior to 9/10. So far after about 5 weeks my phones are still working fine. I'm listening to the 24 bit Beatles Abbey Road, man these phones rock. Same album at work on my Senns 595. No comparison they are that much better. I have never tried any other Ortho's out as I am no where near a major city. Are these phones comparable to any other Ortho's out? How much better are the LCD 2?post #1080 of 1702410/16/12 at 3:45pmQuote:
I ordered mine about a day or two after the recall notice (when I knew they wouldn't be shipping me r3). I got them last night (in Australia)...
- **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread**
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 24 seconds ago
- › REVIEW: Ostry KC06 54 seconds ago
- › The (new) HD800 Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › ROCK JAW - UK Engineered in-ears and over ear. Hello to one and all 1 minute ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Appreciation Thread!! 2 minutes ago
- › New Sony high-end DSD gear, including a USB DAC 3 minutes ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . dual Sabre ES9018K2M dacs . . please post... 3 minutes ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 4 minutes ago
- › Unique Melody Miracle Review & Appreciation Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 580 by achelgeson
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by Flizz
- › Forza Audioworks Copper Series Cable by awry
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by unshavenbastard
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by djvkool
- › Astrotec AX-30 by bowei006
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by Ultramus
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Skullcandy Fix In Ear Headphone With 3 Button Remote - White / Chrome by killeraxemannic
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob