Hm just got an email that my unit was received and checked in, and the replacement is gonna be shipped.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 990 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productFiiO E17tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 10/31/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-500tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productPanasonic RP-HTF600-S Step Monitortagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
Related Forum Threads
- Trying to decide: HE400, HE500, HD600 or HD650 + Fiio E17/Fiio E9K Last post on 12/9/13 at 4:35am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HE-500 and FiiO E17 Last post on 1/26/14 at 1:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Apple to Oranges HiFiMan HE-400, HiFiMan HE-500, or Denon AH-D600. What would you go with? Last post on 12/13/13 at 4:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for a good $800~ budget setup. Last post on 2/11/14 at 7:47am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone Signature Pro vs Beyer T70p vs Beyer T5p for rock and metal? Last post on 11/6/12 at 6:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
There aren't many sub-$10 IEMs in the market. With all the recent budget IEMs being priced at around $50, it leaves very little choice for people who are looking for a very cheap IEM. As far as I...
Since I was among the early adopters of this updated 2.0 version of R3, I already posted a detailed review with pictures in the original R3 review thread. Therefore, I'm just going to provide a...
Im probably like you right now, I was once reading reviews a bunch of comments, watching a bunch of videos of what to purchase... and everyone kept suggesting the ATH-M50x, so in a frantic search...
First I'd like to thank Brainwavz for the opportunity to review these. As others did, I received a review pair to keep. It was a very generous gesture. Plenty of people have already posted all the...
Comply foam tip should need no introduction at this point, as it has become a norm for many brand name IEM to include a pair of them. But what we are talking here is something new – or should I say...
**Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** - Page 72
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Nice I'm sending mine out tomorrow now that I have all my info.
They just talk about their customers' happiness being important to them, but they only pick up/process the defective headphones every other day? That's only twice a week on Ms. T's schedule... unacceptable, in my opinion. They should be busting their asses to get us our new headphones. But I guess that's too much to ask of a company that's had 4 revisions of a headphone in less than a year.
I can understand the frustration in the bit of extra time involved with waiting on this part of the process. I've been in that position before. However, we're talking 30 miles in New York city traffic @ twice per week. It's not like a ride out on the open road, where one can't accomplish the task in 25 minutes (each way).
Again, we're talking about New York city. Moving closer to work by 30 miles might mean having a house that costs $550,00 vs. buying an apartment or co-op near work that could cost near $1,000,000.
Now, I'm not trying to make up excuses for HifiMAN, but just trying to add a bit of perspective into the situation. I do hope everyone gets their headphones in a timely manner. Yet, more than a few of us have realized it is about a 3-week process. However, once the headphones get sent from Hong Kong, the trip is pretty quick. Once they go through Alaska (mine did), I had them within two days.
Sennheiser on low-end amp would be like
Cool. Now you've identified the problem, fix it.
I'm as bad as anyone for impatient frothing, but customers are (as a rule) entitled enough and there seems to be a big attitude of "given an inch, taking a mile" when it comes to service. Unexpected things happen, especially with new companies and products, and good service isn't bending over backwards because they owe you every second of lost time; it's communicating effectively, processing your issue and fixing the issue in a timely manner, which they've gotten two out of three on already (fingers crossed for the third)
Consider that a lot of mobs wouldn't offer a "live" service rep and would likely not deign to tell you what they were going to do and when, and that if you complained about delays, would simply feed you a line about "postal service delays".
I guess where I'm really coming from is that I see a relatively young company doing a LOT of things right, even when issues arise, and I think it's important to realise that while it would be nice for all problems to fall on their doorstep, sometimes customers simply have to accept a little bad luck occasionally. (I giggled a little at the Schiit Happens logo below the post window... oddly appropriate)
I got my HE-400's today! And to confirm, only one set of velour pads, which I payed the extra $10 for.
First thing I listened to was Porcupine Tree, and I don't think I like this as much as on my RS1i. The treble just doesn't sing like it does for me with those babies. But the bass response is delightful. So good for an open headphone. I started digging through some of the orchestral music I originally wanted a better bass response than the RS1i's for, and the HE-400 is everything I wanted for that, and more. I absolutely love these headphones already, and that's only running them out of a Little Dot 1+...
So my local dealer has them in stock, but i don´t know which revision. I know i have to remove the earpads to see the color of the plastic to tell the difference between rev 2 and 3 (is there another way?) but how to identify rev 1?
"is there another way"
Yeah, remove the back grills. Arguably it's easier than removing and reinstalling the pads but some might beg to differ.
My sympathy to all the people waiting to get their HE400's back. By pure luck I received the rev 2 just prior to 9/10. So far after about 5 weeks my phones are still working fine. I'm listening to the 24 bit Beatles Abbey Road, man these phones rock. Same album at work on my Senns 595. No comparison they are that much better. I have never tried any other Ortho's out as I am no where near a major city. Are these phones comparable to any other Ortho's out? How much better are the LCD 2?
I ordered mine about a day or two after the recall notice (when I knew they wouldn't be shipping me r3). I got them last night (in Australia)...
- **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread**
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 27 seconds ago
- › GAS? 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 3 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 3 minutes ago
- › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage 3 minutes ago
- › THE ACOUSTIC MUSIC THREAD 4 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 5 minutes ago
- › FS: New Rhapsodio Westone 6-core Mono Crystal Copper IEM cable... 6 minutes ago
- › What´s the best value Bluetooth Portable Speaker to use with an... 6 minutes ago
- › The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz) 7 minutes ago
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by twister6
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Kamakahah
- › Comply Custom Wraps by ClieOS
- › Bowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile Headphones by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by DwightLooi
- › FIDUE A81 In-Ear Noise Isolating Earphones Heaphones with High-End... by Brooko
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by monitorlove
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by ballbarn
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)