I don't see any imperfections, they look as good as stock paint-wise.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 990 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productFiiO E17tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 10/31/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-500tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productPanasonic RP-HTF600-S Step Monitortagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
Related Forum Threads
- Trying to decide: HE400, HE500, HD600 or HD650 + Fiio E17/Fiio E9K Last post on 12/9/13 at 4:35am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HE-500 and FiiO E17 Last post on 11/26/13 at 4:28pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Apple to Oranges HiFiMan HE-400, HiFiMan HE-500, or Denon AH-D600. What would you go with? Last post on 12/13/13 at 4:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for a good $800~ budget setup. Last post on 12/9/12 at 2:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone Signature Pro vs Beyer T70p vs Beyer T5p for rock and metal? Last post on 11/6/12 at 6:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 12/16/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/5/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/10/13
Intro This was my first real pair of headphones, and they satisfied me for two years. So it is only fitting that my first headphone review be on these awesome headphones. The HD598s are a great...
Introduction First I want to start with an "I'm sorry" because I took so long to write this and to top it off, I feel as if the review was a "waste of time" because, well, I don't see it as very...
This is a review of the Noble 8c, an eight drivers 4 ways ciems. You could check the specs on the noble web site. Please be kind in your critics, as this is my first review ever, and that English...
Porta Pros simply made the biggest difference for me when listening to music as I have switched from some low-end sony in-ear to them and suddenly when playing the same song music became more rich...
From the moment Charles told me about the new project that he was working on, “Project Palaios”, I was intrigued. A wooden amp? That’s certainly not what you hear everyday and from the pictures...
**Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** - Page 691post #10351 of 153765/4/13 at 12:29am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #10352 of 153765/4/13 at 10:33ampost #10353 of 153765/5/13 at 5:19amQuote:Originally Posted by ninjames
Here's some more pics of the pink HE-300 next to the HE-400. Sorry about the quality, finally fully back from my vacation and all of that. Am painting the HE-400 very soon, going with either a nice matte black or gold flake. Leaning toward matte black. As far as the HE-300 goes, we're going to tackle it again to fix some of the imperfections in it which you can probably see in the picture.
Did you use acrylic enamel paint on them plus a lacquer seal ? Any base coat ? I was going to tackle a pair of Fostex at some point.post #10354 of 153765/5/13 at 5:30amThe only imperfections I see is that the color isn't 100% straight. Though that can be taken as a joke, I mean that some areas are a bit less pink than others.
Like where the Hifiman logo is supposed to be. It turns less pink at the top.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 5/5/13 at 5:31ampost #10355 of 153765/5/13 at 6:47amQuote:
That may just be the camera? Smartphone cameras tend to do that.post #10356 of 153765/5/13 at 1:43pmpost #10357 of 153765/5/13 at 1:46pmpost #10358 of 153765/5/13 at 1:49pm
i buttoned up two buttons on each side of my headband pad, just for aesthetics. even if it scrunches a bit, wahtevs. those last middle two though, no friggin way
I think I put velour on when I miss my senny hd595 sound sig but with that planar boost.
it has been a WHILE.
so 2012, haha.
dont wanna go too off topic, but should i get re-400's? cx-380s are my daily driver IEM's got them for like $30 years ago.
is there same refund policy with hifiman direct?
oh and because I prefer velour material, I will pay anyone who makes nice velour-Jergpads for a pair. my pleather Jergpads are pitifully built. PM me if interested.
Edited by earphiler - 5/5/13 at 1:52pmpost #10359 of 153765/5/13 at 1:51pmpost #10360 of 153765/5/13 at 1:59pmpost #10361 of 153765/5/13 at 3:28pmpost #10362 of 153765/5/13 at 3:48pmpost #10363 of 153765/5/13 at 4:01pm
Does anyone know if the pads on the he 400 and the he 500 are the same? I want to try my hand at making some jerg pads. If it goes well I might consider making some to sell.post #10364 of 153765/5/13 at 4:04pmQuote:
I initially modded the pads for my own enjoyment, be thankful that I even bothered to write up a guide for you guyspost #10365 of 153765/5/13 at 4:05pmQuote:
- **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread**
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 31 seconds ago
- › DX50 Bug List, Wish List Fix 45 seconds ago
- › AUDEZE LCD XC 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › NAD Viso HP50 : Another superb headphone from Paul Barton? 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 preview world tour--application 20-26 December 2013 4 minutes ago
- › Good headphones for rock music, $200-$300 ? 5 minutes ago
- › Westone ES50, A Make-over of Westone's Flagship Custom IEM 7 minutes ago
- › [REVIEW] Sony MW1 - Smart Wireless Headset pro 7 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 8 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by davisman
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by gelocks
- › Noble Audio 8C by John0405
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by cipurian
- › Project Palaios: Iona by lin0003
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by getclikinagas
- › JAYS T00093 a-JAYS Five Earphones for Android - Black by mark2410
- › Beats Pro Over-Ear Headphone (White) by DigitalGrounder
- › AMB Laboratories γ2 (Gamma2) by JustinBieber
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by kmaenpaa
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe