I don't see any imperfections, they look as good as stock paint-wise.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 990 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productFiiO E17tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 10/31/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-500tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productPanasonic RP-HTF600-S Step Monitortagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
Related Forum Threads
- Trying to decide: HE400, HE500, HD600 or HD650 + Fiio E17/Fiio E9K Last post on 12/9/13 at 4:35am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HE-500 and FiiO E17 Last post on 1/26/14 at 1:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Apple to Oranges HiFiMan HE-400, HiFiMan HE-500, or Denon AH-D600. What would you go with? Last post on 12/13/13 at 4:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for a good $800~ budget setup. Last post on 2/11/14 at 7:47am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone Signature Pro vs Beyer T70p vs Beyer T5p for rock and metal? Last post on 11/6/12 at 6:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/10/13
**Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** - Page 691post #10351 of 170475/4/13 at 12:29am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #10352 of 170475/4/13 at 10:33ampost #10353 of 170475/5/13 at 5:19amQuote:Originally Posted by ninjames
Here's some more pics of the pink HE-300 next to the HE-400. Sorry about the quality, finally fully back from my vacation and all of that. Am painting the HE-400 very soon, going with either a nice matte black or gold flake. Leaning toward matte black. As far as the HE-300 goes, we're going to tackle it again to fix some of the imperfections in it which you can probably see in the picture.
Did you use acrylic enamel paint on them plus a lacquer seal ? Any base coat ? I was going to tackle a pair of Fostex at some point.post #10354 of 170475/5/13 at 5:30amThe only imperfections I see is that the color isn't 100% straight. Though that can be taken as a joke, I mean that some areas are a bit less pink than others.
Like where the Hifiman logo is supposed to be. It turns less pink at the top.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 5/5/13 at 5:31ampost #10355 of 170475/5/13 at 6:47amQuote:
That may just be the camera? Smartphone cameras tend to do that.post #10356 of 170475/5/13 at 1:43pmpost #10357 of 170475/5/13 at 1:46pmpost #10358 of 170475/5/13 at 1:49pm
i buttoned up two buttons on each side of my headband pad, just for aesthetics. even if it scrunches a bit, wahtevs. those last middle two though, no friggin way
I think I put velour on when I miss my senny hd595 sound sig but with that planar boost.
it has been a WHILE.
so 2012, haha.
dont wanna go too off topic, but should i get re-400's? cx-380s are my daily driver IEM's got them for like $30 years ago.
is there same refund policy with hifiman direct?
oh and because I prefer velour material, I will pay anyone who makes nice velour-Jergpads for a pair. my pleather Jergpads are pitifully built. PM me if interested.
Edited by earphiler - 5/5/13 at 1:52pmpost #10359 of 170475/5/13 at 1:51pmpost #10360 of 170475/5/13 at 1:59pmpost #10361 of 170475/5/13 at 3:28pmpost #10362 of 170475/5/13 at 3:48pmpost #10363 of 170475/5/13 at 4:01pm
Does anyone know if the pads on the he 400 and the he 500 are the same? I want to try my hand at making some jerg pads. If it goes well I might consider making some to sell.post #10364 of 170475/5/13 at 4:04pmQuote:
I initially modded the pads for my own enjoyment, be thankful that I even bothered to write up a guide for you guyspost #10365 of 170475/5/13 at 4:05pmQuote:
- **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread**
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Light Harmonic GEEK 22 seconds ago
- › Help me choose a headset 29 seconds ago
- › Chord Hugo 1 minute ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 1 minute ago
- › Pics of Headphones... Rules: ONE PIC. NO WORDS! 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › [REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret 4 minutes ago
- › I have a great opportunity to purchase ear phones at a steep... 5 minutes ago
- › iDSD micro Crowd-Design. LATEST Specifications just added.... 5 minutes ago
- › DNA Stratus. EML 2A3 Mesh. EML 5U4G. Shipping US or Pickup Chicago. 7 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Shure SE215 by squallkiercosa
- › Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie... by squallkiercosa
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob