I don't see any imperfections, they look as good as stock paint-wise.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 990 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productFiiO E17tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 10/31/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-500tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productPanasonic RP-HTF600-S Step Monitortagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
Related Forum Threads
- Trying to decide: HE400, HE500, HD600 or HD650 + Fiio E17/Fiio E9K Last post on 12/9/13 at 4:35am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HE-500 and FiiO E17 Last post on 1/26/14 at 1:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Apple to Oranges HiFiMan HE-400, HiFiMan HE-500, or Denon AH-D600. What would you go with? Last post on 12/13/13 at 4:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for a good $800~ budget setup. Last post on 2/11/14 at 7:47am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone Signature Pro vs Beyer T70p vs Beyer T5p for rock and metal? Last post on 11/6/12 at 6:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
I am one of the lucky ones to get a chance to be reviewer in the HE-400i "tour". HiFiMAN has intrigued me since the start of my Head-Fi journey. The HE-400 was the first headphone I purchased...
Note: Much of this comes from a review I wrote and posted elsewhere a month or so ago, but with some editing and organizational tweaks. I have wanted to do a full Alpha Dog review for a while,...
I have owned this headphone for 2 years and it never disappointed me. The sound quality is no need to discuss as its sound signature has been discussed multiple times in TH900 thread. This...
Excelllent headphones, coming after ss 9h headset, senn's 429 558 598 and i love these most, i differentiate details better in vocals now, i can say if vocalist is blowing into microphone while...
published on September 22, 2014 (click any photo in this review for a larger version) Intro I first heard about Garage1217's Project Polaris (just "Polaris" from here on out, for the...
**Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** - Page 691
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Here's some more pics of the pink HE-300 next to the HE-400. Sorry about the quality, finally fully back from my vacation and all of that. Am painting the HE-400 very soon, going with either a nice matte black or gold flake. Leaning toward matte black. As far as the HE-300 goes, we're going to tackle it again to fix some of the imperfections in it which you can probably see in the picture.
Did you use acrylic enamel paint on them plus a lacquer seal ? Any base coat ? I was going to tackle a pair of Fostex at some point.
Like where the Hifiman logo is supposed to be. It turns less pink at the top.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 5/5/13 at 5:31am
That may just be the camera? Smartphone cameras tend to do that.
i buttoned up two buttons on each side of my headband pad, just for aesthetics. even if it scrunches a bit, wahtevs. those last middle two though, no friggin way
I think I put velour on when I miss my senny hd595 sound sig but with that planar boost.
it has been a WHILE.
so 2012, haha.
dont wanna go too off topic, but should i get re-400's? cx-380s are my daily driver IEM's got them for like $30 years ago.
is there same refund policy with hifiman direct?
oh and because I prefer velour material, I will pay anyone who makes nice velour-Jergpads for a pair. my pleather Jergpads are pitifully built. PM me if interested.
Edited by earphiler - 5/5/13 at 1:52pm
Does anyone know if the pads on the he 400 and the he 500 are the same? I want to try my hand at making some jerg pads. If it goes well I might consider making some to sell.
I initially modded the pads for my own enjoyment, be thankful that I even bothered to write up a guide for you guys
- **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread**
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Music Game IX 28 seconds ago
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 40 seconds ago
- › New interesting dac/headphone amp : SOtM sHP-100 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 2 minutes ago
- › What's Your Alcoholic Drink of Choice? // Drink Discussion 3 minutes ago
- › High-End Earbuds (Dasetn, Tingo, Blox, Yuin etc) and Earbud Gear... 3 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 4 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i ***Canada*** 4 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0 4 minutes ago
- › beyerdynamic T5p: Photos and first impressions. 4 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by smellyfungus
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by hans030390
- › Fostex TH 900 by archeryc
- › AKG K 550 by Ufasas
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by razor5cl
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)