I don't see any imperfections, they look as good as stock paint-wise.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 990 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productFiiO E17tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 10/31/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-500tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productPanasonic RP-HTF600-S Step Monitortagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
Related Forum Threads
- Trying to decide: HE400, HE500, HD600 or HD650 + Fiio E17/Fiio E9K Last post on 12/9/13 at 4:35am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HE-500 and FiiO E17 Last post on 1/26/14 at 1:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Apple to Oranges HiFiMan HE-400, HiFiMan HE-500, or Denon AH-D600. What would you go with? Last post on 12/13/13 at 4:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for a good $800~ budget setup. Last post on 2/11/14 at 7:47am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone Signature Pro vs Beyer T70p vs Beyer T5p for rock and metal? Last post on 11/6/12 at 6:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/10/13
I have the real version 2.0, not 2.1 (with the clip). Build/Design: I didn't like the provided tips, used the small Sennheiser tips: http://www.ebay.com/itm/110976313070 - much...
I purchased the Audio Technica ESW9a. These have African Paduak shells rather than the cherry of the Japanese release. The ESW9a is made in Japan. Physical: First, these are most...
Build Quality & Design The build quality on these isn't so good in the long run, the entire headphone is mostly constructed out of plastic the only metal part on these cans would be the earcups,...
First off my gear is HeadRoom Micro DAC and Amp.(I don't see how people get by without the crossfeed circuit on older rock recordings) Out of the rather cheap box the high-end was brittle and harsh...
Note: All of my listening impressions of the Stax SR-202 were done with a Stax SRM-313 amplifier, which was hooked up to an AMB y2 DAC via the RCA input with SKW JIB braided interconnects. For the...
**Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** - Page 691post #10351 of 167665/4/13 at 12:29am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #10352 of 167665/4/13 at 10:33ampost #10353 of 167665/5/13 at 5:19amQuote:Originally Posted by ninjames
Here's some more pics of the pink HE-300 next to the HE-400. Sorry about the quality, finally fully back from my vacation and all of that. Am painting the HE-400 very soon, going with either a nice matte black or gold flake. Leaning toward matte black. As far as the HE-300 goes, we're going to tackle it again to fix some of the imperfections in it which you can probably see in the picture.
Did you use acrylic enamel paint on them plus a lacquer seal ? Any base coat ? I was going to tackle a pair of Fostex at some point.post #10354 of 167665/5/13 at 5:30amThe only imperfections I see is that the color isn't 100% straight. Though that can be taken as a joke, I mean that some areas are a bit less pink than others.
Like where the Hifiman logo is supposed to be. It turns less pink at the top.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 5/5/13 at 5:31ampost #10355 of 167665/5/13 at 6:47amQuote:
That may just be the camera? Smartphone cameras tend to do that.post #10356 of 167665/5/13 at 1:43pmpost #10357 of 167665/5/13 at 1:46pmpost #10358 of 167665/5/13 at 1:49pm
i buttoned up two buttons on each side of my headband pad, just for aesthetics. even if it scrunches a bit, wahtevs. those last middle two though, no friggin way
I think I put velour on when I miss my senny hd595 sound sig but with that planar boost.
it has been a WHILE.
so 2012, haha.
dont wanna go too off topic, but should i get re-400's? cx-380s are my daily driver IEM's got them for like $30 years ago.
is there same refund policy with hifiman direct?
oh and because I prefer velour material, I will pay anyone who makes nice velour-Jergpads for a pair. my pleather Jergpads are pitifully built. PM me if interested.
Edited by earphiler - 5/5/13 at 1:52pmpost #10359 of 167665/5/13 at 1:51pmpost #10360 of 167665/5/13 at 1:59pmpost #10361 of 167665/5/13 at 3:28pmpost #10362 of 167665/5/13 at 3:48pmpost #10363 of 167665/5/13 at 4:01pm
Does anyone know if the pads on the he 400 and the he 500 are the same? I want to try my hand at making some jerg pads. If it goes well I might consider making some to sell.post #10364 of 167665/5/13 at 4:04pmQuote:
I initially modded the pads for my own enjoyment, be thankful that I even bothered to write up a guide for you guyspost #10365 of 167665/5/13 at 4:05pmQuote:
- **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread**
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for... 3 seconds ago
- › Chord Hugo 4 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 56 seconds ago
- › FS Pico Slim (black) 1 minute ago
- › Official/ New York Spring Meet Sat April 5 2014 2 minutes ago
- › Ipod classic - rockbox - its happening. 2 minutes ago
- › Resonessence Labs Concero discussion/review thead 2 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Night Time Shots Of Our Tubes Glowing -- Post Them Here!! 2 minutes ago
- › Audio-GD NFB-11.32 (Delivery & Impression Thread)!!! 2 minutes ago
- › Xiaomi Pistons 2.0 MK301 by BenF
- › Audio-Technica ATH-ESW9 Sovereign Wood Headphones by bjmr
- › Sony X Headphones MDR-X10 by DigitalGrounder
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by chrismini
- › Stax SR-202 by JustinBieber
- › AKG K 518 LE Limited Edition Folding Headphones - Red by kalpman
- › Sennheiser CX 685 SPORTS In-Ear Canal Headphones - Black by wrathzombie
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by Head-Head
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by G2F
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude