Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Great Portable/Desktop Amp and DAC/SoundCard for Sennheiser HD 558s Last post on 12/29/13 at 12:30pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Finally asking for help. Last post on 11/17/13 at 11:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Amp for around $100? Last post on 6/29/13 at 6:40pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- V-Moda M-80 vs Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro Last post on 12/27/12 at 1:08am in Headphones (full-size)
- Amping Beyerdynamic Custom One Pros? Last post on 12/4/12 at 3:02pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The new S5 from Brainwavz will certainly please most casual listeners. It's sleek design, tangle-proof flat capable, and pop-ready sound signature certainly justify it's price - not to mention...
Fist of all, this is my first ever review,and English is not my native language, so please, have some understanding . I bought these headphones 9 months ago, they were my first "quality"...
Hi All, I have done a video review of Hifiman HM901. Thanks for watching :)
You can pay more for a dac alone and not do as well as the 105. You can buy a blue ray player for more and not do as well. Ditto for cd, sacd, and/or DVD players. Its audio preamps are as good as...
SO, lets get on to it. The MTPC's are a pair of IEM's that are in a very akward position. It is quite pricy and rejected by the "purist audiophiles" that dislike the brand of Monster, due to...
Beyerdynamic Custom Ones! New Beyer headphones! - Page 4post #46 of 9588/17/12 at 4:36am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #47 of 9588/17/12 at 4:51ampost #48 of 9588/17/12 at 5:04ampost #49 of 9588/17/12 at 6:25ampost #50 of 9588/17/12 at 11:09am
I find the choice of 16 ohm drivers interesting. I wonder why not go with one of their more established drivers? (such as from the DT7/8/9 series or one of the tesla drivers)
Hmm, I wonder if I could order just a shell so I can transplant some ortho drivers into itpost #51 of 9588/17/12 at 7:25pmQuote:
I don't like the idea of AIO stuff, so not expecting much from this. Unless it can surprise me
How about the T50RP? Will that fit? If it does, consider this as a mod!post #52 of 9588/17/12 at 8:37pmpost #53 of 9588/20/12 at 7:24ampost #54 of 9588/20/12 at 7:38amThread Starterpost #55 of 9588/20/12 at 8:22ampost #56 of 9588/20/12 at 12:35pm
Let me know how they sound. I was about to purchase the DT770 Pro 80 when Pete at Beyerdynamic told me these were coming out next week. I would prefer to avoid buying an amp (although I hear the Pro 80s don't technically require them but an amp is still preferred).
The DT770 Pro 80 can be gotten fairly cheap right now $150. Pete said the base Custom One would be $200 (the velour pads would be $35 extra and that comes standard on the 770).
How is their fit? I hear they are supposed to fit similar to the DT880, and not the DT770.post #57 of 9588/21/12 at 5:20ampost #58 of 9588/24/12 at 9:16ampost #59 of 9588/29/12 at 6:50am
I noticed they are now available for sale from Beyerdynamic's website. From reading other forums on this site though, some people have suggested that this might not be a good model to use other than with a portable player. Particularly with amped sources or even with computer sound cards (starting at 32 ohms). Will such sources really overdrive this headphone's low 16 ohm impedance to the point that it is detrimental to the music?post #60 of 9588/29/12 at 6:54amQuote:Originally Posted by livngston
I noticed they are now available for sale from Beyerdynamic's website. From reading other forums on this site though, some people have suggested that this might not be a good model to use other than with a portable player. Particularly with amped sources or even with computer sound cards (starting at 32 ohms). Will such sources really overdrive this headphone's low 16 ohm impedance to the point that it is detrimental to the music?
I don't agree to that. I tried it with some desktop amps, but now mostly use the C421. The big amps don't overdrive the phone, but don't do anything for it either, no need for them
- Beyerdynamic Custom Ones! New Beyer headphones!
- Headphone Impedance
- › The Beyerdynamic T51p Discussion Thread 27 seconds ago
- › Comparisons: 22 of the Top Closed/Portable Headphones Around 1 minute ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › REVIEW - HiFiMan HE-560 Planar Magnetic Headphones - Stock... 1 minute ago
- › Music City Meet -- Nashville, TN -- Fall 2014 (Sept 20, 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Westone ADV alpha 2 minutes ago
- › thread for fun...do you see your hearing getting lost in the future? 3 minutes ago
- › Cheap but good clean sounding Preamp? 3 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by JoeDoe
- › Superlux HD-668 B by donniefalcone
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by piksnz
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by wolfjeanne
- › beyerdynamic DTX 350 p Portable Headphones by twister6
- › Sony MDR-CD 780 by mark235
- › EarSonics EM32 by Rollk2
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)