Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- V-Moda M-80 vs Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro Last post on 12/27/12 at 1:08am in Headphones (full-size)
- Amping Beyerdynamic Custom One Pros? Last post on 12/4/12 at 3:02pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Best headphones around 100$?Isolated Last post on 11/27/12 at 11:22pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro, Sennheiser HD25-1 II, or Ultrasone PRO 750 - College Student Last post on 12/21/12 at 10:42am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Headphone under $200? Last post on 2/26/13 at 2:35am in Headphones (full-size)
Grado Modification Overview
Edited on 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceEdited on 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeEdited on 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaEdited on 1/6/13
Introduction I’m a basshead. I say that loudly and proudly, even though some folks believe basshead and audiophile are mutually exclusive. Obviously, I’m not in that camp. But sometimes, I...
I read reviews on this and I said let me try this out, for $10 I couldn't lose. This surpassed all of expectations for a $10 IEM. I am going to purchase a set for my wife, she was also blown...
Fanmusic is a distributor and a brand of Chinese audio-equipment which also has an eBay store. I was contacted by Tony, their manager a while ago and he informed me that they were working...
Very nice amp for mid-fiers to entry high-fiers. The sound quality and specs are very good for the price. Works very well with Jazz and Classical music in particular (not that rock and...
My pair was a supposed demo model from one of Hifiman's retailers. They came in mint condition, which is lucky for me. I'm not using a balanced cable yet, but I already feel it's a good upgrade...
Beyerdynamic Custom Ones! New Beyer headphones! - Page 4post #46 of 9188/17/12 at 4:36am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #47 of 9188/17/12 at 4:51ampost #48 of 9188/17/12 at 5:04ampost #49 of 9188/17/12 at 6:25ampost #50 of 9188/17/12 at 11:09am
I find the choice of 16 ohm drivers interesting. I wonder why not go with one of their more established drivers? (such as from the DT7/8/9 series or one of the tesla drivers)
Hmm, I wonder if I could order just a shell so I can transplant some ortho drivers into itpost #51 of 9188/17/12 at 7:25pmQuote:
I don't like the idea of AIO stuff, so not expecting much from this. Unless it can surprise me
How about the T50RP? Will that fit? If it does, consider this as a mod!post #52 of 9188/17/12 at 8:37pmpost #53 of 9188/20/12 at 7:24ampost #54 of 9188/20/12 at 7:38amThread Starterpost #55 of 9188/20/12 at 8:22ampost #56 of 9188/20/12 at 12:35pm
Let me know how they sound. I was about to purchase the DT770 Pro 80 when Pete at Beyerdynamic told me these were coming out next week. I would prefer to avoid buying an amp (although I hear the Pro 80s don't technically require them but an amp is still preferred).
The DT770 Pro 80 can be gotten fairly cheap right now $150. Pete said the base Custom One would be $200 (the velour pads would be $35 extra and that comes standard on the 770).
How is their fit? I hear they are supposed to fit similar to the DT880, and not the DT770.post #57 of 9188/21/12 at 5:20ampost #58 of 9188/24/12 at 9:16ampost #59 of 9188/29/12 at 6:50am
I noticed they are now available for sale from Beyerdynamic's website. From reading other forums on this site though, some people have suggested that this might not be a good model to use other than with a portable player. Particularly with amped sources or even with computer sound cards (starting at 32 ohms). Will such sources really overdrive this headphone's low 16 ohm impedance to the point that it is detrimental to the music?post #60 of 9188/29/12 at 6:54amQuote:Originally Posted by livngston
I noticed they are now available for sale from Beyerdynamic's website. From reading other forums on this site though, some people have suggested that this might not be a good model to use other than with a portable player. Particularly with amped sources or even with computer sound cards (starting at 32 ohms). Will such sources really overdrive this headphone's low 16 ohm impedance to the point that it is detrimental to the music?
I don't agree to that. I tried it with some desktop amps, but now mostly use the C421. The big amps don't overdrive the phone, but don't do anything for it either, no need for them
- Beyerdynamic Custom Ones! New Beyer headphones!
- Headphone Impedance
- › [Impression] FiiO E12 Mont Blanc – Way to Pinnacle 55 seconds ago
- › DX50 a new smaller DAP coming from iBasso. . .Specifications page... 3 minutes ago
- › New HLLY SMK-III Digital Audio Decoder 3 minutes ago
- › Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion... 4 minutes ago
- › SRM-717 Re-Cap 6 minutes ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's musings: in the hi-fidelity, first... 7 minutes ago
- › Final Audio Design Appreciation/Discussion Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 8 minutes ago
- › The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP 9 minutes ago
- › Shure SE535 replacement cable 10 minutes ago
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by TheGame21x
- › Monoprice 8320 IEM by Taharqa
- › Fanmusic MS-E1011 by ItsMeHere
- › Audio-gd NFB-5 by citadel
- › HE-5LE by JamesHuntington
- › Kozee Sound Solutions Infinity X2 by Insight Reviews
- › JVC HA M750 by tinamou62
- › Aurisonics ASG-2 by eke2k6
- › Sennheiser HD-558 by Tr1ckster
- › Go-Dap DD Socket1 (DD/DA Converter) for iPhone & iPod... by AnakChan
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe