Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Where can I go in NYS to test good headphones? Last post on 5/2/14 at 2:15pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Great Portable/Desktop Amp and DAC/SoundCard for Sennheiser HD 558s Last post on 12/29/13 at 12:30pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Finally asking for help. Last post on 11/17/13 at 11:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
- In Your Experience Does Beyerdynamic Have Good Warranty Service? Last post on 10/16/13 at 9:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Amp for around $100? Last post on 6/29/13 at 6:40pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Lately, it seems that I’ve found myself more and more frequently using high power requirement cans on the go. The downside with that is that my phone & likely not even my DAP has enough juice...
My preferred sound signature: A bit bass heavy, forward mids, and neutral treble. Love high detailed and clear sound. *All critical listening is done using a Chord Mojo* In almost every...
Introduction Meze 99 Neo – The new classic headphone from Meze. Meze 99 Neo is the new headphone, or rather a headphone with a twist from the Romanian headphone producer Meze....
The AKG K550 revisited. At the time, shortly after I bought my Audio Technica A900Xs I had auditioned the AKG's and I felt my choice for the A900Xs was the right one. I felt the K550s had this...
I have got these recently and I am very happy with my purchase. Denon has not failed me so far and I have used few of their products. I think somebody in Denon knows that the high quality will make...
Beyerdynamic Custom Ones! New Beyer headphones! - Page 4post #46 of 9638/17/12 at 4:36am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #47 of 9638/17/12 at 4:51ampost #48 of 9638/17/12 at 5:04ampost #49 of 9638/17/12 at 6:25ampost #50 of 9638/17/12 at 11:09am
I find the choice of 16 ohm drivers interesting. I wonder why not go with one of their more established drivers? (such as from the DT7/8/9 series or one of the tesla drivers)
Hmm, I wonder if I could order just a shell so I can transplant some ortho drivers into itpost #51 of 9638/17/12 at 7:25pmQuote:
I don't like the idea of AIO stuff, so not expecting much from this. Unless it can surprise me
How about the T50RP? Will that fit? If it does, consider this as a mod!post #52 of 9638/17/12 at 8:37pmpost #53 of 9638/20/12 at 7:24ampost #54 of 9638/20/12 at 7:38amThread Starterpost #55 of 9638/20/12 at 8:22ampost #56 of 9638/20/12 at 12:35pm
Let me know how they sound. I was about to purchase the DT770 Pro 80 when Pete at Beyerdynamic told me these were coming out next week. I would prefer to avoid buying an amp (although I hear the Pro 80s don't technically require them but an amp is still preferred).
The DT770 Pro 80 can be gotten fairly cheap right now $150. Pete said the base Custom One would be $200 (the velour pads would be $35 extra and that comes standard on the 770).
How is their fit? I hear they are supposed to fit similar to the DT880, and not the DT770.post #57 of 9638/21/12 at 5:20ampost #58 of 9638/24/12 at 9:16ampost #59 of 9638/29/12 at 6:50am
I noticed they are now available for sale from Beyerdynamic's website. From reading other forums on this site though, some people have suggested that this might not be a good model to use other than with a portable player. Particularly with amped sources or even with computer sound cards (starting at 32 ohms). Will such sources really overdrive this headphone's low 16 ohm impedance to the point that it is detrimental to the music?post #60 of 9638/29/12 at 6:54amQuote:Originally Posted by livngston
I noticed they are now available for sale from Beyerdynamic's website. From reading other forums on this site though, some people have suggested that this might not be a good model to use other than with a portable player. Particularly with amped sources or even with computer sound cards (starting at 32 ohms). Will such sources really overdrive this headphone's low 16 ohm impedance to the point that it is detrimental to the music?
I don't agree to that. I tried it with some desktop amps, but now mostly use the C421. The big amps don't overdrive the phone, but don't do anything for it either, no need for them
- Beyerdynamic Custom Ones! New Beyer headphones!
- Headphone Impedance
- › DX200 Details, features and specifications 1st page. Available on... 36 seconds ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 47 seconds ago
- › REVIEW: Comparison of 5 High End Digital Music Servers - Aurender... 1 minute ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 1 minute ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 1 minute ago
- › post your grado mods.... 1 minute ago
- › ROCK Zircon + Mula IEM Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › UpTone Audio USB REGEN 2 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 2 minutes ago
- › L.K.S. Audio MH-DA004 Dual ES9038PRO DAC - Van Damme's double impact? 3 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica AT-PHA100 by Army-Firedawg
- › Noble Audio Katana by EZE99
- › Meze 99 Neo by Dobrescu George
- › AKG K 550 by Mink
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by krenky
- › Edifier K180 by Redcarmoose
- › Mrobo C5 2.0 by crabdog
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by ObjectVoice
- › Archeer AH07 Bluetooth Headphones Wireless Stereo Over Ear... by genclaymore
- › Wired Earphones, Mixcder X5 In-Ear Earbud Headphones Metal Housing... by slowpickr
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear