Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Where can I go in NYS to test good headphones? Last post on 5/2/14 at 2:15pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Great Portable/Desktop Amp and DAC/SoundCard for Sennheiser HD 558s Last post on 12/29/13 at 12:30pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Finally asking for help. Last post on 11/17/13 at 11:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
- In Your Experience Does Beyerdynamic Have Good Warranty Service? Last post on 10/16/13 at 9:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Amp for around $100? Last post on 6/29/13 at 6:40pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 7/31/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
At the time of the review, the Audioquest Nighthawk headphone was on sale at TTJV Audio’s website. Here is a link to Todd’s listing of the...
REVIEW FOR THE APOGEE GROOVE ABOUT ME Let me introduce myself my name is Adam I am a 38 years old, I have been into audio equipment since I was in highschool. I don’t consider myself an...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION I’ve been lucky on my Head-Fi journey to meet and converse with some wonderful people who...
I tried these from a shop, they did look very nice when first spotted. I wanted some nice speakers to use with my laptop, and that could be transported if I was going away for some time. The...
A company whose products give me endless enjoyment, they fulfill every need I personally look for in audio...
Beyerdynamic Custom Ones! New Beyer headphones! - Page 4post #46 of 9628/17/12 at 4:36am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #47 of 9628/17/12 at 4:51ampost #48 of 9628/17/12 at 5:04ampost #49 of 9628/17/12 at 6:25ampost #50 of 9628/17/12 at 11:09am
I find the choice of 16 ohm drivers interesting. I wonder why not go with one of their more established drivers? (such as from the DT7/8/9 series or one of the tesla drivers)
Hmm, I wonder if I could order just a shell so I can transplant some ortho drivers into itpost #51 of 9628/17/12 at 7:25pmQuote:
I don't like the idea of AIO stuff, so not expecting much from this. Unless it can surprise me
How about the T50RP? Will that fit? If it does, consider this as a mod!post #52 of 9628/17/12 at 8:37pmpost #53 of 9628/20/12 at 7:24ampost #54 of 9628/20/12 at 7:38amThread Starterpost #55 of 9628/20/12 at 8:22ampost #56 of 9628/20/12 at 12:35pm
Let me know how they sound. I was about to purchase the DT770 Pro 80 when Pete at Beyerdynamic told me these were coming out next week. I would prefer to avoid buying an amp (although I hear the Pro 80s don't technically require them but an amp is still preferred).
The DT770 Pro 80 can be gotten fairly cheap right now $150. Pete said the base Custom One would be $200 (the velour pads would be $35 extra and that comes standard on the 770).
How is their fit? I hear they are supposed to fit similar to the DT880, and not the DT770.post #57 of 9628/21/12 at 5:20ampost #58 of 9628/24/12 at 9:16ampost #59 of 9628/29/12 at 6:50am
I noticed they are now available for sale from Beyerdynamic's website. From reading other forums on this site though, some people have suggested that this might not be a good model to use other than with a portable player. Particularly with amped sources or even with computer sound cards (starting at 32 ohms). Will such sources really overdrive this headphone's low 16 ohm impedance to the point that it is detrimental to the music?post #60 of 9628/29/12 at 6:54amQuote:Originally Posted by livngston
I noticed they are now available for sale from Beyerdynamic's website. From reading other forums on this site though, some people have suggested that this might not be a good model to use other than with a portable player. Particularly with amped sources or even with computer sound cards (starting at 32 ohms). Will such sources really overdrive this headphone's low 16 ohm impedance to the point that it is detrimental to the music?
I don't agree to that. I tried it with some desktop amps, but now mostly use the C421. The big amps don't overdrive the phone, but don't do anything for it either, no need for them
- Beyerdynamic Custom Ones! New Beyer headphones!
- Headphone Impedance
- › Need a badge? 19 seconds ago
- › Introducing the world's first LEAR patented -NSS(Natural Stereo... 37 seconds ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 38 seconds ago
- › Xduoo x2 or Ruizu x02 or Fiio x1? 42 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Astell & Kern Junior (AK Jr.) Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 5 minutes ago
- › HD800 cable with very low hours 5 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 5 minutes ago
- › MICROZOTL2 Tube Headphone Amp and preamp: a breakthrough device 7 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Apogee GROOVE Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier for Mac and PC by acain
- › Noble Audio Savant by Brooko
- › Bose® Computer MusicMonitor® -- Silver by labrat
- › Harman Kardon AE1 In Ear Headphones by Army-Firedawg
- › RHA T20 by dweaver
- › Bluetooth receiver dual amplifier class1 NFC (black) [Japan Import] by peter123
- › FiiO E12 Mont Blanc by Mediahound
- › CEntrance HiFi-M8 by Mediahound
- › Bose QuietComfort 25 Headphones by Mediahound
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3