Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Great Portable/Desktop Amp and DAC/SoundCard for Sennheiser HD 558s Last post on 12/29/13 at 12:30pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Finally asking for help. Last post on 11/17/13 at 11:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Amp for around $100? Last post on 6/29/13 at 6:40pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- V-Moda M-80 vs Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro Last post on 12/27/12 at 1:08am in Headphones (full-size)
- Amping Beyerdynamic Custom One Pros? Last post on 12/4/12 at 3:02pm in Portable Headphone Amps
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)Last edited: 7/29/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I bought these cans 2 years ago and sold them to get the ATH-M50, which then lead me into the audio world. Overall these are good portable headphones with great build quality. The sound, however,...
The Sennheiser Momentum On Ear is bursting with goodness. Nice looks, sound, and great value to go with it. Now, Let's go straight into it! These look so phenomenal, with all that alcantara...
The Sennheiser PX 360 headphones look good, and are very comfortable, at least to me, but the earcups fit just nicely over my ears. Any smaller and I would not be able to fit these over my ears....
Bass response doesn't bleed to the vocals or any other frequency whatsoever, thin lightweight cable with no microphonics and small plug to connect to portable devices. Some people called...
I don't consider them nice or even fun but everytime I'm working out I feel like I made a great investment. Going out with my Westone 4R or my customs make me feel paranoid to some extend. The...
Beyerdynamic Custom Ones! New Beyer headphones! - Page 4post #46 of 9548/17/12 at 4:36am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #47 of 9548/17/12 at 4:51ampost #48 of 9548/17/12 at 5:04ampost #49 of 9548/17/12 at 6:25ampost #50 of 9548/17/12 at 11:09am
I find the choice of 16 ohm drivers interesting. I wonder why not go with one of their more established drivers? (such as from the DT7/8/9 series or one of the tesla drivers)
Hmm, I wonder if I could order just a shell so I can transplant some ortho drivers into itpost #51 of 9548/17/12 at 7:25pmQuote:
I don't like the idea of AIO stuff, so not expecting much from this. Unless it can surprise me
How about the T50RP? Will that fit? If it does, consider this as a mod!post #52 of 9548/17/12 at 8:37pmpost #53 of 9548/20/12 at 7:24ampost #54 of 9548/20/12 at 7:38amThread Starterpost #55 of 9548/20/12 at 8:22ampost #56 of 9548/20/12 at 12:35pm
Let me know how they sound. I was about to purchase the DT770 Pro 80 when Pete at Beyerdynamic told me these were coming out next week. I would prefer to avoid buying an amp (although I hear the Pro 80s don't technically require them but an amp is still preferred).
The DT770 Pro 80 can be gotten fairly cheap right now $150. Pete said the base Custom One would be $200 (the velour pads would be $35 extra and that comes standard on the 770).
How is their fit? I hear they are supposed to fit similar to the DT880, and not the DT770.post #57 of 9548/21/12 at 5:20ampost #58 of 9548/24/12 at 9:16ampost #59 of 9548/29/12 at 6:50am
I noticed they are now available for sale from Beyerdynamic's website. From reading other forums on this site though, some people have suggested that this might not be a good model to use other than with a portable player. Particularly with amped sources or even with computer sound cards (starting at 32 ohms). Will such sources really overdrive this headphone's low 16 ohm impedance to the point that it is detrimental to the music?post #60 of 9548/29/12 at 6:54amQuote:Originally Posted by livngston
I noticed they are now available for sale from Beyerdynamic's website. From reading other forums on this site though, some people have suggested that this might not be a good model to use other than with a portable player. Particularly with amped sources or even with computer sound cards (starting at 32 ohms). Will such sources really overdrive this headphone's low 16 ohm impedance to the point that it is detrimental to the music?
I don't agree to that. I tried it with some desktop amps, but now mostly use the C421. The big amps don't overdrive the phone, but don't do anything for it either, no need for them
- Beyerdynamic Custom Ones! New Beyer headphones!
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
- › Q701 appreciation thread 11 seconds ago
- › Westone 4 Appreciation Thread and Reviews (a.k.a. Westone 4 ?) 32 seconds ago
- › ATH-M50x, ATH-M40x, V-moda crossfade M80 or Sennheiser PX 360? 39 seconds ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Audiophile cables, an interesting question. 2 minutes ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . dual Sabre ES9018K2M dacs . . please post... 2 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 2 minutes ago
- › Walkman NWZ F886 officialy announced!! [192khz/24bits] 2 minutes ago
- › Headphones Recommendation for College Student 2 minutes ago
- › InEarZ (Fisher Hearing) Custom Remold Owner's Thread 2 minutes ago
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Shure SE215 by squallkiercosa
- › Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie... by squallkiercosa
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by LaPierre
- › Noble Audio FR by HideousPride
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by AManAnd88Keys
- › JBL J33 Premium In-Ear Headphones - Black by QyababAM
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob