Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Beyerdynamic Custom Ones! New Beyer headphones!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Beyerdynamic Custom Ones! New Beyer headphones! - Page 30

post #436 of 954

Thanks.  I have returned a bunch of stuff through them and always found it easy, but have never returned open electronics items.  If I were a more patient person, I would hold out for the M-100...
 

post #437 of 954
Quote:
Originally Posted by automaton View Post

Thanks.  I have returned a bunch of stuff through them and always found it easy, but have never returned open electronics items.  If I were a more patient person, I would hold out for the M-100...

Patience...what's that? Bought both the COPs and some q40s while I wait for my m100s. Haha.
post #438 of 954
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbdynsty25 View Post


Patience...what's that? Bought both the COPs and some q40s while I wait for my m100s. Haha.

Ahh spoken like a true Head-fi member... yea seriously buy it try it return if you no like it! 

 

Also as for teh Dt990, I'm not really sure... I would think with it's v shaped sound sig it might be better for Music... but then again I use my dt 880s for gaming... but that's because I enjoy mostly Rpg's and Racing games. both which sound good through the dt 880! 

post #439 of 954

Just got my Amazon box and threw these on. beyersmile.png

post #440 of 954

Hello Head-Fi'ers,

 

It was suggested that I post in this thread, so sorry for the double post.  Anyone know what size the hex screws that hold the outer ring on the Beyer COP's?  I just received by COP's that I ordered from B&H Photo today and a couple of the screws seem to have rust on them, which kinda hinders the looks.  The headphones appear to be brand new (at least they were supposed to be), no signs of opened box or wear.  It looks like I can order a replacement screw set from Beyerdynamic, but I don't want to pay the $15 flat rate shipping.

 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

 

BTW, the headphones sound great!!!

post #441 of 954
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrGonzo View Post

Hello Head-Fi'ers,

 

It was suggested that I post in this thread, so sorry for the double post.  Anyone know what size the hex screws that hold the outer ring on the Beyer COP's?  I just received by COP's that I ordered from B&H Photo today and a couple of the screws seem to have rust on them, which kinda hinders the looks.  The headphones appear to be brand new (at least they were supposed to be), no signs of opened box or wear.  It looks like I can order a replacement screw set from Beyerdynamic, but I don't want to pay the $15 flat rate shipping.

 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

 

BTW, the headphones sound great!!!

why don't you ask for a replacement?

post #442 of 954
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrGonzo View Post

Hello Head-Fi'ers,

 

It was suggested that I post in this thread, so sorry for the double post.  Anyone know what size the hex screws that hold the outer ring on the Beyer COP's?  I just received by COP's that I ordered from B&H Photo today and a couple of the screws seem to have rust on them, which kinda hinders the looks.  The headphones appear to be brand new (at least they were supposed to be), no signs of opened box or wear.  It looks like I can order a replacement screw set from Beyerdynamic, but I don't want to pay the $15 flat rate shipping.

Could that be paint, maybe someone else before had painted them, then the paint was cleaned off?

Send a picture to Beyerdynamic and see what they have to say it might be.

post #443 of 954
Quote:
[why don't you ask for a replacement QUOTE]

I guess I will; nothing should be rusted on a brand new product. I just didn't want to wait a week (shipping back to NY, processing, then ship back). B&H is actually a pretty reputable reseller and good customer service.
post #444 of 954

how do these compare to the m50s in terms of value/SQ for a portable headphone? i'm trying to find the best value portable in the ~$150 range
 

post #445 of 954

The COPs are not in any way portable IMO as the COP does not fold like the M50 does. The COPs are very comfortable compared to the hot and uncomfortable Audio Technica pads. Also, if you enjoy more "bass-ier" songs than the COPs will out do the M50.

post #446 of 954
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockket View Post

how do these compare to the m50s in terms of value/SQ for a portable headphone? i'm trying to find the best value portable in the ~$150 range
 

 

Yeah...the m50s are more portable.  If you don't care about the folding cups, the Q40 is quite good as well.  I prefer them to the COP and the M50 even though they are less portable than the latter.

post #447 of 954

Hiya - noobie here!

 

Really interested in these, currently using some AKG K271 Mk II' s, do you think these will offer me an upgrade for general easy listening and house music/dance/electronica at all?

 

Also, anyone know when all of the custom covers and new colours are gonna be made available?

 

Cheers,

 

Lee

post #448 of 954

The Custom Ones aren't quite as thumpy as I'd like them to be. They're nice and clear, but I find myself at the 3rd level most times and wishing they were a bit more punchy, with deeper bass. The fourth level is a bit too muffled most times.


Edited by jeromium - 11/7/12 at 11:04pm
post #449 of 954
Thanks for all of the above comments and advice, now where's my credit card?
post #450 of 954
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeromium View Post

The Custom Ones aren't quite as thumpy as I'd like them to be. They're nice and clear, but I find myself at the 3rd level most times and wishing they were a bit more punchy, with deeper bass. The fourth level is a bit too muffled most times.

Yea I hear that alot, what amp are you using with them btw? 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Beyerdynamic Custom Ones! New Beyer headphones!