Not to detract from the conversation, but would you guys recommend these or the KRK KNS 8400? These are for a friend who likes his upbeat, in your face metal and rock. He also will be using it for casual gaming.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Where can I go in NYS to test good headphones? Last post on 5/2/14 at 2:15pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Great Portable/Desktop Amp and DAC/SoundCard for Sennheiser HD 558s Last post on 12/29/13 at 12:30pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Finally asking for help. Last post on 11/17/13 at 11:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
- In Your Experience Does Beyerdynamic Have Good Warranty Service? Last post on 10/16/13 at 9:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Amp for around $100? Last post on 6/29/13 at 6:40pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
In my self-imposed haughtiness and superiority, I have always told Alfred and Martin that I will be the high-end reviewer for this blog, and that they should be responsible for more budget...
First of all, thank you so much to Ifi-Audio for sending me a black edition to review for free! Really awesome of them to involve the audio community to such a degree. I will keep this review...
I try not to be an extremist and I try to give most products I review a decent amount of hearing before making any judgments on their quality but when a product reaches with a level of quality I...
A great purchase for under 180 pounds, these headphones blow the direct competition away when it comes to almost everything. They arrive in a nice premium package with a thick, high grade cable for...
A reasonably priced pair of premium Open back headphones. They are well made and super comfortable and have a luxurious appearance well suited to home hi fi use. Unlike other hi fidelity phones...
Beyerdynamic Custom Ones! New Beyer headphones! - Page 26post #376 of 96310/22/12 at 10:21pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #377 of 96310/22/12 at 10:31pm
Well, uh... *turns and walks away quickly*
Getting demo pairs is a good way to be sure if you like the headphone first. I don't intend on buying them, but they sound so good that I can't resist!post #378 of 96310/23/12 at 9:47ampost #379 of 96310/23/12 at 11:05amQuote:
Rather often, I got an E11 simple to compare it to the cMoy BB, which I only really did on the Bass Head Forum... I've yet to write a really labor entesive review. I tried with the cMoy bb but psh there was no one even viewing it so I quit... plus the cMoy didn't impress me enough to make me dedicate teh 6-7 hours I'd need to fully test and document it enough so that I could write and Enitrely extensive reviwe.
The Dt 880's did although I'm still to lazy <3Quote:
How do you recommend we get Demo Pairs :Opost #380 of 96310/23/12 at 1:25pm
This is a great price on the COP. At that price, it's a no brainer. Buy it!post #381 of 96310/23/12 at 1:27pmpost #382 of 96310/23/12 at 5:06pm
You'd have to contact beyer for that. I don't know if they'll just hand them out to anyone..post #383 of 96310/24/12 at 6:53ampost #384 of 96310/24/12 at 8:16pm
Screw the whole UK in general :[ your money is worth so much more than my crappy us Dollars <.<
Still though I'd like to invesitgate the "Magnolia" section of my Best Buy some time :Opost #385 of 96310/25/12 at 1:24pmQuote:Originally Posted by livngston
Okay so that was the exact same scenario I was in. I debated back and forth between the DT770 Pro 80 and the Custom One Pro. Now I don't profess to be an audiophile yet (still learning and relatively new to this forum). But I did what any obsessive compulsive electronics and audio fan would do, I bought both to try them out.
As you can see, they both have pretty much the same form factor and relatively the same size earcups. I felt the DT770 had slightly more padding, but it also could have been the feel of the velour vs the plethor.
Both sound great, but each has their own strengths. The DT770 can be driven off portable devices, but it does sound weak compared to the Custom One Pro. So if you are going to primarily drive off of a smartphone, I would consider the Custom One Pro. The bass selector does work well, although I wonder how much could be mimicked by playing with the EQ from your sound source.
For me though, I was primarily driving my headphones through an audio receiver and from an amplifier off of my Xonar DGX sound card on my computer. To me, the DT770 when properly amplified had much more presence than the Custom One Pro. The mids sounded less recessed while still providing as much bass as the Custom One Pro even at the fourth slider setting. The DT770 Pro 80 is definitely bass heavy, but it did not seem to overpower the mids like the Custom One Pro.
I also use the headphones for gaming and found the DT770 provided a wider soundstage (IMO) than the Custom One Pro, making it better suited for virtual surround using Dolby Headphone output.
While I liked the Custom One Pro, I am going to return it and keep the DT770 Pro 80. I like the sound better and love the feel of the velour pads over the plethor. Also the DT770 Pro 80 is cheaper which doesn't hurt. Guitar Center sells normally for $170, but with coupons frequently circulating, you can get it as low as $150.
Don't feel bad, I did the same thing and I wrote a little comparison too. Its nothing special but I think I did an ok good if I say so myself :)post #386 of 96310/26/12 at 7:00amQuote:Originally Posted by DemonFox
Don't feel bad, I did the same thing and I wrote a little comparison too. Its nothing special but I think I did an ok good if I say so myself :)
Yea that fellow u quoted had a nice review there him self! I'm debating on getting the COP or not, but in all honesty when you want a BASS heavy can, you want recessed mids which the COP does, and that ofc follows the assumption that your going to be primarly Driving bass heavy music on them!
My consideration for the COP is for mah Dub Step, which the more I listen to my Dt 880 the less I like how narrow Closed Cans sound... But I think for SUB BASS OWNAGE, it's gatta be closed or it won't stand for sub bass [although the LCD2 has nice sub still that's 1000 xD]
SO I may end up getting the COP and seeing how it stacks up agains't my XB700 and Future Xb1000 and Dt1350's [which have a nice flat Line Sub bass Response]post #387 of 96310/26/12 at 8:46am
Thanks. Nice review you did. You obviously spent a lot more time on your review than I did, but I think you came out the same. I really liked the COP, but ultimately I felt the DT770 was a superior headphone at least for my applications. Kudos to Beyerdynamic for both. I tried several different manufacturers, including a number of the top choices on this website, but found the Beyers were the best for me.post #388 of 96310/26/12 at 10:27amQuote:Originally Posted by livngston
Thanks. Nice review you did. You obviously spent a lot more time on your review than I did, but I think you came out the same. I really liked the COP, but ultimately I felt the DT770 was a superior headphone at least for my applications. Kudos to Beyerdynamic for both. I tried several different manufacturers, including a number of the top choices on this website, but found the Beyers were the best for me.
Byers are good cans <3 I enjoy them and I WANT TO CATCH EM ALLL!!!!!!!post #389 of 96310/26/12 at 4:24pm
The Magnolia by me has a pair of T1 and HD800's out on display. They also have some K550's, K701's, and some other Audio Technica headphones. They have a whole wall dedicated to Audioquest stuff as well.post #390 of 96310/26/12 at 5:41pm
- Beyerdynamic Custom Ones! New Beyer headphones!
- Headphone Impedance
- › Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing... 44 seconds ago
- › Meze 99 Classics Discussion + Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Looking for studio reference headphones, but am picky 1 minute ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi |... 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 4 minutes ago
- › New amp/dac 7 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 8 minutes ago
- › Walnut Hi-Fi V2 WAV (& MP3) Player by wt - 👌 screenless budget... 9 minutes ago
- › qdc Balanced armature type (BA type) 3SH （QDC-4024） by prismstorm
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by bapspidoff
- › Sangdo Headset Mic for Sony MH EX300AP L36H L36I C6603 LT26II LT28H... by Griffith
- › Denon AH-D600 by theminstrel
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by theminstrel
- › Burson Audio Cable+ by markbrauer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by theminstrel
- › FiiO E17 by theminstrel
- › Sony NWZ-A15 Walkman Video MP3 Player (16GB) - Black by theminstrel
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 by theminstrel
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear