Not to detract from the conversation, but would you guys recommend these or the KRK KNS 8400? These are for a friend who likes his upbeat, in your face metal and rock. He also will be using it for casual gaming.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Where can I go in NYS to test good headphones? Last post on 5/2/14 at 2:15pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Great Portable/Desktop Amp and DAC/SoundCard for Sennheiser HD 558s Last post on 12/29/13 at 12:30pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Finally asking for help. Last post on 11/17/13 at 11:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
- In Your Experience Does Beyerdynamic Have Good Warranty Service? Last post on 10/16/13 at 9:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Amp for around $100? Last post on 6/29/13 at 6:40pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Nuforce HEM4 – impressions and comparison with HEM2 After listening to the HEM2s recently courtesy of the Nuforce Massdrop, I managed to pick up a pair of the next model in their HEM series (the...
http://www.shozy-hk.com/zero-earphone/ Preamble: I was honored to receive an invitation to join in the Delta test of the pre-production Shozy Zero around April 16th. I received the unit...
Background: I am not an audiophile, I just like to enjoy music in good quality. This writing is more like a collection of subjective experience and impressions rather than a professional review....
These headphones need to be amped. If you choose to use them without doing so, they will sound weak and lifeless. The complaints I read about seem to me to be with people that haven't synergized...
Beyerdynamic Custom Ones! New Beyer headphones! - Page 26post #376 of 96310/22/12 at 10:21pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #377 of 96310/22/12 at 10:31pm
Well, uh... *turns and walks away quickly*
Getting demo pairs is a good way to be sure if you like the headphone first. I don't intend on buying them, but they sound so good that I can't resist!post #378 of 96310/23/12 at 9:47ampost #379 of 96310/23/12 at 11:05amQuote:
Rather often, I got an E11 simple to compare it to the cMoy BB, which I only really did on the Bass Head Forum... I've yet to write a really labor entesive review. I tried with the cMoy bb but psh there was no one even viewing it so I quit... plus the cMoy didn't impress me enough to make me dedicate teh 6-7 hours I'd need to fully test and document it enough so that I could write and Enitrely extensive reviwe.
The Dt 880's did although I'm still to lazy <3Quote:
How do you recommend we get Demo Pairs :Opost #380 of 96310/23/12 at 1:25pm
This is a great price on the COP. At that price, it's a no brainer. Buy it!post #381 of 96310/23/12 at 1:27pmpost #382 of 96310/23/12 at 5:06pm
You'd have to contact beyer for that. I don't know if they'll just hand them out to anyone..post #383 of 96310/24/12 at 6:53ampost #384 of 96310/24/12 at 8:16pm
Screw the whole UK in general :[ your money is worth so much more than my crappy us Dollars <.<
Still though I'd like to invesitgate the "Magnolia" section of my Best Buy some time :Opost #385 of 96310/25/12 at 1:24pmQuote:Originally Posted by livngston
Okay so that was the exact same scenario I was in. I debated back and forth between the DT770 Pro 80 and the Custom One Pro. Now I don't profess to be an audiophile yet (still learning and relatively new to this forum). But I did what any obsessive compulsive electronics and audio fan would do, I bought both to try them out.
As you can see, they both have pretty much the same form factor and relatively the same size earcups. I felt the DT770 had slightly more padding, but it also could have been the feel of the velour vs the plethor.
Both sound great, but each has their own strengths. The DT770 can be driven off portable devices, but it does sound weak compared to the Custom One Pro. So if you are going to primarily drive off of a smartphone, I would consider the Custom One Pro. The bass selector does work well, although I wonder how much could be mimicked by playing with the EQ from your sound source.
For me though, I was primarily driving my headphones through an audio receiver and from an amplifier off of my Xonar DGX sound card on my computer. To me, the DT770 when properly amplified had much more presence than the Custom One Pro. The mids sounded less recessed while still providing as much bass as the Custom One Pro even at the fourth slider setting. The DT770 Pro 80 is definitely bass heavy, but it did not seem to overpower the mids like the Custom One Pro.
I also use the headphones for gaming and found the DT770 provided a wider soundstage (IMO) than the Custom One Pro, making it better suited for virtual surround using Dolby Headphone output.
While I liked the Custom One Pro, I am going to return it and keep the DT770 Pro 80. I like the sound better and love the feel of the velour pads over the plethor. Also the DT770 Pro 80 is cheaper which doesn't hurt. Guitar Center sells normally for $170, but with coupons frequently circulating, you can get it as low as $150.
Don't feel bad, I did the same thing and I wrote a little comparison too. Its nothing special but I think I did an ok good if I say so myself :)post #386 of 96310/26/12 at 7:00amQuote:Originally Posted by DemonFox
Don't feel bad, I did the same thing and I wrote a little comparison too. Its nothing special but I think I did an ok good if I say so myself :)
Yea that fellow u quoted had a nice review there him self! I'm debating on getting the COP or not, but in all honesty when you want a BASS heavy can, you want recessed mids which the COP does, and that ofc follows the assumption that your going to be primarly Driving bass heavy music on them!
My consideration for the COP is for mah Dub Step, which the more I listen to my Dt 880 the less I like how narrow Closed Cans sound... But I think for SUB BASS OWNAGE, it's gatta be closed or it won't stand for sub bass [although the LCD2 has nice sub still that's 1000 xD]
SO I may end up getting the COP and seeing how it stacks up agains't my XB700 and Future Xb1000 and Dt1350's [which have a nice flat Line Sub bass Response]post #387 of 96310/26/12 at 8:46am
Thanks. Nice review you did. You obviously spent a lot more time on your review than I did, but I think you came out the same. I really liked the COP, but ultimately I felt the DT770 was a superior headphone at least for my applications. Kudos to Beyerdynamic for both. I tried several different manufacturers, including a number of the top choices on this website, but found the Beyers were the best for me.post #388 of 96310/26/12 at 10:27amQuote:Originally Posted by livngston
Thanks. Nice review you did. You obviously spent a lot more time on your review than I did, but I think you came out the same. I really liked the COP, but ultimately I felt the DT770 was a superior headphone at least for my applications. Kudos to Beyerdynamic for both. I tried several different manufacturers, including a number of the top choices on this website, but found the Beyers were the best for me.
Byers are good cans <3 I enjoy them and I WANT TO CATCH EM ALLL!!!!!!!post #389 of 96310/26/12 at 4:24pm
The Magnolia by me has a pair of T1 and HD800's out on display. They also have some K550's, K701's, and some other Audio Technica headphones. They have a whole wall dedicated to Audioquest stuff as well.post #390 of 96310/26/12 at 5:41pm
- Beyerdynamic Custom Ones! New Beyer headphones!
- Headphone Impedance
- › Little Dot I+ Tube Rolling 5 seconds ago
- › New Dragonfly Black and Red Discussion 1 minute ago
- › AUDIO over IP - the coming wave! The AES67 and AVB Ethernet... 2 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound blaster E5 - Headphone amp + USB DAC with OTG +... 2 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up (Update: April 17th, 2016) 2 minutes ago
- › NEW: Tralucent Audio Plus5 BA IEM 3 minutes ago
- › MICROZOTL2 Tube Headphone Amp and preamp: a breakthrough device 3 minutes ago
- › KENNERTON VALI - IMPRESSIONS, DISCUSSION, TOUR 3 minutes ago
- › Which headphones do you use for PC gaming? 4 minutes ago
- › LG V10 : New ESS Chipped Flagship Android Phone from LG 5 minutes ago
- › TFZ Series 1 by TwinACStacks
- › NuForce HEM4 Reference Class Hi-Res In-Ear Headphones with Dual... by Jackpot77
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by TwinACStacks
- › Fostex TH-X00 Massdrop exclusive by bestula
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by DJ Liquid
- › Rockit Sounds R-50 by puccipaolo
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon by Aornic
- › oBravo EAMT-3w Hybrid Dynamic Driver and Heil Air Motion Transducer... by glassmonkey
- › T-PEOS RASIEL by faithguy19
- › OPPO PM-3 by T Bone
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...