Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Beyerdynamic Custom Ones! New Beyer headphones!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Beyerdynamic Custom Ones! New Beyer headphones! - Page 22

post #316 of 958

I'm getting the DT770 PRO Limited Edition 88 as well. Looking forward to comparing it to the COP
 

post #317 of 958

Anyone know how these compare to the HFI-580, 780 in terms of bass? Looking for some new headphones to buy that can suit my Dub, D&B, Electronica needs.

post #318 of 958

The COP sounds pretty good on an iPhone 4s.  Now I wish it came with an iPhone remote cable.

Reply
post #319 of 958
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFiGuy528 View Post

The COP sounds pretty good on an iPhone 4s.  Now I wish it came with an iPhone remote cable.

 

IIRC they'll be releasing an iPhone cable for it.

post #320 of 958
Quote:
Originally Posted by LolCakeLazors View Post

Anyone know how these compare to the HFI-580, 780 in terms of bass? Looking for some new headphones to buy that can suit my Dub, D&B, Electronica needs.

 

I have HFI-780 and COP both.

In terms of bass, COP has better amount of base, especially mid-bass, even at position 3 of custom sound slider.

 

HFI-780's bass is tight, cool, precise and gives sense of mechanical taste, so It goes really well with most of electro music like you mentioned. but as for more lyrical and spacey artist like Orbital or Kraftwerk, I prefer COP's musical, bit bouncing bass.

 

For your information.


Edited by beyerlove - 10/17/12 at 8:09pm
post #321 of 958

Preface: 

I just purchased these from Headphone Bar in Canada. Purchase price was 199.99 + tax (Though they marked it down by 10$ for me and a friend because we spent a lot of money that day lol)

 

In store, the headphones were amazing and were burned in with enough hours to have a really nice impression

They were comparable to my MDR-7506 (Sony) Reference Headphones.

Everything was clear, bass was clean and unmuffled, mids were good and hi's were clear.

 

First Impressions after bringing it home...

 

- Headphones were ****. LOL. They needed a lot of burn-in hours, bass was muffled, mids were dirty and hi's weren't as clean or clear as I'd like.

- After about 50 hours, bass was getting better but everything was still not as clean or clear as my 7506's

- After 150-200 hours, with music + white/pink noise + periods of silence, the sound was much better. The bass was strong and clear, but not overpowering. Mids and hi's were fine.

 

The headphones still need another 200 or so hours but they're fine for listening to now.

 

Notes on other features:
- Replaceable + Detachable 3.5 mm cord with attachable in-amp adapter, you guys know what i mean.

- 3-4 notches on the back of the headphones to give a 'boost' to the headphones. Each notch adds about 20 db of bass and IMO doesn't mess up the mids and hi's in the process, the rest of the music and sound come in clear it's just with an extra kick of bass :). I usually like flat headphones, but the bass notches are excellent for Rock and etc.

- Comfort is great, ears fit right into the headphones :)

- Customization features don't interfere with sound quality, they're just additional hardware that you screw onto the headset; therefore, they don't interfere with the sound quality :)

 

I would recommend these cans, because they're cans, to basically everyone. They can serve as Reference headphones if you turn the Bass Boost Notches all the way down or 1 notch up

 

If you love base, Burn the **** out of these then kick the notches to max and put on your favourite album or vinyl :)

 

I hope this was helpful, cheers.

post #322 of 958
Quote:
Originally Posted by beyerlove View Post

 

I have HFI-780 and COP both.

In terms of bass, COP has better amount of base, especially mid-bass, even at position 3 of custom sound slider.

 

HFI-780's bass is tight, cool, precise and gives sense of mechanical taste, so It goes really well with most of electro music like you mentioned. but as for more lyrical and spacey artist like Orbital or Kraftwerk, I prefer COP's musical, bit bouncing bass.

 

For your information.

 

Thanks for the info. Which one, in your opinion, has the better soundstage? I want to use these headphones for games as well.

post #323 of 958
Quote:
Originally Posted by LolCakeLazors View Post

 

Thanks for the info. Which one, in your opinion, has the better soundstage? I want to use these headphones for games as well.

 

Being a FPS player (mainly playing CoD MW3 and Left 4 dead 2), 

+1 to HFI-780 because of  easy hearing of  footsteps and gunfire sound. but comfort of those cans is not so good.

+1 to COP because of comfort and wider soundstage.

 

If you're a hard-core FPS player and really matters telling where gunfires and footsteps come from, I think HFI-780 is better choice.

Otherwise (RPGs, RTSs, puzzles, actions) COP will be better gaming cans.


Edited by beyerlove - 10/17/12 at 9:34pm
post #324 of 958

Thanks for the information once again. I think I'll get the COP as it has more features and seems to be better overall, I listen to more than just Electronica.

post #325 of 958

Lazors,

 

Please don't forget that the HFI-780 is very good headphones which I don't want to part with while I have many other cans.

This is a matter of personal preference and I recommend you to take a look at your local audio gear shop if possible.

 

Anyway, HFI-780's sound is too cool and lifeless to fit Jazz, Acoustic musics, lively vocals IMO. 

post #326 of 958
Quote:
Originally Posted by beyerlove View Post

 

I have HFI-780 and COP both.

In terms of bass, COP has better amount of base, especially mid-bass, even at position 3 of custom sound slider.

 

HFI-780's bass is tight, cool, precise and gives sense of mechanical taste, so It goes really well with most of electro music like you mentioned. but as for more lyrical and spacey artist like Orbital or Kraftwerk, I prefer COP's musical, bit bouncing bass.

 

For your information.

 

The HFI-780 has better, sparkly treble and more forward mids. It's a more energetic headphone IMO, which I love. It also isolates a lot better when on my head.

post #327 of 958
Quote:
Originally Posted by beyerlove View Post

Lazors,

 

Anyway, HFI-780's sound is too cool and lifeless to fit Jazz, Acoustic musics, lively vocals IMO. 

 

I have to disagree entirely. The HFI-780 is far from lifeless which a lot of neutral and warm headphones can sound. The HFI-780 is sparkly, coloured, bright, clear highs, and super impactful bass, without the recessed mids. I think it's better than the COP because of the better treble performance.

post #328 of 958

Bloodflowerz,

 

I completely agree with you about the sound characteristics of HFI-780 you listed above.

And I admitted that the HFI-780 is hellva good headphone I can't part with in previous post.

It's only the difference of our personal sensitivity and acceptance.

I don't be surprised to hear you think those phones are best at Jazz or something.

 

Still, I always feel bit (just little bit) bored with HFI-780 especially when I use those phones for long time, after several hours listening.

And the headpad hurts my top of the head badly.

 

I'm sorry if you feel offended. 


Edited by beyerlove - 10/18/12 at 5:32am
post #329 of 958
Quote:
Originally Posted by beyerlove View Post

Bloodflowerz,

 

I completely agree with you about the sound characteristics of HFI-780 you listed above.

And I admitted that the HFI-780 is hellva good headphone I can't part with in previous post.

It's only the difference of our personal sensitivity and acceptance.

I don't be surprised to hear you think those phones are best at Jazz or something.

 

Still, I always feel bit (just little bit) bored with HFI-780 especially when I use those phones for long time, after several hours listening.

And the headpad hurts my top of the head badly.

 

I'm sorry if you feel offended. 


Hehe.....I was not offended at all. Just thought I would air my opinion. redface.gif Sorry if I came across in a negative manner; was not my intention.

 

And I agree, the headband on the Hfi-780 starts hurting after an hour.

post #330 of 958

is there anyone that has tried the COP`s and denon d1100`s ? i have the d1100 now and im lookin for a upgrade with similar bass quantities basshead.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Beyerdynamic Custom Ones! New Beyer headphones!