Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Beyerdynamic Custom Ones! New Beyer headphones!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Beyerdynamic Custom Ones! New Beyer headphones! - Page 20

post #286 of 958

Said my goodbyes to my HD-25s and hellos to my newly arrived Custom One Pros! First thing I noticed right away was, HEY these don't hurt my ears anymore beyersmile.png

I want to experiment with some Velours, but I'm still planning on using these as my to-go headphones so I might have to reconsider that. 

 

Also, if I like these headphones beyond belief in the near future, I might get DHC to make a cable for these baddies.

post #287 of 958
Velour for home use, (p)leather for portable. Problem = solved.
post #288 of 958
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray91 View Post

Velour for home use, (p)leather for portable. Problem = solved.

 

I think I may be too lazy to change pads a few times a week. But so far, these are great cans. Still new so I'll get some burn-in done before writing some details. I may like these so much I might do a review on them... But too bad I no longer have the HD-25 to directly compare to so it will be a review dedicated to the COP only, with little comparisons with the cans I have. 

post #289 of 958

Another thing, this is and the Fiio E11 is a killer match! Bass and MOREEE BASS!

post #290 of 958
The 770 velours isolate incredibly well. Dunno why you wouldn't use them outside.
post #291 of 958
Quote:
Originally Posted by planx View Post

 

I think I may be too lazy to change pads a few times a week. But so far, these are great cans. Still new so I'll get some burn-in done before writing some details. I may like these so much I might do a review on them... But too bad I no longer have the HD-25 to directly compare to so it will be a review dedicated to the COP only, with little comparisons with the cans I have. 

 

Hey if you could compare the COP to what you remember of the HD25, at least the sound sig/soundstage/isolation, I would greatly appreciate it.

post #292 of 958
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy View Post

The 770 velours isolate incredibly well. Dunno why you wouldn't use them outside.

 

I haven't tried yet, but I will give it a shot. I did try the T70P micro-velour or whatever it's called, and I really didn't like it because the pads were too thin and my ears started to press against the grille.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roma101 View Post

 

Hey if you could compare the COP to what you remember of the HD25, at least the sound sig/soundstage/isolation, I would greatly appreciate it.

 

I will try, and maybe I'll head over to my local shop and compare it directly to the Vmoda M-80 and/or the Crossfade LP2

post #293 of 958

Congrats planx.

 

Looking forward further impression from you.

I have HD25s in my stash but I found I seldom use those phones from the day COP arrived.

post #294 of 958
Quote:
Originally Posted by beyerlove View Post

Congrats planx.

 

Looking forward further impression from you.

I have HD25s in my stash but I found I seldom use those phones from the day COP arrived.

 

Thanks, I will write a detailed write-up only because the COP is my favorite Beyer I tried to date.

 

HD-25s have some serious competition with Beyer now. COP is pretty portable, and much more comfortable than any supra-aural.

post #295 of 958
Thanks Planx, looking forward to your impressions.
post #296 of 958
Quote:
Originally Posted by planx View Post

Another thing, this is and the Fiio E11 is a killer match! Bass and MOREEE BASS!

ZOMG that sounds awesome :O how do they compare to the dt 990 Pro bass :D I'm looking for a good MID HEAVY bass can and well this sound's nice :3

post #297 of 958
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post

ZOMG that sounds awesome :O how do they compare to the dt 990 Pro bass :D I'm looking for a good MID HEAVY bass can and well this sound's nice :3

 

I would have to go compare them A/B at my local headphone store to give you an honest opinion, which is what I'm planning on doing next week hopefully. A week should be long enough for me to get familiar with the COP and not too long so I don't forget my HD-25s sound too much.

post #298 of 958

Those are damn cool. I wonder how they sound compaired to a set of DT990s. That's what im looking at most right now. 

post #299 of 958

BauldlyDamage,

 

The COP and DT990PRO are quite different cans.

If you stick to DT990PRO's v-sound signature, with deep base and sparkling treble, COP might not be your cup of tea.

And if you're looking for different type of sound or change of pace for DT990PRO, and if you like pretty bassy sound, COP will be very nice choice.

COP easily rivals DT990's in bass sound even at position 3 of custom slider.

 

And you need to realize COP, having closed back design, has rather narrower sound-stage compared to DT990pro, which has open-back advantage in sound-stage.

 

For your information.


Edited by beyerlove - 10/14/12 at 3:00am
post #300 of 958

Anyone compared these to the Logitech UE6000 perhaps? smile.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Beyerdynamic Custom Ones! New Beyer headphones!