rubbish! how is the COP not portable? besides, i'm replacing my HD-25 for one for portable use. For me, I don't exactly need a headphone to fold for me to call it portable. My idea of a portable headphone is something that blocks sound out decently well, comfortable, and of reasonable size.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Great Portable/Desktop Amp and DAC/SoundCard for Sennheiser HD 558s Last post on 12/29/13 at 12:30pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Finally asking for help. Last post on 11/17/13 at 11:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Amp for around $100? Last post on 6/29/13 at 6:40pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- V-Moda M-80 vs Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro Last post on 12/27/12 at 1:08am in Headphones (full-size)
- Amping Beyerdynamic Custom One Pros? Last post on 12/4/12 at 3:02pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I've owned the Sennheiser Momentum for about a year now. Though it is aesthetically pleasing, and very sturdy overall, I can honestly say that it isn't worth the $300. I enjoyed the mids, which...
Not quite a review but thought I'd quote my recent observations. Quote: Originally Posted by Rob80b Well the K712s showed up, just doing some preliminary comparison with my K701s with the...
First, a big thanks to Todd The Vinyl Junkie for making the 'e' series loaner program possible. To the next guy in line: sorry I kept them for so long. The very first pair of 'high-end'...
A big thanks to TekFusion for sending the TwinWoofer in for review and Ibrahim for taking the photo shots! TekFusion is a brand new fresh company based in India. Targeted for consumer...
I enjoy these headphones very much. A beautiful sound, clear and natural with a tight bass. I am a bit surprised such small cans can sounds so good. The wood finish might not suit everyone, but...
Beyerdynamic Custom Ones! New Beyer headphones! - Page 19post #271 of 95810/10/12 at 7:06pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #272 of 95810/10/12 at 7:45pmpost #273 of 95810/10/12 at 7:53pmpost #274 of 95810/10/12 at 8:06pmpost #275 of 95810/10/12 at 8:59pmQuote:Originally Posted by AudioAficionado
I've been looking at the C.O.P., but from the pictures, am I right to say that these are not that portable? I'm looking for a portable headphone (anything from something as small as the Klipsch Image One to the Audio-Technica M50) that does well in all types of music including hip-hop and classical, and has swivel and reversible earcups. So basically a portable "DJ-syle" headphone that's rugged and has balanced sound. From my above description, the C.O.P. is probably is not for me, right?
My Image One II came in today. I'll let you know how it compares.post #276 of 95810/11/12 at 12:07amQuote:
Aerosmith, that's more like POP music ;)post #277 of 95810/11/12 at 6:48ampost #278 of 95810/11/12 at 7:16ampost #279 of 95810/11/12 at 7:26am
I travel a lot...like 18 hours every week. California to Georgia and back..every week!
The COP is very comfortable and I have it on for 7-8 hours continuously. I just wish the mids were more prominent.post #280 of 95810/11/12 at 8:34ampost #281 of 95810/11/12 at 8:16pmQuote:
That was primarily why I sent them back, the recessed mids. I need a headphone that is more well-rounded.
Plus, the bass was boomy and loose, not tight and quick.
Edited by USAudio - 10/12/12 at 6:58ampost #282 of 95810/11/12 at 10:48pmI'd be interested in these, but would like to know which has more mids, the 770/80s or COP? The 770/80 has a gaping void, and if these have even more recessed mids, well, I'll pass.
Again more impressions with 770 velours would be nice.post #283 of 95810/11/12 at 11:17pm
I think the COP has a lot more midrange than what the DT770 Pro 80Ohm offered.post #284 of 95810/11/12 at 11:30pmHmm, ok. That sounds good. I'm just confused. The DT770/80 is still better? I wasn't a huge fan of them, mids aside. They weren't too clear in basically anything. If the COP is even less detailed, I dunno. Not worth it.post #285 of 95810/12/12 at 9:31amQuote:
Yes, you're right sirQuote:
I would say they're on different level. (And different sound sig too)
DT770/32 has character like combination between 770Pro/80 + 770Pro/250, but with improvement in term of black background and detail. I think Beyerdynamic re-design the driver special for 770/32 LE, not only just change the impedance.
Compare to COP, 770/32 LE has less bass body, but with much clearer presentation and detail in mid and treble. (not to say that 770/32 lack of bass, because the bass is still bigger then 770Pro/250)Quote:Quote:
COP has more forward presentation compare to 770Pro/80, but I don't think COP is more detail or clearer though.
Perhaps what you will like is 770/32 LE
Btw, adding a note, COP with DT880's velour pad doesn't sound harsh at all, it's still very smooth sounding with bigger soundstage and less bass body. (Which is I like)
- Beyerdynamic Custom Ones! New Beyer headphones!
- Headphone Impedance
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 9 seconds ago
- › Uplifting Trance reccomendations 24 seconds ago
- › New from Garage1217, the solid-state Project Polaris! 1 minute ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Minneapolis Meet? 2 minutes ago
- › Attaching an E12 to an X3: useful? 2 minutes ago
- › AKG K501 love... 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 6 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic T90 :D 8 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › AKG K712 Pro by Rob80b
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M40x Professional Headphones by krishtrinity1
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by subwoof3r
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by lin0003
- › FiiO Kilimanjaro 2 (E11K) Portable Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by TheAfterEffect
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)