rubbish! how is the COP not portable? besides, i'm replacing my HD-25 for one for portable use. For me, I don't exactly need a headphone to fold for me to call it portable. My idea of a portable headphone is something that blocks sound out decently well, comfortable, and of reasonable size.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- V-Moda M-80 vs Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro Last post on 12/27/12 at 1:08am in Headphones (full-size)
- Amping Beyerdynamic Custom One Pros? Last post on 12/4/12 at 3:02pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Best headphones around 100$?Isolated Last post on 11/27/12 at 11:22pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro, Sennheiser HD25-1 II, or Ultrasone PRO 750 - College Student Last post on 12/21/12 at 10:42am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Headphone under $200? Last post on 2/26/13 at 2:35am in Headphones (full-size)
Grado Modification Overview
Edited on 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceEdited on 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeEdited on 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaEdited on 1/6/13
I bought these back in October and have only been able to enjoy them in the last couple of weeks (i.e. from late April 2013 after ordering in October 2012). I can't stress enough how important it...
Based in the reviews I read here I purchased the SR80i last July 2012. I thought they were way to bright, or as someone else said "ice picks" in the ears. I thought perhaps I needed an amp - and...
One channel of my Denon 250 pre-amp/amp set failed several times per listening session. So I bought the SMSL SA-98 in Hong Kong for a mere € 98,99 including transport. The trip from Hong Kong to...
Introduction First, I’d like to thank the folks at HiSoundAudio for sending me a sample of the Wooduo 2 in ear monitors for review. HiSoundAudio is a Chinese based headphone and earphone...
I ordered these when my Astrotec AM-90s finally bit the bullet. Liking them so far, however the Left side is cutting out possibly due to a short on the plug. Messaged HiFiMan and hope I get...
Beyerdynamic Custom Ones! New Beyer headphones! - Page 19post #271 of 91810/10/12 at 7:06pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #272 of 91810/10/12 at 7:45pmpost #273 of 91810/10/12 at 7:53pmpost #274 of 91810/10/12 at 8:06pmpost #275 of 91810/10/12 at 8:59pmQuote:Originally Posted by AudioAficionado
I've been looking at the C.O.P., but from the pictures, am I right to say that these are not that portable? I'm looking for a portable headphone (anything from something as small as the Klipsch Image One to the Audio-Technica M50) that does well in all types of music including hip-hop and classical, and has swivel and reversible earcups. So basically a portable "DJ-syle" headphone that's rugged and has balanced sound. From my above description, the C.O.P. is probably is not for me, right?
My Image One II came in today. I'll let you know how it compares.post #276 of 91810/11/12 at 12:07amQuote:
Aerosmith, that's more like POP music ;)post #277 of 91810/11/12 at 6:48ampost #278 of 91810/11/12 at 7:16ampost #279 of 91810/11/12 at 7:26am
I travel a lot...like 18 hours every week. California to Georgia and back..every week!
The COP is very comfortable and I have it on for 7-8 hours continuously. I just wish the mids were more prominent.post #280 of 91810/11/12 at 8:34ampost #281 of 91810/11/12 at 8:16pmQuote:
That was primarily why I sent them back, the recessed mids. I need a headphone that is more well-rounded.
Plus, the bass was boomy and loose, not tight and quick.
Edited by USAudio - 10/12/12 at 6:58ampost #282 of 91810/11/12 at 10:48pmI'd be interested in these, but would like to know which has more mids, the 770/80s or COP? The 770/80 has a gaping void, and if these have even more recessed mids, well, I'll pass.
Again more impressions with 770 velours would be nice.post #283 of 91810/11/12 at 11:17pm
I think the COP has a lot more midrange than what the DT770 Pro 80Ohm offered.post #284 of 91810/11/12 at 11:30pmHmm, ok. That sounds good. I'm just confused. The DT770/80 is still better? I wasn't a huge fan of them, mids aside. They weren't too clear in basically anything. If the COP is even less detailed, I dunno. Not worth it.post #285 of 91810/12/12 at 9:31amQuote:
Yes, you're right sirQuote:
I would say they're on different level. (And different sound sig too)
DT770/32 has character like combination between 770Pro/80 + 770Pro/250, but with improvement in term of black background and detail. I think Beyerdynamic re-design the driver special for 770/32 LE, not only just change the impedance.
Compare to COP, 770/32 LE has less bass body, but with much clearer presentation and detail in mid and treble. (not to say that 770/32 lack of bass, because the bass is still bigger then 770Pro/250)Quote:Quote:
COP has more forward presentation compare to 770Pro/80, but I don't think COP is more detail or clearer though.
Perhaps what you will like is 770/32 LE
Btw, adding a note, COP with DT880's velour pad doesn't sound harsh at all, it's still very smooth sounding with bigger soundstage and less bass body. (Which is I like)
- Beyerdynamic Custom Ones! New Beyer headphones!
- Headphone Impedance
- › The Xonar Essence STX Q/A, tweaking, impressions thread 22 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HDVD800 Headphone Amplifier 47 seconds ago
- › DX50 a new smaller DAP coming from iBasso. . .Specifications page... 54 seconds ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › The HeadAmp GS-X Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846: A New In-Ear Flagship From Shure. Finally!... 3 minutes ago
- › Heir Audio - The Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › FitEar Parterre (パルテール) Appreciation Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Unique Melody Miracle by Loquah
- › Grado SR80i Headphones by jeffphus
- › SMSL SA-98 Flagship-level Top HIFI Digital Big Power Amplifier... by REvandenBERG
- › Hisoundaudio Wooduo 2 by TheGame21x
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by TKWizard
- › Ultimate Ears 500 by lepermessiah
- › FiiO E09K by Bonavon Vovo
- › Aurisonics ASG-1 Rev 1.3 by kyuuketsuki
- › Audio Technica ATH-AD700 by sunnyape
- › Audeze LCD3 Planar Magnetic Headphone by dan.gheorghe
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Power Corner) by joe