rubbish! how is the COP not portable? besides, i'm replacing my HD-25 for one for portable use. For me, I don't exactly need a headphone to fold for me to call it portable. My idea of a portable headphone is something that blocks sound out decently well, comfortable, and of reasonable size.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Where can I go in NYS to test good headphones? Last post on 5/2/14 at 2:15pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Great Portable/Desktop Amp and DAC/SoundCard for Sennheiser HD 558s Last post on 12/29/13 at 12:30pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Finally asking for help. Last post on 11/17/13 at 11:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
- In Your Experience Does Beyerdynamic Have Good Warranty Service? Last post on 10/16/13 at 9:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Amp for around $100? Last post on 6/29/13 at 6:40pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Review: Cleer BT Bluetooth Wireless Headphone Touch Panel Control activated Introduction It was a brisk day in a suburb of Chicago, Illinois. I attended AXPONA, which is...
The Z2016. A strange beast that did have some potential Introduction Zhiyin is a name that has recently caused quite a stir here on Head-Fi after releasing their flagship model the QT5. Some...
Big thanks to InEar and Musicteck for providing a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. Manufacturer website:...
I still have yet to give anything 5 stars. The SR-202, for me, is a solid option for alternatives to the HD700, if you can find them without breaking the bank. I will start with the things I...
Fidue A65 Thanks to tony from hifiheadphones for letting me be part of the UK tour. TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS Drivers: Custom 8mm dynamic driver with Titanium...
Beyerdynamic Custom Ones! New Beyer headphones! - Page 19post #271 of 96310/10/12 at 7:06pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #272 of 96310/10/12 at 7:45pmpost #273 of 96310/10/12 at 7:53pmpost #274 of 96310/10/12 at 8:06pmpost #275 of 96310/10/12 at 8:59pmQuote:Originally Posted by AudioAficionado
I've been looking at the C.O.P., but from the pictures, am I right to say that these are not that portable? I'm looking for a portable headphone (anything from something as small as the Klipsch Image One to the Audio-Technica M50) that does well in all types of music including hip-hop and classical, and has swivel and reversible earcups. So basically a portable "DJ-syle" headphone that's rugged and has balanced sound. From my above description, the C.O.P. is probably is not for me, right?
My Image One II came in today. I'll let you know how it compares.post #276 of 96310/11/12 at 12:07amQuote:
Aerosmith, that's more like POP music ;)post #277 of 96310/11/12 at 6:48ampost #278 of 96310/11/12 at 7:16ampost #279 of 96310/11/12 at 7:26am
I travel a lot...like 18 hours every week. California to Georgia and back..every week!
The COP is very comfortable and I have it on for 7-8 hours continuously. I just wish the mids were more prominent.post #280 of 96310/11/12 at 8:34ampost #281 of 96310/11/12 at 8:16pmQuote:
That was primarily why I sent them back, the recessed mids. I need a headphone that is more well-rounded.
Plus, the bass was boomy and loose, not tight and quick.
Edited by USAudio - 10/12/12 at 6:58ampost #282 of 96310/11/12 at 10:48pmI'd be interested in these, but would like to know which has more mids, the 770/80s or COP? The 770/80 has a gaping void, and if these have even more recessed mids, well, I'll pass.
Again more impressions with 770 velours would be nice.post #283 of 96310/11/12 at 11:17pm
I think the COP has a lot more midrange than what the DT770 Pro 80Ohm offered.post #284 of 96310/11/12 at 11:30pmHmm, ok. That sounds good. I'm just confused. The DT770/80 is still better? I wasn't a huge fan of them, mids aside. They weren't too clear in basically anything. If the COP is even less detailed, I dunno. Not worth it.post #285 of 96310/12/12 at 9:31amQuote:
Yes, you're right sirQuote:
I would say they're on different level. (And different sound sig too)
DT770/32 has character like combination between 770Pro/80 + 770Pro/250, but with improvement in term of black background and detail. I think Beyerdynamic re-design the driver special for 770/32 LE, not only just change the impedance.
Compare to COP, 770/32 LE has less bass body, but with much clearer presentation and detail in mid and treble. (not to say that 770/32 lack of bass, because the bass is still bigger then 770Pro/250)Quote:Quote:
COP has more forward presentation compare to 770Pro/80, but I don't think COP is more detail or clearer though.
Perhaps what you will like is 770/32 LE
Btw, adding a note, COP with DT880's velour pad doesn't sound harsh at all, it's still very smooth sounding with bigger soundstage and less bass body. (Which is I like)
- Beyerdynamic Custom Ones! New Beyer headphones!
- Headphone Impedance
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 30 seconds ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 39 seconds ago
- › Asus Essence One Headphone Amp/DAC (CeBIT 2011) 1 minute ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum impressions thread 3 minutes ago
- › Little Dot I+ Tube Rolling 4 minutes ago
- › Trinity VYRUS IEM available for pre-order now! 5 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 6 minutes ago
- › Need help choosing high end headphones for games and music 9 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 10 minutes ago
- › Cleer BT Bluetooth Wireless Headphone by moedawg140
- › ZhiYin Z2016 by crabdog
- › InEar StageDiver SD-4 (Small) by twister6
- › Stax SR-202 by snapacap
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by Deftone
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Zen V2 by Aornic
- › Sennheiser HD 558 by Midgetguy
- › Pai Audio MR4 by HiFiChris
- › Echobox Audio Finder X1 by Hisoundfi
- › Alpha & Delta D2 by Hisoundfi
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...