rubbish! how is the COP not portable? besides, i'm replacing my HD-25 for one for portable use. For me, I don't exactly need a headphone to fold for me to call it portable. My idea of a portable headphone is something that blocks sound out decently well, comfortable, and of reasonable size.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Where can I go in NYS to test good headphones? Last post on 5/2/14 at 2:15pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Great Portable/Desktop Amp and DAC/SoundCard for Sennheiser HD 558s Last post on 12/29/13 at 12:30pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Finally asking for help. Last post on 11/17/13 at 11:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
- In Your Experience Does Beyerdynamic Have Good Warranty Service? Last post on 10/16/13 at 9:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Amp for around $100? Last post on 6/29/13 at 6:40pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
INTRODUCTION: Paw Gold is a high resolution music player from the brand Lotoo, that is part of the Beijing Infomedia Electronic Technology Co Ltd. It sports an industrial looking outer body...
Too much dirt and sibilance at 5.5-6.5KHz. Also they are not so murderous about bass as many people suggest. Characteristics (subjective, 10 max): Resolution:...
Preamble: Etymotic Research, founded in 1983 in the USA by Mead Killion (http://www.etymotic.com/about-us/interview-with-mead), a man that I highly respect, is widely...
It’s been a year since I started writing/filming reviews, and it all began with the ZMF Vibro Mk. I in cornflower blue. I found the sound very fun, found the bass ports interesting and thought they...
Accutone Pisces HD Review: Everything The Pisces Should Have Been This is another entry into my Accutone IEM marathon. For those of you who aren’t familiar with Accutone, they are a Chinese...
Beyerdynamic Custom Ones! New Beyer headphones! - Page 19post #271 of 96310/10/12 at 7:06pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #272 of 96310/10/12 at 7:45pmpost #273 of 96310/10/12 at 7:53pmpost #274 of 96310/10/12 at 8:06pmpost #275 of 96310/10/12 at 8:59pmQuote:Originally Posted by AudioAficionado
I've been looking at the C.O.P., but from the pictures, am I right to say that these are not that portable? I'm looking for a portable headphone (anything from something as small as the Klipsch Image One to the Audio-Technica M50) that does well in all types of music including hip-hop and classical, and has swivel and reversible earcups. So basically a portable "DJ-syle" headphone that's rugged and has balanced sound. From my above description, the C.O.P. is probably is not for me, right?
My Image One II came in today. I'll let you know how it compares.post #276 of 96310/11/12 at 12:07amQuote:
Aerosmith, that's more like POP music ;)post #277 of 96310/11/12 at 6:48ampost #278 of 96310/11/12 at 7:16ampost #279 of 96310/11/12 at 7:26am
I travel a lot...like 18 hours every week. California to Georgia and back..every week!
The COP is very comfortable and I have it on for 7-8 hours continuously. I just wish the mids were more prominent.post #280 of 96310/11/12 at 8:34ampost #281 of 96310/11/12 at 8:16pmQuote:
That was primarily why I sent them back, the recessed mids. I need a headphone that is more well-rounded.
Plus, the bass was boomy and loose, not tight and quick.
Edited by USAudio - 10/12/12 at 6:58ampost #282 of 96310/11/12 at 10:48pmI'd be interested in these, but would like to know which has more mids, the 770/80s or COP? The 770/80 has a gaping void, and if these have even more recessed mids, well, I'll pass.
Again more impressions with 770 velours would be nice.post #283 of 96310/11/12 at 11:17pm
I think the COP has a lot more midrange than what the DT770 Pro 80Ohm offered.post #284 of 96310/11/12 at 11:30pmHmm, ok. That sounds good. I'm just confused. The DT770/80 is still better? I wasn't a huge fan of them, mids aside. They weren't too clear in basically anything. If the COP is even less detailed, I dunno. Not worth it.post #285 of 96310/12/12 at 9:31amQuote:
Yes, you're right sirQuote:
I would say they're on different level. (And different sound sig too)
DT770/32 has character like combination between 770Pro/80 + 770Pro/250, but with improvement in term of black background and detail. I think Beyerdynamic re-design the driver special for 770/32 LE, not only just change the impedance.
Compare to COP, 770/32 LE has less bass body, but with much clearer presentation and detail in mid and treble. (not to say that 770/32 lack of bass, because the bass is still bigger then 770Pro/250)Quote:Quote:
COP has more forward presentation compare to 770Pro/80, but I don't think COP is more detail or clearer though.
Perhaps what you will like is 770/32 LE
Btw, adding a note, COP with DT880's velour pad doesn't sound harsh at all, it's still very smooth sounding with bigger soundstage and less bass body. (Which is I like)
- Beyerdynamic Custom Ones! New Beyer headphones!
- Headphone Impedance
- › Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz) 8 seconds ago
- › LG V20 Sound Quality 1 minute ago
- › AKG new N90Q 1 minute ago
- › 2017 UK Head-Fi Meet (April 2nd @ Milton Keynes) 1 minute ago
- › AKG's new K872? 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO Q5, Flagship DAC/Amp, an Dual DAC, USB/Optical/Coaxial/Line... 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HDVD800 Headphone Amplifier 4 minutes ago
- › iDSD micro Black Label. Tour details (page 147). Release info (page... 4 minutes ago
- › *Official Schiit Magni/Modi 2 ( Uber ) Thread* 5 minutes ago
- › DENAFRIPS 'ARES' R2R discrete ladder DAC - close up view 6 minutes ago
- › Superlux HD 681 by IkuMiku96
- › Lotoo Paw Gold by EagleWings
- › JVC HA-FX101 by PETEBULL
- › Etymotic ER4XR by HiFiChris
- › ZMF Headphones Eikon by Aornic
- › Accutone Pisces HD by Cinder
- › Beyerdynamic DT 480 by kman1211
- › Schiit Audio Yggdrasil by Currawong
- › oBravo ERIB-1C 2way planar magnetic hybrid by twister6
- › Astell & Kern AK Jr. Hi-Res Music Player 64GB by SkumBucket
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear