Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Great Portable/Desktop Amp and DAC/SoundCard for Sennheiser HD 558s Last post on 12/29/13 at 12:30pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Finally asking for help. Last post on 11/17/13 at 11:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Amp for around $100? Last post on 6/29/13 at 6:40pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- V-Moda M-80 vs Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro Last post on 12/27/12 at 1:08am in Headphones (full-size)
- Amping Beyerdynamic Custom One Pros? Last post on 12/4/12 at 3:02pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Disclaimer: a. I am in no way affiliated with Fiio b. The X1 audition was a part of a world tour audition. c. There is no monetary or in kind gain due to the audition. With the disclaimer...
I'd say this is a great set of IEMs for its price if you're looking for that consumer v-shaped sound sig. It's not the most balanced sound sig, but for what it is, it sounds pretty good. The mids...
As of September 2014, the HE-400 has been discontinued, and it's successor, the HE-400i is being sold in its place. So why publish, or even read, a review now? First, there are many used...
DAC OCU(B) 1866 — very interesting portable DAC/amp combo from Russian manufacturer Myst. Things I like: — Nice look. As OCUB is made in small quantities, it uses stock case, but case is fully...
Note: I'm not sure why, but for whatever reason the little bars at the side aren't matching what I put them to. Audio Quality, Design, and Value I all consider to be top notch, with comfort having...
Beyerdynamic Custom Ones! New Beyer headphones! - Page 15post #211 of 95910/3/12 at 4:18pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #212 of 95910/4/12 at 12:36ampost #213 of 95910/4/12 at 10:18ampost #214 of 95910/4/12 at 12:15pmpost #215 of 95910/4/12 at 2:06pmpost #216 of 95910/4/12 at 2:07pmQuote:
Yeah, I guess if you want over the ear HD25 will be extra bothersome cause of the clamp. I haven't heard the M-100, but I have some high hopes for it ^^
I'd say the COPs are also slightly V sounding, with some missing info in the midrange and low treble region. I'd say the HD25 is more forward, clean, and it is faster in pace. The COP's sound isn't as concentrated per say. The COP sounds a little off if all the bass ports aren't open. Maybe not off, more so just follow in a way. I personally like it for the bass, but I'd say in raw SQ the HD25 is well ahead. The COP will give better sub bass, and fuller bass overall. The treble also isn't quite as sharp, not that the HD25's are either.post #217 of 95910/4/12 at 2:17pmQuote:
Not even close compared to the T70P I recently sold. COP is downright muddy in comparison. The T70P was one of the cleanest, detailed headphones I've ever heard. The treble peak (which I'm very sensitive to) was the killer for me.post #218 of 95910/4/12 at 4:07pmQuote:
I'm sensitive to those peaks as well.
Looks like they've tamed the peak with the T5p ... too bad they're so expensive.post #219 of 95910/4/12 at 4:18pmQuote:Originally Posted by USAudio
I'm sensitive to those peaks as well.
Looks like they've tamed the peak with the T5p ... too bad they're so expensive.
Thanks for sharing the graph. Makes sense. I've always been interested in the T5P also but the price.post #220 of 95910/4/12 at 10:49pmpost #221 of 95910/5/12 at 1:30ampost #222 of 95910/7/12 at 9:13ampost #223 of 95910/7/12 at 11:03ampost #224 of 95910/7/12 at 11:55ampost #225 of 95910/7/12 at 12:01pm
I did get to try them out twice, but I'm still curious because I need to hear them fully burned-in and I haven't had a serious listen with them quite yet.
- Beyerdynamic Custom Ones! New Beyer headphones!
- Headphone Impedance
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 seconds ago
- › Headphone Sightings 2 37 seconds ago
- › Ultimate Sound Fair 2014 Jakarta Indonesia impression and report on... 1 minute ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 1 minute ago
- › The Audiophile Bass Lounge (Basshead club part II) 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 3 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 4 minutes ago
- › Will this converter work for the fiio x3 coaxial out??? 4 minutes ago
- › A New Apex product!!! Name it HERE!!! 7 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your *Budget-Fi* Portable Rig (< $200) 7 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by hitchhiker
- › Xiaomi Pistons 2.0 MK301 by Midgetguy
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by Rajikaru
- › MyST 1866 by cleg
- › The Enigma by Levaix
- › Bowers & Wilkins C5 S2 In-Ear Headphones, Black by twister6
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by twister6
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Kamakahah
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)