Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Beyerdynamic Custom Ones! New Beyer headphones!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Beyerdynamic Custom Ones! New Beyer headphones! - Page 12

post #166 of 958

Got my pair today from the soundearphones deal.  I can't speak as a headphone expert but as a moderate home theater guy I'm pretty happy.  For me out of the box the balance was quite nice.  Full bass without being boomy with forward mids and highs that aren't lost in the mix.  The bass selector does indeed have quite an effect on the sound.  I find myself mostly sitting at position 3 with sometimes venturing into 4. 

 

The only question I have as a relative noob to headphones is the volume.  Overall the volume suffices but its borders on a tad low for some live tunes I have.  Would people suggest using an amp with these headphones which run at 16ohms? Thanks for any help

post #167 of 958
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadmito View Post

Got my pair today from the soundearphones deal.  I can't speak as a headphone expert but as a moderate home theater guy I'm pretty happy.  For me out of the box the balance was quite nice.  Full bass without being boomy with forward mids and highs that aren't lost in the mix.  The bass selector does indeed have quite an effect on the sound.  I find myself mostly sitting at position 3 with sometimes venturing into 4. 

The only question I have as a relative noob to headphones is the volume.  Overall the volume suffices but its borders on a tad low for some live tunes I have.  Would people suggest using an amp with these headphones which run at 16ohms? Thanks for any help

Thanks for the initial impressions. Now I can't wait to check it out.
Reply
post #168 of 958
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadmito View Post

Got my pair today from the soundearphones deal.  I can't speak as a headphone expert but as a moderate home theater guy I'm pretty happy.  For me out of the box the balance was quite nice.  Full bass without being boomy with forward mids and highs that aren't lost in the mix.  The bass selector does indeed have quite an effect on the sound.  I find myself mostly sitting at position 3 with sometimes venturing into 4. 

 

The only question I have as a relative noob to headphones is the volume.  Overall the volume suffices but its borders on a tad low for some live tunes I have.  Would people suggest using an amp with these headphones which run at 16ohms? Thanks for any help

 

An amp could always help especially if you need more volume. I think one person has already mentioned the COP improving just a tad when amped. Just be careful when plugging them into a very powerful amp, since according the specs they are quite sensitive at 16 ohms, but a portable amp would be fine and might give you slightly better performance as well as more volume.

post #169 of 958

Hi,

 

Speaking of amps, I wouldn't plug these into a Lyr. That thing is so powerful it might blow these right out. It's rated at 4W @ 32Ohms, so the Custom One Pro might be getting more power than that, but I doubt it. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by devhen View Post

 

An amp could always help especially if you need more volume. I think one person has already mentioned the COP improving just a tad when amped. Just be careful when plugging them into a very powerful amp, since according the specs they are quite sensitive at 16 ohms, but a portable amp would be fine and might give you slightly better performance as well as more volume.

post #170 of 958
Thanks for the response fellas. So would a small, less expensive one like an E11 be ok?
post #171 of 958
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadmito View Post

Thanks for the response fellas. So would a small, less expensive one like an E11 be ok?

 

Yep that'll work. Let us know what you think of the combo.

post #172 of 958
question

if these are going to have a mic, were will the mic go? I'm guessing there a plug on one of the cups that it goes in to?

or will it be a built in cable mic?
post #173 of 958

I think they are thinking in the cable along with a volume and maybe play/pause button.  It isn't out yet but I took a cable from a pair of beats and plugged it in and its working perfectly. 

post #174 of 958

Since I suffered from sibilance when using the DT770, how are the highs and mid-highs on the COP compared to the DT770s?
 

post #175 of 958
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadmito View Post

I think they are thinking in the cable along with a volume and maybe play/pause button.  It isn't out yet but I took a cable from a pair of beats and plugged it in and its working perfectly. 

 

Did he say Beats?  gs1000.gif hahahhaa...

Reply
post #176 of 958
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFiGuy528 View Post

 

Did he say Beats?  gs1000.gif hahahhaa...

 

I can actually laugh with you now that I was gifted a pair :P

post #177 of 958

Received my pair today.  Nice robust looking cans.  Fits comfortably.  It actually sounds pretty good.  It's not mid-recessed to my ears.  Not a wide soundstage but pretty good for closed cans.  I owned the T70P before and thought the clarity was top notch but I couldn't stand the peaky treble and ultimately sold them.  These do not possess the peaky treble so far.  The bass is extra muddy on the last notch and unlistenable.  Third notch is ok but the second notch seems to be the sweet spot.  It's nice that I can move up notches depending on what song pops up.  Initial impressions are good enough that I will be ordering the velour pads.  

post #178 of 958
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBai View Post

Received my pair today.  Nice robust looking cans.  Fits comfortably.  It actually sounds pretty good.  It's not mid-recessed to my ears.  Not a wide soundstage but pretty good for closed cans.  I owned the T70P before and thought the clarity was top notch but I couldn't stand the peaky treble and ultimately sold them.  These do not possess the peaky treble so far.  The bass is extra muddy on the last notch and unlistenable.  Third notch is ok but the second notch seems to be the sweet spot.  It's nice that I can move up notches depending on what song pops up.  Initial impressions are good enough that I will be ordering the velour pads.  

 

Sounds positive.  Mine is on a UPS truck. :(

Reply
post #179 of 958
Great initial impressions Danny!
post #180 of 958
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBai View Post

Received my pair today.  Nice robust looking cans.  Fits comfortably.  It actually sounds pretty good.  It's not mid-recessed to my ears.  Not a wide soundstage but pretty good for closed cans.  I owned the T70P before and thought the clarity was top notch but I couldn't stand the peaky treble and ultimately sold them.  These do not possess the peaky treble so far.  The bass is extra muddy on the last notch and unlistenable.  Third notch is ok but the second notch seems to be the sweet spot.  It's nice that I can move up notches depending on what song pops up.  Initial impressions are good enough that I will be ordering the velour pads.  

 

Im getting tempted to buy one for me. Sounds promising. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Beyerdynamic Custom Ones! New Beyer headphones!