- 1,649 Posts. Joined 11/2009
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- No Owner Manual for Fii0 and a Bit Lost Last post on 4/5/11 at 6:57pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Questions on Fiio E7 Last post on 8/17/10 at 5:48am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Fiio E7 or Cmoy bass boost v2.02 Last post on 12/22/11 at 7:02pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- FiiO E7: Unboxed Production, "OH SO SHINY" (56k warning!) Last post on 2/23/11 at 7:07pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- [REVIEW] FiiO E7 USB DAC Headphone Amp Last post on 2/10/10 at 7:00pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
At the time of the review, the Venture Electronics Zen was on sale on the company’s Aliexpress store. Here is a link to their listing of the...
Lumia 640 LTE I never owned a portable device (apart from a Sony Walkman in the 80's) because I never felt the use of it. Just out of curiosity, not expecting much, I plugged my Sony MDR-Z7 in my...
MEElectronics/MEEaudio Introduction My experience with IEMs is short lived, but I've had fair enough experience to give you proper detailing. I mainly use detachable only, and can report from...
Introduction In audio circles, the word "endgame" generally refers to a headphone or audio chain component that is practically without fault, and performs at a high enough level to...
Would never dreamed of buying a pair of Beats but end up finding a pair for a rock bottom price(1/3 of the normal retail) so I thought what the heck. Just a side note, since they were...
- Headphone Impedance
Good news about Android phone supports digital audio output - Page 7
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Didnt feiao say it the E17 didn't work because of a possible lack of power?
i would wait till the first batch of official updates are rolled out, it could be a bug
You will haveto check USB host support, with Cyanogenmod it may very well, but don't know about stock kernel
You can do a check of the current phone and ROM by downloading USB Audio Tester But it needs a rooted phone.
Otherwise your going to haveto check with the manufacturer for the stock ROM.
But for custom roms like Cyanogenmod which does support USB audio and USB host, you will haveto check with the guy who put together the final ROM, its part of the kernel whether or not they implemented what is needed. SO basically:
Find out the ROM -> Find out the Kernel used in the ROM -> Find out if that kernel supports USB Host and USB audio (ALSA drivers)
for that you will haveto do a fair amount of digging.
My HTC HD2 modded running Cyanogenmod has more special requirements then most devices, it has the OS level support, and they have just got the HW level support but it has not yet filtered through into my particular ROM.
My ROM: Typhoon Cyanogenmod 7.2(android 2.3.7)
and it states it uses the tytung r14 kernel
My Kernel: tytung R14
and it states it uses ALSA sound drivers, which support USB audio.
Cyanogenmod Natively supports USB host. SO for most devices this would be it. End of story.
On my phone since its natively WinMo 6.0 things are different. It needs more hardware support.
and they have got USB Host working: here and has been said to work on Gingerbread, but it breaks ADB, which is not an option for me, so I have all the ingredients, but the cake is not finished baking.
Sorry I'm not good at smartphones, I don't know where to look for that info, I'll just... buy the Colorfly CK4 instead lol. =p
Lol yeah do that :) or wait until its standardized.
It seems that the SGS3 - FiiO E10 non-interworking cause is due to a buggy descriptor:
then do :) pair it with any driverless USB dac. and post the results. And mention ROMS/Kernels if you did flash new ROMS.
wow, I thought it was hard getting iphone to output digital lol. I havent checked this thread for ages and things dont seem to have changed at all. I use an iphone and would continue to for phonecalls, but would buy a GSII or other device used just to use as a transport for my portable dac. I can build the usb receiver->i2s convceror into a little module for my dac and give it its own power, but wont bother till its stable on something and that doesnt seem to be happening any time soon.
happy to be corrected there...
- Good news about Android phone supports digital audio output
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 4 minutes ago
- › EarSonics Velvet universal custom in ear monitor with three sound... 4 minutes ago
- › Mixing on headphones Myth 5 minutes ago
- › Project Ember Tube Rolling 6 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 7 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 8 minutes ago
- › Companies that take advantage of audio enthusiasts 8 minutes ago
- › Some People Remember How Equipment Sounds! 11 minutes ago
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 12 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 12 minutes ago
- › VE Zen by Hisoundfi
- › Lumia 640 LTE RM-1072 Black - Factory Unlocked - International... by Mink
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by whitemass
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by eke2k6
- › Beats Solo HD On-Ear Headphone by Skylarke
- › Heaven VII by peter123
- › Noble Audio BTS by HiFiChris
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Cagin
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by White Lotus
- › Etymotic ER-4P Portable In-Ear Earphones by ElMarcado
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3