- 1,499 Posts. Joined 11/2009
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- No Owner Manual for Fii0 and a Bit Lost Last post on 4/5/11 at 6:57pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Questions on Fiio E7 Last post on 8/17/10 at 5:48am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Fiio E7 or Cmoy bass boost v2.02 Last post on 12/22/11 at 7:02pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- FiiO E7: Unboxed Production, "OH SO SHINY" (56k warning!) Last post on 2/23/11 at 7:07pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- [REVIEW] FiiO E7 USB DAC Headphone Amp Last post on 2/10/10 at 7:00pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
This is a good amplifier in my limited experience, *but*, it might not better than some of the leading solid-state competitors in this price range ($500-600). I haven't compared it too, for...
Wonderful headset. Very underrated because razer gets a lot of hate for being mainstream
The Awei Q9s are really bang for bucks! You can't go wrong with these! Unless you have tiny ears... Packaging: the packaging is standard. It brings the S/M/L tips and a shirt-clip. However, the...
I just got these in from Koss today and initial impressions are incredibly positive. These are Koss' second best headphone available that I have tried (DJ100, DJ200, PRO4AA, PRO4AAT, PRO4AAAT, and...
Comfort and build quality these would not look out of place at £600. Out of all the headphones I have tried these have the best overall sound which works with every type of music and overall sound...
- Headphone Impedance
Good news about Android phone supports digital audio output - Page 7
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Didnt feiao say it the E17 didn't work because of a possible lack of power?
i would wait till the first batch of official updates are rolled out, it could be a bug
You will haveto check USB host support, with Cyanogenmod it may very well, but don't know about stock kernel
You can do a check of the current phone and ROM by downloading USB Audio Tester But it needs a rooted phone.
Otherwise your going to haveto check with the manufacturer for the stock ROM.
But for custom roms like Cyanogenmod which does support USB audio and USB host, you will haveto check with the guy who put together the final ROM, its part of the kernel whether or not they implemented what is needed. SO basically:
Find out the ROM -> Find out the Kernel used in the ROM -> Find out if that kernel supports USB Host and USB audio (ALSA drivers)
for that you will haveto do a fair amount of digging.
My HTC HD2 modded running Cyanogenmod has more special requirements then most devices, it has the OS level support, and they have just got the HW level support but it has not yet filtered through into my particular ROM.
My ROM: Typhoon Cyanogenmod 7.2(android 2.3.7)
and it states it uses the tytung r14 kernel
My Kernel: tytung R14
and it states it uses ALSA sound drivers, which support USB audio.
Cyanogenmod Natively supports USB host. SO for most devices this would be it. End of story.
On my phone since its natively WinMo 6.0 things are different. It needs more hardware support.
and they have got USB Host working: here and has been said to work on Gingerbread, but it breaks ADB, which is not an option for me, so I have all the ingredients, but the cake is not finished baking.
Sorry I'm not good at smartphones, I don't know where to look for that info, I'll just... buy the Colorfly CK4 instead lol. =p
Lol yeah do that :) or wait until its standardized.
It seems that the SGS3 - FiiO E10 non-interworking cause is due to a buggy descriptor:
then do :) pair it with any driverless USB dac. and post the results. And mention ROMS/Kernels if you did flash new ROMS.
wow, I thought it was hard getting iphone to output digital lol. I havent checked this thread for ages and things dont seem to have changed at all. I use an iphone and would continue to for phonecalls, but would buy a GSII or other device used just to use as a transport for my portable dac. I can build the usb receiver->i2s convceror into a little module for my dac and give it its own power, but wont bother till its stable on something and that doesnt seem to be happening any time soon.
happy to be corrected there...
- Good news about Android phone supports digital audio output
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Post Your Photography Here #2 (new dial-up 800X600 friendly) 5 seconds ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 6 seconds ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 35 seconds ago
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Amperior Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Member-Judged Fine Art Head-Fi Gallery 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › NEW Schiit Lyr 2: Impressions 2 minutes ago
- › BlackBerry Passport 2 minutes ago
- › New Release! The K7XX Massdrop First Edition - an exclusive from... 4 minutes ago
- › Lehmann Rhinelander by jdpark
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by kigisaru
- › AWEI ES-Q9 Super Bass Wooden Earphones Headphones Headsets Fiber... by Mellowship
- › Koss Pro4S Full Size Studio Headphones, Black with Silver Trim by Zombie_X
- › Shure SRH1540 Headphones by nicholars
- › Sony MDREX10LP/BLK In-Ear Headphones by originalgusbus
- › Shure Sound Isolating Earphone SE315 Hi-Definition Micro Speaker... by acain
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 102 iE In-Ear Headphones (Silver) by Zero Decibels
- › Hidizs AP100 Portable HiFi Audio Player in Black / Silver White by YoYo JoKeR
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by heovuitinh
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)