- 1,663 Posts. Joined 11/2009
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- No Owner Manual for Fii0 and a Bit Lost Last post on 4/5/11 at 6:57pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Questions on Fiio E7 Last post on 8/17/10 at 5:48am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Fiio E7 or Cmoy bass boost v2.02 Last post on 12/22/11 at 7:02pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- FiiO E7: Unboxed Production, "OH SO SHINY" (56k warning!) Last post on 2/23/11 at 7:07pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- [REVIEW] FiiO E7 USB DAC Headphone Amp Last post on 2/10/10 at 7:00pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
For larger (1200 x 800) images - simply click the photo INTRODUCTION I don’t think there would be many people of my vintage who are into computer audio, and haven’t heard of Creative Labs. My...
q-Jays - Purity and Elegance ^ 2 https://www.jays.se/products/q-jays/ I received q-Jays as a loan in the tour on the Danish head-fi community forum www.hoved-fi.dk Courtesy of Claus....
[Originally reviewed at Basshead.Club] How do they do it? Brainwavz continues to impress with its budget-friendly new Jive IEM for Android and iOS devices. Brainwavz Jive In the...
This is my review for the new S3 from Brainwavz. Nicknamed the silver bullet for it's silver color and long slender shape. Thanks to Brainwavz for the S3 review sample. I have previously had the...
Hi all, I just want to say that it's my first review done on a product but I'm very proud to do it on a FIIO product. Review of the new FIIO EX1 In-ear Monitors. I will use the EX1 with the FIIO X1...
- Headphone Impedance
Good news about Android phone supports digital audio output - Page 7
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Didnt feiao say it the E17 didn't work because of a possible lack of power?
i would wait till the first batch of official updates are rolled out, it could be a bug
You will haveto check USB host support, with Cyanogenmod it may very well, but don't know about stock kernel
You can do a check of the current phone and ROM by downloading USB Audio Tester But it needs a rooted phone.
Otherwise your going to haveto check with the manufacturer for the stock ROM.
But for custom roms like Cyanogenmod which does support USB audio and USB host, you will haveto check with the guy who put together the final ROM, its part of the kernel whether or not they implemented what is needed. SO basically:
Find out the ROM -> Find out the Kernel used in the ROM -> Find out if that kernel supports USB Host and USB audio (ALSA drivers)
for that you will haveto do a fair amount of digging.
My HTC HD2 modded running Cyanogenmod has more special requirements then most devices, it has the OS level support, and they have just got the HW level support but it has not yet filtered through into my particular ROM.
My ROM: Typhoon Cyanogenmod 7.2(android 2.3.7)
and it states it uses the tytung r14 kernel
My Kernel: tytung R14
and it states it uses ALSA sound drivers, which support USB audio.
Cyanogenmod Natively supports USB host. SO for most devices this would be it. End of story.
On my phone since its natively WinMo 6.0 things are different. It needs more hardware support.
and they have got USB Host working: here and has been said to work on Gingerbread, but it breaks ADB, which is not an option for me, so I have all the ingredients, but the cake is not finished baking.
Sorry I'm not good at smartphones, I don't know where to look for that info, I'll just... buy the Colorfly CK4 instead lol. =p
Lol yeah do that :) or wait until its standardized.
It seems that the SGS3 - FiiO E10 non-interworking cause is due to a buggy descriptor:
then do :) pair it with any driverless USB dac. and post the results. And mention ROMS/Kernels if you did flash new ROMS.
wow, I thought it was hard getting iphone to output digital lol. I havent checked this thread for ages and things dont seem to have changed at all. I use an iphone and would continue to for phonecalls, but would buy a GSII or other device used just to use as a transport for my portable dac. I can build the usb receiver->i2s convceror into a little module for my dac and give it its own power, but wont bother till its stable on something and that doesnt seem to be happening any time soon.
happy to be corrected there...
- Good news about Android phone supports digital audio output
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Hifiman Edition X 58 seconds ago
- › IN EAR headphones, ~200usd, The Weeknd, RHA t10i 1 minute ago
- › Audeze LCD2 Rev.1 1 minute ago
- › FS - Premium R-2R AD1865-based DAC with tube analog stage. 3 minutes ago
- › Zorloo Z:ero Digital Earphone Review by mark2410 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum Over Ear 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › WTB: 230V Schiit Valhalla 2 (AUS) 7 minutes ago
- › Grado SR225 Thread 7 minutes ago
- › LG V10 : New ESS Chipped Flagship Android Phone from LG 9 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster Roar 2 Portable NFC Bluetooth Speaker with... by Brooko
- › Jays q-JAYS v2.0 by rasmushorn
- › Brainwavz Jive by Luckbad
- › Brainwavz S3 by jant71
- › FiiO EX1 Nanotech Titanium Diaphragm In-Ear Monitors by pixelsphotopro
- › RHA T20 by earfonia
- › Woo Audio WA22 by tassardar
- › CustomArt Ei.XX 6-driver CIEM - MassDrop edition by twister6
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by LaRevolu
- › Nuforce NE800M by Dsnuts
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2