Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › Good news about Android phone supports digital audio output
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Good news about Android phone supports digital audio output - Page 17

post #241 of 253
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiR3D View Post


The E17 has a buggy descriptor so it won't work. Unless you patch the ALSA driver with a fix.

USB sound test

Test usb audio .

I tried to connect my Fiio E17 external DAC to the Thrive . The app I used was 'usbaudiotester root'. To my supprise the output through USB to the amp/dac E17 was a succes. The app uses the microphone - Thrive - and outputs thisVia USB to the amp/dac ... I could listen to the stream with my attached headphone.

Next step : using a media player app and streaming audio to the dac still doesn't work.I think the CM10 - Thrive is able to stream audio to an external dac - BYPASSING the poor analog sound of the thrive - To an external digital to analog converter/amp and thus giving finally an audiophile sound to the user.

I think we just need an app that can divert the digital audio stream to the USB portPlease help search an app because this is actually a HYPE on every audio forum. At this time only the Archos 9 isThe only tablet that has audio usb supportThanks for your support

This was the app that pushed audio through USB

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...=search_result

thanks again!
post #242 of 253

whats the name of the app u tried to link to? The link resolves to "https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...=search_result" literally. 

post #243 of 253
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by teddytejero View Post


USB sound test

Test usb audio .
I tried to connect my Fiio E17 external DAC to the Thrive . The app I used was 'usbaudiotester root'. To my supprise the output through USB to the amp/dac E17 was a succes. The app uses the microphone - Thrive - and outputs thisVia USB to the amp/dac ... I could listen to the stream with my attached headphone.
Next step : using a media player app and streaming audio to the dac still doesn't work.I think the CM10 - Thrive is able to stream audio to an external dac - BYPASSING the poor analog sound of the thrive - To an external digital to analog converter/amp and thus giving finally an audiophile sound to the user.
I think we just need an app that can divert the digital audio stream to the USB portPlease help search an app because this is actually a HYPE on every audio forum. At this time only the Archos 9 isThe only tablet that has audio usb supportThanks for your support
This was the app that pushed audio through USB
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...=search_result
thanks again!

 

 

Can't find the APPS, it is a great news to so many user who have E17 and GALAXY S3.

post #244 of 253
Quote:
Originally Posted by feiao View Post

Can't find the APPS, it is a great news to so many user who have E17 and GALAXY S3.

Actually I just think its a lenient kernal / ALSA driver,  which Samsung can do officially, if you can get them to that is...

post #245 of 253

I'm having trouble understanding the subject of this thread. Does the CyanogenMod allow audio via usb or not?

post #246 of 253
Quote:
Originally Posted by TjPhysicist View Post

whats the name of the app u tried to link to? The link resolves to "https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...=search_result
" literally. 
The app I tried was :

Usb audio tester root

Have to say again clearly 'This app pushes the audio captured from the microphone through the usb port towards the dac amp E17'

I tried to motivate the devs from the Toshiba Thrive forum to look into this but no luck ...
post #247 of 253
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcfac73 View Post

I'm having trouble understanding the subject of this thread. Does the CyanogenMod allow audio via usb or not?
I'm on CM 10 - U4 . Actually everything is there to push audio through the USB. Only need to find an app - develop an app - that channels audio towards the USB port !

There is a new version of the usb audio tester root app. Maybe someone should contact the developer

Pls test your device and send reports

TT:)
post #248 of 253
Quote:
Originally Posted by teddytejero View Post


USB sound test

Test usb audio .

I tried to connect my Fiio E17 external DAC to the Thrive . The app I used was 'usbaudiotester root'. To my supprise the output through USB to the amp/dac E17 was a succes. The app uses the microphone - Thrive - and outputs thisVia USB to the amp/dac ... I could listen to the stream with my attached headphone.

Next step : using a media player app and streaming audio to the dac still doesn't work.I think the CM10 - Thrive is able to stream audio to an external dac - BYPASSING the poor analog sound of the thrive - To an external digital to analog converter/amp and thus giving finally an audiophile sound to the user.

I think we just need an app that can divert the digital audio stream to the USB portPlease help search an app because this is actually a HYPE on every audio forum. At this time only the Archos 9 isThe only tablet that has audio usb supportThanks for your support

This was the app that pushed audio through USB

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...=search_result

thanks again!

Hmm, interesting...  So essentially this would prove that it isn't a limitation of interfacing between the the S3 and the E17, like power or whatever else it may be (which never made sense to me in the first place since the E17 could be self-powered), right?  This function is otherwise useless.  Unless I'm missing something, I couldn't think of a reason to output the recorded sound of the mic and the phone's ADC to an external DAC.  The only point would be to hear yourself I guess more accurately if that's what you're doing.  I guess with something like the E17, it also gives a line-out option real-time for that particular recording.  I definitely feel like I'm missing something though because I don't have the phone and have no idea what "Thrive" is.  Is that the name of the mic/ADC or some sort of software protocol?..  Lol, and thanks for the discovery.  I'm surprsied nobody has jumped on this yet...  Why not?


Edited by Typhoon859 - 1/30/13 at 2:45am
post #249 of 253
Quote:
Originally Posted by teddytejero View Post

I think we just need an app that can divert the digital audio stream to the USB portPlease help search an app because this is actually a HYPE on every audio forum. At this time only the Archos 9 isThe only tablet that has audio usb supportThanks for your support
 

 

Thanks for your post, but just to correct this one little point - the Galaxy Note 10.1 also supports USB audio natively.

post #250 of 253
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesFiiO View Post

some updated news about Android decoder.

 

1, the Android 4.41 will supports record features which means we may add the talk function into our E18, so you don't need to unplug the headphone and plug to the phone again just for talking. 

 

 

2, we will add some remote control function in the DAC, like the play/stop, preview, next keys.

 

 

3, The Android phone can't be charged in USB audio mode. means we are considering to give up the idea to charge the phone by the DAC build in battery.

 

I'm really looking forward to this! Androids really need a proper way for digital audio out to a dac. I would buy one in a heartbeat! dt880smile.png

 

beerchug.gif

post #251 of 253
Quote:
Originally Posted by devhen View Post

 

I'm really looking forward to this! Androids really need a proper way for digital audio out to a dac. I would buy one in a heartbeat! dt880smile.png

 

beerchug.gif

 

Several already do, and an increasing number this year will follow suite. So far Samsung have added it to the S3/Note 2/Note 10.1, and every recent model HTC seems to have it on their Jelly Bean updates too (I've personally confirmed with my HTC Butterfly, and a number of people have confirmed with the One X on Jelly Bean firmwares, although HTCs support is not as broad as Samsungs for now). Many other 'Droids with USB OTG will also be able to support USB audio via the USB Audio Recorder app, although that isn't anywhere near as good a solution for music playback as proper native support.

post #252 of 253

So, when can we expect a micro usb to mini usb OTG cable from FiiO?

post #253 of 253

Announcement from Cypher Labs: AlgoRhythm Solo –dB plays high resolution tracks on Android devices.

 

Tracks of resolutions up to 24/192 now play from Android devices through the AlgoRhythm Solo –dB, at full resolution in asynchronous mode. Simply load tracks, or entire folders of tracks, onto a micro SD card, connect the devices and play tracks using a USB audio application USB Audio Recorder Pro.

 

Get the full details here http://cypherlabs.com/blog/post/android-devices-play-high-resolution-audio-using-the-algorhythm-solo-db

 

Thanks,

 

David Maudlin

Cypher Labs

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › Good news about Android phone supports digital audio output