so i really dont understand most of you on this site lol youre so technically above me i just need a simple answer from any of you please. does the fioo e17 work with the samsung galaxy player 5.0?? thanks
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- No Owner Manual for Fii0 and a Bit Lost Last post on 4/5/11 at 6:57pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Questions on Fiio E7 Last post on 8/17/10 at 5:48am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Fiio E7 or Cmoy bass boost v2.02 Last post on 12/22/11 at 7:02pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- FiiO E7: Unboxed Production, "OH SO SHINY" (56k warning!) Last post on 2/23/11 at 7:07pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- [REVIEW] FiiO E7 USB DAC Headphone Amp Last post on 2/10/10 at 7:00pm in Portable Headphone Amps
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
Last edited: 7/26/13
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
UnboxingUpon unboxing, I knew what the Sony MDR-1R MK2's were intended for; luxury. It came with a box very similar to the Sennheiser HD800's packaging, very pleasing to open and everything felt of...
I have passed on buying these because i generally do not play follow the leader well,so I was bidding on a set of Sennheiser HD 598s and was outbid at the last minute but wanted something new so...
Summary I've had these for about a week now, and I have to say I like them more each day. At first I was rather worried about purchasing them, because other reviews were saying that the bass...
I want to thanks Vincent from IFI who has sent me the sample for the review. In the past, on my site www.stereo-head.it and on head fi, I’ve already reviewed some IFI’s electronics and i...
Disclosure: I received these headphones from Sony Australia as a review sample to keep. Here is my video review of the 10R, as well as some brief notes about the sound and build of the...
Good news about Android phone supports digital audio output - Page 16
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #227 of 2539/12/12 at 6:46pmThread StarterQuote:
E17 can not work with samsung galaxy player 5.0 directly.post #228 of 2539/12/12 at 7:22pm
are you going to push through making amp/dac for android phones? =)post #229 of 2539/14/12 at 5:40am
thanks for your help. if not directly what components or mods would be necessary. the galaxy player would be perfect for me but i dont want to sacrifice sound quality so i need a portable dac/amp for it plus the e17 just looks sexy
Edited by justparty - 9/14/12 at 6:01ampost #230 of 2539/14/12 at 8:43am
the e17 needs more power then a phone or galaxy device can give via usb, you can make it work, by patching the alsa driver, and by supplying extra power. No easy fix, no firmware fix possible. Understand that?
Also @feiao congratulations, the E18 sounds good. what you may want to do is allow the user to chose, when he is not using the device he can switch it to "charge mode" and it will charge the phone, but when he does use it, he is forced to usb accessory mode.
that way charging is still possible.post #231 of 2539/14/12 at 9:32amThread Starter
You can only switcher on your Android phone when you want to charge it. not on the USB device .
Most Android phones have a build in switcher , so the micro usb pin can switcher from usb storage, usb OTG, charging , data transfer and so on,post #232 of 2539/14/12 at 10:52amQuote:
then I see no problem.
Maybe I should just make a little widget that you use on the home screen to switch at a single click.post #233 of 2539/16/12 at 11:06am
There are already some widgets that will allow for USB fast charging when connected to car chargers (kernel support required.) I know the same can be accomplished via scripts. One can create shortcuts that start a script with Script Manager.
I wonder what the app Stickmount is doing exactly? It allows for mounting thumbdrives or harddrive partitions.
post #234 of 2539/16/12 at 4:45pmpost #235 of 25310/18/12 at 4:39am
hey guys, just thought i'd post this here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1930664
it's a bounty attempting to sway a developer to introduce the USB audio (external DAC support) feature on AOKP or CM10. so far we've raised the bounty to a bit under $600.
no it does not. it supports a google specified method where the DAC is a USB host, not the other way around. this requires a new class of device that does not currently exist.
Edited by atmospheric - 10/18/12 at 4:41ampost #236 of 25310/18/12 at 5:00amSorry, I don’t understand what your guys want.The stock Samsung Galaxy S III can output a USB audio stream while being charged with a Y-cable."I bought Behringer UCA222 USB DAC and tested it in my car with the USB OTG cable with power from ebay that I mentioned before. It works great! And the phone is indicating a charge."post #237 of 25310/18/12 at 7:11amQuote:Originally Posted by DanBaSorry, I don’t understand what your guys want.The stock Samsung Galaxy S III can output a USB audio stream while being charged with a Y-cable."I bought Behringer UCA222 USB DAC and tested it in my car with the USB OTG cable with power from ebay that I mentioned before. It works great! And the phone is indicating a charge."
we want this support in CM10 and AOKP so that CM10/AOKP compatible devices (most of them!) are capable of using USB audio. On the Samsung Galaxy S III USB AUO is only supported on the stock ROM/kernel.post #238 of 25311/14/12 at 11:50amQuote:I have a Toshiba 10'' Tablet and I'm running CM10. The E17 doesn`t work. The Usb app detects that Usb host is enabled but fails to load an specific driver
missing S3C USB driver to get USB audio working!post #239 of 25311/14/12 at 9:28pmQuote:
Yup. This functionality usually has to be implemented by the manufacturer (like in the case of Samsung and Archos).
Kojakupost #240 of 25311/14/12 at 10:47pmQuote:Quote:
The E17 has a buggy descriptor so it won't work. Unless you patch the ALSA driver with a fix.
- Good news about Android phone supports digital audio output
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and... 45 seconds ago
- › Comparisons: 13 of the Top Closed/Portable Headphones Around 48 seconds ago
- › Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones 1 minute ago
- › Ranking of 21 DACs and DAC Configurations (and why chocolate ice... 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › AKG K812 Pro 2 minutes ago
- › Perfect Sound Dido D901 Mini-Tour | reviews, discussion,... 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 2 minutes ago
- › Computer speakers 2.1 setup around 100$ 2 minutes ago
- › The Sub-$200 Portable Amps Shootout – 13 (+11) amps compared 4 minutes ago
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by Nec3
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by turbomustang84
- › Superlux HD669 by mang0
- › IFI Gemini usb cable by turo91
- › Sony Over-Ear Headphones - MDR-10R by a_recording
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by kuhchuk
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by ashton18
- › Sennheiser IE800 by ag8908
- › Pioneer SE-CL721-K Headphones, Black/Red by tswmcello
- › Colorfly C3 by svyr
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by gelocks
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude