so i really dont understand most of you on this site lol youre so technically above me i just need a simple answer from any of you please. does the fioo e17 work with the samsung galaxy player 5.0?? thanks
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- No Owner Manual for Fii0 and a Bit Lost Last post on 4/5/11 at 6:57pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Questions on Fiio E7 Last post on 8/17/10 at 5:48am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Fiio E7 or Cmoy bass boost v2.02 Last post on 12/22/11 at 7:02pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- FiiO E7: Unboxed Production, "OH SO SHINY" (56k warning!) Last post on 2/23/11 at 7:07pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- [REVIEW] FiiO E7 USB DAC Headphone Amp Last post on 2/10/10 at 7:00pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Ok first I need to say that I'm not an audiophile, and I use this site mostly for help than giving advise whit that told I will continue I've owned this headset for more than a year and they...
I brought these on sale at Best Buy for $44, the price they are at right now are a absolute rip off. ($110) Logitech have discontinued these, I will take a guess in my review why that...
Synopsis: The Future Sonics MG5pro is a professional stage monitor for audiophiles. It offers a different tuning than its brother, the fully stage-oriented MG6pro, by offering a brighter, more...
i've read a number of reviews around the net which criticize the k812's for harsh treble and limited bass - all i can say is that my experience with these 'phones does NOT bear that out. the bass...
I like to mod…yes, I am one of those head-fiers. My specific area of interest is Grados, and wooden cups for them. I delight in sourcing cups, finding the drivers, and transforming a prosaic...
- Headphone Impedance
Good news about Android phone supports digital audio output - Page 16
Gear mentioned in this thread:
E17 can not work with samsung galaxy player 5.0 directly.
are you going to push through making amp/dac for android phones? =)
thanks for your help. if not directly what components or mods would be necessary. the galaxy player would be perfect for me but i dont want to sacrifice sound quality so i need a portable dac/amp for it plus the e17 just looks sexy
Edited by justparty - 9/14/12 at 6:01am
the e17 needs more power then a phone or galaxy device can give via usb, you can make it work, by patching the alsa driver, and by supplying extra power. No easy fix, no firmware fix possible. Understand that?
Also @feiao congratulations, the E18 sounds good. what you may want to do is allow the user to chose, when he is not using the device he can switch it to "charge mode" and it will charge the phone, but when he does use it, he is forced to usb accessory mode.
that way charging is still possible.
You can only switcher on your Android phone when you want to charge it. not on the USB device .
Most Android phones have a build in switcher , so the micro usb pin can switcher from usb storage, usb OTG, charging , data transfer and so on,
then I see no problem.
Maybe I should just make a little widget that you use on the home screen to switch at a single click.
There are already some widgets that will allow for USB fast charging when connected to car chargers (kernel support required.) I know the same can be accomplished via scripts. One can create shortcuts that start a script with Script Manager.
I wonder what the app Stickmount is doing exactly? It allows for mounting thumbdrives or harddrive partitions.
hey guys, just thought i'd post this here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1930664
it's a bounty attempting to sway a developer to introduce the USB audio (external DAC support) feature on AOKP or CM10. so far we've raised the bounty to a bit under $600.
no it does not. it supports a google specified method where the DAC is a USB host, not the other way around. this requires a new class of device that does not currently exist.
Edited by atmospheric - 10/18/12 at 4:41am
we want this support in CM10 and AOKP so that CM10/AOKP compatible devices (most of them!) are capable of using USB audio. On the Samsung Galaxy S III USB AUO is only supported on the stock ROM/kernel.
missing S3C USB driver to get USB audio working!
Yup. This functionality usually has to be implemented by the manufacturer (like in the case of Samsung and Archos).
The E17 has a buggy descriptor so it won't work. Unless you patch the ALSA driver with a fix.
- Good news about Android phone supports digital audio output
- › Question about a Y adapter 7 seconds ago
- › Best looking tube amp 2 minutes ago
- › MCINTOSH LABS INTRODUCES NEW HEADPHONE AMP MODEL MHA 100 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › Review and comparison of DUNU DN-1000, DN-2000, & JVC HA-FX850 5 minutes ago
- › Tekfusion® Twinwoofers® In-Ear Headphones - Reviewers Needed! 5 minutes ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 5 minutes ago
- › Just listened to some Fostex T50RPs today... WOW! 5 minutes ago
- › Creative Titanium HD VS dedicated DAC 6 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Astro A40 Audio System - White by MaxiMarciano
- › Logitech Z553 2.1 Speakers by Nada190
- › Future Sonics mg5pro 10mm Ear Monitors by Kunlun
- › AKG K812 by jk47
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by fleasbaby
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by francopro
- › NarMoo R1M High-Fidelity Noise Isolation Headphones with Mic by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by ash47
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by shak85
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)