so i really dont understand most of you on this site lol youre so technically above me i just need a simple answer from any of you please. does the fioo e17 work with the samsung galaxy player 5.0?? thanks
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- No Owner Manual for Fii0 and a Bit Lost Last post on 4/5/11 at 6:57pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Questions on Fiio E7 Last post on 8/17/10 at 5:48am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Fiio E7 or Cmoy bass boost v2.02 Last post on 12/22/11 at 7:02pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- FiiO E7: Unboxed Production, "OH SO SHINY" (56k warning!) Last post on 2/23/11 at 7:07pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- [REVIEW] FiiO E7 USB DAC Headphone Amp Last post on 2/10/10 at 7:00pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
This is a good amplifier in my limited experience, *but*, it might not better than some of the leading solid-state competitors in this price range ($500-600). I haven't compared it too, for...
Wonderful headset. Very underrated because razer gets a lot of hate for being mainstream
The Awei Q9s are really bang for bucks! You can't go wrong with these! Unless you have tiny ears... Packaging: the packaging is standard. It brings the S/M/L tips and a shirt-clip. However, the...
I just got these in from Koss today and initial impressions are incredibly positive. These are Koss' second best headphone available that I have tried (DJ100, DJ200, PRO4AA, PRO4AAT, PRO4AAAT, and...
Comfort and build quality these would not look out of place at £600. Out of all the headphones I have tried these have the best overall sound which works with every type of music and overall sound...
- Headphone Impedance
Good news about Android phone supports digital audio output - Page 16
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
E17 can not work with samsung galaxy player 5.0 directly.
are you going to push through making amp/dac for android phones? =)
thanks for your help. if not directly what components or mods would be necessary. the galaxy player would be perfect for me but i dont want to sacrifice sound quality so i need a portable dac/amp for it plus the e17 just looks sexy
Edited by justparty - 9/14/12 at 6:01am
the e17 needs more power then a phone or galaxy device can give via usb, you can make it work, by patching the alsa driver, and by supplying extra power. No easy fix, no firmware fix possible. Understand that?
Also @feiao congratulations, the E18 sounds good. what you may want to do is allow the user to chose, when he is not using the device he can switch it to "charge mode" and it will charge the phone, but when he does use it, he is forced to usb accessory mode.
that way charging is still possible.
You can only switcher on your Android phone when you want to charge it. not on the USB device .
Most Android phones have a build in switcher , so the micro usb pin can switcher from usb storage, usb OTG, charging , data transfer and so on,
then I see no problem.
Maybe I should just make a little widget that you use on the home screen to switch at a single click.
There are already some widgets that will allow for USB fast charging when connected to car chargers (kernel support required.) I know the same can be accomplished via scripts. One can create shortcuts that start a script with Script Manager.
I wonder what the app Stickmount is doing exactly? It allows for mounting thumbdrives or harddrive partitions.
hey guys, just thought i'd post this here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1930664
it's a bounty attempting to sway a developer to introduce the USB audio (external DAC support) feature on AOKP or CM10. so far we've raised the bounty to a bit under $600.
no it does not. it supports a google specified method where the DAC is a USB host, not the other way around. this requires a new class of device that does not currently exist.
Edited by atmospheric - 10/18/12 at 4:41am
we want this support in CM10 and AOKP so that CM10/AOKP compatible devices (most of them!) are capable of using USB audio. On the Samsung Galaxy S III USB AUO is only supported on the stock ROM/kernel.
missing S3C USB driver to get USB audio working!
Yup. This functionality usually has to be implemented by the manufacturer (like in the case of Samsung and Archos).
The E17 has a buggy descriptor so it won't work. Unless you patch the ALSA driver with a fix.
- Good news about Android phone supports digital audio output
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › NEW! SONY NWZ-A10 Series Walkman. Micro SD Card Slot! 1 minute ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha PRIME: Impressions and Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT 150: Bloody Brilliant! 2 minutes ago
- › New from Garage1217, the solid-state Project Polaris! 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 2 minutes ago
- › New M8 DAC from SMSL (9018/XMOS) 3 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 4 minutes ago
- › REVIEW: Fidue A31s & A63 - New contenders 5 minutes ago
- › Lehmann Rhinelander by jdpark
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by kigisaru
- › AWEI ES-Q9 Super Bass Wooden Earphones Headphones Headsets Fiber... by Mellowship
- › Koss Pro4S Full Size Studio Headphones, Black with Silver Trim by Zombie_X
- › Shure SRH1540 Headphones by nicholars
- › Sony MDREX10LP/BLK In-Ear Headphones by originalgusbus
- › Shure Sound Isolating Earphone SE315 Hi-Definition Micro Speaker... by acain
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 102 iE In-Ear Headphones (Silver) by Zero Decibels
- › Hidizs AP100 Portable HiFi Audio Player in Black / Silver White by YoYo JoKeR
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by heovuitinh
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)