so i really dont understand most of you on this site lol youre so technically above me i just need a simple answer from any of you please. does the fioo e17 work with the samsung galaxy player 5.0?? thanks
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- No Owner Manual for Fii0 and a Bit Lost Last post on 4/5/11 at 6:57pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Questions on Fiio E7 Last post on 8/17/10 at 5:48am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Fiio E7 or Cmoy bass boost v2.02 Last post on 12/22/11 at 7:02pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- FiiO E7: Unboxed Production, "OH SO SHINY" (56k warning!) Last post on 2/23/11 at 7:07pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- [REVIEW] FiiO E7 USB DAC Headphone Amp Last post on 2/10/10 at 7:00pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the...
These headphones are a steal for the msrp price (don't mind that I got a killer deal). I haven't heard any headphone come close to achieving the textures achieved by the PSBs. The chunkiness...
I bought this headphone as part of a search for an birthday present for my little brother (going for that brother of the year award, he deserved it). I tested and listened to the DT 770 pro 32 ohm...
Intro/Setup The full-size closed under $200 category is a very popular one among pro’s and casual listeners alike. The most similar competitor to this I own is the Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro...
Fantastic sound quality! Very clean, detailed and balanced sound. Really strong power for high impedance headphones. Best buy until US 250,00.. It can drive easily my AKG K702 (famous for being...
- Headphone Impedance
Good news about Android phone supports digital audio output - Page 16
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
E17 can not work with samsung galaxy player 5.0 directly.
are you going to push through making amp/dac for android phones? =)
thanks for your help. if not directly what components or mods would be necessary. the galaxy player would be perfect for me but i dont want to sacrifice sound quality so i need a portable dac/amp for it plus the e17 just looks sexy
Edited by justparty - 9/14/12 at 6:01am
the e17 needs more power then a phone or galaxy device can give via usb, you can make it work, by patching the alsa driver, and by supplying extra power. No easy fix, no firmware fix possible. Understand that?
Also @feiao congratulations, the E18 sounds good. what you may want to do is allow the user to chose, when he is not using the device he can switch it to "charge mode" and it will charge the phone, but when he does use it, he is forced to usb accessory mode.
that way charging is still possible.
You can only switcher on your Android phone when you want to charge it. not on the USB device .
Most Android phones have a build in switcher , so the micro usb pin can switcher from usb storage, usb OTG, charging , data transfer and so on,
then I see no problem.
Maybe I should just make a little widget that you use on the home screen to switch at a single click.
There are already some widgets that will allow for USB fast charging when connected to car chargers (kernel support required.) I know the same can be accomplished via scripts. One can create shortcuts that start a script with Script Manager.
I wonder what the app Stickmount is doing exactly? It allows for mounting thumbdrives or harddrive partitions.
hey guys, just thought i'd post this here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1930664
it's a bounty attempting to sway a developer to introduce the USB audio (external DAC support) feature on AOKP or CM10. so far we've raised the bounty to a bit under $600.
no it does not. it supports a google specified method where the DAC is a USB host, not the other way around. this requires a new class of device that does not currently exist.
Edited by atmospheric - 10/18/12 at 4:41am
we want this support in CM10 and AOKP so that CM10/AOKP compatible devices (most of them!) are capable of using USB audio. On the Samsung Galaxy S III USB AUO is only supported on the stock ROM/kernel.
missing S3C USB driver to get USB audio working!
Yup. This functionality usually has to be implemented by the manufacturer (like in the case of Samsung and Archos).
The E17 has a buggy descriptor so it won't work. Unless you patch the ALSA driver with a fix.
- Good news about Android phone supports digital audio output
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 1 minute ago
- › Chord Hugo 3 minutes ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why delta-sigma sucks) 4 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 4 minutes ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 4 minutes ago
- › Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon &... 4 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 5 minutes ago
- › DENON DA-10 DSD - New portable DAC/Headphone AMP 5 minutes ago
- › AK 240 Stainless Steel Edition is The Best AK 240 Ever Made like... 8 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 8 minutes ago
- › MEElectronics A151P Gen.2 Balanced Armature In-Ear Monitors by YoYo JoKeR
- › PSB M4U 1 by squee116
- › Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro Limited Edition 32 Ohm by goropeza
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by rigodeni
- › Matrix M-Stage by Johannus
- › Pioneer HDJ-2000 Reference Professional Dj Headphones by Johannus
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by Johannus
- › AKG K 702 Black by Johannus
- › AKG K 702 Headphones by Johannus
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Johannus
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2