so i really dont understand most of you on this site lol youre so technically above me i just need a simple answer from any of you please. does the fioo e17 work with the samsung galaxy player 5.0?? thanks
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- No Owner Manual for Fii0 and a Bit Lost Last post on 4/5/11 at 6:57pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Questions on Fiio E7 Last post on 8/17/10 at 5:48am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Fiio E7 or Cmoy bass boost v2.02 Last post on 12/22/11 at 7:02pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- FiiO E7: Unboxed Production, "OH SO SHINY" (56k warning!) Last post on 2/23/11 at 7:07pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- [REVIEW] FiiO E7 USB DAC Headphone Amp Last post on 2/10/10 at 7:00pm in Portable Headphone Amps
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
Last edited: 7/26/13
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
The short and simple of it is this is the best DAP for the price I have owned. I have used all the main stream players, (IPods, Zune, Creative Zen Player, etc) and I will never go back. Besides the...
I really like this headphone. I've been trying various headphones in this pricerange, and decided on this one. But maybe the Price is a bit too high, when comparing to the first Creative...
As I contemplated giving these a go, I became aware that there was one thing that I wasn't too thrilled about. No mic or controls. I am a person constantly on the go, so most of my listening...
Introduction - The HD 518's are the starter model in the Sennheiser's audiophile range. They are really VFM and a good starter audiophile headphone for people who are looking into going the...
I got these on a pawn shop deal, and wanted some cheap headphones that could deliver for what I was looking for. An all-arounder that provided clarity, good bass, nice treble, and handled all...
Good news about Android phone supports digital audio output - Page 16
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #227 of 2539/12/12 at 6:46pmThread StarterQuote:
E17 can not work with samsung galaxy player 5.0 directly.post #228 of 2539/12/12 at 7:22pm
are you going to push through making amp/dac for android phones? =)post #229 of 2539/14/12 at 5:40am
thanks for your help. if not directly what components or mods would be necessary. the galaxy player would be perfect for me but i dont want to sacrifice sound quality so i need a portable dac/amp for it plus the e17 just looks sexy
Edited by justparty - 9/14/12 at 6:01ampost #230 of 2539/14/12 at 8:43am
the e17 needs more power then a phone or galaxy device can give via usb, you can make it work, by patching the alsa driver, and by supplying extra power. No easy fix, no firmware fix possible. Understand that?
Also @feiao congratulations, the E18 sounds good. what you may want to do is allow the user to chose, when he is not using the device he can switch it to "charge mode" and it will charge the phone, but when he does use it, he is forced to usb accessory mode.
that way charging is still possible.post #231 of 2539/14/12 at 9:32amThread Starter
You can only switcher on your Android phone when you want to charge it. not on the USB device .
Most Android phones have a build in switcher , so the micro usb pin can switcher from usb storage, usb OTG, charging , data transfer and so on,post #232 of 2539/14/12 at 10:52amQuote:
then I see no problem.
Maybe I should just make a little widget that you use on the home screen to switch at a single click.post #233 of 2539/16/12 at 11:06am
There are already some widgets that will allow for USB fast charging when connected to car chargers (kernel support required.) I know the same can be accomplished via scripts. One can create shortcuts that start a script with Script Manager.
I wonder what the app Stickmount is doing exactly? It allows for mounting thumbdrives or harddrive partitions.
post #234 of 2539/16/12 at 4:45pmpost #235 of 25310/18/12 at 4:39am
hey guys, just thought i'd post this here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1930664
it's a bounty attempting to sway a developer to introduce the USB audio (external DAC support) feature on AOKP or CM10. so far we've raised the bounty to a bit under $600.
no it does not. it supports a google specified method where the DAC is a USB host, not the other way around. this requires a new class of device that does not currently exist.
Edited by atmospheric - 10/18/12 at 4:41ampost #236 of 25310/18/12 at 5:00amSorry, I don’t understand what your guys want.The stock Samsung Galaxy S III can output a USB audio stream while being charged with a Y-cable."I bought Behringer UCA222 USB DAC and tested it in my car with the USB OTG cable with power from ebay that I mentioned before. It works great! And the phone is indicating a charge."post #237 of 25310/18/12 at 7:11amQuote:Originally Posted by DanBaSorry, I don’t understand what your guys want.The stock Samsung Galaxy S III can output a USB audio stream while being charged with a Y-cable."I bought Behringer UCA222 USB DAC and tested it in my car with the USB OTG cable with power from ebay that I mentioned before. It works great! And the phone is indicating a charge."
we want this support in CM10 and AOKP so that CM10/AOKP compatible devices (most of them!) are capable of using USB audio. On the Samsung Galaxy S III USB AUO is only supported on the stock ROM/kernel.post #238 of 25311/14/12 at 11:50amQuote:I have a Toshiba 10'' Tablet and I'm running CM10. The E17 doesn`t work. The Usb app detects that Usb host is enabled but fails to load an specific driver
missing S3C USB driver to get USB audio working!post #239 of 25311/14/12 at 9:28pmQuote:
Yup. This functionality usually has to be implemented by the manufacturer (like in the case of Samsung and Archos).
Kojakupost #240 of 25311/14/12 at 10:47pmQuote:Quote:
The E17 has a buggy descriptor so it won't work. Unless you patch the ALSA driver with a fix.
- Good news about Android phone supports digital audio output
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Centrance Dacport LX - Mint! 6 seconds ago
- › Numbers,.... Male vs Female HeadFiers? 22 seconds ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 1 minute ago
- › Abbingdon Music Research DP-777 Thread 1 minute ago
- › Concise Multi-IEM Comparison (FINAL UPDATE March. 1st, 2013) 2 minutes ago
- › Help Me Decide On An Entry-Level Pair of Cans, Currently choosing... 3 minutes ago
- › Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Focal Spirit Classic vs Focal Spirit Professional Vs Bowers &... 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Owner's Club / Appreciation /... 4 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production... 4 minutes ago
- › COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) by lexangl
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by TThorsen
- › EB92 In-Ear MicroFit Monitors by MadMusicJunkie
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by xoriac
- › Roland RH-200 Monitor Headphones by IEMagnet01
- › Perfect Sound d901b by gelocks
- › Sony MDR-7520 Professional Headphones by groovyd
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Joe-Siow
- › Sony NWZ-A818 8GB by stuartfang
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by adevriesc
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe