Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › What's the best fiio LOD? Gonna get the E17 for my ipod touch
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What's the best fiio LOD? Gonna get the E17 for my ipod touch

post #1 of 14
Thread Starter 

I already have the E9 and HD600 which I'm using for my computer but now that tghe E17 is finally available on miccastore im gonna get the E17 and finally use it for my ipod touch but just need to know which is the best fiio lod I should get.

post #2 of 14

to connect our E17 with your iPod touch, L9 maybe the best because it use L type connector, and there are not any different between L3 and L9 expect this. btw, you can refer to below summary about all our LOD cable

 

 

Model

 Drawing

 Conductor  Length  Plug  Special for
 L1  20123171743519.jpg  OFC  10CM  3.5 male  iPod/iPhone/iPad
 L10 2012324931834.jpg   OFC  50CM  3.5 male  iPod/iPhone/iPad(In the car)
 L3 20123231731111.jpg  PCOCC-A  8CM  3.5 male  iPod/iPhone/iPad
 L30 2012324942553.jpg   PCOCC-A  100CM  3.5 male  iPod/iPhone/iPad
 L5 20123231731221.jpg  PCOCC-A  8CM  3.5 male  SONY Walkman
 L50 2012324949709.jpg  PCOCC-A  100CM  3.5 male  SONY Walkman
 L9 20123231731455.jpg  PCOCC-A  5.5CM  3.5 male "L"shape  iPod/iPhone
 L2 20123231732393.jpg   PCOCC-A  10CM  Two 3.5 male  
 L8 20123231732455.jpg   PCOCC-A  7CM  Two 3.5 male "L"shape  

 

post #3 of 14

I didn't know FiiO had new LODs! I definitely will be buying the L10 to replace my L3, the added cable length will be perfect!

post #4 of 14

I was using the L9, it's really nice because it's compact and everything's right-angled.  I just switched over to a SendStation LOD with Fiio L8 cable though, because I wanted to be able to use the LOD while charging.  Before the SendStation + L8, I had an L2 I would use from headphone port on iPod to my amp when the dock connector was busy for charging.

post #5 of 14

+1 for L9

post #6 of 14

+2 for L9.

post #7 of 14

L3 is the same gauge cabling as L9.

The only difference is L9 has L shaped jack, slightly different size docking port, and shorter cable 

post #8 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post

L3 is the same gauge cabling as L9.

The only difference is L9 has L shaped jack, slightly different size docking port, and shorter cable 


 

Precisely the 3 reasons the L9 is way better than the L3! :D

 

post #9 of 14

Hello there. I'm planning to buy the Fiio E6. There's a free L2 3.5mm cable together with the package. My source is an iPod Touch 4 and i want to buy a LOD but i'm confused if i'll buy a Fiio L11 since E6 comes with an L2 already or i'll buy the Fiio L3. Do you think there's a sound difference between the two? Can i control the volume of my ipod if i'll use the fiio L11 together with the free L2?

post #10 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiss3r View Post

Hello there. I'm planning to buy the Fiio E6. There's a free L2 3.5mm cable together with the package. My source is an iPod Touch 4 and i want to buy a LOD but i'm confused if i'll buy a Fiio L11 since E6 comes with an L2 already or i'll buy the Fiio L3. Do you think there's a sound difference between the two? Can i control the volume of my ipod if i'll use the fiio L11 together with the free L2?

 

three different way to connect E6 to iPod touch 4.

 

1, Used L2 to connect to the headphone out of Touch4, it is simple and you can still use the volume/EQ in Touch 4.

 

2, Buy a L11, connect the L11 to the dock of the Touch 4 , connect the line out of L11 to E6 with L2, and you can't use the volume/EQ in Touch4. but you can charge your Touch4 at the same time.

 

3, Buy a L3/L9, it depend on you , but most people will like to buy the L9 because the connector is " L " type,  you can't use the volume/EQ in Touch4.or charge your Touch4 at the same time.

 

The SQ of the headphone out of Touch4 is not as good as the line out signal from the dock.

 

For more detail please visit our website there are detail compare between each line out cable. http://fiio.com.cn/products/index.aspx?ID=100000033169373&MenuID=105026015

post #11 of 14
I noticed that when i connect a LOD on my ipod's dock, the volume is already controlled by the amp. And i also notice that the sound is better when i used LOD compare to L2..

Is there any sound difference between L11, L3 and L9?
post #12 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiss3r View Post

I noticed that when i connect a LOD on my ipod's dock, the volume is already controlled by the amp. And i also notice that the sound is better when i used LOD compare to L2..
Is there any sound difference between L11, L3 and L9?

I have the L11 and L3 and they sound the same to me.

post #13 of 14

excuse me for being a rookie.  Can you use say either an l3 or l8 in an iphone?  whats the difference in sound if you can?

post #14 of 14

If James could answer a question from me about the fiio l5 for the sony walkman,it works perfect with my x1050 and A865 but on my f805 it only works on one channel,should it be ok on the f805 or is the lineout faulty.cheers.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › What's the best fiio LOD? Gonna get the E17 for my ipod touch