Head-Fi.org › Forums › Head-Fi Network & Industry News › 2011 Tokyo Headphone Festival - Head-Fi TV
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

2011 Tokyo Headphone Festival - Head-Fi TV - Page 4

post #46 of 104

Thanks for awesome video!

 

And happy to find my name on this video... :-)

 

 

 

 

Jude work so hard! ^^

 

jude1.jpg

 

Finding some product...

 

 

 

 

 

jude2.jpg

 

Shooting.

 

 

 

jude3.jpg

 

Listening.

 

 

 

 

jude4.jpg

 

Hope to see you again on next tokyo headphone show!

 

post #47 of 104

Good stuff. 30 minute episode is the pay off for all the waiting. :D

 

Definitely want to go (I could see it happening at the fall show in 2013) some day. I think I'd just take a ton of money and blow it all on new toys. Sounds way more fun than just having them slowly trickle in via online buys.

post #48 of 104

I'm definitely visiting Tokyo one day in the future with LOADS of cash just for headphones. My jaw dropped when i saw those headphone stores.

 

The Fostex TH900 and the Audio-Technica 3000ANV look Amazing! I have never seen wood look so stylish before! Just like those wooden Iphone cases (How much are they? And could i use them for an IPod Touch since they are practically alike in design? lol)!

 

Sadly those two headphones are out of my budget for my age. I'll stick to being a proud owner of V-Moda M-80s. :P

 

Edit: Would the wood happen to be Hacoa? Having trouble finding those cases with the art online. :|


Edited by Mike96 - 4/7/12 at 8:56am
post #49 of 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike96 View Post

Edit: Would the wood happen to be Hacoa? Having trouble finding those cases with the art online. :|



Here is some info on those cases:  http://en.gem-zk.jp/cover.html

post #50 of 104
I'm interested in those cardboard listening booths. Would be nice to have one at each meet.
post #51 of 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkubota1 View Post



Here is some info on those cases:  http://en.gem-zk.jp/cover.html



Thanks! But after looking, can i assume that these cases are available in Japan only?

post #52 of 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike96 View Post



Thanks! But after looking, can i assume that these cases are available in Japan only?



AFAIK, they have no distribution outside of the Japan.  But if you are interested, you could email them.  They speak English perfectly.  (I say that b/c it's not always the case.)

post #53 of 104

The wait was well worth the surprise and delight of watching you talk so passionately about headphones, can,t wait to see more!

post #54 of 104

Are there any such store in the US where you could just go in and try top tier headphones?

 

Great video btw...enjoyed every minute!

post #55 of 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObeyurMaster View Post

Are there any such store in the US where you could just go in and try top tier headphones?

 

Great video btw...enjoyed every minute!


Yes, there are some stores in the US to try out some top tier headphones.

 

post #56 of 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkubota1 View Post



Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

I can imagine the faces of the owners (especially Boo's) when they found out it was Jude and Head-Fi'ers visiting. Even more so during the Vmoda booths when the Japanese there found out it was the founder himself that was visiting.


There was a funny story about that ('Boo'):  Arnaud was with Val and talking to the guys there (at e-earphone).  And although Arnaud speaks Japanese quite well, it somehow wasn't coming across that Val was the actual owner of V-MODA.  I guess Val's photo is on the box of the LP2s; so Arnaud grabbed one of the boxes and pointed to it... and the lights went on big time!  They sort of jumped back, started to bow- the whole thing.  It was pretty hilarious!  dt880smile.png


Hehe, actually it was something that happened with the clerc,not boo himself. I didn't introduce val and he didn't introduce himself either, so yeah, there was a bit of a surprise moment and change in attitude when I said who he was (disbelief reaction) and val pointed to the vmoda case with his picture behind the counter (shock) wink.gif. Then, they ran to the back office to bring the owner boo wink.gif. We got to do that again, it was fun wink.gif.

Congrats to Jude and Joe for the video report, neat. I was expecting more video but indeed, we didn't leave you guys any chance to record things with the busy schedule! I am not happy with the editing of the video at fujiya though: I specifically said I found the m80 to sound terrible hence my head nodding, next thing I know, Jude spins that into rav impressions! Kidding, it's a neat little bit of engineering and glad V-moda is getting more and more popular on thse boards.
Edited by arnaud - 4/7/12 at 5:55pm
post #57 of 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by arnaud View Post


Hehe, actually it was something that happened with the clerc,not boo himself. I didn't introduce val and he didn't introduce himself either, so yeah, there was a bit of a surprise moment and change in attitude when I said who he was (disbelief reaction) and val pointed to the vmoda case with his picture behind the counter (shock) wink.gif. Then, they ran to the back office to bring the owner boo wink.gif. We got to do that again, it was fun wink.gif.
 


Ahhh.. that makes sense.. glad you cleared that up!  I wish I had my camera out at that moment.  On a different note, I really need to hanami one of these days.  smile.gif

post #58 of 104

When is this coming out on your other distribution methods?

post #59 of 104

Super Duper episode Jude, thoroughly enjoyed watching it, thanks and very jealous 

post #60 of 104
Happy Birthday to Val today! My birthday is tomorrow!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Head-Fi Network & Industry News
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Head-Fi Network & Industry News › 2011 Tokyo Headphone Festival - Head-Fi TV