or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The ATH-CKS77. - Page 88

post #1306 of 1512

The CKM500 are still pretty bassy. They should still be good for dubstep and stuff too. For a while i thought they were great for pretty much everything. My tatses have been changing and eventually i just wanted something truly neutral. At this point i dont want any more bass than what my GR01's have, especially for rock and metal. Im still holding onto my CKM500's though in case one day im in a more bass heavy mood. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AciD3X View Post

Hmmm, well I guess I listen to the four most deversive genre for music huh? I'd say that I listen to more dubstep, d&b and hip-hop lately than anything else but can always keep my ksc75's in laptop bag if I want to listen to something heavier? Would that make the cks77 more worth it? I would also probably listen to the genres that sound the best more often on the headphones I get.
post #1307 of 1512

Thanks for the suggestions. I ended up picking up a pair of Audiofly AF45m's today and will give them a week or so. If I don't like them I'll return them and get the ATH77's I think.

post #1308 of 1512

AciD3X, the CKS77 sound best with EDM here. Even with the eq set for bass down and mids up, I find that rock / metal still sounds terrible. For example, Tool really does sound pretty bad no matter what I do. I think it has something to do with how sluggish and hard to blend the mids are. Without eq at all, rock and metal sound incredibly "rumbly". 

post #1309 of 1512
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonb View Post

The CKM500 are still pretty bassy. They should still be good for dubstep and stuff too. For a while i thought they were great for pretty much everything. My tatses have been changing and eventually i just wanted something truly neutral. At this point i dont want any more bass than what my GR01's have, especially for rock and metal. Im still holding onto my CKM500's though in case one day im in a more bass heavy mood. 

 

I ended up buying some GR07 MKII's. :D Soooo happy!

post #1310 of 1512

Wow CKS 77 really that good !!!

I am really hope I had the budget to buy CKS 77 but it is too exp for me

So I already bought CKS 55 but I am quite happy with it too

Does CKS 55 really not good ? Is it worth for me to upgrade to cks 77 if I got budget in future ?

post #1311 of 1512
Thread Starter 

Yes, But if you do have the CKS55. It will make them sound much better with the filter removed from the nozzle. I would try that. The lack of clarity on the CKS55 was bothersome for me. The CKS77 is on another tier of sound vs the CKS55.

post #1312 of 1512
My gr07 mkii is on the way too....gonna get them next friday smily_headphones1.gif
post #1313 of 1512

Thanks for helping me

BTW how to remove the filter ? Is it danger to remove the filter ... hmmm any after-effect ?
 

post #1314 of 1512
hello. Very interested in a pair of these. Just wondering if these are suitable for working out in the gym (cardio/weight). And also how's the build quality.

Thank you smily_headphones1.gif
post #1315 of 1512

Hey what does the filter mod do for these CKS77s?
More Bass or Clarity?
Thanks

post #1316 of 1512
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlvinSii91 View Post

Thanks for helping me

BTW how to remove the filter ? Is it danger to remove the filter ... hmmm any after-effect ?
 

Just take a sharp pin and poke a hole in the filter paper on the nozzle and just take it out. Gives you much clarity that was not there before this mod.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjayviper View Post

hello. Very interested in a pair of these. Just wondering if these are suitable for working out in the gym (cardio/weight). And also how's the build quality.
Thank you smily_headphones1.gif

Yes they are built strong however. They do have much microphonics. The ones I would suggest for gym use would be something cheap like a JVC FX101 sounds great but with nice bass on them for $15.. These are more for causal use. These are $100 earphones after all. 

post #1317 of 1512
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omnom View Post

Hey what does the filter mod do for these CKS77s?
More Bass or Clarity?
Thanks


Increase Clarity, Reduce Bass.

post #1318 of 1512

I used to find these earphones almost unlistenable because of the amount of bass, but I did the mod and I am loving them. The bass is still massive but there is a clarity which wasn't there before. I still can't bellieve these are related to the glorious WS55, but the mod is such an upgrade, I'm so happy I did it.

post #1319 of 1512
Has anyone bought from ebay specifically a seller names artistic.life? they are selling them at a lower price (not massively lower) compared to others. just wondering what's the deal with that.

Can someone describe how to do the filter mod? thanks! smily_headphones1.gif
post #1320 of 1512
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacrifice13 View Post

I used to find these earphones almost unlistenable because of the amount of bass, but I did the mod and I am loving them. The bass is still massive but there is a clarity which wasn't there before. I still can't bellieve these are related to the glorious WS55, but the mod is such an upgrade, I'm so happy I did it.


Thanks for giving me an idea of what the ws55 sound like.  you just saved me a purchase (well re-stocking fee) lol.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: