- 6,340 Posts. Joined 8/2011
- Location: Tokyo, Japan
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ** Sony MDR MA900 Review ** Last post on 5/26/14 at 5:31am in Headphones (full-size)
- NEW! Sony MDR-MA900 headphones. My Impressions video Last post on 4/26/13 at 9:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- NEW! Sony MDR-MA900 unboxing video & impressions Last post on 6/6/12 at 8:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sony MDR-XB1000 is NO LONGER AVAILABLE. WHAT???? Last post on 7/31/13 at 3:32am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sony MDR-CD950 Last post on 2/10/12 at 5:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 7/31/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
At the time of the review, the Venture Electronics Zen was on sale on the company’s Aliexpress store. Here is a link to their listing of the...
Lumia 640 LTE I never owned a portable device (apart from a Sony Walkman in the 80's) because I never felt the use of it. Just out of curiosity, not expecting much, I plugged my Sony MDR-Z7 in my...
MEElectronics/MEEaudio Introduction My experience with IEMs is short lived, but I've had fair enough experience to give you proper detailing. I mainly use detachable only, and can report from...
Introduction In audio circles, the word "endgame" generally refers to a headphone or audio chain component that is practically without fault, and performs at a high enough level to...
Would never dreamed of buying a pair of Beats but end up finding a pair for a rock bottom price(1/3 of the normal retail) so I thought what the heck. Just a side note, since they were...
Sony MDR MA 900 (new release from Sony) - Page 6post #76 of 7714/15/12 at 5:10amI was using my DX100. Yeah I'll try to head back to give a better listen. I was distracted & was focused more on the FitEar MH334 so I didn't want to take up too much of their time demoing so many head/earphones.
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #77 of 7714/15/12 at 5:12ampost #78 of 7714/15/12 at 11:18amThread Starter
i wonder why Sony is the only company coming out with drivers larger than around 50mm [audio technica has 53 mm in a lot of their models. otherwise, i think 50mm is the largest i've seen]. i understand that there are drawbacks to larger drivers but with technology, including new materials, i'd think that there would be more larger driver headphones by now. Also, there aren't too many multi-driver full size headphones [in contrast, there are dual dynamic driver in ear monitors]. maybe this has to due with the difficulty in getting the coherence at the distance that full size headphones' drivers are from the ears. the Klipsch Mode has a tweeter and main driver and the upcoming Final Audio Design Muramasa has two drivers.
[note: I know very little physics, so these could be dumb questions].post #79 of 7714/15/12 at 11:22amhttp://www.headphone.com/rightbetweenyourears/?p=117
Then of course there's the popular planar magnetic brands such as Audez'e and Hifiman-- all of which use large drivers. And they're hifi staples on head-fi.post #80 of 7714/15/12 at 11:35amThread Starter
i forgot about the HD800. speaking of which, would Sennheiser be able to tune it differently to be a somewhat bassy/fun headphone with incredibly textured and deep bass?post #81 of 7714/15/12 at 5:38pmpost #82 of 7714/16/12 at 11:39ampost #83 of 7714/16/12 at 2:40pmpost #84 of 7714/16/12 at 3:40pmpost #85 of 7714/16/12 at 3:50pm
They are not available to purchase anywhere right now, nobody has them except a few shops in Japan carrying demos which can't be purchased ( as far as I am aware ) They are due for release sometime around the end of the month to the first week of May.post #86 of 7714/16/12 at 4:41pm
"In stock, estimated ship date 4/17/2012."
May be a fluke, may be a pre-order, I don't know. I just know it's said "In stock" for a week or so now. Someone try it and find out - lol.post #87 of 7714/16/12 at 4:55pmpost #88 of 7714/16/12 at 5:42pmQuote:
Sony doesn't seem to understand a lot of things
It's like the PS3. So many cores and such a complicated coding, developers found it difficult to make games. I don't know why but I've got a feeling this headphone will have a major flaw somewhere or another, a headphone that does it all? If the sound is worthy of it's price tag then I won't mind paying it, but at the moment, it's the major flaw, at least here in England anyway. I know I've probably repeated myself like 3 times now. I'm just dying from upgraditis. The only headphone I've got atm are the $30 Panasonics and I desperately want to upgrade.post #89 of 7714/16/12 at 5:55pm
Over the past few weeks, the listing went out of stock, then back in stock a few times yet nobody at Sony really cared enough to tell anyone its a pre order, but everyone else carrying the Ma900 slaps a big PRE ORDER sticker on the ad listing. Sony...ugh.post #90 of 7714/16/12 at 6:14pmQuote:
I noticed the out of stock sign on the American website. I thought everyone had bought it all on the first day, which seemed a little weird. Headphone releases aren't as big as lets say console launches. Shouldn't go out of stock so soon.
- Sony MDR MA 900 (new release from Sony)
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Headphone Impedance
- › New DAPs from HIFIMAN: HM901U, HM802U, HM700s (and 2 new amp cards) 13 seconds ago
- › Good headphone recommendations? 1 minute ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 1 minute ago
- › AKG K3003 High End 3 Way System Headphone 3 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 4 minutes ago
- › post your grado mods.... 5 minutes ago
- › Questyle QP1 5 minutes ago
- › Help to looking for a special headphone [ TO ALL USERS ] 8 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 9 minutes ago
- › VE Zen by Hisoundfi
- › Lumia 640 LTE RM-1072 Black - Factory Unlocked - International... by Mink
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by whitemass
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by eke2k6
- › Beats Solo HD On-Ear Headphone by Skylarke
- › Heaven VII by peter123
- › Noble Audio BTS by HiFiChris
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Cagin
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by White Lotus
- › Etymotic ER-4P Portable In-Ear Earphones by ElMarcado
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3