- 6,950 Posts. Joined 8/2011
- Location: Tokyo, Japan
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ** Sony MDR MA900 Review ** Last post on 5/26/14 at 5:31am in Headphones (full-size)
- NEW! Sony MDR-MA900 headphones. My Impressions video Last post on 4/26/13 at 9:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- NEW! Sony MDR-MA900 unboxing video & impressions Last post on 6/6/12 at 8:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sony MDR-XB1000 is NO LONGER AVAILABLE. WHAT???? Last post on 7/31/13 at 3:32am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sony MDR-CD950 Last post on 2/10/12 at 5:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Soundaware M1 Pro / “Esther” – initial impressions I had the opportunity to listen to the Soundaware M1 Pro as part of the recent UK and North American tours that the company have...
Bought these after receiving the Massdrop HE-350s which were just too treble-forward for my taste. I listen to a lot of music when at work. Desk space is limited, so I can't justify running an...
When i first got the Cayin iHA-6 and iDAC-6 combo and paired it with my HD800S, i wasn't too thrilled. Compared to my previous HDVD800, there was more detail present from the dac, but it came with...
For larger views of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION I can remember when I first joined Head-Fi, I started with some pretty cheap gear, and I...
At the time this review was written, the TFZ Series 3 was listed for sale on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to their listing of the...
Sony MDR MA 900 (new release from Sony) - Page 6post #76 of 7724/15/12 at 5:10amI was using my DX100. Yeah I'll try to head back to give a better listen. I was distracted & was focused more on the FitEar MH334 so I didn't want to take up too much of their time demoing so many head/earphones.
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #77 of 7724/15/12 at 5:12ampost #78 of 7724/15/12 at 11:18amThread Starter
i wonder why Sony is the only company coming out with drivers larger than around 50mm [audio technica has 53 mm in a lot of their models. otherwise, i think 50mm is the largest i've seen]. i understand that there are drawbacks to larger drivers but with technology, including new materials, i'd think that there would be more larger driver headphones by now. Also, there aren't too many multi-driver full size headphones [in contrast, there are dual dynamic driver in ear monitors]. maybe this has to due with the difficulty in getting the coherence at the distance that full size headphones' drivers are from the ears. the Klipsch Mode has a tweeter and main driver and the upcoming Final Audio Design Muramasa has two drivers.
[note: I know very little physics, so these could be dumb questions].post #79 of 7724/15/12 at 11:22amhttp://www.headphone.com/rightbetweenyourears/?p=117
Then of course there's the popular planar magnetic brands such as Audez'e and Hifiman-- all of which use large drivers. And they're hifi staples on head-fi.post #80 of 7724/15/12 at 11:35amThread Starter
i forgot about the HD800. speaking of which, would Sennheiser be able to tune it differently to be a somewhat bassy/fun headphone with incredibly textured and deep bass?post #81 of 7724/15/12 at 5:38pmpost #82 of 7724/16/12 at 11:39ampost #83 of 7724/16/12 at 2:40pmpost #84 of 7724/16/12 at 3:40pmpost #85 of 7724/16/12 at 3:50pm
They are not available to purchase anywhere right now, nobody has them except a few shops in Japan carrying demos which can't be purchased ( as far as I am aware ) They are due for release sometime around the end of the month to the first week of May.post #86 of 7724/16/12 at 4:41pm
"In stock, estimated ship date 4/17/2012."
May be a fluke, may be a pre-order, I don't know. I just know it's said "In stock" for a week or so now. Someone try it and find out - lol.post #87 of 7724/16/12 at 4:55pmpost #88 of 7724/16/12 at 5:42pmQuote:
Sony doesn't seem to understand a lot of things
It's like the PS3. So many cores and such a complicated coding, developers found it difficult to make games. I don't know why but I've got a feeling this headphone will have a major flaw somewhere or another, a headphone that does it all? If the sound is worthy of it's price tag then I won't mind paying it, but at the moment, it's the major flaw, at least here in England anyway. I know I've probably repeated myself like 3 times now. I'm just dying from upgraditis. The only headphone I've got atm are the $30 Panasonics and I desperately want to upgrade.post #89 of 7724/16/12 at 5:55pm
Over the past few weeks, the listing went out of stock, then back in stock a few times yet nobody at Sony really cared enough to tell anyone its a pre order, but everyone else carrying the Ma900 slaps a big PRE ORDER sticker on the ad listing. Sony...ugh.post #90 of 7724/16/12 at 6:14pmQuote:
I noticed the out of stock sign on the American website. I thought everyone had bought it all on the first day, which seemed a little weird. Headphone releases aren't as big as lets say console launches. Shouldn't go out of stock so soon.
- Sony MDR MA 900 (new release from Sony)
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Headphone Impedance
- › Creative G5 discussion and reviews 13 seconds ago
- › Objectivists board room 41 seconds ago
- › New Grace Design m920 DAC/amp with DSD decoding 57 seconds ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 1 minute ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read... 1 minute ago
- › Focal Utopia (& a little Elear) impressions and discussion 1 minute ago
- › AUDIO over IP - REDNET 3 & 16 Review. AES67 Sets A New Standard... 4 minutes ago
- › Help with bluetooth headphones i need recomendations 5 minutes ago
- › Get 25% Off New Hi-Res Macy Gray album from Chesky Records 5 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 5 minutes ago
- › Soundaware Esther by Jackpot77
- › Philips SHP9500 by MaximumEnnui
- › Cayin iDAC-6 by EvenR
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by Brooko
- › The Fragrant Zither (TFZ) Series 3 Hifi Earphones by Hisoundfi
- › Bowers & Wilkins P3 by foobar2015
- › "PETEREK (Verbessen)" by Hawaiibadboy
- › FiiO AM2 - Medium Power Amplifier Module for X7 by howdy
- › DiDiT DAC212 by Runningwater
- › Edifier R1700BT Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers - Active Near-field... by ryanjsoo
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...