- 6,819 Posts. Joined 8/2011
- Location: Tokyo, Japan
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ** Sony MDR MA900 Review ** Last post on 5/26/14 at 5:31am in Headphones (full-size)
- NEW! Sony MDR-MA900 headphones. My Impressions video Last post on 4/26/13 at 9:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- NEW! Sony MDR-MA900 unboxing video & impressions Last post on 6/6/12 at 8:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sony MDR-XB1000 is NO LONGER AVAILABLE. WHAT???? Last post on 7/31/13 at 3:32am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sony MDR-CD950 Last post on 2/10/12 at 5:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I am very glad that ONKYO released their new line of headphones into the North American market this June. I had been very curious about trying the ONKYO sound, but knowing new models were soon to...
I love this little thing I really do. I bought it for myself as a present for a professional milestone. I can't tell you that it is worth almost 200 bucks, that's your call, but I don't regret the...
This review was copy pasted from the Sound Blaster X7 thread with minor edits to make it appeal to broader audience. Intro First of all, I would really like to thank Andrew Sparks, the man...
I first used these as monitoring headphones for recording. They quickly moved out of my home studio and now I use them everywhere. I have one pair at home and one pair at work. I also take them...
The Good: Price/Quality ratio; Comfort; Bass quality/quantity; Musicality; Imaging. The Bad: Requires a powerful amplifier. Tonal Balance: V-Shaped Style: Circumaural semi-open. Cost: $250 at...
Sony MDR MA 900 (new release from Sony) - Page 6post #76 of 7724/15/12 at 5:10amI was using my DX100. Yeah I'll try to head back to give a better listen. I was distracted & was focused more on the FitEar MH334 so I didn't want to take up too much of their time demoing so many head/earphones.
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #77 of 7724/15/12 at 5:12ampost #78 of 7724/15/12 at 11:18amThread Starter
i wonder why Sony is the only company coming out with drivers larger than around 50mm [audio technica has 53 mm in a lot of their models. otherwise, i think 50mm is the largest i've seen]. i understand that there are drawbacks to larger drivers but with technology, including new materials, i'd think that there would be more larger driver headphones by now. Also, there aren't too many multi-driver full size headphones [in contrast, there are dual dynamic driver in ear monitors]. maybe this has to due with the difficulty in getting the coherence at the distance that full size headphones' drivers are from the ears. the Klipsch Mode has a tweeter and main driver and the upcoming Final Audio Design Muramasa has two drivers.
[note: I know very little physics, so these could be dumb questions].post #79 of 7724/15/12 at 11:22amhttp://www.headphone.com/rightbetweenyourears/?p=117
Then of course there's the popular planar magnetic brands such as Audez'e and Hifiman-- all of which use large drivers. And they're hifi staples on head-fi.post #80 of 7724/15/12 at 11:35amThread Starter
i forgot about the HD800. speaking of which, would Sennheiser be able to tune it differently to be a somewhat bassy/fun headphone with incredibly textured and deep bass?post #81 of 7724/15/12 at 5:38pmpost #82 of 7724/16/12 at 11:39ampost #83 of 7724/16/12 at 2:40pmpost #84 of 7724/16/12 at 3:40pmpost #85 of 7724/16/12 at 3:50pm
They are not available to purchase anywhere right now, nobody has them except a few shops in Japan carrying demos which can't be purchased ( as far as I am aware ) They are due for release sometime around the end of the month to the first week of May.post #86 of 7724/16/12 at 4:41pm
"In stock, estimated ship date 4/17/2012."
May be a fluke, may be a pre-order, I don't know. I just know it's said "In stock" for a week or so now. Someone try it and find out - lol.post #87 of 7724/16/12 at 4:55pmpost #88 of 7724/16/12 at 5:42pmQuote:
Sony doesn't seem to understand a lot of things
It's like the PS3. So many cores and such a complicated coding, developers found it difficult to make games. I don't know why but I've got a feeling this headphone will have a major flaw somewhere or another, a headphone that does it all? If the sound is worthy of it's price tag then I won't mind paying it, but at the moment, it's the major flaw, at least here in England anyway. I know I've probably repeated myself like 3 times now. I'm just dying from upgraditis. The only headphone I've got atm are the $30 Panasonics and I desperately want to upgrade.post #89 of 7724/16/12 at 5:55pm
Over the past few weeks, the listing went out of stock, then back in stock a few times yet nobody at Sony really cared enough to tell anyone its a pre order, but everyone else carrying the Ma900 slaps a big PRE ORDER sticker on the ad listing. Sony...ugh.post #90 of 7724/16/12 at 6:14pmQuote:
I noticed the out of stock sign on the American website. I thought everyone had bought it all on the first day, which seemed a little weird. Headphone releases aren't as big as lets say console launches. Shouldn't go out of stock so soon.
- Sony MDR MA 900 (new release from Sony)
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Headphone Impedance
- › Would this setup work: Console + DAC/amp + Y splitter + headphones... 24 seconds ago
- › DUNU DN-2000J -- More Than Evolution? 55 seconds ago
- › Asus Essence One Headphone Amp/DAC (CeBIT 2011) 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 1 minute ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up (Update: April 17th, 2016) 1 minute ago
- › New to the audiophile scene; looking for general guidance and... 2 minutes ago
- › Sonarworks Headphone Calibration software 3 minutes ago
- › Popular Classical Music 4 minutes ago
- › Real High End hand made tube headphone amp 6 minutes ago
- › Football (Soccer) Fans Gather 6 minutes ago
- › ONKYO sealed wireless headphone Bluetooth-enabled / NFC support /... by Sonic Defender
- › AudioQuest DragonFly Red USB DAC, Preamp, Headphone Amp by selfdude
- › Sparkos Labs SS3601 Discrete Op-Amps by Yethal
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by selfdude
- › Cascadia Audio Talos by keanex
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by Nymphonomaniac
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by fjhuerta
- › Cleer BT Bluetooth Wireless Headphone by moedawg140
- › ZhiYin Z2016 by crabdog
- › InEar StageDiver SD-4 (Small) by twister6
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...