- 7,197 Posts. Joined 8/2011
- Location: Tokyo, Japan
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ** Sony MDR MA900 Review ** Last post on 1/9/17 at 6:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
- NEW! Sony MDR-MA900 headphones. My Impressions video Last post on 4/26/13 at 9:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- NEW! Sony MDR-MA900 unboxing video & impressions Last post on 6/6/12 at 8:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sony MDR-XB1000 is NO LONGER AVAILABLE. WHAT???? Last post on 7/31/13 at 3:32am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sony MDR-CD950 Last post on 2/10/12 at 5:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/11/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The new Crusher wireless from Skullcandy is a great improvement on the old Skullcrushers. The most noticeable improvement is NO EXTERNAL BATTERIES which is very important because a person can spend...
I have been using this for over a year now and use it nearly daily. Extremely versatile component can be used not only for mobile play, but also line out to my receiver (don't yet have funds for...
I purchased these headphones based on reviews, specifications, and looks and I am not disappointed in the least. The initial comfort for the headphones was good, but it took some adjusting to stop...
Disclaimer: The Noble Kaiser Encore sample was provided to me by Noble for the purposes of this review. The Noble K10 was my first Multi-BA earphone. While it might not be the as good as the...
For me the Encore shares the same sound signature as its predecessor Noble Kaiser K-10. There are already 31- K-10 reviews on H.F. including mine. Read what is written about the K-10, then think...
Sony MDR MA 900 (new release from Sony) - Page 6post #76 of 7724/15/12 at 5:10amI was using my DX100. Yeah I'll try to head back to give a better listen. I was distracted & was focused more on the FitEar MH334 so I didn't want to take up too much of their time demoing so many head/earphones.
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #77 of 7724/15/12 at 5:12ampost #78 of 7724/15/12 at 11:18amThread Starter
i wonder why Sony is the only company coming out with drivers larger than around 50mm [audio technica has 53 mm in a lot of their models. otherwise, i think 50mm is the largest i've seen]. i understand that there are drawbacks to larger drivers but with technology, including new materials, i'd think that there would be more larger driver headphones by now. Also, there aren't too many multi-driver full size headphones [in contrast, there are dual dynamic driver in ear monitors]. maybe this has to due with the difficulty in getting the coherence at the distance that full size headphones' drivers are from the ears. the Klipsch Mode has a tweeter and main driver and the upcoming Final Audio Design Muramasa has two drivers.
[note: I know very little physics, so these could be dumb questions].post #79 of 7724/15/12 at 11:22amhttp://www.headphone.com/rightbetweenyourears/?p=117
Then of course there's the popular planar magnetic brands such as Audez'e and Hifiman-- all of which use large drivers. And they're hifi staples on head-fi.post #80 of 7724/15/12 at 11:35amThread Starter
i forgot about the HD800. speaking of which, would Sennheiser be able to tune it differently to be a somewhat bassy/fun headphone with incredibly textured and deep bass?post #81 of 7724/15/12 at 5:38pmpost #82 of 7724/16/12 at 11:39ampost #83 of 7724/16/12 at 2:40pmpost #84 of 7724/16/12 at 3:40pmpost #85 of 7724/16/12 at 3:50pm
They are not available to purchase anywhere right now, nobody has them except a few shops in Japan carrying demos which can't be purchased ( as far as I am aware ) They are due for release sometime around the end of the month to the first week of May.post #86 of 7724/16/12 at 4:41pm
"In stock, estimated ship date 4/17/2012."
May be a fluke, may be a pre-order, I don't know. I just know it's said "In stock" for a week or so now. Someone try it and find out - lol.post #87 of 7724/16/12 at 4:55pmpost #88 of 7724/16/12 at 5:42pmQuote:
Sony doesn't seem to understand a lot of things
It's like the PS3. So many cores and such a complicated coding, developers found it difficult to make games. I don't know why but I've got a feeling this headphone will have a major flaw somewhere or another, a headphone that does it all? If the sound is worthy of it's price tag then I won't mind paying it, but at the moment, it's the major flaw, at least here in England anyway. I know I've probably repeated myself like 3 times now. I'm just dying from upgraditis. The only headphone I've got atm are the $30 Panasonics and I desperately want to upgrade.post #89 of 7724/16/12 at 5:55pm
Over the past few weeks, the listing went out of stock, then back in stock a few times yet nobody at Sony really cared enough to tell anyone its a pre order, but everyone else carrying the Ma900 slaps a big PRE ORDER sticker on the ad listing. Sony...ugh.post #90 of 7724/16/12 at 6:14pmQuote:
I noticed the out of stock sign on the American website. I thought everyone had bought it all on the first day, which seemed a little weird. Headphone releases aren't as big as lets say console launches. Shouldn't go out of stock so soon.
- Sony MDR MA 900 (new release from Sony)
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Headphone Impedance
- › Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing... 12 seconds ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 25 seconds ago
- › MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 - $199 Dynamic Driver Flagship *Reviews 2nd... 28 seconds ago
- › Happy as a Pig in Schiit: Introducing Modi Multibit 39 seconds ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 46 seconds ago
- › LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Echobox: The Unveiling @ CES 2015 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser x Massdrop HD6XX Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony TA-ZH1ES Hi-Res Headphone Amplifier (Live From... 3 minutes ago
- › Is there a meaningful limit to resolution? Optics analogy to Audio 3 minutes ago
- › Skullcandy Crusher Wireless Bluetooth Over-Ear Headphone with Mic -... by fusiondragon
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by mokler
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by mokler
- › Noble Audio Encore Universal flagship in-ear monitor by WCDchee
- › Noble Audio Kaiser Encore by Saraguie
- › Hifiman EF2A Usb Headphone Amplifier by td2004
- › Blue Ever Blue Model 1001 by B9Scrambler
- › Brainwavz B150 by dnun8086
- › SONY digital audio player Walkman NW-WM1Z N (Gold) by Whitigir
- › iFi Micro iDAC2 USB DAC/HP Amp by Sil3nce
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear