Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sony MDR MA 900 (new release from Sony)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sony MDR MA 900 (new release from Sony) - Page 45

post #661 of 770
Quote:
Originally Posted by oopeteroo View Post

how its the mid/vocal compare to hd598 or hd650? which is better ma900?

 

MA900 has better mids against the dryer sounding HD598.

post #662 of 770

Any comparison between HE-400, HD650 and the MDR-MA900?
 

post #663 of 770
i want to know that 2. bought cd900st. didnt like it that much. looking for ma900
post #664 of 770

Btw have anyone heard the MA500?

 

Wondering how it would compare with the MA900.

post #665 of 770
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir7 View Post

Btw have anyone heard the MA500?

 

Wondering how it would compare with the MA900.

 

I tested the MA500 at nearly electronic shop. Now I have the MA900.

The MA500 has more bass and less treble than the MA900.  The MA900 is obviously clearer than the MA500.

I will not recommend the MA500. If you do not have so much money, you should buy the MA300.

post #666 of 770
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigster75 View Post

Any comparison between HE-400, HD650 and the MDR-MA900?
 

I do not have the HE-400, but I have both HD650 and MA900.

The HD650 has more sound information and is more powerful compared to MA900.

The HD650 is suitable for music listening, while the MA900 is aimed to gaming and movie watching.

Side pressure of HD650 is relatively strong, but MA900 is too weak to stablize both cans to your head.

I use MA900 only in hot summer.

post #667 of 770
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diseree View Post

 

I tested the MA500 at nearly electronic shop. Now I have the MA900.

The MA500 has more bass and less treble than the MA900.  The MA900 is obviously clearer than the MA500.

I will not recommend the MA500. If you do not have so much money, you should buy the MA300.

 

Thanks for your info, i already have the MA900 awhile ago but trade it with 1R due to fitting problem.

 

now im looking for another open back headphone that doesn't spend too expensive.

post #668 of 770
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir7 View Post

 

Thanks for your info, i already have the MA900 awhile ago but trade it with 1R due to fitting problem.

 

now im looking for another open back headphone that doesn't spend too expensive.

 

Look elsewhere, this is head-fi dude

post #669 of 770
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrAdrian View Post

 

Look elsewhere, this is head-fi dude

 

Ahh sorry, thanks for reminding me again about this LOL

 

Maybe any suggestion an open back headphone that sounds and price range similar to MA900?

post #670 of 770

I actually have never heard the MA900 extensively, so I am unsure. However how would you describe the MA900? That might help

post #671 of 770
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir7 View Post

 

Ahh sorry, thanks for reminding me again about this LOL

 

Maybe any suggestion an open back headphone that sounds and price range similar to MA900?


I read great things about the Hifiman HE-400 @$399.

post #672 of 770
AKG k242hd or k240mkII- needs an amp.
Phillips Fidelio X1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir7 View Post

Ahh sorry, thanks for reminding me again about this LOL

Maybe any suggestion an open back headphone that sounds and price range similar to MA900?
post #673 of 770
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir7 View Post

 

Thanks for your info, i already have the MA900 awhile ago but trade it with 1R due to fitting problem.

 

now im looking for another open back headphone that doesn't spend too expensive.

 

It's a really unique sound signature to hit on. I place the MA900 somewhere between the Q701 and HD650. It's very warm, but not as muddy as the HD650.

post #674 of 770
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir7 View Post

 

Ahh sorry, thanks for reminding me again about this LOL

 

Maybe any suggestion an open back headphone that sounds and price range similar to MA900?

You should wait for AD900X I guess tongue.gif

post #675 of 770
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiR3D View Post

AKG k242hd or k240mkII- needs an amp.
Phillips Fidelio X1

 

Already have K242 long ago but decided to sell it while the X1 hard to find in my country, anyway thanks for your reply.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigster75 View Post


I read great things about the Hifiman HE-400 @$399.

 

Haven't try the HE400 yet...

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by elwappo99 View Post

 

It's a really unique sound signature to hit on. I place the MA900 somewhere between the Q701 and HD650. It's very warm, but not as muddy as the HD650.

 

If only the HD600 still around or easy to find, that would be my best bet.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMiddleSky View Post

You should wait for AD900X I guess tongue.gif

 

Yet those single sided cable really a deal breaker for me LOL

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sony MDR MA 900 (new release from Sony)