They are pretty close I think. I haven't had the M50's for awhile now so can't compare right now. I just remember the M50's clamping force to be stronger and the ear cups were a little bigger so it sits completely around the ears so my guess is that the M50's might isolate a little better.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSkullcandy x Mix Master Mike Mix Master Headphonestagged by System, 3/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- SkullCandy Mix Master (New in box) Last post on 11/6/13 at 2:20pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Skullcandy Mix Master Mike BTC/LTC /USD Accepted Last post on 7/22/13 at 7:26am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Opinion on: Skullcandy Mix Master Over-Ear Headphones with Microphone Last post on 7/17/13 at 1:22am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Audio Tehnica M50 vs Skullcandy Mix Master Last post on 3/26/13 at 2:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Skullcandy Mixmaster Appreciation Thread Last post on 3/8/14 at 6:59am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
Best i-Device portable DAC ever listened to, very neutral and smooth like from a desktop DAC. Currently using it with my iPod touch 5 (Yes, it's support lightinig connector). I will prefer filter...
The entire Sony xba line is gorgeous: very sensitive and well executed lines, comfortable despite size, flat cable, nice case, a 90'plug. The first time I tried the Xba3 the sound wasn't...
I purchased this on Amazon from a vendor that had a combined listing for the older model and newer E07 Andes. So I received the new model at the old model price and saved about $20. So that was...
These earphones are slightly overpriced compared to some competitive earphones. I think. I love the over-ear construction and the isolation is superb. The sound quality is impressive and...
Have had these for 3 months after losing a pair of Pioneer HDJ 500s. Preferred the look and build quality of the Pioneers, but the Sonys look ok and fold up nicely. The HDJ 500s didn't fold, but...
Review: Skullcandy Mix Master – Duality - Page 3post #31 of 659/13/12 at 4:27pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 659/13/12 at 4:44pmQuote:Originally Posted by DannyBai
They are pretty close I think. I haven't had the M50's for awhile now so can't compare right now. I just remember the M50's clamping force to be stronger and the ear cups were a little bigger so it sits completely around the ears so my guess is that the M50's might isolate a little better
do the mixmaster go around your ear or sir on ur ear? which are more comfy?post #33 of 659/13/12 at 5:50pmpost #34 of 659/13/12 at 6:16pmQuote:
cool, and one last question, while wearing them in public do the mm look goofy or clunky and big?? thanks for you help!post #35 of 659/13/12 at 6:21pmpost #36 of 659/13/12 at 7:25pmQuote:
thanks i think ill get thempost #37 of 659/13/12 at 7:43pmpost #38 of 659/13/12 at 8:02pmpost #39 of 659/13/12 at 9:59pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by DannyBai
That would be a crazy price for the Mix Master's. I'd buy it for the price alone but I like the sound of the Mix Master's more. The M50's clamping force was a bit uncomfortable and if you find the Mix Master's uncomfortable, just stuff a couple of cotton balls under the pads and you're good to go. The M50's get a lot of praise and the Mix Master's are overlooked but it really is a good sounding headphone.
Overlooked because they are normally double the price. I think Mix Masters would be much more popular at the Aviator price ($150) or a little below.
The M50 isolated better for me.Quote:
+1, the design is definitely one of the best things about the Mix Master. For what is essentially a full-size headphone they don't look out of place when worn outsidepost #40 of 6512/14/12 at 6:21ampost #41 of 6512/14/12 at 8:59amThread Starterpost #42 of 6512/14/12 at 7:05pmConsidering Skullcandy is having a 50% off sale on their site right now with coupon code "redbull50" I pulled the trigger for a pair.
I've been using an HD590 for quite some time now and have not used closed cans for a long time. Excited to try these for $160.
I'm a bit disappointed that these supposedly don't isolate well since I was hoping to use it mainly for long international flights.post #43 of 651/12/13 at 4:03pmpost #44 of 651/13/13 at 9:33amI took a pair last summer for ~120 € ( around 160 bucks) and they were definitely woth it!
If you like Electronic music and Trance (or anything that needs some vitality in the lowest notes and a smooth treble) these are some really nice celebrity-endorsed cans... In fact, I think the MMM are among the best sounding headphones in this category.
The isolation is quite nice, however they are so flashy that it takes some guts to wear them in public (and mine have a lower-profile black finish).
Edited by MrScratch - 1/13/13 at 9:34ampost #45 of 651/13/13 at 2:02pmThread StarterQuote:
They really won't ever be mistaken for Beats. There's too much Skullcandy badging
As for the Q40, the MMM offers a more accurate sound if that's what you're seeking. Not an all-around upgrade, but certainly not worse than the Q40.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Review: Skullcandy Mix Master – Duality
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Android phones and USB DACs 2 minutes ago
- › V-MODA Shield Design Discussion 4 minutes ago
- › REVIEW: Unique Melody Merlin - hybrid dynamic/balanced armature... 4 minutes ago
- › worst date stories 4 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 5 minutes ago
- › Your favourite "not the best" headphones? 5 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 6 minutes ago
- › post your grado mods.... 6 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-1: A New Planar Magnetic Headphone! 7 minutes ago
- › Q701 appreciation thread 8 minutes ago
- › Fostex HP-P1 by Jensenchua
- › Sony XBA-3SL by squallkiercosa
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by originalsnuffy
- › Shure SE535-V Earphone by david8090
- › Sony MDR-V55/BR DJ style Headphones by Vero Golf Champ
- › Pure i20 iPod Dock by Gruffnutz
- › Astell & Kern AK240 by Currawong
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › V-MODA XS by Tom22
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob