They are pretty close I think. I haven't had the M50's for awhile now so can't compare right now. I just remember the M50's clamping force to be stronger and the ear cups were a little bigger so it sits completely around the ears so my guess is that the M50's might isolate a little better.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSkullcandy x Mix Master Mike Mix Master Headphonestagged by System, 3/2/13
Related Forum Threads
- SkullCandy Mix Master (New in box) Last post on 11/6/13 at 2:20pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Skullcandy Mix Master Mike FS/FT [PRICE DROP] Last post on 7/22/13 at 7:26am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Opinion on: Skullcandy Mix Master Over-Ear Headphones with Microphone Last post on 7/17/13 at 1:22am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Audio Tehnica M50 vs Skullcandy Mix Master Last post on 3/26/13 at 2:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Skullcandy Mixmaster Appreciation Thread Last post on 10/18/13 at 12:06am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: Today
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
Related Head Gear
My audio chain is MP3@320 or FLAC > HiFimeDIY USB Isolator > HiFimeDIY Sabre U2 > Fiio 6" cable > Objective2 w/ 16v 400mA adapter > M-Audio Q40. There isn't much I have to add to other...
My audio chain is MP3@320 or FLAC > HiFimeDIY USB Isolator > HiFimeDIY Sabre U2 > Fiio 6" cable > Objective2 w/ 16v 400mA adapter > SR950. The SR950s are fairly detailed headphones possessing a...
My audio chain is MP3@320 or FLAC > HiFimeDIY USB Isolator > HiFimeDIY Sabre U2 > Fiio 6" cable > Objective2 w/ 16v 400mA adapter > HPH-200. If you are looking for a ~$100 on ear open can that...
First of all, I gave these a 3 star mostly for their price. At about 9 bucks they are about the cheapest headphones around. I mean, who is going to pass up a deal like that. They are dirt cheap and...
Q-audio French Silk Aftermarket Cable for MrSpeakers Alpha Dog INTRODUCTION I have spent a little over two months with the Alpha Dogs and its stock cable. About one month into the journey...
Review: Skullcandy Mix Master – Duality - Page 3post #31 of 629/13/12 at 4:27pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 629/13/12 at 4:44pmQuote:Originally Posted by DannyBai
They are pretty close I think. I haven't had the M50's for awhile now so can't compare right now. I just remember the M50's clamping force to be stronger and the ear cups were a little bigger so it sits completely around the ears so my guess is that the M50's might isolate a little better
do the mixmaster go around your ear or sir on ur ear? which are more comfy?post #33 of 629/13/12 at 5:50pmpost #34 of 629/13/12 at 6:16pmQuote:
cool, and one last question, while wearing them in public do the mm look goofy or clunky and big?? thanks for you help!post #35 of 629/13/12 at 6:21pmpost #36 of 629/13/12 at 7:25pmQuote:
thanks i think ill get thempost #37 of 629/13/12 at 7:43pmpost #38 of 629/13/12 at 8:02pmpost #39 of 629/13/12 at 9:59pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by DannyBai
That would be a crazy price for the Mix Master's. I'd buy it for the price alone but I like the sound of the Mix Master's more. The M50's clamping force was a bit uncomfortable and if you find the Mix Master's uncomfortable, just stuff a couple of cotton balls under the pads and you're good to go. The M50's get a lot of praise and the Mix Master's are overlooked but it really is a good sounding headphone.
Overlooked because they are normally double the price. I think Mix Masters would be much more popular at the Aviator price ($150) or a little below.
The M50 isolated better for me.Quote:
+1, the design is definitely one of the best things about the Mix Master. For what is essentially a full-size headphone they don't look out of place when worn outsidepost #40 of 6212/14/12 at 6:21ampost #41 of 6212/14/12 at 8:59amThread Starterpost #42 of 6212/14/12 at 7:05pmConsidering Skullcandy is having a 50% off sale on their site right now with coupon code "redbull50" I pulled the trigger for a pair.
I've been using an HD590 for quite some time now and have not used closed cans for a long time. Excited to try these for $160.
I'm a bit disappointed that these supposedly don't isolate well since I was hoping to use it mainly for long international flights.post #43 of 621/12/13 at 4:03pmpost #44 of 621/13/13 at 9:33amI took a pair last summer for ~120 € ( around 160 bucks) and they were definitely woth it!
If you like Electronic music and Trance (or anything that needs some vitality in the lowest notes and a smooth treble) these are some really nice celebrity-endorsed cans... In fact, I think the MMM are among the best sounding headphones in this category.
The isolation is quite nice, however they are so flashy that it takes some guts to wear them in public (and mine have a lower-profile black finish).
Edited by MrScratch - 1/13/13 at 9:34ampost #45 of 621/13/13 at 2:02pmThread StarterQuote:
They really won't ever be mistaken for Beats. There's too much Skullcandy badging
As for the Q40, the MMM offers a more accurate sound if that's what you're seeking. Not an all-around upgrade, but certainly not worse than the Q40.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Review: Skullcandy Mix Master – Duality
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Appreciation Thread 13 seconds ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 20 seconds ago
- › Shure SE846: A New In-Ear Flagship From Shure. Finally!... 20 seconds ago
- › TDK IE800 Dual High-Performance Dynamic Micro-Drivers IEM 23 seconds ago
- › ~$100-$175 IEMs 32 seconds ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 40 seconds ago
- › Help With First Real Headphones! 1 minute ago
- › New HD 800 very different than the old HD 800 1 minute ago
- › Headphones recommendation for <$200 (more details inside) 2 minutes ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Appreciation / Discussion thread 5 minutes ago
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by adevriesc
- › Samson SR950 by adevriesc
- › Yamaha HPH-200 Headphone (Black) by adevriesc
- › Skullcandy INK'D Earbuds (Green) by Bassbanger101
- › Q-Audio French Silk Cable by WNBC
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by boombox589
- › Audio-gd Master 9 Preamp & Headphone amp by staalf
- › Sennheiser Momentum by commodent
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by Quaresma
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Kiats
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi