They are pretty close I think. I haven't had the M50's for awhile now so can't compare right now. I just remember the M50's clamping force to be stronger and the ear cups were a little bigger so it sits completely around the ears so my guess is that the M50's might isolate a little better.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSkullcandy x Mix Master Mike Mix Master Headphonestagged by System, 3/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- SkullCandy Mix Master (New in box) Last post on 11/6/13 at 2:20pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Skullcandy Mix Master Mike BTC/LTC /USD Accepted Last post on 7/22/13 at 7:26am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Opinion on: Skullcandy Mix Master Over-Ear Headphones with Microphone Last post on 7/17/13 at 1:22am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Audio Tehnica M50 vs Skullcandy Mix Master Last post on 3/26/13 at 2:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Skullcandy Mixmaster Appreciation Thread Last post on 3/8/14 at 6:59am in Headphones (full-size)
Fist of all, this is my first ever review,and English is not my native language, so please, have some understanding . I bought these headphones 9 months ago, they were my first "quality"...
Hi All, I have done a video review of Hifiman HM901. Thanks for watching :)
You can pay more for a dac alone and not do as well as the 105. You can buy a blue ray player for more and not do as well. Ditto for cd, sacd, and/or DVD players. Its audio preamps are as good as...
The 2014 Brainwavz S5: A Single Dynamic Driver IEM Specifications Found here: www.yourbrainwavz.com/s5.html No measurements for the S5 were available at the time of this...
SO, lets get on to it. The MTPC's are a pair of IEM's that are in a very akward position. It is quite pricy and rejected by the "purist audiophiles" that dislike the brand of Monster, due to...
Review: Skullcandy Mix Master – Duality - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
They are pretty close I think. I haven't had the M50's for awhile now so can't compare right now. I just remember the M50's clamping force to be stronger and the ear cups were a little bigger so it sits completely around the ears so my guess is that the M50's might isolate a little better
do the mixmaster go around your ear or sir on ur ear? which are more comfy?
cool, and one last question, while wearing them in public do the mm look goofy or clunky and big?? thanks for you help!
thanks i think ill get them
That would be a crazy price for the Mix Master's. I'd buy it for the price alone but I like the sound of the Mix Master's more. The M50's clamping force was a bit uncomfortable and if you find the Mix Master's uncomfortable, just stuff a couple of cotton balls under the pads and you're good to go. The M50's get a lot of praise and the Mix Master's are overlooked but it really is a good sounding headphone.
Overlooked because they are normally double the price. I think Mix Masters would be much more popular at the Aviator price ($150) or a little below.
The M50 isolated better for me.
+1, the design is definitely one of the best things about the Mix Master. For what is essentially a full-size headphone they don't look out of place when worn outside
I've been using an HD590 for quite some time now and have not used closed cans for a long time. Excited to try these for $160.
I'm a bit disappointed that these supposedly don't isolate well since I was hoping to use it mainly for long international flights.
If you like Electronic music and Trance (or anything that needs some vitality in the lowest notes and a smooth treble) these are some really nice celebrity-endorsed cans... In fact, I think the MMM are among the best sounding headphones in this category.
The isolation is quite nice, however they are so flashy that it takes some guts to wear them in public (and mine have a lower-profile black finish).
Edited by MrScratch - 1/13/13 at 9:34am
They really won't ever be mistaken for Beats. There's too much Skullcandy badging
As for the Q40, the MMM offers a more accurate sound if that's what you're seeking. Not an all-around upgrade, but certainly not worse than the Q40.
- Review: Skullcandy Mix Master – Duality
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 1 second ago
- › DNA Stratus 2A3 amplifier - first impressions 17 seconds ago
- › Press Release: Sennheiser launches URBANITE headphones 37 seconds ago
- › FiiO X1, the first high-res DAP for the young ! 37 seconds ago
- › New Cavalli Audio Portable Amp officially in the works 44 seconds ago
- › Vision Ear V 6 With X Control is The most expensive Custom IEM in... 1 minute ago
- › 9/13/14 Lawrence, Kansas Headfi meeting Impression. 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 2 minutes ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Comparison: Momentums OVER EARs VS Amperiors VS Momentum... 4 minutes ago
- › Superlux HD-668 B by donniefalcone
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by piksnz
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by NA Blur
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by wolfjeanne
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 350p Portable Headphones Brand New Black Free... by twister6
- › Sony MDR-CD 780 by mark235
- › EarSonics EM32 by Rollk2
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)