They are pretty close I think. I haven't had the M50's for awhile now so can't compare right now. I just remember the M50's clamping force to be stronger and the ear cups were a little bigger so it sits completely around the ears so my guess is that the M50's might isolate a little better.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Audio Tehnica M50 vs Skullcandy Mix Master Last post on 3/26/13 at 2:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Skullcandy Mixmaster Appreciation Thread Last post on 2/28/13 at 4:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- Skullcandy Mix Master, Crusher, Aviator.. Last post on 2/7/13 at 4:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Pioneer HDJ-2000 vs Skullcandy Mix Master Last post on 1/26/13 at 4:48am in Headphones (full-size)
- Skullcandy mix master headphones Last post on 1/27/13 at 8:10am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Somehow, the Ballad of Jed Clampett comes to mind, as I start to write this. You know, the Beverly Hillbillies. He was living his life, struck gold, and everything changed. That's kind of what...
Hi, Head-fiers. This is my first post as a newbie in the forum. I will give a short introduction of myself. I am 18 years old currently studying in high-school. I love headphones because...
Build Quality: For something hand built, the overall build quality is quite good. Of course, it isn’t nearly as perfect as something from a plastic molding machine but it is far ahead from the...
Disclaimer: My only other good cans to compare these to are Beyerdynamics DT770 (250). I fully realize this review will be biased because of that. So please keep that in mind. This review is my...
First Impressions: Well, when I first used these, I used them in the same place I'd expect myself to continue using these, on the go from place to place, and while at places outside the...
Review: Skullcandy Mix Master – Duality - Page 3
They are pretty close I think. I haven't had the M50's for awhile now so can't compare right now. I just remember the M50's clamping force to be stronger and the ear cups were a little bigger so it sits completely around the ears so my guess is that the M50's might isolate a little better
do the mixmaster go around your ear or sir on ur ear? which are more comfy?
cool, and one last question, while wearing them in public do the mm look goofy or clunky and big?? thanks for you help!
thanks i think ill get them
That would be a crazy price for the Mix Master's. I'd buy it for the price alone but I like the sound of the Mix Master's more. The M50's clamping force was a bit uncomfortable and if you find the Mix Master's uncomfortable, just stuff a couple of cotton balls under the pads and you're good to go. The M50's get a lot of praise and the Mix Master's are overlooked but it really is a good sounding headphone.
Overlooked because they are normally double the price. I think Mix Masters would be much more popular at the Aviator price ($150) or a little below.
The M50 isolated better for me.
+1, the design is definitely one of the best things about the Mix Master. For what is essentially a full-size headphone they don't look out of place when worn outside
I've been using an HD590 for quite some time now and have not used closed cans for a long time. Excited to try these for $160.
I'm a bit disappointed that these supposedly don't isolate well since I was hoping to use it mainly for long international flights.
If you like Electronic music and Trance (or anything that needs some vitality in the lowest notes and a smooth treble) these are some really nice celebrity-endorsed cans... In fact, I think the MMM are among the best sounding headphones in this category.
The isolation is quite nice, however they are so flashy that it takes some guts to wear them in public (and mine have a lower-profile black finish).
Edited by MrScratch - 1/13/13 at 9:34am
They really won't ever be mistaken for Beats. There's too much Skullcandy badging
As for the Q40, the MMM offers a more accurate sound if that's what you're seeking. Not an all-around upgrade, but certainly not worse than the Q40.
- Review: Skullcandy Mix Master – Duality
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Head-Fi-dentification! 8 seconds ago
- › Altmann Tera Player — Impressions, Reviews & Discussion 29 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 51 seconds ago
- › Isolated Sleep 1 minute ago
- › Adam A7x Audiophile Review by Digital Newbie 1 minute ago
- › The Stax thread (New) 1 minute ago
- › Are there any headphones that feel like subwoofers? 2 minutes ago
- › Dallas, TX - Sunday, June 9th, 2013 - The "Not Quite In The Oven... 4 minutes ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 4 minutes ago
- › W/Rap Sucks 2.0..............................Rap/HipHop... 6 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-NC40 Noise Canceling Headphone (Black) by UmustBKidn
- › Sennheiser Momentum by iSennheiser
- › [Apollo] IEM Upgrade Cable by Effect Audio by ClieOS
- › Audio Technica ATH-M40FS Precision StudioPhones by UmustBKidn
- › JVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black... by daleb
- › Koss KSC75 Portable Stereophone Headphones by julian67
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by GSARider
- › Denon AH-D600 by johangrb
- › Sennheiser HD 250 Linear II by xEcuToR
- › Sennheiser CX150 Ear-Canal Phones by BadMoose
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe