Just received an email saying the K267 is finally shipping, yet every dealer still doesn't have it in stock. Sigh....
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K242 HD vs AKG K272 HD Last post on 5/23/12 at 5:40am in Headphones (full-size)
- Question about AKGs... Last post on 12/18/11 at 11:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone hating Last post on 9/30/11 at 11:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K140 explored Last post on 11/28/12 at 4:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Have I bought the same headphones in different package? (K242HD and K530) The same driver in... Last post on 2/6/11 at 1:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I have been using Samson SR940 for a week now so this review will not be too detailed. It was a blind purchase as there are no helpful reviews available. I bought two headphones; Beyer DT880 pro...
This Headphone have Very Good and Smooth Mid / High, Good Bass response. Cold-side, Analytical, Overall Clarity made this Headphone Shine, Bass may lack on some track or Not enough for some...
I recently traded my ATM-50's since they unfortunately lost lower frequencies and started crackling in the left ear. So I thought "Why not try something different". I was looking for something to...
Intro This was my first real pair of headphones, and they satisfied me for two years. So it is only fitting that my first headphone review be on these awesome headphones. The HD598s are a great...
New AKG Headphones "By Tiësto" - Page 31post #451 of 5171/17/13 at 11:02am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #452 of 5171/17/13 at 4:47pmpost #453 of 5171/17/13 at 4:48pmpost #454 of 5171/18/13 at 10:49ampost #455 of 5171/18/13 at 11:11amQuote:
The usual marketing strategy....post #456 of 5171/18/13 at 11:13ampost #457 of 5172/20/13 at 11:59ampost #458 of 5172/20/13 at 12:01pmpost #459 of 5172/20/13 at 1:02pmpost #460 of 5172/21/13 at 7:30ampost #461 of 5172/21/13 at 7:31ampost #462 of 5172/21/13 at 11:42amQuote:
I had a different sound signature in mind before hearing your K167. Hearing something vs. owning something can be very different in the end. Time will tell. :)post #463 of 5172/21/13 at 11:49am
some words about the K267 from the guys in Vienna.
The different settings are optimized for different applications. The switch affects the bass frequency below 120 Hz only. For live sound in clubs or on the stage most DJs need an intensive bass because 1) the bass frequencies are fighting against the loud PA system and 2) more bass means more fun. In the studio too much bass may cover the lower midrange due to masking effects and may fatigue your ears. Therefore, the “Studio” setting is designed more neutral than the other two settings.
- “Stage” is optimized for stages with high SPL levels at low frequencies below 120 Hz. It delivers about 2-3 dB more bass than the middle setting called “Club”
- “Club” is perfect for small- to mid-sized stages. It delivers a bit more (another 2-3 dB) more bass than “Studio” setting.
- “Studio” is the best choice for producing, mixing and mastering tracks. It is well-balanced and allows you judge about the whole mix.
The special thing about the switch is that it works with acoustics only. It is a pure acoustic design without any electronics. It was an idea of one of our acoustic engineers. Unlike other concepts it delivers excellent results at low distortion.post #464 of 5172/21/13 at 6:27pmQuote:Originally Posted by HiFiGuy528
some words about the K267 from the guys in Vienna.
The special thing about the switch is that it works with acoustics only. It is a pure acoustic design without any electronics. It was an idea of one of our acoustic engineers. Unlike other concepts it delivers excellent results at low distortion.
LOL, opening and closing bass ports, that's surely a novelty idea, they should definitely patent it, wait I bet Beyer already did.
- New AKG Headphones "By Tiësto"
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 17 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum vs Bowers & Wilkins (B&W) P7 53 seconds ago
- › Audeze LCD-3 Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › DIY Cable Gallery!! 2 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! Yamaha HPH-200 (PG 1110) !!.KEF... 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 cable replacement in Canada? (not looking for a... 2 minutes ago
- › The Audio Technica W3000ANV Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 - Factory visit pg 18. IMGS pg 19. FW: DSD 1.082 .... 3 minutes ago
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 4 minutes ago
- › Fiio E18 4 minutes ago
- › Samson SR950 by Emid
- › TDK BA200 by kimvictor
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by Misterbushido-
- › Ultrasone DJ1 by HybridBlinds
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by davisman
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by gelocks
- › Noble Audio 8C by John0405
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by cipurian
- › Project Palaios: Iona by lin0003
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by getclikinagas
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by SocialCapital