Just received an email saying the K267 is finally shipping, yet every dealer still doesn't have it in stock. Sigh....
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K242 HD vs AKG K272 HD Last post on 5/23/12 at 5:40am in Headphones (full-size)
- Question about AKGs... Last post on 12/18/11 at 11:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone hating Last post on 9/30/11 at 11:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K140 explored Last post on 11/28/12 at 4:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Have I bought the same headphones in different package? (K242HD and K530) The same driver in... Last post on 2/6/11 at 1:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I just bought this headphone and it sound amazing, I did a burn in for about 20hr and the sound improve dramatically compared when the headphone was in the box. The comfort is phenomenal and due to...
Bought one of these to keep me going while I save for a replacement dac for my bedside rig. My previous Dac's have all been in the lower to mid end so this review is based on that level- Arcam,...
Details: Single balanced armature flagship universal IEMs from Final Audio Design Price: Heaven VII EU 550; Heaven VIII EU 600 Specs: Driver: Single BA | Imp: 24Ω | Sens: 106 dB | Freq: not...
The Audeze LCD 2.2 is one of the most popular headphones on Head-Fi. Much has already been written about them, so adding yet another review may not offer anything new or different. However, when...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
New AKG Headphones "By Tiësto" - Page 31post #451 of 5171/17/13 at 11:02am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #452 of 5171/17/13 at 4:47pmpost #453 of 5171/17/13 at 4:48pmpost #454 of 5171/18/13 at 10:49ampost #455 of 5171/18/13 at 11:11amQuote:
The usual marketing strategy....post #456 of 5171/18/13 at 11:13ampost #457 of 5172/20/13 at 11:59ampost #458 of 5172/20/13 at 12:01pmpost #459 of 5172/20/13 at 1:02pmpost #460 of 5172/21/13 at 7:30ampost #461 of 5172/21/13 at 7:31ampost #462 of 5172/21/13 at 11:42ampost #463 of 5172/21/13 at 11:49am
some words about the K267 from the guys in Vienna.
The different settings are optimized for different applications. The switch affects the bass frequency below 120 Hz only. For live sound in clubs or on the stage most DJs need an intensive bass because 1) the bass frequencies are fighting against the loud PA system and 2) more bass means more fun. In the studio too much bass may cover the lower midrange due to masking effects and may fatigue your ears. Therefore, the “Studio” setting is designed more neutral than the other two settings.
- “Stage” is optimized for stages with high SPL levels at low frequencies below 120 Hz. It delivers about 2-3 dB more bass than the middle setting called “Club”
- “Club” is perfect for small- to mid-sized stages. It delivers a bit more (another 2-3 dB) more bass than “Studio” setting.
- “Studio” is the best choice for producing, mixing and mastering tracks. It is well-balanced and allows you judge about the whole mix.
The special thing about the switch is that it works with acoustics only. It is a pure acoustic design without any electronics. It was an idea of one of our acoustic engineers. Unlike other concepts it delivers excellent results at low distortion.post #464 of 5172/21/13 at 6:27pmQuote:Originally Posted by HiFiGuy528
some words about the K267 from the guys in Vienna.
The special thing about the switch is that it works with acoustics only. It is a pure acoustic design without any electronics. It was an idea of one of our acoustic engineers. Unlike other concepts it delivers excellent results at low distortion.
LOL, opening and closing bass ports, that's surely a novelty idea, they should definitely patent it, wait I bet Beyer already did.
- New AKG Headphones "By Tiësto"
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread 10 seconds ago
- › "The Lab" 33 seconds ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 34 seconds ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 37 seconds ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 48 seconds ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 50 seconds ago
- › The Schiitstorm: Next-Gen Magni 2 and Modi 2 Family! 1 minute ago
- › Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions 1 minute ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 1 minute ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by Gia Bao
- › Pro-Ject Audio DAC Box E Entry Level DAC Black by LugBug1
- › Final Audio Design Heaven Viii by newzild
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by hodgjy
- › Shanling M3 Portable Digital Audio Player by YoYo JoKeR
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones in Black M2AEBT by twister6
- › Noble 4 by Kuroneko Guy
- › Superlux HD669 by Philliphobia
- › iFi iCAN headphone amplifier by blankdisc
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by JohnPham
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2