Just received an email saying the K267 is finally shipping, yet every dealer still doesn't have it in stock. Sigh....
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K242 HD vs AKG K272 HD Last post on 5/23/12 at 5:40am in Headphones (full-size)
- Question about AKGs... Last post on 12/18/11 at 11:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone hating Last post on 9/30/11 at 11:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K140 explored Last post on 11/28/12 at 4:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Have I bought the same headphones in different package? (K242HD and K530) The same driver in... Last post on 2/6/11 at 1:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Firstly, like to thank Billy from Busisoft for organising the Westone UM PRO 10 for this review. Westone needs no introduction, they are one of the industry leaders for professional monitors...
Intro:- I was really excited when SoundMAGIC announced a couple of new earphones with a new “Reference” line up, Led by E80, their flagship, and subordinate E50( like Bumblebee), what I...
I was invited by Noontec to write a honest review of their Hammo S headphone. I tend to be very skeptical about lower-priced headphones, since the bottom tier of headphones/speakers tend to...
RHA T20 Review Tour Many thanks to RHA and forum member Rearwing for arranging the tour and the generosity of a 10-day listening period (my suspicion though is to pass some thanks to reviewer...
Construction, Materials, and Comfort: For starters, the protein leather is extremely soft and supple, and makes the ear pads and headband luxurious to touch. Heat retention actually isn't as bad...
New AKG Headphones "By Tiësto" - Page 31post #451 of 5171/17/13 at 11:02am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #452 of 5171/17/13 at 4:47pmpost #453 of 5171/17/13 at 4:48pmpost #454 of 5171/18/13 at 10:49ampost #455 of 5171/18/13 at 11:11amQuote:
The usual marketing strategy....post #456 of 5171/18/13 at 11:13ampost #457 of 5172/20/13 at 11:59ampost #458 of 5172/20/13 at 12:01pmpost #459 of 5172/20/13 at 1:02pmpost #460 of 5172/21/13 at 7:30ampost #461 of 5172/21/13 at 7:31ampost #462 of 5172/21/13 at 11:42ampost #463 of 5172/21/13 at 11:49am
some words about the K267 from the guys in Vienna.
The different settings are optimized for different applications. The switch affects the bass frequency below 120 Hz only. For live sound in clubs or on the stage most DJs need an intensive bass because 1) the bass frequencies are fighting against the loud PA system and 2) more bass means more fun. In the studio too much bass may cover the lower midrange due to masking effects and may fatigue your ears. Therefore, the “Studio” setting is designed more neutral than the other two settings.
- “Stage” is optimized for stages with high SPL levels at low frequencies below 120 Hz. It delivers about 2-3 dB more bass than the middle setting called “Club”
- “Club” is perfect for small- to mid-sized stages. It delivers a bit more (another 2-3 dB) more bass than “Studio” setting.
- “Studio” is the best choice for producing, mixing and mastering tracks. It is well-balanced and allows you judge about the whole mix.
The special thing about the switch is that it works with acoustics only. It is a pure acoustic design without any electronics. It was an idea of one of our acoustic engineers. Unlike other concepts it delivers excellent results at low distortion.post #464 of 5172/21/13 at 6:27pmQuote:Originally Posted by HiFiGuy528
some words about the K267 from the guys in Vienna.
The special thing about the switch is that it works with acoustics only. It is a pure acoustic design without any electronics. It was an idea of one of our acoustic engineers. Unlike other concepts it delivers excellent results at low distortion.
LOL, opening and closing bass ports, that's surely a novelty idea, they should definitely patent it, wait I bet Beyer already did.
- New AKG Headphones "By Tiësto"
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion + Tour Application... 36 seconds ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 45 seconds ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Headphone Unveiled Today 2 minutes ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 3 minutes ago
- › IEM for wife, Look matter, 80$. 4 minutes ago
- › Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign 4 minutes ago
- › 🌅 Official 2015 SF Head-Fi Meet, July 18, 2015, Doubletree San... 5 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 7 minutes ago
- › SENNHEISER & TIMBUK2 Promotion 7 minutes ago
- › Asian music (Chinese, Japanese, Korean) 10 minutes ago
- › Westone UM Pro10 High Performance Single Driver Noise-Isolating... by pformagg
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by suman134
- › Noontec Hammo S Over Ear Headphone Audiophile Sound Stylish Looking... by Lunatique
- › RHA T20 by LFC_SL
- › OPPO PM-3 by RazrLeaf
- › Xtreme Xplosives In Ear by Omar717
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by morethansense
- › Sony XBA-10/N Gold | Balanced Armature In-Ear Headphones (Japanese... by LikeABell
- › Joseph Grado HPA-1 by kayandjohn
- › Creative Sound Blaster E1 Portable Headphone Amplifier with... by Evshrug
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)