The pads on K167 look VERY nice imo.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K242 HD vs AKG K272 HD Last post on 5/23/12 at 5:40am in Headphones (full-size)
- Question about AKGs... Last post on 12/18/11 at 11:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone hating Last post on 9/30/11 at 11:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K140 explored Last post on 11/28/12 at 4:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Have I bought the same headphones in different package? (K242HD and K530) The same driver in... Last post on 2/6/11 at 1:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Grado Modification Overview
Edited on 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceEdited on 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeEdited on 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaEdited on 1/6/13
The VSD1 is the latest in a rather long line of budget in ear monitors including the VC02, GR99, GR02 and others that promises high quality sound for around $50 or so. While I haven’t had...
I tried a few Grado's —didn't like the Grado house sound—, a few Senn's —HD650 left a good impression—, a few lower-end AT's —I thought the AD700 were impressive for the price— and after reading...
In my recent quest for a new set of cans, I took a slight detour into the land of flashy prosumer headphones, in the form of the HK CL. The only reason I tried a pair was the price: half off,...
The Creative Aurvana Live! solved a major problem for me—how to listen to good audio while walking the dog at night. I live near a commercial and bar district in Center City, Philadelphia and I'm...
Okay..well this is my first review..if you may call it so..hence any,,amatuerish mistakes be forgiven..here we go.. So i saved some money(i'm always short of it) for the Vsonic gr02 be..after...
New AKG Headphones "By Tiësto" - Page 28
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #407 of 51311/12/12 at 7:12ampost #408 of 51311/12/12 at 7:39ampost #409 of 51311/12/12 at 7:42am
I heard that the K167 has the same quantity of bass of the DENON D1100 (which is almost a bass-head can), but with (much) better mids (they're too recessed on the DENON's). Anyways, I'll be able to test them by Friday (my friend's).
Edited by miow - 11/12/12 at 8:00ampost #410 of 51311/12/12 at 9:14amQuote:
D1100 is a basshead can for sure, with rather huge bass boost.
The D1100 had very little resonance/reverb in the bass frequencies though for the amount bass it packs from my experience, I had optimally preferred less quantity and slightly more reverb to it, it felt a bit too unrealisticly dry in the bass somehow.
Edited by RPGWiZaRD - 11/12/12 at 9:21ampost #411 of 51311/12/12 at 9:37ampost #412 of 51311/12/12 at 9:39amQuote:
Well I expected as much as I think D1100 is a rather horrible sounding headphone, to me worth aprox $75 sound-wise.post #413 of 51311/12/12 at 9:44ampost #414 of 51311/12/12 at 12:01pmQuote:
Yes, of course, I was just refering to the quantity of bass (from what I was told), not the quality and obviously many other aspects where the K167 must be other league.post #415 of 51311/12/12 at 1:33pmQuote:
I wonder how many of these impressions can be carried over to the big brother? Considering it will have new drivers and all that..post #416 of 51311/12/12 at 2:59pmQuote:
This is conjecture, but I would expect the variation from the K167 to K267 to be in proportion to sonic differences between M80 and M-100 except the K267 should take bass to LP2 levels on its highest setting. Even the delays of the K267 are reminiscent of the M-100 (minus dialogue with the CEO).post #417 of 51311/14/12 at 12:34ampost #418 of 51311/14/12 at 2:44ampost #419 of 51311/14/12 at 3:23am
- New AKG Headphones "By Tiësto"
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › New Audeze LCD3 34 seconds ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK120 56 seconds ago
- › Burson Soloist SL Review 1 minute ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 3 minutes ago
- › What book are you reading right now? 3 minutes ago
- › T-PEOS H-200 - new triple hybrid IEM - Appreciation thread 3 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-3 Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › C+C BH(2) 5 minutes ago
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for... 5 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 thread 6 minutes ago
- › VSONIC VSD1 by TheGame21x
- › Audio Technica W5000 by the wizard of oz
- › Harmon Kardon Classic On-Ear Headphones by imagic
- › Creative Aurvana Live! Headphones by imagic
- › JBL J33 Premium In-Ear Headphones - Black by Aakash
- › Hisoundaudio Wooduo 2 by iern
- › Apple iPod classic 160 GB Silver (7th Generation) NEWEST MODEL by jensy
- › Sony MDR-V55/BR DJ style Headphones by dietcoke2am
- › Creative Sound Blaster Tactic 3D Sigma USB Gaming Headset by imagic
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by David Chavez
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe