The pads on K167 look VERY nice imo.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K242 HD vs AKG K272 HD Last post on 5/23/12 at 5:40am in Headphones (full-size)
- Question about AKGs... Last post on 12/18/11 at 11:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone hating Last post on 9/30/11 at 11:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K140 explored Last post on 11/28/12 at 4:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Have I bought the same headphones in different package? (K242HD and K530) The same driver in... Last post on 2/6/11 at 1:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
First if I would like to thank Meze for including me in their review program. I did NOT receive these for free, like all other reviewers in the program I have been given a 1 week window to...
Intro Meze Headphones is a company with a simple philosophy; Motivation, Values, People. With a passion for art and music, achieved through patience and dedication, Meze design...
Initial & information from the Rock Jaw website: I happened across the Rock Jaw sponsor page listing the need to review their Resonate BA-Hybrid IEM. Not knowing much about either, I threw my...
These headphones are well known for its low price and quality. I think they should be called shockers because when you look at them its one thing but when you listen to them suddenly they change to...
Final chose me to review the F7200 (review here) and the F4100 ($280) and provided samples free of charge. I have spent several days listening to the F4100, and I believe I can give an...
New AKG Headphones "By Tiësto" - Page 28
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #407 of 51711/12/12 at 7:12ampost #408 of 51711/12/12 at 7:39ampost #409 of 51711/12/12 at 7:42am
I heard that the K167 has the same quantity of bass of the DENON D1100 (which is almost a bass-head can), but with (much) better mids (they're too recessed on the DENON's). Anyways, I'll be able to test them by Friday (my friend's).
Edited by miow - 11/12/12 at 8:00ampost #410 of 51711/12/12 at 9:14amQuote:
D1100 is a basshead can for sure, with rather huge bass boost.
The D1100 had very little resonance/reverb in the bass frequencies though for the amount bass it packs from my experience, I had optimally preferred less quantity and slightly more reverb to it, it felt a bit too unrealisticly dry in the bass somehow.
Edited by RPGWiZaRD - 11/12/12 at 9:21ampost #411 of 51711/12/12 at 9:37ampost #412 of 51711/12/12 at 9:39amQuote:
Well I expected as much as I think D1100 is a rather horrible sounding headphone, to me worth aprox $75 sound-wise.post #413 of 51711/12/12 at 9:44ampost #414 of 51711/12/12 at 12:01pmQuote:
Yes, of course, I was just refering to the quantity of bass (from what I was told), not the quality and obviously many other aspects where the K167 must be other league.post #415 of 51711/12/12 at 1:33pmQuote:
I wonder how many of these impressions can be carried over to the big brother? Considering it will have new drivers and all that..post #416 of 51711/12/12 at 2:59pmQuote:
This is conjecture, but I would expect the variation from the K167 to K267 to be in proportion to sonic differences between M80 and M-100 except the K267 should take bass to LP2 levels on its highest setting. Even the delays of the K267 are reminiscent of the M-100 (minus dialogue with the CEO).post #417 of 51711/14/12 at 12:34ampost #418 of 51711/14/12 at 2:44ampost #419 of 51711/14/12 at 3:23am
- New AKG Headphones "By Tiësto"
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 19 seconds ago
- › A little about the Shozy Alien 19 seconds ago
- › Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV 29 seconds ago
- › Meze 99 Classics Discussion + Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › High end (IEM) cable thread: impressions, pics, comparisons and... 1 minute ago
- › Headphones vs Speakers -- an Inconvenient Truth 2 minutes ago
- › Magaosi K3 PRO impressions and discussions thread. 3 minutes ago
- › Ranking the Stars - flinkenick's 2017 IEM Flagship Shootout 5 minutes ago
- › JVC HA-FW01 - The New Top End Wood Driver IEM (2017) 5 minutes ago
- › Teac UD 503 DAC (2015 New Release, DXD, DSD256) 6 minutes ago
- › Meze 99 Neo by dweaver
- › Meze 12 Classics by Bansaku
- › Rock Jaw Audio Resonate by ngoshawk
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by krenky
- › Final F4100 by jwbrent
- › Audio-Technica AT-PHA100 by Army-Firedawg
- › Noble Audio Katana by EZE99
- › AKG K 550 by Mink
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by krenky
- › Edifier K180 by Redcarmoose
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear