The pads on K167 look VERY nice imo.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K242 HD vs AKG K272 HD Last post on 5/23/12 at 5:40am in Headphones (full-size)
- Question about AKGs... Last post on 12/18/11 at 11:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone hating Last post on 9/30/11 at 11:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K140 explored Last post on 11/28/12 at 4:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Have I bought the same headphones in different package? (K242HD and K530) The same driver in... Last post on 2/6/11 at 1:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Preamble: At HiFime, all started with the production of the Tripath TK2050 speaker amplification chip. Nowadays they are mostly known for their portable DACs that use valuable...
I've only been in this game since January but have bought a new IEM every month (at pay day obviously). Nothing yet has come close to being my go-to IEM. (I should note...I bought the Titans for...
Nuforce HEM4 – impressions and comparison with HEM2 After listening to the HEM2s recently courtesy of the Nuforce Massdrop, I managed to pick up a pair of the next model in their HEM series (the...
http://www.shozy-hk.com/zero-earphone/ Preamble: I was honored to receive an invitation to join in the Delta test of the pre-production Shozy Zero around April 16th. I received the unit...
New AKG Headphones "By Tiësto" - Page 28
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #407 of 51711/12/12 at 7:12ampost #408 of 51711/12/12 at 7:39ampost #409 of 51711/12/12 at 7:42am
I heard that the K167 has the same quantity of bass of the DENON D1100 (which is almost a bass-head can), but with (much) better mids (they're too recessed on the DENON's). Anyways, I'll be able to test them by Friday (my friend's).
Edited by miow - 11/12/12 at 8:00ampost #410 of 51711/12/12 at 9:14amQuote:
D1100 is a basshead can for sure, with rather huge bass boost.
The D1100 had very little resonance/reverb in the bass frequencies though for the amount bass it packs from my experience, I had optimally preferred less quantity and slightly more reverb to it, it felt a bit too unrealisticly dry in the bass somehow.
Edited by RPGWiZaRD - 11/12/12 at 9:21ampost #411 of 51711/12/12 at 9:37ampost #412 of 51711/12/12 at 9:39amQuote:
Well I expected as much as I think D1100 is a rather horrible sounding headphone, to me worth aprox $75 sound-wise.post #413 of 51711/12/12 at 9:44ampost #414 of 51711/12/12 at 12:01pmQuote:
Yes, of course, I was just refering to the quantity of bass (from what I was told), not the quality and obviously many other aspects where the K167 must be other league.post #415 of 51711/12/12 at 1:33pmQuote:
I wonder how many of these impressions can be carried over to the big brother? Considering it will have new drivers and all that..post #416 of 51711/12/12 at 2:59pmQuote:
This is conjecture, but I would expect the variation from the K167 to K267 to be in proportion to sonic differences between M80 and M-100 except the K267 should take bass to LP2 levels on its highest setting. Even the delays of the K267 are reminiscent of the M-100 (minus dialogue with the CEO).post #417 of 51711/14/12 at 12:34ampost #418 of 51711/14/12 at 2:44ampost #419 of 51711/14/12 at 3:23am
- New AKG Headphones "By Tiësto"
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Astell n Kern Rosie - Excellent Condition 30 seconds ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 2 minutes ago
- › Review on HtC 10 and Sound quality 2 minutes ago
- › DQSM IEM Impressions / Easy Earphones Impressions 2 minutes ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 4 minutes ago
- › *Official Schiit Magni/Modi 2 ( Uber ) Thread* 4 minutes ago
- › A Song to Show Your Love for Your Father and Win A FiiO X5! 5 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 5 minutes ago
- › 2015 Acoustic Research M2 Audiophile-Grade Hi-Res Portable Player -... 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD800 S Impressions Thread (read first post for summary) 7 minutes ago
- › HiFime SPDIF Optical 9018 DAC by HiFiChris
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by harry501501
- › TFZ Series 1 by TwinACStacks
- › NuForce HEM4 Reference Class Hi-Res In-Ear Headphones with Dual... by Jackpot77
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by TwinACStacks
- › Fostex TH-X00 Massdrop exclusive by bestula
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by DJ Liquid
- › Rockit Sounds R-50 by puccipaolo
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon by Aornic
- › oBravo EAMT-3w Hybrid Dynamic Driver and Heil Air Motion Transducer... by glassmonkey
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...