The pads on K167 look VERY nice imo.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K242 HD vs AKG K272 HD Last post on 5/23/12 at 5:40am in Headphones (full-size)
- Question about AKGs... Last post on 12/18/11 at 11:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone hating Last post on 9/30/11 at 11:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K140 explored Last post on 11/28/12 at 4:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Have I bought the same headphones in different package? (K242HD and K530) The same driver in... Last post on 2/6/11 at 1:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I was on the hunt for a well-made copper cable to complement my stock and third party cables for my Fitear IEMs when I came across Forza Audioworks. Good quality wire, ergonomics and aesthetics...
Edit1: Supposedly you have to burn this in for a while and you have to leave it on constantly to warm up or whatever according to the manual, but I wrote the review below after only about an hour...
The best phones I've tried so far. I tried some well-burnt-in beyerdynamic and others in similar price range in a store, and I have owned the 601 before. I also own closed cans, e.g. the K271, and...
First of all, a big THANK YOU to @svyr and @H20Fidelity for organising this Australian tour. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be included in this...
For several years now, Astrotec has been a name familiar to enthusiasts as a manufacturer of value-conscious, yet quality-engineered, balanced armature IEMs. This past year, they began shifting...
New AKG Headphones "By Tiësto" - Page 28
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #407 of 51711/12/12 at 7:12ampost #408 of 51711/12/12 at 7:39ampost #409 of 51711/12/12 at 7:42am
I heard that the K167 has the same quantity of bass of the DENON D1100 (which is almost a bass-head can), but with (much) better mids (they're too recessed on the DENON's). Anyways, I'll be able to test them by Friday (my friend's).
Edited by miow - 11/12/12 at 8:00ampost #410 of 51711/12/12 at 9:14amQuote:
D1100 is a basshead can for sure, with rather huge bass boost.
The D1100 had very little resonance/reverb in the bass frequencies though for the amount bass it packs from my experience, I had optimally preferred less quantity and slightly more reverb to it, it felt a bit too unrealisticly dry in the bass somehow.
Edited by RPGWiZaRD - 11/12/12 at 9:21ampost #411 of 51711/12/12 at 9:37ampost #412 of 51711/12/12 at 9:39amQuote:
Well I expected as much as I think D1100 is a rather horrible sounding headphone, to me worth aprox $75 sound-wise.post #413 of 51711/12/12 at 9:44ampost #414 of 51711/12/12 at 12:01pmQuote:
Yes, of course, I was just refering to the quantity of bass (from what I was told), not the quality and obviously many other aspects where the K167 must be other league.post #415 of 51711/12/12 at 1:33pmQuote:
I wonder how many of these impressions can be carried over to the big brother? Considering it will have new drivers and all that..post #416 of 51711/12/12 at 2:59pmQuote:
This is conjecture, but I would expect the variation from the K167 to K267 to be in proportion to sonic differences between M80 and M-100 except the K267 should take bass to LP2 levels on its highest setting. Even the delays of the K267 are reminiscent of the M-100 (minus dialogue with the CEO).post #417 of 51711/14/12 at 12:34ampost #418 of 51711/14/12 at 2:44ampost #419 of 51711/14/12 at 3:23am
- New AKG Headphones "By Tiësto"
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 1 second ago
- › Tube warmth and distortion and it's pros 32 seconds ago
- › Oppo PM-1: A New Planar Magnetic Headphone! 51 seconds ago
- › Questyle CMA800 Current Mode amp 56 seconds ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 1 minute ago
- › FiiO X5 preview world tour--call for gift ideas for our awesome... 2 minutes ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 4 minutes ago
- › The Sad State Of The So Called Audiophile DAP Market 5 minutes ago
- › Solid Headphones For Gaming, $150 limit. 5 minutes ago
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by Flizz
- › Forza Audioworks Copper Series Cable by awry
- › Burson Audio - Conductor SL 9018 - Headphone Amp and DAC by ag8908
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by unshavenbastard
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by djvkool
- › Astrotec AX-30 by bowei006
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by Ultramus
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Skullcandy Fix In Ear Headphone With 3 Button Remote - White / Chrome by killeraxemannic
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob