The pads on K167 look VERY nice imo.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K242 HD vs AKG K272 HD Last post on 5/23/12 at 5:40am in Headphones (full-size)
- Question about AKGs... Last post on 12/18/11 at 11:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone hating Last post on 9/30/11 at 11:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K140 explored Last post on 11/28/12 at 4:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Have I bought the same headphones in different package? (K242HD and K530) The same driver in... Last post on 2/6/11 at 1:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
iBasso IT03 [1xDD 2xBA] Introduction: the mission statement of the company iBasso is “To capture the essence of music for all to enjoy” On their Facebook banner it also reads “We...
In 1976 two engineering students at Cambridge University with a passion for electronics and music founded Amplification and Recording Cambridge (Arcam). In 1988 they produced the first...
Very detailed quality sound . I am able to find details which missed before. Details with layer and staging. Staging and positioning isn't huge or odd. But I can feel it in my head when listening...
Disclaimer Firstly, I would like to thank the 1More team for giving these to me for the purpose of this review. All impressions will be made from as much as an objective standpoint as possible....
This is a review of the Advanced AcousticWerkes Nebula 2 IEM’s. The Advanced AcousticWerkes (AAW) Nebula 2 was sent to me from MusicTeck who is the authorized dealer in the US for AWW. A big...
New AKG Headphones "By Tiësto" - Page 28
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #407 of 51711/12/12 at 7:12ampost #408 of 51711/12/12 at 7:39ampost #409 of 51711/12/12 at 7:42am
I heard that the K167 has the same quantity of bass of the DENON D1100 (which is almost a bass-head can), but with (much) better mids (they're too recessed on the DENON's). Anyways, I'll be able to test them by Friday (my friend's).
Edited by miow - 11/12/12 at 8:00ampost #410 of 51711/12/12 at 9:14amQuote:
D1100 is a basshead can for sure, with rather huge bass boost.
The D1100 had very little resonance/reverb in the bass frequencies though for the amount bass it packs from my experience, I had optimally preferred less quantity and slightly more reverb to it, it felt a bit too unrealisticly dry in the bass somehow.
Edited by RPGWiZaRD - 11/12/12 at 9:21ampost #411 of 51711/12/12 at 9:37ampost #412 of 51711/12/12 at 9:39amQuote:
Well I expected as much as I think D1100 is a rather horrible sounding headphone, to me worth aprox $75 sound-wise.post #413 of 51711/12/12 at 9:44ampost #414 of 51711/12/12 at 12:01pmQuote:
Yes, of course, I was just refering to the quantity of bass (from what I was told), not the quality and obviously many other aspects where the K167 must be other league.post #415 of 51711/12/12 at 1:33pmQuote:
I wonder how many of these impressions can be carried over to the big brother? Considering it will have new drivers and all that..post #416 of 51711/12/12 at 2:59pmQuote:
This is conjecture, but I would expect the variation from the K167 to K267 to be in proportion to sonic differences between M80 and M-100 except the K267 should take bass to LP2 levels on its highest setting. Even the delays of the K267 are reminiscent of the M-100 (minus dialogue with the CEO).post #417 of 51711/14/12 at 12:34ampost #418 of 51711/14/12 at 2:44ampost #419 of 51711/14/12 at 3:23am
- New AKG Headphones "By Tiësto"
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Audiophile Computer - Ex Condition - Like New 1 minute ago
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 1 minute ago
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Review / Preview With Measurements - Head-Fi TV 1 minute ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 1 minute ago
- › Rhapsodio – A force to be reckoned with 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed Version Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 4 minutes ago
- › CanJam NYC 2017 (February 4-5, 2017) 4 minutes ago
- › HD-Bluetooth TESLA Headphones from AK-Beyerdynamic (24-bit aptX-HD)... 5 minutes ago
- › RHA T20 by Cinder
- › Advanced Sound by gprs007
- › iBasso IT03 by jon parker
- › Arcam irDAC-II - DAC, Headphone Amp, Bluetooth Streamer by crabdog
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by dubbcd
- › 1MORE iBFree Bluetooth In-Ear Headphones with Microphone and Remote... by dnun8086
- › AAW Nebula Two Hybrid In-Ear Monitor by peter123
- › Brainwavz Krudul Duo Earphone Storage Management System Hanger by FUYU
- › Panasonic sealed earphone high-res sound source Silver RP-HDE10-S by Ralphee
- › SMSL sApII TPA6120A2 Big Power High Fidelity Stereo Headphone... by richyboy
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...