How long will it be for Skrillex to endorse a pair of hp's? What do you guys reckon he would go for?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K242 HD vs AKG K272 HD Last post on 5/23/12 at 5:40am in Headphones (full-size)
- Question about AKGs... Last post on 12/18/11 at 11:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone hating Last post on 9/30/11 at 11:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K140 explored Last post on 11/28/12 at 4:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Have I bought the same headphones in different package? (K242HD and K530) The same driver in... Last post on 2/6/11 at 1:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
At the time this review was written, the Ausdom M06 was on sale for $52.99 USD on Amazon. Here is a link to a listing of their product at the time of the...
[Originally posted at Basshead.Club] Bring on the thunder and lightning. Aurisonics’ flagship triple driver hybrid combines the incredible sub-bass of the ASG-B’s 14.2mm dynamic driver...
I personally thought these were a lame purchase after i had bought 'em. About a week later i just left my apartment and left them shouting out opeth and other metal with the bass in 4/4 position...
Introduction & Build Quality The SennGrado is a mod in which the drivers of the Sennheiser PX-100 II are removed and mounted in Grado style wooden cups. Variation between pairs, of course, is very...
Fiio X3 2nd generation preview Disclaimer: before jumping into the device itself, I have to talk a little bit about myself. I am still an amateur on the subject of sound quality, but I’ll...
New AKG Headphones "By Tiësto" - Page 26
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #377 of 51711/1/12 at 6:57pmpost #378 of 51711/1/12 at 7:01pmQuote:
I dunno mate, he's got a lot of mid-range "bass" going on in his music.post #379 of 51711/1/12 at 7:05pmpost #380 of 51711/1/12 at 8:05pmpost #381 of 51711/1/12 at 9:33pmQuote:Originally Posted by BRSxIgnition
Opened the AKG K267 appreciation thread. Considering they are being shipped out this week to retailers.
Dang brother canuck, I'll be subscribing and awaiting your impressions.
C'mon AKG, you still have enough left in you to make a decent mid tier headphone. Please don't screw it up.post #382 of 51711/2/12 at 2:56ampost #383 of 51711/2/12 at 3:03amQuote:
Where do you see the Ultrasone Signature DJ listed as $699? Everywhere I look, it's listed as $999 or $1199.post #384 of 51711/2/12 at 3:07ampost #385 of 51711/2/12 at 3:08ampost #386 of 51711/2/12 at 3:49am
It's gonna be exciting to see if the k267 stack up well vs the m-100 and mdr-1r in sound, comfort, and portability. Has there been any more serious in-depth reviews of the MDR's yet besides anak's?post #387 of 51711/3/12 at 6:09amQuote:post #388 of 51711/3/12 at 2:13pmQuote:
mm yeah ive seen those. Meant like big wall o text review rather than simple impressions. grrr these tiestos need to get into people's handspost #389 of 51711/6/12 at 11:55pmGot 20 minutes with the 2 smaller models: AKG K67 and AKG K167.
Both were brand new and not burned-in playing lossless files non-amped from an iPod Touch 4G, so take this into consideration.
The short version is that I'm impressed with the build quality and sound of both, isolation is also good, specially the K167, both are easy to drive, no problems playing loud using iPod only.
They have the same sound signature, a little dark with rolled off highs, but not too dark for my taste
The K67 is definately much smaller than K167, the sound is good, nice extension at both ends, the bass is boosted a little, but I'm sure many will like that, for me personally I think it's a little too much. The K67 is an on-ear design and the fit is tight, I would definately recommend that you try them before buy.
The K167 is worth the extra price, much more comfortable, the headphone is bigger but still foldable, and the sound is improved in all areas, the sound is more neutral, the bass is just right, very deep but controlled and not boosted, I would say the bass is better than my Denon AH-D2000, the sound is darker than my Denon's, but it's a fair trade, since many recordings are just a tad too bright and this compensates for that, unlike the K67, the K167 doesn't sound like a DJ headphone at all, I've tried classical, jazz, rock, pop, and it played everything very well, really among the best closed can I've heard, imagine my Denons with an improved bass and a darker sound signature, that would be a way to describe the K167.
Edited by alpha10 - 11/7/12 at 4:42am
- New AKG Headphones "By Tiësto"
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Band Name Game II 34 seconds ago
- › DSD, PCM and other myths explained.... 1 minute ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why delta-sigma kinda sucks, just... 1 minute ago
- › EarSonics Velvet universal custom in ear monitor with three sound... 1 minute ago
- › Stax: SR 002 + Srm 002 and Srm 003 mk2 + Srm 003 impression and... 2 minutes ago
- › Dunu TITAN 1 -- Titanium-Coated Diaphragm "Half In-Ear" Earphones 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 7 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 8 minutes ago
- › Beresford Capella Impressions & Discussion Thread 11 minutes ago
- › xDuoo X2 - small lossless player with microSD and OLED! 12 minutes ago
- › AUSDOM M06 Over-ear Stereo Bluetooth Headphones Wireless + Wired... by Hisoundfi
- › Aurisonics ASG-2.5 Generic Fit Digital-Hybrid In-Ear Monitors in... by Luckbad
- › Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro Black by 69Beyer
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by The Plaidypus
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by m1ku
- › Monster PowerBeats Sport Headphones by HeadPhones ON
- › ALO Audio - The New Rx by mscott58
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by bodopopa
- › Audiofly AF120 In-Ear Headphones by Woodhouse
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by hakushondaimao
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2