How long will it be for Skrillex to endorse a pair of hp's? What do you guys reckon he would go for?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K242 HD vs AKG K272 HD Last post on 5/23/12 at 5:40am in Headphones (full-size)
- Question about AKGs... Last post on 12/18/11 at 11:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone hating Last post on 9/30/11 at 11:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K140 explored Last post on 11/28/12 at 4:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Have I bought the same headphones in different package? (K242HD and K530) The same driver in... Last post on 2/6/11 at 1:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I've owned the Sennheiser Momentum for about a year now. Though it is aesthetically pleasing, and very sturdy overall, I can honestly say that it isn't worth the $300. I enjoyed the mids, which...
Not quite a review but thought I'd quote my recent observations. Quote: Originally Posted by Rob80b Well the K712s showed up, just doing some preliminary comparison with my K701s with the...
First, a big thanks to Todd The Vinyl Junkie for making the 'e' series loaner program possible. To the next guy in line: sorry I kept them for so long. The very first pair of 'high-end'...
A big thanks to TekFusion for sending the TwinWoofer in for review and Ibrahim for taking the photo shots! TekFusion is a brand new fresh company based in India. Targeted for consumer...
I enjoy these headphones very much. A beautiful sound, clear and natural with a tight bass. I am a bit surprised such small cans can sounds so good. The wood finish might not suit everyone, but...
New AKG Headphones "By Tiësto" - Page 26
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #377 of 51711/1/12 at 6:57pmpost #378 of 51711/1/12 at 7:01pmQuote:
I dunno mate, he's got a lot of mid-range "bass" going on in his music.post #379 of 51711/1/12 at 7:05pmpost #380 of 51711/1/12 at 8:05pmpost #381 of 51711/1/12 at 9:33pmQuote:Originally Posted by BRSxIgnition
Opened the AKG K267 appreciation thread. Considering they are being shipped out this week to retailers.
Dang brother canuck, I'll be subscribing and awaiting your impressions.
C'mon AKG, you still have enough left in you to make a decent mid tier headphone. Please don't screw it up.post #382 of 51711/2/12 at 2:56ampost #383 of 51711/2/12 at 3:03amQuote:
Where do you see the Ultrasone Signature DJ listed as $699? Everywhere I look, it's listed as $999 or $1199.post #384 of 51711/2/12 at 3:07ampost #385 of 51711/2/12 at 3:08ampost #386 of 51711/2/12 at 3:49am
It's gonna be exciting to see if the k267 stack up well vs the m-100 and mdr-1r in sound, comfort, and portability. Has there been any more serious in-depth reviews of the MDR's yet besides anak's?post #387 of 51711/3/12 at 6:09amQuote:post #388 of 51711/3/12 at 2:13pmQuote:
mm yeah ive seen those. Meant like big wall o text review rather than simple impressions. grrr these tiestos need to get into people's handspost #389 of 51711/6/12 at 11:55pmGot 20 minutes with the 2 smaller models: AKG K67 and AKG K167.
Both were brand new and not burned-in playing lossless files non-amped from an iPod Touch 4G, so take this into consideration.
The short version is that I'm impressed with the build quality and sound of both, isolation is also good, specially the K167, both are easy to drive, no problems playing loud using iPod only.
They have the same sound signature, a little dark with rolled off highs, but not too dark for my taste
The K67 is definately much smaller than K167, the sound is good, nice extension at both ends, the bass is boosted a little, but I'm sure many will like that, for me personally I think it's a little too much. The K67 is an on-ear design and the fit is tight, I would definately recommend that you try them before buy.
The K167 is worth the extra price, much more comfortable, the headphone is bigger but still foldable, and the sound is improved in all areas, the sound is more neutral, the bass is just right, very deep but controlled and not boosted, I would say the bass is better than my Denon AH-D2000, the sound is darker than my Denon's, but it's a fair trade, since many recordings are just a tad too bright and this compensates for that, unlike the K67, the K167 doesn't sound like a DJ headphone at all, I've tried classical, jazz, rock, pop, and it played everything very well, really among the best closed can I've heard, imagine my Denons with an improved bass and a darker sound signature, that would be a way to describe the K167.
Edited by alpha10 - 11/7/12 at 4:42am
- New AKG Headphones "By Tiësto"
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 3 seconds ago
- › Westone ES60 unboxing and first impressions 5 seconds ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 13 seconds ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 1 minute ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › T-PEOS Altone200 - 3 - Way - Hybrid introduction / impressions -... 2 minutes ago
- › V-MODA XS - V-MODA M-80s upgraded - Pictures and more! [Discussion,... 2 minutes ago
- › Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon &... 2 minutes ago
- › AKG new headphone K545? 2 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › AKG K712 Pro by Rob80b
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M40x Professional Headphones by krishtrinity1
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by subwoof3r
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by lin0003
- › FiiO Kilimanjaro 2 (E11K) Portable Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by TheAfterEffect
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)