How long will it be for Skrillex to endorse a pair of hp's? What do you guys reckon he would go for?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K242 HD vs AKG K272 HD Last post on 5/23/12 at 5:40am in Headphones (full-size)
- Question about AKGs... Last post on 12/18/11 at 11:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone hating Last post on 9/30/11 at 11:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K140 explored Last post on 11/28/12 at 4:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Have I bought the same headphones in different package? (K242HD and K530) The same driver in... Last post on 2/6/11 at 1:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Let's keep this short. There are better headphones out there without any cons. The Grado RS1i can get shouty at times or give a bit of weird bass. The comfort isn't great either although I changed...
First of all, I have bought these headphones exactly one week ago. I have upgraded to these from my Superlux 668b. I will do a review now, and update it after another couple of weeks worth...
I am from China and I'd like to say Chinese people are lucky enough to have the opportunity to reach most of device in the area of audio especially some brand only provided in China.So it made me...
The Theorem 720 is magical.. Using it is like stepping into a foreign land where everything is crisp, detailed, and so very vivid that you’ll never want to leave again for the boring, veiled,...
This is my first DAP. I bought it in August with pre-installed 2.1 firmware and I have to say I am positively surprised how great this player sounds. I honestly can not compare it with other DAPs...
New AKG Headphones "By Tiësto" - Page 26
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #377 of 51711/1/12 at 6:57pmpost #378 of 51711/1/12 at 7:01pmQuote:
I dunno mate, he's got a lot of mid-range "bass" going on in his music.post #379 of 51711/1/12 at 7:05pmpost #380 of 51711/1/12 at 8:05pmpost #381 of 51711/1/12 at 9:33pmQuote:Originally Posted by BRSxIgnition
Opened the AKG K267 appreciation thread. Considering they are being shipped out this week to retailers.
Dang brother canuck, I'll be subscribing and awaiting your impressions.
C'mon AKG, you still have enough left in you to make a decent mid tier headphone. Please don't screw it up.post #382 of 51711/2/12 at 2:56ampost #383 of 51711/2/12 at 3:03amQuote:
Where do you see the Ultrasone Signature DJ listed as $699? Everywhere I look, it's listed as $999 or $1199.post #384 of 51711/2/12 at 3:07ampost #385 of 51711/2/12 at 3:08ampost #386 of 51711/2/12 at 3:49am
It's gonna be exciting to see if the k267 stack up well vs the m-100 and mdr-1r in sound, comfort, and portability. Has there been any more serious in-depth reviews of the MDR's yet besides anak's?post #387 of 51711/3/12 at 6:09amQuote:post #388 of 51711/3/12 at 2:13pmQuote:
mm yeah ive seen those. Meant like big wall o text review rather than simple impressions. grrr these tiestos need to get into people's handspost #389 of 51711/6/12 at 11:55pmGot 20 minutes with the 2 smaller models: AKG K67 and AKG K167.
Both were brand new and not burned-in playing lossless files non-amped from an iPod Touch 4G, so take this into consideration.
The short version is that I'm impressed with the build quality and sound of both, isolation is also good, specially the K167, both are easy to drive, no problems playing loud using iPod only.
They have the same sound signature, a little dark with rolled off highs, but not too dark for my taste
The K67 is definately much smaller than K167, the sound is good, nice extension at both ends, the bass is boosted a little, but I'm sure many will like that, for me personally I think it's a little too much. The K67 is an on-ear design and the fit is tight, I would definately recommend that you try them before buy.
The K167 is worth the extra price, much more comfortable, the headphone is bigger but still foldable, and the sound is improved in all areas, the sound is more neutral, the bass is just right, very deep but controlled and not boosted, I would say the bass is better than my Denon AH-D2000, the sound is darker than my Denon's, but it's a fair trade, since many recordings are just a tad too bright and this compensates for that, unlike the K67, the K167 doesn't sound like a DJ headphone at all, I've tried classical, jazz, rock, pop, and it played everything very well, really among the best closed can I've heard, imagine my Denons with an improved bass and a darker sound signature, that would be a way to describe the K167.
Edited by alpha10 - 11/7/12 at 4:42am
- New AKG Headphones "By Tiësto"
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 21 seconds ago
- › LFF's Enigma (new from the maker of the Paradox) 25 seconds ago
- › New WESTONE W-SERIES 34 seconds ago
- › SF Bay Area little big MEET (it's happening!) 40 seconds ago
- › FiiO " Flagship " portable amp Mont Blanc/E12 discussing thread. 54 seconds ago
- › Metro Detroit 2014 Head-Fi Meet Impressions Thread 57 seconds ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › iPhone 6 with 128GB 1 minute ago
- › T-PEOS Altone200 - 3 - Way - Hybrid introduction / impressions -... 7 minutes ago
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier by cripple1
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)