How long will it be for Skrillex to endorse a pair of hp's? What do you guys reckon he would go for?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K242 HD vs AKG K272 HD Last post on 5/23/12 at 5:40am in Headphones (full-size)
- Question about AKGs... Last post on 12/18/11 at 11:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone hating Last post on 9/30/11 at 11:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K140 explored Last post on 11/28/12 at 4:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Have I bought the same headphones in different package? (K242HD and K530) The same driver in... Last post on 2/6/11 at 1:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Why I love iFi and their products iFi have been known, reputably for their amazing amplifiers and DAC. Ranging from Nano to Micro to Retro and the most recent addition, the Pro line, iFi have an...
Build/Accessories: The Earsonics SM3 is a triple balanced armature IEM, with one driver for the lows, one for the mids, and one for the treble region. the shell is clear acryllic on the...
Introduction – The X5 is perhaps the quintessential Fiio player, it was one of their first devices and also one of their most universally acclaimed. Fiio have come far since the unveiling of the...
Introduction FiiO X5-2 is the second generation of X5 DAPs (digital audio players) from FiiO. I owned a FiiO X5 for quite a while before buying X5-2 and I was...
Brainwavz is a company that should be well known by now to anyone who's familiar with Head-Fi. Known for their excellent build quality and reasonable prices, Brainwavz should always be on your...
New AKG Headphones "By Tiësto" - Page 26
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #377 of 51711/1/12 at 6:57pmpost #378 of 51711/1/12 at 7:01pmQuote:
I dunno mate, he's got a lot of mid-range "bass" going on in his music.post #379 of 51711/1/12 at 7:05pmpost #380 of 51711/1/12 at 8:05pmpost #381 of 51711/1/12 at 9:33pmQuote:Originally Posted by BRSxIgnition
Opened the AKG K267 appreciation thread. Considering they are being shipped out this week to retailers.
Dang brother canuck, I'll be subscribing and awaiting your impressions.
C'mon AKG, you still have enough left in you to make a decent mid tier headphone. Please don't screw it up.post #382 of 51711/2/12 at 2:56ampost #383 of 51711/2/12 at 3:03amQuote:
Where do you see the Ultrasone Signature DJ listed as $699? Everywhere I look, it's listed as $999 or $1199.post #384 of 51711/2/12 at 3:07ampost #385 of 51711/2/12 at 3:08ampost #386 of 51711/2/12 at 3:49am
It's gonna be exciting to see if the k267 stack up well vs the m-100 and mdr-1r in sound, comfort, and portability. Has there been any more serious in-depth reviews of the MDR's yet besides anak's?post #387 of 51711/3/12 at 6:09amQuote:post #388 of 51711/3/12 at 2:13pmQuote:
mm yeah ive seen those. Meant like big wall o text review rather than simple impressions. grrr these tiestos need to get into people's handspost #389 of 51711/6/12 at 11:55pmGot 20 minutes with the 2 smaller models: AKG K67 and AKG K167.
Both were brand new and not burned-in playing lossless files non-amped from an iPod Touch 4G, so take this into consideration.
The short version is that I'm impressed with the build quality and sound of both, isolation is also good, specially the K167, both are easy to drive, no problems playing loud using iPod only.
They have the same sound signature, a little dark with rolled off highs, but not too dark for my taste
The K67 is definately much smaller than K167, the sound is good, nice extension at both ends, the bass is boosted a little, but I'm sure many will like that, for me personally I think it's a little too much. The K67 is an on-ear design and the fit is tight, I would definately recommend that you try them before buy.
The K167 is worth the extra price, much more comfortable, the headphone is bigger but still foldable, and the sound is improved in all areas, the sound is more neutral, the bass is just right, very deep but controlled and not boosted, I would say the bass is better than my Denon AH-D2000, the sound is darker than my Denon's, but it's a fair trade, since many recordings are just a tad too bright and this compensates for that, unlike the K67, the K167 doesn't sound like a DJ headphone at all, I've tried classical, jazz, rock, pop, and it played everything very well, really among the best closed can I've heard, imagine my Denons with an improved bass and a darker sound signature, that would be a way to describe the K167.
Edited by alpha10 - 11/7/12 at 4:42am
- New AKG Headphones "By Tiësto"
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › WTB : Senn hd800-S 1 minute ago
- › [WANTED] Sennheiser HD 580 1 minute ago
- › MYSPHERE 3.1-UNIQUE in SOUND&DESIGN&BUILD QUALITY 2 minutes ago
- › DX200 Details, features and specifications 1st page. With WiFi and... 3 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆ 3 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 3 minutes ago
- › New Dragonfly Black and Red Discussion 4 minutes ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read... 5 minutes ago
- › The Fiio A5 thread: an upgrade of E12A, MUSES02+LME49600, 800mW,... 5 minutes ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 5 minutes ago
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by BillsonChang007
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by mrstrangeguy
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by ryanjsoo
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Dobrescu George
- › Brainwavz B150 by crabdog
- › 1MORE1008 Earbud by Peddler
- › Cayin i5 by subguy812
- › Lotoo Paw Pico by twister6
- › Shanling UP Portable DAC/Headphone Amplifier AMP ES9018K2M+MAX97... by ngoshawk
- › PureSounds PS100-600 by BloodyPenguin
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear