The bass boost feature on K181 DJ was superb. They went from 'nice bass' to 'holy ****' bass.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K242 HD vs AKG K272 HD Last post on 5/23/12 at 5:40am in Headphones (full-size)
- Question about AKGs... Last post on 12/18/11 at 11:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone hating Last post on 9/30/11 at 11:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K140 explored Last post on 11/28/12 at 4:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Have I bought the same headphones in different package? (K242HD and K530) The same driver in... Last post on 2/6/11 at 1:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Dynamic headphones by the primarily planar producing HiFiman, very good value(especially if you live in america). Detailed and strong treble, decent mids and midbass yet a little light on lower...
Confusingly, I think Sennheiser is rebranding the Momentum In-Ear (M2 IEi) headphones as HD 1 In-Ear – specifications and appearance are identical. I bought these when my Klipsch S4i started...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTIONEvery so often as a reviewer you get a surprise – something not quite expected. Sometimes its...
Hello, This is my first review on Head-Fi, or anywhere else for that matter. I will not go through the normal paces of creating a review based on the set pattern of product history, build and...
The detail, imaging, and sound-staging are accurate and bring your headphones the neutral platform they need in order to perform the way their engineers intended. The DAC is the high point of...
New AKG Headphones "By Tiësto" - Page 24
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #347 of 51710/27/12 at 7:07ampost #348 of 51710/28/12 at 1:44pmpost #349 of 51710/28/12 at 1:55pmpost #350 of 51710/28/12 at 2:16pmpost #351 of 51710/28/12 at 3:57pmpost #352 of 51710/28/12 at 5:14pmpost #353 of 51710/28/12 at 6:17pm
Biggest thing I want to find out is if these are better than V-Moda Crossfade M-100's. If they're even close to that, while being a better sound signature for me, I'm in. (This would mean similar treble, more aggressive mid-range if possible, "as good" bass punch, but without the width, better comfort.. etc)
Out of curiosity, do people think the cups of the K267 will be smaller than the K550/551 cups? Or the same size? if they're the same size, they're going to have issues with seal. On that note, I wonder if the 50mm driver used in the K267's is the same one as the K550's? If so, and it just has better bass, these may be the headphones for me...
Ahh, so excited! The site says late October launch, so launch already!
Edited by BRSxIgnition - 10/28/12 at 6:19pmpost #354 of 51710/28/12 at 7:38pmpost #355 of 51710/28/12 at 7:55pmpost #356 of 51710/28/12 at 8:13pmQuote:
I really don't think the mixr even deserves to be compared to any AKG headphone.
Edited by BRSxIgnition - 10/28/12 at 8:17pmpost #357 of 51710/28/12 at 8:19pmQuote:
There's no harm in it. In every comparison I've seen involving any Beats to other brands results in a very nice Beats-Bashing. Besides, the Mixr's are supposed to be decent in the Beats by Dre line, no?post #358 of 51710/28/12 at 8:33pmQuote:
Well, from what I've heard, the mixr is one of - if not the - worst sounding headphones in the beats line up. That's on top of the comfort issues I've heard about them.
Either way, I'd love to get impressions from you HifiGuy, assuming you get yours before me.
Edited by BRSxIgnition - 10/28/12 at 8:37pmpost #359 of 51710/28/12 at 9:22pm
Yeah I thought the Mixrs took the unnaturalness I kind of liked in the Pros and turned it up to 11. It's really, really funky sounding to the point where it's gross.
I wonder how the sound finagling works on them. The switches don't seem to create a bass port like they do with the K181. The K181's bass switch actually makes me laugh because they're already pretty bassy without the port, but with it open, it gets to Beats level impact but with a midrange.
- New AKG Headphones "By Tiësto"
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread 43 seconds ago
- › Oriolus Hybrid IEM 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 1 minute ago
- › Walnut Hi-Fi V2 WAV (& MP3) Player by wt - 👌 screenless budget... 1 minute ago
- › New Member Looking for New Gear Schiit jotunheim and Sennheiser HD 650 1 minute ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-ES10 + Leather Earpads HP-ESW11 3 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 3 minutes ago
- › K712 vs Spirit Pro vs MDR7520 for transient response accuracy,... 4 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest NightOwl - A closed-back NightHawk 5 minutes ago
- › Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (advanced wireless & microSD module for... 5 minutes ago
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by machielsste
- › Sennheiser Momentum In Ear (iOS version) - Black Chrome by HiWire
- › Fiio F1 Dynamic In-ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ENIGMAcoustics Dharma D1000 by geoffalter11
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DAC by audiobean
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by Dobrescu George
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by B9Scrambler
- › HiLisening MaGaosi Newest High end Detachable Design K3 In-Ear HiFi... by TwinACStacks
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by SOULSIK
- › Brainwavz B200 by earfonia
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear