The bass boost feature on K181 DJ was superb. They went from 'nice bass' to 'holy ****' bass.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K242 HD vs AKG K272 HD Last post on 5/23/12 at 5:40am in Headphones (full-size)
- Question about AKGs... Last post on 12/18/11 at 11:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone hating Last post on 9/30/11 at 11:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K140 explored Last post on 11/28/12 at 4:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Have I bought the same headphones in different package? (K242HD and K530) The same driver in... Last post on 2/6/11 at 1:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Now that I've heard all the ADEL modules from Asius technologies(what has been released since 8/16), it's even harder to pick a favorite. Some days I want to tune the sound to my unique anatomy,...
I dont want to waste my time writing an essay for something that lasted only 1 or 2 months. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBnJ9zrnhGU My Rant and broken Shures in link above The bass...
(PS: Some content here may be a no-brainer for most but is just there for the less-informed). Please also ignore any errors, judgements. I'm a medio-phile and not an audiophile so, judge...
Looking for earbuds can be kind of a nightmare. So many players in the game, so much variety in terms of sound, design, features, and price. I don't want to spend a lot of money since they're used...
New AKG Headphones "By Tiësto" - Page 24
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #347 of 51710/27/12 at 7:07ampost #348 of 51710/28/12 at 1:44pmpost #349 of 51710/28/12 at 1:55pmpost #350 of 51710/28/12 at 2:16pmpost #351 of 51710/28/12 at 3:57pmpost #352 of 51710/28/12 at 5:14pmpost #353 of 51710/28/12 at 6:17pm
Biggest thing I want to find out is if these are better than V-Moda Crossfade M-100's. If they're even close to that, while being a better sound signature for me, I'm in. (This would mean similar treble, more aggressive mid-range if possible, "as good" bass punch, but without the width, better comfort.. etc)
Out of curiosity, do people think the cups of the K267 will be smaller than the K550/551 cups? Or the same size? if they're the same size, they're going to have issues with seal. On that note, I wonder if the 50mm driver used in the K267's is the same one as the K550's? If so, and it just has better bass, these may be the headphones for me...
Ahh, so excited! The site says late October launch, so launch already!
Edited by BRSxIgnition - 10/28/12 at 6:19pmpost #354 of 51710/28/12 at 7:38pmpost #355 of 51710/28/12 at 7:55pmpost #356 of 51710/28/12 at 8:13pmQuote:
I really don't think the mixr even deserves to be compared to any AKG headphone.
Edited by BRSxIgnition - 10/28/12 at 8:17pmpost #357 of 51710/28/12 at 8:19pmQuote:
There's no harm in it. In every comparison I've seen involving any Beats to other brands results in a very nice Beats-Bashing. Besides, the Mixr's are supposed to be decent in the Beats by Dre line, no?post #358 of 51710/28/12 at 8:33pmQuote:
Well, from what I've heard, the mixr is one of - if not the - worst sounding headphones in the beats line up. That's on top of the comfort issues I've heard about them.
Either way, I'd love to get impressions from you HifiGuy, assuming you get yours before me.
Edited by BRSxIgnition - 10/28/12 at 8:37pmpost #359 of 51710/28/12 at 9:22pm
Yeah I thought the Mixrs took the unnaturalness I kind of liked in the Pros and turned it up to 11. It's really, really funky sounding to the point where it's gross.
I wonder how the sound finagling works on them. The switches don't seem to create a bass port like they do with the K181. The K181's bass switch actually makes me laugh because they're already pretty bassy without the port, but with it open, it gets to Beats level impact but with a midrange.
- New AKG Headphones "By Tiësto"
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Are portable head amps really necessary? 3 seconds ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk & Monk Plus: a $5 earbud that taking... 5 seconds ago
- › Sony MDR-7520 30 seconds ago
- › Happy as a Pig in Schiit: Introducing Modi Multibit 36 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 3 minutes ago
- › Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1) 3 minutes ago
- › New from Garage1217, the solid-state Project Polaris! 4 minutes ago
- › Asius Technologies ADEL™ G1 Auto Modules by Ike1985
- › AAW Nebula Two Hybrid In-Ear Monitor by tz0531
- › Shure SE215 by Nick Walters
- › E-mu Teak Headphones by AT Khan
- › Marshall Mode In-Ear Headphones, Black/White (4090939) by PopZeus
- › Pro-Ject Debut Carbon by davehg
- › Brainwavz Jive by Lurk650
- › Campfire Audio Andromeda by k4rstar
- › Bluedio U (UFO) PPS 8 Drivers Over-ear Bluetooth Wireless Headphone... by Peddler
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by earfonia
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...