The bass boost feature on K181 DJ was superb. They went from 'nice bass' to 'holy ****' bass.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K242 HD vs AKG K272 HD Last post on 5/23/12 at 5:40am in Headphones (full-size)
- Question about AKGs... Last post on 12/18/11 at 11:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone hating Last post on 9/30/11 at 11:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K140 explored Last post on 11/28/12 at 4:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Have I bought the same headphones in different package? (K242HD and K530) The same driver in... Last post on 2/6/11 at 1:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
New AKG Headphones "By Tiësto" - Page 24
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #347 of 51710/27/12 at 7:07ampost #348 of 51710/28/12 at 1:44pmpost #349 of 51710/28/12 at 1:55pmpost #350 of 51710/28/12 at 2:16pmpost #351 of 51710/28/12 at 3:57pmpost #352 of 51710/28/12 at 5:14pmpost #353 of 51710/28/12 at 6:17pm
Biggest thing I want to find out is if these are better than V-Moda Crossfade M-100's. If they're even close to that, while being a better sound signature for me, I'm in. (This would mean similar treble, more aggressive mid-range if possible, "as good" bass punch, but without the width, better comfort.. etc)
Out of curiosity, do people think the cups of the K267 will be smaller than the K550/551 cups? Or the same size? if they're the same size, they're going to have issues with seal. On that note, I wonder if the 50mm driver used in the K267's is the same one as the K550's? If so, and it just has better bass, these may be the headphones for me...
Ahh, so excited! The site says late October launch, so launch already!
Edited by BRSxIgnition - 10/28/12 at 6:19pmpost #354 of 51710/28/12 at 7:38pmpost #355 of 51710/28/12 at 7:55pmpost #356 of 51710/28/12 at 8:13pmQuote:
I really don't think the mixr even deserves to be compared to any AKG headphone.
Edited by BRSxIgnition - 10/28/12 at 8:17pmpost #357 of 51710/28/12 at 8:19pmQuote:
There's no harm in it. In every comparison I've seen involving any Beats to other brands results in a very nice Beats-Bashing. Besides, the Mixr's are supposed to be decent in the Beats by Dre line, no?post #358 of 51710/28/12 at 8:33pmQuote:
Well, from what I've heard, the mixr is one of - if not the - worst sounding headphones in the beats line up. That's on top of the comfort issues I've heard about them.
Either way, I'd love to get impressions from you HifiGuy, assuming you get yours before me.
Edited by BRSxIgnition - 10/28/12 at 8:37pmpost #359 of 51710/28/12 at 9:22pm
Yeah I thought the Mixrs took the unnaturalness I kind of liked in the Pros and turned it up to 11. It's really, really funky sounding to the point where it's gross.
I wonder how the sound finagling works on them. The switches don't seem to create a bass port like they do with the K181. The K181's bass switch actually makes me laugh because they're already pretty bassy without the port, but with it open, it gets to Beats level impact but with a midrange.
- New AKG Headphones "By Tiësto"
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Three Word Story 21 seconds ago
- › 2015 - Sony PHA - 1A Portable Hi-Res DAC/Headphone Amplifier 40 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 58 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › 3rd pair?!?! 1 minute ago
- › Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign 3 minutes ago
- › You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2! 5 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 5 minutes ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 5 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 5 minutes ago
- › MEElectronics Air-Fi® Matrix2 AF62 Stereo Bluetooth®... by twister6
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by peter123
- › Sennheiser IE800 by Lan647
- › Perfect Seal SportBud Silver by DreamKing
- › Sony MDR7506 Professional Large Diaphragm Headphone by RudeWolf
- › Grado Labs SR80e by Pokemonn
- › Aune B1 by money4me247
- › Hippo Biscuit by BruceBanner
- › MartinLogan Mikros 90 Reference On-Ear Headphones by remwang
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by mark2410
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2