The bass boost feature on K181 DJ was superb. They went from 'nice bass' to 'holy ****' bass.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K242 HD vs AKG K272 HD Last post on 5/23/12 at 5:40am in Headphones (full-size)
- Question about AKGs... Last post on 12/18/11 at 11:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone hating Last post on 9/30/11 at 11:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K140 explored Last post on 11/28/12 at 4:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Have I bought the same headphones in different package? (K242HD and K530) The same driver in... Last post on 2/6/11 at 1:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
For larger views of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTION I've been working with Trinity (Trinity Audio Engineering) for almost a couple of years now. I don't...
It was raining, and I mean really raining. This was a problem as I really wanted to listen Radiohead's new album ( A Moon Shaped Pool) on my always seemingly endless commute to work. The first part...
I bought this ckr9ltd from AliExpress for 47USD, less than the usual 120USD RRP. Few fellow buyer with original ckr9ltd claimed that this is a real deal. I have no problem whatsoever to believe...
Disclamer. I provided these Sony Z5 for myself just for the sheer sound of it. These were not given to me for any type of review. I am writing these impressions of these works of art due...
Background I ordered my pair of AAW A3H Pros during Black Friday weekend 2015 at a certain group-buying website, hoping to get my feet wet in the world of customs at a price that wouldn't break...
New AKG Headphones "By Tiësto" - Page 24
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #347 of 51710/27/12 at 7:07ampost #348 of 51710/28/12 at 1:44pmpost #349 of 51710/28/12 at 1:55pmpost #350 of 51710/28/12 at 2:16pmpost #351 of 51710/28/12 at 3:57pmpost #352 of 51710/28/12 at 5:14pmpost #353 of 51710/28/12 at 6:17pm
Biggest thing I want to find out is if these are better than V-Moda Crossfade M-100's. If they're even close to that, while being a better sound signature for me, I'm in. (This would mean similar treble, more aggressive mid-range if possible, "as good" bass punch, but without the width, better comfort.. etc)
Out of curiosity, do people think the cups of the K267 will be smaller than the K550/551 cups? Or the same size? if they're the same size, they're going to have issues with seal. On that note, I wonder if the 50mm driver used in the K267's is the same one as the K550's? If so, and it just has better bass, these may be the headphones for me...
Ahh, so excited! The site says late October launch, so launch already!
Edited by BRSxIgnition - 10/28/12 at 6:19pmpost #354 of 51710/28/12 at 7:38pmpost #355 of 51710/28/12 at 7:55pmpost #356 of 51710/28/12 at 8:13pmQuote:
I really don't think the mixr even deserves to be compared to any AKG headphone.
Edited by BRSxIgnition - 10/28/12 at 8:17pmpost #357 of 51710/28/12 at 8:19pmQuote:
There's no harm in it. In every comparison I've seen involving any Beats to other brands results in a very nice Beats-Bashing. Besides, the Mixr's are supposed to be decent in the Beats by Dre line, no?post #358 of 51710/28/12 at 8:33pmQuote:
Well, from what I've heard, the mixr is one of - if not the - worst sounding headphones in the beats line up. That's on top of the comfort issues I've heard about them.
Either way, I'd love to get impressions from you HifiGuy, assuming you get yours before me.
Edited by BRSxIgnition - 10/28/12 at 8:37pmpost #359 of 51710/28/12 at 9:22pm
Yeah I thought the Mixrs took the unnaturalness I kind of liked in the Pros and turned it up to 11. It's really, really funky sounding to the point where it's gross.
I wonder how the sound finagling works on them. The switches don't seem to create a bass port like they do with the K181. The K181's bass switch actually makes me laugh because they're already pretty bassy without the port, but with it open, it gets to Beats level impact but with a midrange.
- New AKG Headphones "By Tiësto"
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › ATH WS99BT Discussion & Impressions 52 seconds ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 1 minute ago
- › Questyle QP1 1 minute ago
- › DX200 The style has been chosen by your votes. Details of design... 1 minute ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android + Amp Module... 3 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 4 minutes ago
- › OPPO Introduces Sonica: A $299 High Fidelity Wi-Fi Speaker 4 minutes ago
- › Best studio headphones for mixing/mastering TRANCE 5 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 5 minutes ago
- › Comparisons: 30 of the Top Closed/Portable Headphones Around 6 minutes ago
- › Trinity Delta V2 - Dual Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Sennheiser CX 5.00G Black In-Ear Canal Headset by Slaphead
- › Audio-Technica ATH CKR9 LTD by AzimAkbar
- › Sony XBA-Z5 Ultimate Hi-Res In Ear Headphone by Dsnuts
- › AAW A3H Pro Custom In-Ear Monitor by tz0531
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Zelda
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by Voyageur
- › W4S Recovery USB Reclocker by leeperry
- › Somic v2 by mark2410
- › Jays q-JAYS v2.0 by NeObliviscaris
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...