it should be open
- productSony MDR-MA100 Over the Head Style Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
- productSony MDR-MA300 Over the Head Style Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
- productSony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
- productSony MDR-V55/BR DJ style Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
- productSony MDR-ZX600/BLK Over the Head Style Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- sony zx600 vs v55. Last post on 9/29/13 at 9:41am in Headphones (full-size)
- Would you trust Refurbished headphones? Sort of a review of Sony's refurbished headphones Last post on 7/3/13 at 7:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Plz advice me some budget headphone!!! Last post on 3/12/13 at 6:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- sony mdr ma900 vs sony mdr 1r Last post on 11/27/13 at 7:38am in Headphones (full-size)
- best IEMs and full size headphones under $100 Last post on 10/17/12 at 9:49am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: Yesterday
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
Introduction - The HD 518's are the starter model in the Sennheiser's audiophile range. They are really VFM and a good starter audiophile headphone for people who are looking into going the...
I got these on a pawn shop deal, and wanted some cheap headphones that could deliver for what I was looking for. An all-arounder that provided clarity, good bass, nice treble, and handled all...
Introduction: I still don't know why I keep buying headphones, really! I thought I was done but no, headphones like this one have to pop up on my radar and I'm weak enough that I have to buy...
Comparing these to my Philips L1 and my Beyer T1 they have a lot more mid-bass through midrange and are slightly tilted toward the high. They sound great but quite a bit different sound signature...
DISCLAIMER This review is based on the demo set at Jaben Singapore, which I have demoed extensively no less than 3 times. Though fit is pretty good, but as perfect fit is not achieved, I shall...
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
New sony mdr zx600, mdr v55, mdr ma100, ma300, ma900 - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
A guy who did an unboxing video on YouTube said that they were "definitely closed back". The Japanese versions of the MA100, as seen on a Japanese unboxing video, look like the 300/600s with a grille back.
Edited by FloconsDeMais - 1/9/13 at 11:55pm
The mdr-ma100 is open. It has a grill on the back and the drivers are angled in towards the ears.
The sound is very open and clear in the top end. Graphs suggest a roll off, but on the ear, they sound quite toppy. They have a healthy mid bass but no real deep bass.
Build is plasticky and cheap but then again, they are a really cheap headphone.
For the money, they are very nice sounding. I was really surprised.
should i get the sony mdr-zx600 or the fanny wang 2001? Been looking for a new pair of headphones for some time now.
I'd definately suggest the mdr zx600 from Sony, from my experience (just a couple minutes hands on) the zx600's durability is far beyond most portable headphones within its price range.
- New sony mdr zx600, mdr v55, mdr ma100, ma300, ma900
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 24 seconds ago
- › Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › FS: GIANT cable sell-off - Blue Jeans, Anti-cable - 50% off 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 1 minute ago
- › Sell Cvv All Country >>> Fresh And Cheap 1 minute ago
- › LG Tone Ultra (HBS-800) Bluetooth Stereo Headset 2 minutes ago
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for... 2 minutes ago
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 2 minutes ago
- › Best amp/soundcard to go with AKG Studio 240s 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by xoriac
- › Roland RH-200 Monitor Headphones by IEMagnet01
- › Perfect Sound d901b by gelocks
- › Sony MDR-7520 Professional Headphones by groovyd
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Joe-Siow
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by kingpage
- › Sony NWZ-A818 8GB by stuartfang
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by adevriesc
- › Samson SR950 by adevriesc
- › Yamaha HPH-200 Headphone (Black) by adevriesc
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi