it should be open
- productSony MDR-MA100 Over the Head Style Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
- productSony MDR-MA300 Over the Head Style Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
- productSony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
- productSony MDR-V55/BR DJ style Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
- productSony MDR-ZX600/BLK Over the Head Style Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- sony zx600 vs v55. Last post on 9/29/13 at 9:41am in Headphones (full-size)
- Would you trust Refurbished headphones? Sort of a review of Sony's refurbished headphones Last post on 7/3/13 at 7:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Plz advice me some budget headphone!!! Last post on 3/12/13 at 6:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- sony mdr ma900 vs sony mdr 1r Last post on 11/27/13 at 7:38am in Headphones (full-size)
- best IEMs and full size headphones under $100 Last post on 5/26/14 at 11:06am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Here are my impressions of the Fiio X1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEj0wLE-ojU
New sony mdr zx600, mdr v55, mdr ma100, ma300, ma900 - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
A guy who did an unboxing video on YouTube said that they were "definitely closed back". The Japanese versions of the MA100, as seen on a Japanese unboxing video, look like the 300/600s with a grille back.
Edited by FloconsDeMais - 1/9/13 at 11:55pm
The mdr-ma100 is open. It has a grill on the back and the drivers are angled in towards the ears.
The sound is very open and clear in the top end. Graphs suggest a roll off, but on the ear, they sound quite toppy. They have a healthy mid bass but no real deep bass.
Build is plasticky and cheap but then again, they are a really cheap headphone.
For the money, they are very nice sounding. I was really surprised.
should i get the sony mdr-zx600 or the fanny wang 2001? Been looking for a new pair of headphones for some time now.
I'd definately suggest the mdr zx600 from Sony, from my experience (just a couple minutes hands on) the zx600's durability is far beyond most portable headphones within its price range.
- New sony mdr zx600, mdr v55, mdr ma100, ma300, ma900
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 17 seconds ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 45 seconds ago
- › NEW! SONY NWZ-A10 Series Walkman. Micro SD Card Slot! 2 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Wave 3 minutes ago
- › Tools for Analyzing the Quality of Mastering 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 5 minutes ago
- › FS: Matrix Cube USB DAC/AMP with cables + box (Mint) 5 minutes ago
- › shure 440 vs sony mdr 7506 5 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic XP1 by SawItComing
- › Audio-Technica ATH-WS77 SOLID BASS Portable Headphones (Japan Import) by DisCHORDDubstep
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by thatBeatsguy
- › Fostex TH 900 by smitty1110
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by aquamacs
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM02 balanced amature inner earphone by thatonenoob
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by thatonenoob
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by H20Fidelity
- › Beyerdynamic Tesla T1 by smitty1110
- › Shure SE215 by SawItComing
- › Indonesia gold mine for social networking
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3