Exactly when is this breathing? My copy of the Album in MP3 (25th year edition,) starts Smooth Criminal immediately with a loud crescendo and heartbeats. Due to the masking this would cause, I doubt anyone is going to pickup breathing very softly when the music is thumping.
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 9/16/14
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD800S Unveiled! Last post on Yesterday at 10:45 pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Sennheiser HD800 (like new) Price with shipping inside EU Last post on 5/21/15 at 10:20am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- HD800: Valhalla2 or Lyr2 Last post on 6/7/16 at 7:39pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- McIntosh MHA-100 headphone amplifier review Last post on 12/1/16 at 1:38pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- My Grado SR325e's lost their magic Last post on 8/23/15 at 5:45am in Headphones (full-size)
In my self-imposed haughtiness and superiority, I have always told Alfred and Martin that I will be the high-end reviewer for this blog, and that they should be responsible for more budget...
First of all, thank you so much to Ifi-Audio for sending me a black edition to review for free! Really awesome of them to involve the audio community to such a degree. I will keep this review...
I try not to be an extremist and I try to give most products I review a decent amount of hearing before making any judgments on their quality but when a product reaches with a level of quality I...
A great purchase for under 180 pounds, these headphones blow the direct competition away when it comes to almost everything. They arrive in a nice premium package with a thick, high grade cable for...
A reasonably priced pair of premium Open back headphones. They are well made and super comfortable and have a luxurious appearance well suited to home hi fi use. Unlike other hi fidelity phones...
JUST EXPERIENCED MY 1st .FLAC+HEADPHONE REVELATION! What's yours?? - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
^If that is the breathing, I think it's just the recording. Mine doesn't have that, but when I playback the video on my laptop speakers (below average even for laptops,) I can hear it distinctly.
My first thought on this that it's not the properties of mp3 or flac that make the difference but it's probably due to the flac file being from a different (better) remaster.
I'd say (properly) encode the flac file into MP3-320 and chances are that you can hear the breathing just as well as with the flac file.
IMHO, lots of youngster don't "GET" classical music because they don't have enough money to buy a sound reproduction system to enjoy it!
Classical is the HIGH END in music! Technically, sonically, theorically, artistically, humanly!
Classical is not stained by the bitchy music industry making dollars and advertisement...
i dont agree with the rest of your post on mp3's, but i will agree with this. classical music is just entirely different when played on good equipment. i never enjoyed it until i heard it on higher end stuff.
Flac is technically better but I could not hear it until I got 24/XX files so I think it really difficult to hear huge differences between properly encoded 320K CBR files and 16/44 flacs.
In my opinion CD's sound much better than mp3 but still unnatural/artificial, specially most modern remastered tracks
Edited by egosumlux - 7/24/14 at 12:32pm
- JUST EXPERIENCED MY 1st .FLAC+HEADPHONE REVELATION! What's yours??
- › Chord Hugo TT High End DAC Amp Impressions Thread just now
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 1 second ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 38 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones) 49 seconds ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 1 minute ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 1 minute ago
- › DX200 Details, features and specifications 1st page. 1-17-2017 Now... 2 minutes ago
- › Bose QC35 Wireless Noise-Cancelling Headphones 3 minutes ago
- › Focal Utopia (& a little Elear) impressions and discussion 3 minutes ago
- › LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › qdc Balanced armature type (BA type) 3SH （QDC-4024） by prismstorm
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by bapspidoff
- › Sangdo Headset Mic for Sony MH EX300AP L36H L36I C6603 LT26II LT28H... by Griffith
- › Denon AH-D600 by theminstrel
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by theminstrel
- › Burson Audio Cable+ by markbrauer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by theminstrel
- › FiiO E17 by theminstrel
- › Sony NWZ-A15 Walkman Video MP3 Player (16GB) - Black by theminstrel
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 by theminstrel
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear