Exactly when is this breathing? My copy of the Album in MP3 (25th year edition,) starts Smooth Criminal immediately with a loud crescendo and heartbeats. Due to the masking this would cause, I doubt anyone is going to pickup breathing very softly when the music is thumping.
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 9/16/14
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD800S Unveiled! Last post on Today at 3:57 am in High-end Audio Forum
- Sennheiser HD800 (like new) Price with shipping inside EU Last post on 5/21/15 at 10:20am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- HD800: Valhalla2 or Lyr2 Last post on 6/7/16 at 7:39pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- McIntosh MHA-100 headphone amplifier review Last post on 7/31/16 at 7:28pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- My Grado SR325e's lost their magic Last post on 8/23/15 at 5:45am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
Jomo4 The full and long review can be found here: LINK Website: jomoaudio.com Product page: Link Specifications: o Quad Balanced Armature Drivers: 1 x...
-Introduction- The last encounter I had with Advanced Sound was a decent while ago, right around the release of their first IEM, the M4. That was their freshmen release, and...
All instruments come to live with pm1, crystal clear and smooth at the same time. Pm1 made my Sennheiser hd650 and Grado reference 1 sound harsh and incomplete. I had some time to listen to hd800...
The Fiil Diva headphone is probably one of the most intuitive headphones south of $200. They have features that make them almost 3-4 headphones in one, currently they can be had for about $129 on...
Recently My Noble 5 developed a rattle on the left side, so I sent them back to Noble, in return they upgraded me to the Dulce Bass, I've had these for 3 days now and let me tell you what a step up...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
JUST EXPERIENCED MY 1st .FLAC+HEADPHONE REVELATION! What's yours?? - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
^If that is the breathing, I think it's just the recording. Mine doesn't have that, but when I playback the video on my laptop speakers (below average even for laptops,) I can hear it distinctly.
My first thought on this that it's not the properties of mp3 or flac that make the difference but it's probably due to the flac file being from a different (better) remaster.
I'd say (properly) encode the flac file into MP3-320 and chances are that you can hear the breathing just as well as with the flac file.
IMHO, lots of youngster don't "GET" classical music because they don't have enough money to buy a sound reproduction system to enjoy it!
Classical is the HIGH END in music! Technically, sonically, theorically, artistically, humanly!
Classical is not stained by the bitchy music industry making dollars and advertisement...
i dont agree with the rest of your post on mp3's, but i will agree with this. classical music is just entirely different when played on good equipment. i never enjoyed it until i heard it on higher end stuff.
Flac is technically better but I could not hear it until I got 24/XX files so I think it really difficult to hear huge differences between properly encoded 320K CBR files and 16/44 flacs.
In my opinion CD's sound much better than mp3 but still unnatural/artificial, specially most modern remastered tracks
Edited by egosumlux - 7/24/14 at 12:32pm
- JUST EXPERIENCED MY 1st .FLAC+HEADPHONE REVELATION! What's yours??
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 4 seconds ago
- › Mrspeakers Alpha Prime 3.5mm and 6.3mm SE 1 minute ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 DAP 4 minutes ago
- › Fiio E18 4 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 5 minutes ago
- › LG G5, Possible DAC or Camera modules. Audiophiles enjoy ? 7 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 7 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 8 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 8 minutes ago
- › Jomo Audio Jomo4 by Zelda
- › Advanced Sound by Cinder
- › OPPO PM-1 by Sam 88
- › Fiil Diva Bluetooth, Noise Cancelling Headphones by Tom22
- › Noble Audio Dulce Bass UIEM by darober2
- › Mitchell & Johnson Electrostatz (GL2) Kickstarter Edition -... by barondla
- › 3.14 MR3 Music Headphones, BA Balanced Armature Headphones with 3... by Brooko
- › Vibro Labs Aria quad armature in-ear monitor by Jackpot77
- › Philips SHP9500 by reikoshea
- › Fostex T50RP MK3 Professional Studio Headphones, Semi-Open by reikoshea
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...