Exactly when is this breathing? My copy of the Album in MP3 (25th year edition,) starts Smooth Criminal immediately with a loud crescendo and heartbeats. Due to the masking this would cause, I doubt anyone is going to pickup breathing very softly when the music is thumping.
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 9/16/14
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD800S Unveiled! Last post on 7/25/16 at 10:46am in High-end Audio Forum
- Sennheiser HD800 (like new) Price with shipping inside EU Last post on 5/21/15 at 10:20am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- HD800: Valhalla2 or Lyr2 Last post on 6/7/16 at 7:39pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- McIntosh MHA-100 headphone amplifier review Last post on 7/25/16 at 6:12am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- My Grado SR325e's lost their magic Last post on 8/23/15 at 5:45am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
Introduction/Disclaimer I was given this sample in exchange for my honest opinion and impressions. I would especially like to thank Kathryn for getting in touch for purpose of this review. I...
I've become a big fan of wireless headphones over the years with aptx codec, bluetooth 4.0 technology, and li-ion batteries becoming the standard. This allows more of the battery to be dedicated to...
Introduction Why am I here? Am I seeking an endgame all-in-one audio device? Am I seeking an amplifier for every conceivable, non-electrostatic headphone? Am I seeking a sound that will draw me...
Great quality to be expected of a Fiio product, the cable works as intended and feels nice in the hand. There`s no strain relief on the 30pin connector, perhaps it`s to increase pliability?...
Feliks Audio Espressivo A Foot Tappin', Head Shakin' Tube Amp | PREVIOUS REVIEW | REVIEW INDEX | NEXT REVIEW | INTRODUCTION A Diamond In The Rough Feliks Audio is a family company...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
JUST EXPERIENCED MY 1st .FLAC+HEADPHONE REVELATION! What's yours?? - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
^If that is the breathing, I think it's just the recording. Mine doesn't have that, but when I playback the video on my laptop speakers (below average even for laptops,) I can hear it distinctly.
My first thought on this that it's not the properties of mp3 or flac that make the difference but it's probably due to the flac file being from a different (better) remaster.
I'd say (properly) encode the flac file into MP3-320 and chances are that you can hear the breathing just as well as with the flac file.
IMHO, lots of youngster don't "GET" classical music because they don't have enough money to buy a sound reproduction system to enjoy it!
Classical is the HIGH END in music! Technically, sonically, theorically, artistically, humanly!
Classical is not stained by the bitchy music industry making dollars and advertisement...
i dont agree with the rest of your post on mp3's, but i will agree with this. classical music is just entirely different when played on good equipment. i never enjoyed it until i heard it on higher end stuff.
Flac is technically better but I could not hear it until I got 24/XX files so I think it really difficult to hear huge differences between properly encoded 320K CBR files and 16/44 flacs.
In my opinion CD's sound much better than mp3 but still unnatural/artificial, specially most modern remastered tracks
Edited by egosumlux - 7/24/14 at 12:32pm
- JUST EXPERIENCED MY 1st .FLAC+HEADPHONE REVELATION! What's yours??
- › Audeze LCD-4 57 seconds ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk & Monk Plus: a $5 earbud that taking... 2 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica IM50, IM70 Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW ... 5 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha PRIME: Impressions and Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 6 minutes ago
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 7 minutes ago
- › Portable amp/dac for android & headphones 7 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern Announces the AK300 and AK Recorder (5.6MHz DSD... 7 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Launch (With Impressions) - Head-Fi TV 9 minutes ago
- › Edifier S1000DB Audiophile Active Bookshelf Speakers - Bluetooth... by dnun8086
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones by Llloyd
- › Simaudio 230HAD by sheldaze
- › FiiO L9 L-Shaped Line Out Dock (LOD) Cable For iPod and iPhone by ryanjsoo
- › Espressivo-E by Feliks Audio by thatonenoob
- › B&O Beoplay H6 (2nd generation) by istirsin
- › ONKYO A800 50mm Open Back Headphone by Sonic Defender
- › Sony PHA-3 Headphone Amp by Whitigir
- › Brainwavz Jive by Feilong4
- › AKG K7XX by Aornic
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...