Originally Posted by FortisFlyer75
Hi, Finally got around to installing x-app last night and unfortunately it is not going smoothly!
Can you just confirm from your install photos where that X-app install file is from - the Walkman itself or did you download from the Sony JP site? As both either of those way's I have encountered the same issue as when OK-Guy tried it with it going 99% of the install only at the end of it to fail and say "cannot install with the language system" then some Japanese writing and 51ff at the end which I think may be an error code.
Hello Fortis! The X-App installer has to be modified to allow installation with an English operating system. It's fairly easy to modify the installer from Sony JP. On the New Sony WM Review thread, page 87, message 1292, clklow01 showed us how he did it.
1) Download X-application from http://sonicstage.update.sony.net/v3003/JP/x-APPLICATION_S_V3003.exe but don't install first.
2) Download 7-zip from http://www.7-zip.org/ and install it.
3) Right click X-application and select 7-zip then Extract to "x-APPLICATION_S_V3003\".
4) Open the newly created "x-APPLICATION_S_V3003" folder and look for a file called "SetupXAPP" (it is a configuration setting file, not the EXE file because there are 2 files with this name).
5) Open that file and go to the line with "supportoslang =Japanese", change Japanese to English and then save the file.
6) Then you can double click SetupXAPP.EXE to start installing the program. It should install fine now.
I used the 7-zip program he suggested and it worked well. WinRAR form rarlab.com is another one I've tried with programs in the past. Instead of his step three, I made a Xapp folder and copied the x-application_s_v3003 exe file from my download folder to that new folder. I then right clicked on that .exe file in the new folder and used the 7-zip Extract Here option. Essentially the same thing that clklow01 did I suppose, but it left a good copy of the .exe in my downloads where I could find it easily.
Step 4. The software bundled with the Z1070 doesn't give such easy access to that SetupXAPP.ini file, hence the download of x-App from Sony.
Step 5 tells the install that it's ok to install on an English OS
In step 6, do as it says-don't click on the original .exe, choose the smaller .exe.
Then follow the screen prints of the install in my profile.
Edited by Now What - 5/23/12 at 9:47pm