- 179 Posts. Joined 8/2012
- Location: United States
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Best Audiophile isolating over-ear headphones? Last post on 10/26/12 at 6:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- Denon Officially Announces Its New Headphones! Last post on 12/28/12 at 7:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for an 'almost perfect' headphone under ~250$ Last post on 6/1/14 at 10:09pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- I need your help Last post on 12/31/12 at 3:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best on or around ear headphones for iPhone and digital piano Last post on 11/26/12 at 5:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Today I got this MP3 player but I am debating to keep it or not because the button layout is horrible. Also, the user interface is choppy with FLAC files. There is a noticable lag when choosing...
I’ve had my Dragon Inspire IHA-1 now for a sufficient time period to post my thoughts. I will use a subjective 5 point scoring system. Setup: Power Conditioning: Blue Circle...
Here we go again. It seems like every other review I've done lately has been on some product from this up-and-coming company that is making a name for itself. Luckily for us, this IEM from...
I tested it with Dr.Chesky's Binaural album and Depeche Mode flacs. What I like most is of course bass response..it is more than enough, maybe a bit exaggerated, aggressive. Overall, I am...
I used this sound card for 5 years. It replaced that time my previous card M-Audio Audiophile 2496. As far as I know at present (2014/2015) it is not possible to buy this card as new in Europe....
Denon D7100?! - Page 64post #946 of 19139/26/12 at 2:25pmIt's a shame Fostex doesn't make any aesthetically pleasing products (compared to the old DX000 line)
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #947 of 19139/26/12 at 3:17pmpost #948 of 19139/26/12 at 3:34pmpost #949 of 19139/26/12 at 4:21pmQuote:Originally Posted by MHOE
Denons are of 25 ohm impedance... I am suspicious that almost no one even care and just drives them with the completely same amp as they do with 600 ohm T1s The thing is that badly driven low impedance phones results in bloated and lossy bass (along with higher level of overall distortion).
The bass of D7000 when driving them with Fiio E9 (10 ohm output impedance) is not bad but not as tight as it should be. But with anything suitable (even Fiio E11 with near to zero impedance), the bass became tight and detailed as hell!
You HAVE TO drive denons with an amp of output impedance up to 25/8 = 3 ohms!!! Also, you should avoid some weaker portable amps which are not able to deliver enough current to them (this is where E11 is also not absolutely ideal)!
I agree. I had the E9 and the Denon 5000s and the bass was "farty" at best :P. Treble was also peaky.post #950 of 19139/26/12 at 4:59pmpost #951 of 19139/27/12 at 5:12ampost #952 of 19139/27/12 at 6:42ampost #953 of 19139/27/12 at 6:43amQuote:
You really one of I think only 2 people on these forums that DOESN'T like it. I think your balls to the wall mad.post #954 of 19139/27/12 at 6:44ampost #955 of 19139/27/12 at 9:05amQuote:
Those are wood cups. Wood coated in the most expensive and exotically priced lacquer anywhere on planet Earth The lacquer alone probably makes 1/4 the price of the headphone.post #956 of 19139/27/12 at 9:29ampost #957 of 19139/27/12 at 10:12ampost #958 of 19139/27/12 at 11:16amQuote:
Yes you are right, all I am saying is, I am not that crazy about urushi lacquer finish, I hope they make another cheaper version of TH900 with cheaper wood cups. ;)post #959 of 19139/27/12 at 2:05pm
+2 if i had the money I'll be glad to buy one just for the looks, these shiny wooden cups are truly beauty. you can convince yourself that the futuristic design of the HD800 or the ancient unique design of the Audeze is beautiful and someone will say the contrary, but with the ath900 IT IS SO HARD not to say they're the most beautiful cans that ever made !
Edited by MEDO - 9/27/12 at 2:07pmpost #960 of 19139/27/12 at 2:11pmQuote:Originally Posted by MEDO
+2 if i had the money I'll be glad to buy one just for the looks, these shiny wooden cups are truly beauty. you can convince yourself that the futuristic design of the HD800 or the ancient unique design of the Audeze is beautiful and someone will say the contrary, but with the ath900 IT IS SO HARD not to say they're the most beautiful casing shells that ever made !
Fixed that for you. Honestly without the lacquered wood cups these look pretty average, basically a repainted Denon Dx000 headband and strut assembly, even the cables are the same.
This thread is locked
- Denon D7100?!
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Please Help Recommend Universal IEMs for J-Pop/J-Rock around $500 28 seconds ago
- › Want to move to bookshelf speakers but what do i do with my soundcard? 49 seconds ago
- › The Schiitstorm: Next-Gen Magni 2 and Modi 2 Family! 1 minute ago
- › Havi B6 ! 2 minutes ago
- › Pics of Headphones... Rules: ONE PIC. NO WORDS! 2 minutes ago
- › Denon AH D2000 vs Fidelio X2 3 minutes ago
- › Koss KSC75's. Dont Forget This Giant Killer in all the ''Hidden... 4 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 4 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-1A - Sony's latest update on the 1R 5 minutes ago
- › EQ cure all? 5 minutes ago
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by hstubc
- › Inspire by Dennis Had IHA-1 Dragon Version by BlakeT
- › MP4Nation Brainwavz M1 by JoeDoe
- › Koss RUK 30K Noise Isolating In-Ear Stereophone, Black by ajlan
- › Audiotrak Prodigy 7.1 HiFi by Ataka
- › Creative Fatal1ty Gaming Headset by TsukiNick
- › SHOZY Alien DAP by AudioGG
- › The House of Marley Liberate XL BT by Giogio
- › Bang & Olufsen A8 Earphones by fjhuerta
- › JBL Synchros 400BT Bluetooth Wireless On-Ear Stereo Headphones, Black by Giogio
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)