- 181 Posts. Joined 8/2012
- Location: United States
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Best Audiophile isolating over-ear headphones? Last post on 10/26/12 at 6:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- Denon Officially Announces Its New Headphones! Last post on 12/28/12 at 7:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
- "The Lab" Last post on Today at 12:41 pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for an 'almost perfect' headphone under ~250$ Last post on 6/1/14 at 10:09pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- I need your help Last post on 12/31/12 at 3:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I've only been in this game since January but have bought a new IEM every month (at pay day obviously). Nothing yet has come close to being my go-to IEM. (I should note...I bought the Titans for...
Nuforce HEM4 – impressions and comparison with HEM2 After listening to the HEM2s recently courtesy of the Nuforce Massdrop, I managed to pick up a pair of the next model in their HEM series (the...
http://www.shozy-hk.com/zero-earphone/ Preamble: I was honored to receive an invitation to join in the Delta test of the pre-production Shozy Zero around April 16th. I received the unit...
Background: I am not an audiophile, I just like to enjoy music in good quality. This writing is more like a collection of subjective experience and impressions rather than a professional review....
Denon D7100?! - Page 64post #946 of 19139/26/12 at 2:25pmIt's a shame Fostex doesn't make any aesthetically pleasing products (compared to the old DX000 line)
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #947 of 19139/26/12 at 3:17pmpost #948 of 19139/26/12 at 3:34pmpost #949 of 19139/26/12 at 4:21pmQuote:Originally Posted by MHOE
Denons are of 25 ohm impedance... I am suspicious that almost no one even care and just drives them with the completely same amp as they do with 600 ohm T1s The thing is that badly driven low impedance phones results in bloated and lossy bass (along with higher level of overall distortion).
The bass of D7000 when driving them with Fiio E9 (10 ohm output impedance) is not bad but not as tight as it should be. But with anything suitable (even Fiio E11 with near to zero impedance), the bass became tight and detailed as hell!
You HAVE TO drive denons with an amp of output impedance up to 25/8 = 3 ohms!!! Also, you should avoid some weaker portable amps which are not able to deliver enough current to them (this is where E11 is also not absolutely ideal)!
I agree. I had the E9 and the Denon 5000s and the bass was "farty" at best :P. Treble was also peaky.post #950 of 19139/26/12 at 4:59pmpost #951 of 19139/27/12 at 5:12ampost #952 of 19139/27/12 at 6:42ampost #953 of 19139/27/12 at 6:43amQuote:
You really one of I think only 2 people on these forums that DOESN'T like it. I think your balls to the wall mad.post #954 of 19139/27/12 at 6:44ampost #955 of 19139/27/12 at 9:05amQuote:
Those are wood cups. Wood coated in the most expensive and exotically priced lacquer anywhere on planet Earth The lacquer alone probably makes 1/4 the price of the headphone.post #956 of 19139/27/12 at 9:29ampost #957 of 19139/27/12 at 10:12ampost #958 of 19139/27/12 at 11:16amQuote:
Yes you are right, all I am saying is, I am not that crazy about urushi lacquer finish, I hope they make another cheaper version of TH900 with cheaper wood cups. ;)post #959 of 19139/27/12 at 2:05pm
+2 if i had the money I'll be glad to buy one just for the looks, these shiny wooden cups are truly beauty. you can convince yourself that the futuristic design of the HD800 or the ancient unique design of the Audeze is beautiful and someone will say the contrary, but with the ath900 IT IS SO HARD not to say they're the most beautiful cans that ever made !
Edited by MEDO - 9/27/12 at 2:07pmpost #960 of 19139/27/12 at 2:11pmQuote:Originally Posted by MEDO
+2 if i had the money I'll be glad to buy one just for the looks, these shiny wooden cups are truly beauty. you can convince yourself that the futuristic design of the HD800 or the ancient unique design of the Audeze is beautiful and someone will say the contrary, but with the ath900 IT IS SO HARD not to say they're the most beautiful casing shells that ever made !
Fixed that for you. Honestly without the lacquered wood cups these look pretty average, basically a repainted Denon Dx000 headband and strut assembly, even the cables are the same.
This thread is locked
- Denon D7100?!
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Audio-Technica ATH-A900X 2 seconds ago
- › Nuforce HA-200: High performance, Single Ended, Class-A Headphone... 20 seconds ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 25 seconds ago
- › Peoria IL Summer Meet 2016 (June 18th 2016). 1 minute ago
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (Basshead IEM's) 2 minutes ago
- › sennheiser HD 598 need DAC? 2 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 2 minutes ago
- › Should I converte my ALAC files? 2 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 3 minutes ago
- › JH Audio Layla Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by harry501501
- › TFZ Series 1 by TwinACStacks
- › NuForce HEM4 Reference Class Hi-Res In-Ear Headphones with Dual... by Jackpot77
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by TwinACStacks
- › Fostex TH-X00 Massdrop exclusive by bestula
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by DJ Liquid
- › Rockit Sounds R-50 by puccipaolo
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon by Aornic
- › oBravo EAMT-3w Hybrid Dynamic Driver and Heil Air Motion Transducer... by glassmonkey
- › T-PEOS RASIEL by faithguy19
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...