- 181 Posts. Joined 8/2012
- Location: United States
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Best Audiophile isolating over-ear headphones? Last post on 10/26/12 at 6:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- Denon Officially Announces Its New Headphones! Last post on 12/28/12 at 7:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
- "The Lab" Last post on Today at 7:06 pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for an 'almost perfect' headphone under ~250$ Last post on 6/1/14 at 10:09pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- I need your help Last post on 12/31/12 at 3:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/5/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Vibro Labs - Maya Review November 2016 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Firstly a thanks to Ejong7 & Luke Pighetti @ Vibro labs for...
The Tri-Vista 21 was a limited edition DAC sold in late 2004, early 2005. It was massively overbuilt - great power supply and output stage, and ran extremely long life 5703 milspec tubes, which are...
This headphone has a quite good sound quality for its price. Its sound is very clear, the mids and highs are well detailled. The bass is tight but some recordings sound lacking bass. It needed a...
Gratitude and greetings go out to RHA Team and @Glassmonkey - thank you so much for giving me the...
Recently got ordered these Mee AudioRunaway on-ear headphones as I had some wellness program points that were going to expire. I have had the MEE audio M-Duo Dual Dynamic Driver In-Ear Headphones...
Denon D7100?! - Page 64post #946 of 19139/26/12 at 2:25pmIt's a shame Fostex doesn't make any aesthetically pleasing products (compared to the old DX000 line)
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #947 of 19139/26/12 at 3:17pmpost #948 of 19139/26/12 at 3:34pmpost #949 of 19139/26/12 at 4:21pmQuote:Originally Posted by MHOE
Denons are of 25 ohm impedance... I am suspicious that almost no one even care and just drives them with the completely same amp as they do with 600 ohm T1s The thing is that badly driven low impedance phones results in bloated and lossy bass (along with higher level of overall distortion).
The bass of D7000 when driving them with Fiio E9 (10 ohm output impedance) is not bad but not as tight as it should be. But with anything suitable (even Fiio E11 with near to zero impedance), the bass became tight and detailed as hell!
You HAVE TO drive denons with an amp of output impedance up to 25/8 = 3 ohms!!! Also, you should avoid some weaker portable amps which are not able to deliver enough current to them (this is where E11 is also not absolutely ideal)!
I agree. I had the E9 and the Denon 5000s and the bass was "farty" at best :P. Treble was also peaky.post #950 of 19139/26/12 at 4:59pmpost #951 of 19139/27/12 at 5:12ampost #952 of 19139/27/12 at 6:42ampost #953 of 19139/27/12 at 6:43amQuote:
You really one of I think only 2 people on these forums that DOESN'T like it. I think your balls to the wall mad.post #954 of 19139/27/12 at 6:44ampost #955 of 19139/27/12 at 9:05amQuote:
Those are wood cups. Wood coated in the most expensive and exotically priced lacquer anywhere on planet Earth The lacquer alone probably makes 1/4 the price of the headphone.post #956 of 19139/27/12 at 9:29ampost #957 of 19139/27/12 at 10:12ampost #958 of 19139/27/12 at 11:16amQuote:
Yes you are right, all I am saying is, I am not that crazy about urushi lacquer finish, I hope they make another cheaper version of TH900 with cheaper wood cups. ;)post #959 of 19139/27/12 at 2:05pm
+2 if i had the money I'll be glad to buy one just for the looks, these shiny wooden cups are truly beauty. you can convince yourself that the futuristic design of the HD800 or the ancient unique design of the Audeze is beautiful and someone will say the contrary, but with the ath900 IT IS SO HARD not to say they're the most beautiful cans that ever made !
Edited by MEDO - 9/27/12 at 2:07pmpost #960 of 19139/27/12 at 2:11pmQuote:Originally Posted by MEDO
+2 if i had the money I'll be glad to buy one just for the looks, these shiny wooden cups are truly beauty. you can convince yourself that the futuristic design of the HD800 or the ancient unique design of the Audeze is beautiful and someone will say the contrary, but with the ath900 IT IS SO HARD not to say they're the most beautiful casing shells that ever made !
Fixed that for you. Honestly without the lacquered wood cups these look pretty average, basically a repainted Denon Dx000 headband and strut assembly, even the cables are the same.
This thread is locked
- Denon D7100?!
- Headphone Impedance
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 29 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 31 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 53 seconds ago
- › Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384... 57 seconds ago
- › xmas.. coming early I guess .. just ordered Darkvoice 336SE 3 minutes ago
- › Denon MM400 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 3 minutes ago
- › Sony NW-WM1Z Owner and Impressions ! 3 minutes ago
- › Advanced AcousticWerkes W900 Hybrid Flagship Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 5 minutes ago
- › Vibro Labs Maya quad armature in-ear monitors by FortisFlyer75
- › Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 21 DAC by davehg
- › AKG K 420 Foldable Mini Headphone - Blue by Johannus
- › RHA Dacamp L1 by Takeanidea
- › MEElectronics Air-Fi AF32 Stereo Bluetooth Wireless Headphones with... by e07015
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by dnun8086
- › FiiO X1-II High Resolution Lossless Music Player (2nd Generation)... by MentalDraco
- › Klipsch R6m Black In Ear Headphone by 1mctous
- › ampsandsound Kenzie Headphone Amplifier by Smazz
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD Black Label by glassmonkey
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear