- 179 Posts. Joined 8/2012
- Location: United States
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Best Audiophile isolating over-ear headphones? Last post on 10/26/12 at 6:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- Denon Officially Announces Its New Headphones! Last post on 12/28/12 at 7:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
- "The Lab" Last post on Yesterday at 11:00 pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for an 'almost perfect' headphone under ~250$ Last post on 6/1/14 at 10:09pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- I need your help Last post on 12/31/12 at 3:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Thanks to Luke (H20Fidelity) for letting me a part of the Australian leg of the COZOY DAC/Amp tour and for Igor (DJScope) for the personal delivery, no doubt due to him enjoying the unit so much...
This review is for the Linum Bax 2-Pin, Bax IEM and headphone cables. Let me introduce myself my name is Adam, I live in the states between Philadelphia and New York City. I have been into audio...
Havi B3 Pro 1 - Pictorial Review Let me start by saying that ......the purchase of B3Pro1 has been long time coming ever since introduced by bhazard in the Chinese thread early last year...
I have posted a more detailed review on my blog with hi resolution pictures. http://blog.hyperexpert.com/audio-technica-at-pha50bt-first-impressions-and-review/ I stumbled upon Audio Technica’s...
My impressions is that these don’t sound significantly different than the cheaper SP version in terms of sound signature. The biggest difference is detail, more extended highs and smoother mid. If...
Denon D7100?! - Page 64post #946 of 19139/26/12 at 2:25pmIt's a shame Fostex doesn't make any aesthetically pleasing products (compared to the old DX000 line)
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #947 of 19139/26/12 at 3:17pmpost #948 of 19139/26/12 at 3:34pmpost #949 of 19139/26/12 at 4:21pmQuote:Originally Posted by MHOE
Denons are of 25 ohm impedance... I am suspicious that almost no one even care and just drives them with the completely same amp as they do with 600 ohm T1s The thing is that badly driven low impedance phones results in bloated and lossy bass (along with higher level of overall distortion).
The bass of D7000 when driving them with Fiio E9 (10 ohm output impedance) is not bad but not as tight as it should be. But with anything suitable (even Fiio E11 with near to zero impedance), the bass became tight and detailed as hell!
You HAVE TO drive denons with an amp of output impedance up to 25/8 = 3 ohms!!! Also, you should avoid some weaker portable amps which are not able to deliver enough current to them (this is where E11 is also not absolutely ideal)!
I agree. I had the E9 and the Denon 5000s and the bass was "farty" at best :P. Treble was also peaky.post #950 of 19139/26/12 at 4:59pmpost #951 of 19139/27/12 at 5:12ampost #952 of 19139/27/12 at 6:42ampost #953 of 19139/27/12 at 6:43amQuote:
You really one of I think only 2 people on these forums that DOESN'T like it. I think your balls to the wall mad.post #954 of 19139/27/12 at 6:44ampost #955 of 19139/27/12 at 9:05amQuote:
Those are wood cups. Wood coated in the most expensive and exotically priced lacquer anywhere on planet Earth The lacquer alone probably makes 1/4 the price of the headphone.post #956 of 19139/27/12 at 9:29ampost #957 of 19139/27/12 at 10:12ampost #958 of 19139/27/12 at 11:16amQuote:
Yes you are right, all I am saying is, I am not that crazy about urushi lacquer finish, I hope they make another cheaper version of TH900 with cheaper wood cups. ;)post #959 of 19139/27/12 at 2:05pm
+2 if i had the money I'll be glad to buy one just for the looks, these shiny wooden cups are truly beauty. you can convince yourself that the futuristic design of the HD800 or the ancient unique design of the Audeze is beautiful and someone will say the contrary, but with the ath900 IT IS SO HARD not to say they're the most beautiful cans that ever made !
Edited by MEDO - 9/27/12 at 2:07pmpost #960 of 19139/27/12 at 2:11pmQuote:Originally Posted by MEDO
+2 if i had the money I'll be glad to buy one just for the looks, these shiny wooden cups are truly beauty. you can convince yourself that the futuristic design of the HD800 or the ancient unique design of the Audeze is beautiful and someone will say the contrary, but with the ath900 IT IS SO HARD not to say they're the most beautiful casing shells that ever made !
Fixed that for you. Honestly without the lacquered wood cups these look pretty average, basically a repainted Denon Dx000 headband and strut assembly, even the cables are the same.
This thread is locked
- Denon D7100?!
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering 50 seconds ago
- › What are the most comfortable IEMS you have ever tried? 51 seconds ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 2 minutes ago
- › [REVIEW] XBA-3 VS XBA-30 VS XBA-40 2 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 4 minutes ago
- › f/s: JDS-Labs ODAC 5 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 5 minutes ago
- › 6SN7 Tube Addicts 5 minutes ago
- › SF Bay Area mini meet May 2nd 2015 (CanJam after party!!!!) 5 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 6 minutes ago
- › Cozoy Astrapi by Xtralglactic
- › Linum 2Pin Detachable Connector - BaX Dual Twist Model by acain
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by Wokei
- › Audio Technica AT-PHA50BT by unknownsolo
- › Sennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphone by kite7
- › Sennheiser IE80 by ahnvx
- › AKG K 702 Headphones by ExCelciuS
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by vaziyetu
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by xsk3l3t0rx
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM02 balanced amature inner earphone by ahnvx
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2