- 179 Posts. Joined 8/2012
- Location: United States
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Best Audiophile isolating over-ear headphones? Last post on 10/26/12 at 6:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- Denon Officially Announces Its New Headphones! Last post on 12/28/12 at 7:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for an 'almost perfect' headphone under ~250$ Last post on 6/1/14 at 10:09pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- I need your help Last post on 12/31/12 at 3:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best on or around ear headphones for iPhone and digital piano Last post on 11/26/12 at 5:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
* Obligatory warning that I am not a professional and am not the best at describing sound qualities of headphones. I don't like to use words like liquid or chocolate because descriptions like those...
Brainwavz have been around since 2008 and have been working on providing improved and more original products as time has gone on. If you are familiar with the last round of Brainwavz offerings it...
I bought the S version that has standard 3.5mm TRS unbalanced plug. I didn't want to use the balanced-to-unbalanced adaptor that comes with the non-S version because my players would not have...
“First in last out!” While the above makes for an excellent military motto, it really sucks for an audio component reviewer. I must sincerely apologize to Rock Jaw, Rockbob, and the folks waiting...
Just some brief notes and impressions since no one else has put one up yet. Nice compact form. The little rubber cone feet are useless though and start wearing out. Surprisingly lightweight...
Denon D7100?! - Page 64post #946 of 19139/26/12 at 2:25pmIt's a shame Fostex doesn't make any aesthetically pleasing products (compared to the old DX000 line)
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #947 of 19139/26/12 at 3:17pmpost #948 of 19139/26/12 at 3:34pmpost #949 of 19139/26/12 at 4:21pmQuote:Originally Posted by MHOE
Denons are of 25 ohm impedance... I am suspicious that almost no one even care and just drives them with the completely same amp as they do with 600 ohm T1s The thing is that badly driven low impedance phones results in bloated and lossy bass (along with higher level of overall distortion).
The bass of D7000 when driving them with Fiio E9 (10 ohm output impedance) is not bad but not as tight as it should be. But with anything suitable (even Fiio E11 with near to zero impedance), the bass became tight and detailed as hell!
You HAVE TO drive denons with an amp of output impedance up to 25/8 = 3 ohms!!! Also, you should avoid some weaker portable amps which are not able to deliver enough current to them (this is where E11 is also not absolutely ideal)!
I agree. I had the E9 and the Denon 5000s and the bass was "farty" at best :P. Treble was also peaky.post #950 of 19139/26/12 at 4:59pmpost #951 of 19139/27/12 at 5:12ampost #952 of 19139/27/12 at 6:42ampost #953 of 19139/27/12 at 6:43amQuote:
You really one of I think only 2 people on these forums that DOESN'T like it. I think your balls to the wall mad.post #954 of 19139/27/12 at 6:44ampost #955 of 19139/27/12 at 9:05amQuote:
Those are wood cups. Wood coated in the most expensive and exotically priced lacquer anywhere on planet Earth The lacquer alone probably makes 1/4 the price of the headphone.post #956 of 19139/27/12 at 9:29ampost #957 of 19139/27/12 at 10:12ampost #958 of 19139/27/12 at 11:16amQuote:
Yes you are right, all I am saying is, I am not that crazy about urushi lacquer finish, I hope they make another cheaper version of TH900 with cheaper wood cups. ;)post #959 of 19139/27/12 at 2:05pm
+2 if i had the money I'll be glad to buy one just for the looks, these shiny wooden cups are truly beauty. you can convince yourself that the futuristic design of the HD800 or the ancient unique design of the Audeze is beautiful and someone will say the contrary, but with the ath900 IT IS SO HARD not to say they're the most beautiful cans that ever made !
Edited by MEDO - 9/27/12 at 2:07pmpost #960 of 19139/27/12 at 2:11pmQuote:Originally Posted by MEDO
+2 if i had the money I'll be glad to buy one just for the looks, these shiny wooden cups are truly beauty. you can convince yourself that the futuristic design of the HD800 or the ancient unique design of the Audeze is beautiful and someone will say the contrary, but with the ath900 IT IS SO HARD not to say they're the most beautiful casing shells that ever made !
Fixed that for you. Honestly without the lacquered wood cups these look pretty average, basically a repainted Denon Dx000 headband and strut assembly, even the cables are the same.
This thread is locked
- Denon D7100?!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 seconds ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › The FiiO E10K--all-new DAC and amp stages 4 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 4 minutes ago
- › Ultrasone Signature DJ 4 minutes ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 6 minutes ago
- › Grace m903 vs Sennheiser HDVD 800 6 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 6 minutes ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 8 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 9 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by DVass13
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by jant71
- › HiFiMAN RE-600 by Matias
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by HK_sends
- › Wadia 121 Decoding Computer Digital to Analog Converter by Armaegis
- › AKG X323XS by dweaver
- › Shure SE535LTD RED by hardbop
- › PSB M4U 2 Noise Canceling headphones by Mr_Owlow
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by squallkiercosa
- › Eclipse TD-M1 by HideousPride
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)