I've heard that! Denon screwed the pooch that bad? Pity.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Best Audiophile isolating over-ear headphones? Last post on 10/26/12 at 6:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- Denon Officially Announces Its New Headphones! Last post on 12/28/12 at 7:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for an 'almost perfect' headphone under ~250$ Last post on 4/7/14 at 1:23am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- I need your help Last post on 12/31/12 at 3:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best on or around ear headphones for iPhone and digital piano Last post on 11/26/12 at 5:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
First I’d like to thank HiFiMAN for sending me their new HM-700 DAP and RE-400B (balanced version of the RE-400) bundle for me to review. I have always wondered about the balanced players that...
Foreword Chinese/HK headphone manufacturer Astrotec is known for its value-priced products (beginning with their lauded AM90), and they've stuck to their guns by pricing the AX35 (and its near...
When I bought these headphones about 2 months ago, I didn't expect much and I bought them without trying them out. It was an impulse buy to be honest, they were on a considerable discount and I...
I have had these now for a few months. I heard they had a very bass orientated sound but not so much that it ruins everything else. When i first purchased these i was a bit confused as to why they...
I bought a pair of HM5s about 6 months ago. They give you absolutely great sound for under $150 but I ran into a big problem. Both sides where the slider connects to the headphones started to...
Denon D7100?! - Page 117post #1741 of 19138/2/13 at 4:16am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1742 of 19138/2/13 at 11:28amQuote:
I'm actually working on a comparo of sorts now, to be published later this month. But the short of it is that I like both for different reasons and genres. At the current time, I like them both, nearly equally, as astounding as that may seem.Quote:
The D600 is a nice sweet spot, and much more balanced than one might assume. If the D7100 and D600 swapped signature, I would like the D7100 MUCH MORE!Quote:
Magick, once I get done with the comparo, we can schedule a little audition for you.post #1743 of 19138/2/13 at 11:55am
I don't know, maybe he got a bad batch of headphones. I had the pleasure of listening to the D7000s last week on my current setup and I did not notice any big differences between them and the D71000s. I did feel that D7000s were a bit more comfortable though. However the seal on the D7100s was superior. People are really not giving these headphones any room to breathe. I took the plunge and bought them when I could've bought a pair of high end Ultrasones or perhaps the old Denon lineup. I don't regret a single dollar spent. Especially because of how well these cans sound with the WA7.post #1744 of 19138/2/13 at 12:20pmQuote:Originally Posted by bgtrance
I don't know, maybe he got a bad batch of headphones. I had the pleasure of listening to the D7000s last week on my current setup and I did not notice any big differences between them and the D71000s. I did feel that D7000s were a bit more comfortable though. However the seal on the D7100s was superior. People are really not giving these headphones any room to breathe. I took the plunge and bought them when I could've bought a pair of high end Ultrasones or perhaps the old Denon lineup. I don't regret a single dollar spent. Especially because of how well these cans sound with the WA7.
Now I am thinking of buying AH-D600 for cheap movie/youtube headphone.post #1745 of 19138/2/13 at 2:18pmQuote:
Yes. My first purchase 2 years ago was the Sony MDR-V6. Then I found Head-Fi, bit the bug, and wanted more. I was ready to invest $1000+ for a setup which will suit my music taste. I listen to only trance & progressive with sometimes vocals. You could've spent a month with the headphones and I think you would've noticed a substantial improvement in bass control and articulation. For me, the headphones really started to open up after a month of continuous use. Bass became more controlled and I felt like the sound stage opened up a tiny bit as well. I know this because I've been listening to the same playlist for about 2 months now and noticed it in some of the tracks that are heavy on vocals. I am content now with this setup but a year from now I will be looking at purchasing the TH-900. I do not like open headphones at all otherwise I would've went straight to the HD800s and never looked back.
I don't have experience listening to the D600s so I cannot give you any input on their sound vs the D7100s.post #1746 of 19138/2/13 at 11:00pmpost #1747 of 19138/3/13 at 12:21ampost #1748 of 19138/8/13 at 8:36am
I got a pair of Mundorf Cable (0.5mm 99% silver, 1% gold). I personally think it suits the D7100 very well. The occasionally harsh highs and boomy lows are now gone and the sound is so much more balanced. I have the D7000 and to me the D7100 sounds much better in everyway. To the extend that I like it more than my Auzede LCD-3.post #1749 of 19138/8/13 at 2:54pmQuote:Originally Posted by jazzilike
I got a pair of Mundorf Cable (0.5mm 99% silver, 1% gold). I personally think it suits the D7100 very well. The occasionally harsh highs and boomy lows are now gone and the sound is so much more balanced. I have the D7000 and to me the D7100 sounds much better in everyway. To the extend that I like it more than my Auzede LCD-3.post #1750 of 19138/8/13 at 3:33pmQuote:Originally Posted by bgtrance
Woah, now that is a first on this forum. I've read every single page pretty much but no one has compared it to be better than LCD3 or the D7000. Now I am looking forward to that comparison between them even more! I think I will order the Moon Audio Silver Dragon cable and give write my impressions here.
It really, really isn't. At all.post #1751 of 19138/8/13 at 4:27pmpost #1752 of 19138/8/13 at 4:51pmpost #1753 of 19138/8/13 at 5:44pmpost #1754 of 19138/8/13 at 6:23pmQuote:Originally Posted by bgtrance
So have you heard the LCD-3s?
Sorry, I wouldn't pay $300 for the D7100s.post #1755 of 19138/8/13 at 6:36pmQuote:
No I have not listened to the LCD3 because I do not like open back headphones, did you not read that? What you would pay and what someone else would pay is entirely different. To each their own. To be quite frank, I wouldn't pay more than 700 dollars for headphones period I don't care if they are made from gold. Just lurking on this forum has made me VERY speculative towards what some people recommend and "hear". This forum itself is being treated like a marketplace with very little amount of people actually knowing what they are talking about and a very large amount of people just going along.
This thread is locked
- Denon D7100?!
- Headphone Impedance
- › Woodify a Sony Mdr-7506 7 seconds ago
- › Chord Hugo 47 seconds ago
- › Are Macs betters than PCs for high fidelity audio? 52 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 2 minutes ago
- › AURALiC owners unite! 3 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 3 minutes ago
- › Bottlehead Crack + Speedball + Mundorf Film caps + Stepped... 4 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . please post your reviews and impressions.... 7 minutes ago
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob