Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Denon D7100?!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Denon D7100?! - Page 115  

post #1711 of 1913
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian411 View Post

 

I see you have HD650, how's D600 compare to Sennheiser ?

 

Could not really be more different headphones. Sennheiser is definitely the more natural and better sounding headphone, but the D600 is more fun with better bass.

post #1712 of 1913
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholars View Post

Clearly a lot of people do not like the D7100 and think they are bad for the money, how do you people rate the D600 at £250?

 

I have them at the moment, cannot decide if I should keep them.

 

I think the people that have had the D7000 before dislike the 7100s but even with that assumption there is still people that have had the 7000s that love them. I moved from the Sony MDR-V6 to the D7100 and I really fell in love with them. I have not heard the D7000 nor the D5000 for that matter so I cannot compare them. A lot of people also hate on the design of the new Music Maniac series.
post #1713 of 1913

250pounds....i tot its going for 250DOLLRS???tongue_smile.gif

post #1714 of 1913
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgtrance View Post

 

I think the people that have had the D7000 before dislike the 7100s but even with that assumption there is still people that have had the 7000s that love them. I moved from the Sony MDR-V6 to the D7100 and I really fell in love with them. I have not heard the D7000 nor the D5000 for that matter so I cannot compare them. A lot of people also hate on the design of the new Music Maniac series.

 

Lol, you are coming from Sony MDR-V6, of course any headphone you will fall in love. lol.
Have you tried HE6, LCD2, PS1000, Ed8, HD800 or even midfi headphones ?
post #1715 of 1913
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian411 View Post

 

Lol, you are coming from Sony MDR-V6, of course any headphone you will fall in love. lol.Have you tried HE6, LCD2, PS1000, Ed8, HD800 or even midfi headphones ?


I have tried the HD800 at a local shop and have tried the HE4s.  In all honesty I love my bass too much to give it up.  And most of the headphones that you listed besides the ED8 are open back and not praised for their bass but rather openness and significantly better sound stage.  I would however love to try the ED8s.  I have heard the PS1000 are really good as well (bass too) but the ps500 do very similarly and for MUCH less $.

post #1716 of 1913
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgtrance View Post


I have tried the HD800 at a local shop and have tried the HE4s.  In all honesty I love my bass too much to give it up.  And most of the headphones that you listed besides the ED8 are open back and not praised for their bass but rather openness and significantly better sound stage.  I would however love to try the ED8s.  I have heard the PS1000 are really good as well (bass too) but the ps500 do very similarly and for MUCH less $.


If you really like that much bass then try ZO2, I kind of love and hate it :)

post #1717 of 1913

So 1st post on this thread as a new owner of the Denon D7100 hope you treat me kindly LOL!!!

I have wanted a set of woody enclosed phones to try for a while as I am normally an open back man over many years . Last closed back were Pioneers in the late 70’s and a bit shut in for my taste.

Anyway the diverse comments on this thread and the current UK price of around $700 ( £449) tempted me enough to unleash the credit card !!!

 

Got them yesterday and must say they aren’t as bad as I may have thought from some comments made previously!!.  Out of the box they were quite reasonable with a strong bass line some recesses in the upper mid range and a slightly bright and forward top end . Seems quite the norm comments on the thread and reviews.  However they sounded like they had potential as even not yet broken in so I decided to experiment, as I do,with a different cable arrangement.  Most manufacturers to my mind spend most of their time on the headphone design( and why not as that’s what they are paid for !!!)and forget that you can get better performance in the audio environment by matching the static filter of a cable to balance the final sound quality out !!!  That’s why there is an aftermarket cable industry !!!

 

So having understood to my ears a snapshot of the headphones+ original cable performance I decided to use a set of modified Mk1 Silver Dragon interconnects with Rean 3.5mm mono jacks ( about 10 year old 2nd hand and just reterminated with the Rean jacks from original Senn 650 plugs)

 

Well apart from the fact that I have to use strong elastic bands wrapped around the plug bottoms and the pivot between the woodies and the silver plastic holders for a firm connection of sorts  , the results are what I expected.:- A cleaner bass without an overhang ,a more space ( open) filled mid range and a less strident top end !!! . The final solution using rubber bands is obviously not FINAL Lol. But it does give me a chance to see how the phone break in over the next 100 hours and gives me a chance to think about better cabling long term.  If anyone knows how to source the 3.5mm Denon mono jacks which seem to be about 2mm longer than normal to incorporate their locating rings that would be a great find!!!! 

 

Anyway these are my 1st thought and I do like them as a set of phones against some of my old favourites such as the HD650’s and more recently my Philips X1’s with Toxic cable .  Still yet to listen against my Beyer T1’s.  

Using low output impedance head amps to drive them seems to be a must though as the bass end needs to be well damped. Unless you are an i person !!!!

These are my 1st reactions so I will post after  2 weeks to see if they are still as positive !!!

post #1718 of 1913

 beerchug.gif

post #1719 of 1913

Denon did a great job of removing their "Classic" status.

post #1720 of 1913

Digital Versus rate the D7100 5/5.

http://www.digitalversus.com/headphones/denon-ah-d7100-p13655/test.html

 

Most "official reviews" are positive.

post #1721 of 1913
Quote:
Originally Posted by extrabigmehdi View Post

Digital Versus rate the D7100 5/5.
http://www.digitalversus.com/headphones/denon-ah-d7100-p13655/test.html

Most "official reviews" are positive.

Yes they are, that is why you definitely have to listen for yourself.

"The AH-D7100 clearly falls in the realm of greatness. Denon's latest high-end offering gives impressive sound and brings hi-fi to any device, big or small. There's little at fault here—these are quality headphones, the full package!"
post #1722 of 1913

That's why i got them biggrin.gif
 

post #1723 of 1913

thats y i waited.....

the support level of this stock is trending south, despite some retail buying signals.

i have locked in my BUY price in my " worldsearchCANcatcher" software.

popcorn.gif

post #1724 of 1913

So I received  my replacement headphones today from Denon due to the last pair having bass rattling on the left side.  I sent them back a refurbished set and got back a brand new one beerchug.gif

All in all I am REALLY satisfied with the customer service and even more from the quality of these headphones.  I upgraded from Sony MDR-V6s so it was a huge upgrade for me.  I am currently running them off of my Sony receiver and my Titanium HD soundcard.  Next week I should be buying the WooAudio WA7!  Hopefully I won't be upgrading anytime soon after these purchases.

 

*

post #1725 of 1913

so happy for u bro...i can see that BIG GRIN on yur face beerchug.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Denon D7100?!