Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Denon D7100?!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Denon D7100?! - Page 100  

post #1486 of 1913
Quote:
Originally Posted by zigy626 View Post

Magick Man sometimes I also wonder looking at your profile what you are doing here with mere mortals. Shouldn't you be on your yacht somewhere in the middle of the ocean relaxing. Or may on a private island. Why waste your time answering pointless threads full of junior members who dont fall in line bigsmile_face.gif .

Quote:
Originally Posted by extrabigmehdi View Post

What most audiophile with  such amount of expensive gear should do.

I'm just a guy, people make a much bigger deal about money than they should, IMO.
post #1487 of 1913
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magick Man View Post



I'm just a guy, people make a much bigger deal about money than they should, IMO.

 

can i have some? lol

post #1488 of 1913
No, you'd just buy D7100s with it, and that's just wrong.
post #1489 of 1913
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magick Man View Post

No, you'd just buy D7100s with it, and that's just wrong.

 

What if I promise to buy a pair of HD800s biggrin.gif

post #1490 of 1913
Quote:
Originally Posted by barid View Post

 

can i have some? lol

 

Work harder ! ;) there are lot of people out there who need money to survive in daily basis.  I donate time to time to the poor, and I am happy that I can help them.

 

Don't be greedy ;)


Edited by Canadian411 - 4/10/13 at 4:15am
post #1491 of 1913

I recently heard a friends Denon D7100 after about a 400hrs burnin and I have to say it sounded great. There is no denying that this a bass head headphone. I found the bass to be tight and punchy. The low notes really hit like a hammer. Found the highs to have enough sparkle without the harshness. My initial trouble was with the mids but on these I did not find them muddy or coloured like most bass-head headphone. The soundstage was wide and surprisingly good for a closed set of headphones. My greatest surprise was that he was using it straight out of his iPhone.

post #1492 of 1913

OK, I can only be fully burned by now...

 

I know a lot of people don't, and I really must update my list as I have bought a fair few pairs of cans over the past few months to try and see if these things were worth the money...really it was the only way that I was going to satisified....make my own subjective comparisons.

 

In my experience, and to my tastes, I cannot beat the sound quality of these headphones.

 

I will admit that I have not bought any more really high end headphones, as for the moment I am so very happy with these. They tick all of boxes and in my opinion surpass so many other headphones that people bill as being amazing. These kick them into touch.

 

At first I was almost persuaded by this thread that I had made a mistake lashing out on these, but everytime I put them on, I am reminded that I most certainley did not.

 

Loved it the other day when someone with the most expensive set of "Beats" had a go with these.

 

He knew no better, he does now and has ordered a pair.

 

I have learned that this is all so subjective that sometimes reading things hinders rather than helps. I suspect my Colorfly C4 is helping too.

 

Will keep these and then buy another set of high end cans, 1KGBP + in May. For no other reason than I want to and to see if there is improvement to be had over what I consider to be excellent cans in the D7100's.

 

Yes.

post #1493 of 1913
post #1494 of 1913

+1 beerchug.gif Enjoy guys your new purchase. 

post #1495 of 1913
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vespertine View Post

OK, I can only be fully burned by now...

 

I know a lot of people don't, and I really must update my list as I have bought a fair few pairs of cans over the past few months to try and see if these things were worth the money...really it was the only way that I was going to satisified....make my own subjective comparisons.

 

In my experience, and to my tastes, I cannot beat the sound quality of these headphones.

 

I will admit that I have not bought any more really high end headphones, as for the moment I am so very happy with these. They tick all of boxes and in my opinion surpass so many other headphones that people bill as being amazing. These kick them into touch.

 

At first I was almost persuaded by this thread that I had made a mistake lashing out on these, but everytime I put them on, I am reminded that I most certainley did not.

 

Loved it the other day when someone with the most expensive set of "Beats" had a go with these.

 

He knew no better, he does now and has ordered a pair.

 

I have learned that this is all so subjective that sometimes reading things hinders rather than helps. I suspect my Colorfly C4 is helping too.

 

Will keep these and then buy another set of high end cans, 1KGBP + in May. For no other reason than I want to and to see if there is improvement to be had over what I consider to be excellent cans in the D7100's.

 

Yes.

 

Why are you comparing $1200 headphones to Beats?

 

Also, I hope you guys understand that everything negative said about the D7100s are in comparison to other $1000+ flagship models. No one's saying that you can't enjoy the D7100s, or that your hearing is damaged or whatnot.

 

And sebna, Magicman did own a pair and returned them. You also do not have to own a pair if you get a good enough chance to listen and get impressions. That's what meets are for.

post #1496 of 1913
Those expecting a similar sound to the D7000 from the 7100 are most likely to be in for a disappointment. They don't sound very similar at all. That's probably what happened to most of the elitists.

I myself just wanted a good portable option and for that the 7100 does a great job.
post #1497 of 1913

Guys, this is the forum where you share your own opinions about the headphone gears.

 

If you want to start a flame war or intend to degenerate personal attacks go somewhere else. (I am not going to mention names here, that's inappropriate isn't it ?) wink_face.gif

 

Again, I did own the pair of D7100 and returned it because it wasn't my taste, just didn't justify $1000 price tag, not even $500 considering lot of mid-fi headphones that I owned previously.

 

If you still want to repeat the same childish argument again and again, please be my guest, I don't have time for this, have better things to do.

 

I am just helping junior audiophile/mid-fi people that this headphone is not worth it based on my experience.

post #1498 of 1913
Quote:
Originally Posted by Croozer View Post

 

He is saying D7100 is an upgrade from D2000, and a significant step up over the "Hip hop models circulating on late night infomercial". reminds me,, hhmmm, Dr. D-- bea--. ? lol.

 

I agree on this :)

post #1499 of 1913

I wish more people would join this thread so we could hear something new about their experience with the Denon D7100. Frankly this thread has turned into a tug of war between few people (and I can count them on one hand). I would welcome some fresh perspective. All I know is I hate reading the same stuff again and again. I think at this point its hopeless for this thread and maybe it should be closed. 

post #1500 of 1913
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian411 View Post

 

He is saying D7100 is an upgrade from D2000, and a significant step up over the "Hip hop models circulating on late night infomercial". reminds me,, hhmmm, Dr. D-- bea--. ? lol.

 

I agree on this :)

He say "Canadian411 is a sassy girl". What now? :)

 

Its all about personal preferences boys and girls. If someone makes an input in this post and its about outstanding soundstage, extended beautifull highs and great music overall which this headphones will give you, you can't popup every time like Magick Man does and laugh out loud youre hearing, preferences etc...

 

Like almost every new and expensive headphones they are "the subject of dispute" but im telling you all: Denons D7100 will be favorite headphones many many headphone fans.

And talking about value of this headphones.. No headphones should cost more than 500$ and especially not HD800 which sould cost half of a price D7100 or D5000 just because of my personal preferences! But to be honest they sound poor...


Edited by michbest - 4/11/13 at 12:37pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Denon D7100?!