Well to me, for a headphone that expensive, sounding amazing just won't do, it must look amazing as well. If I'm going to buy a headphone it must have excellent designs as well as excellent sound.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Best Audiophile isolating over-ear headphones? Last post on 10/26/12 at 6:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- Denon Officially Announces Its New Headphones! Last post on 12/28/12 at 7:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
- "The Lab" Last post on Yesterday at 2:04 pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for an 'almost perfect' headphone under ~250$ Last post on 6/1/14 at 10:09pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- I need your help Last post on 12/31/12 at 3:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
At the time of the review, the Unique Melody Miracle V2 was was on sale at Musicteck’s online store. Although the model I am reviewing today is not currently listed, Musicteck is currently...
Quick Review : I bought them for casual listening and mixing and mastering purpose. I'm not disappointed by the sound signature. Things I'd like to stay the way they are: 1. frequency...
I have previously given a positive review for the Philips SHE3590, a cheap IEM that sounds good. I purchased the Philips SHE3595 because it looks like the SHE3590, has a microphone and it was...
Introduction – This is getting ridiculous, with a $5 RRP, the VE Monk+ is cheaper than most cables. The VE Monk+ is an update to the highly regarded VE Monk, one of the most awarded and most...
Background I first came across Rhapsodio, a boutique IEM maker based in Hong Kong, back in May 2013. I purchased their RDB+ v1 hybrid then, which is rather fun-sounding. After a year or so, I...
Denon D7100?! - Page 9post #121 of 19134/15/12 at 1:17am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #122 of 19134/15/12 at 1:22am
Dead-On-Arrival. Fashion is designed to be cycled; recycled. The fashion attempt with this particular model will only make them look dated. Even as some dealers await shipment.post #123 of 19134/15/12 at 4:59amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by WiR3D
FAKES FAKES FAKES
Have a look at the next photo, especially at the bottom of the pad, no decent shadows in any direction. Also the plastic lighting is too smooth, where the band fades into the hairline, is too clean cut. No distortion what so ever on the persons skin or on the pad itself.
Even if these are being planned, this picture atleast is fake, the rest also have similar issues, but whoever did this still knows what they are doing.
Sorry man, they are confirmed as real now. BTW I just picked up a pair of D7000 last week, everywhere has them on sale, looks like Denon is trying to move their old inventory.Quote:Originally Posted by takoyakiIt seems to come for Japanese headphone festival in next month.
Thx for the detailed info. Anybody knows what's the name of the song at the end of that video? I know the name of the singer is Suara.
NVM, I founded it, it's called 桜（sakura）
Edited by dtrisgvex - 4/15/12 at 5:13ampost #124 of 19134/15/12 at 9:38am
They don't seem to be selling for any lower than normal. The DIY Micro is a bit low, but other than that it's pretty standard:
http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=en&q=denon+d7000&gs_upl=2352l4209l0l4399l11l11l0l3l0l0l268l1632l1.1.6l8l0&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=17255943631522394067&sa=X&ei=ufiKT7e7Gebn0QGRz8HhCQ&ved=0CFEQxBUwAA#start=0post #125 of 19134/15/12 at 10:13ampost #126 of 19134/15/12 at 10:54ampost #127 of 19134/15/12 at 11:02am
Why is it that when I Google "Denon D7100" the only reference that pops up is this Head-Fi thread? Gee, could it be there is no D7100 outside of Japan?
Edited by fatcat28037 - 4/15/12 at 11:04ampost #128 of 19134/15/12 at 11:32am
The D7100 doesn't look too bad imo. Though I would prefer a wood housing, a plastic one means that you can probably bring it outside without damaging it. I don't think its even a new flagship, just a portable version of the D7000.post #129 of 19134/15/12 at 11:48am
The design looks like a CELEBRITY HEADPHONE lol....
Reminds me of 50 Cent/Dr Dre/Ludacris headphones lmao...
If I do wear that on the streets, some people might think it is one of those crappy Dres or something.... I am disappointed.post #130 of 19134/15/12 at 8:25pmpost #131 of 19134/16/12 at 1:18am
The designs of the big ones (not IEM's) look very different from the classy Denon designs. I'm quite content with my D7000 and don't think I'll be buying another home-only cans.
I'm very much interested in portable headphones like Signature Pro by Ultrasone, as these are supposed to be awesome at home and on the go.
Cheerspost #132 of 19134/16/12 at 1:51amThese phones look absolutely sick ( in a good way ) These are the first original designs I've seen in a headphone. Bravo Denon! I'm so gald to see someone putting effort into making headphones look more stylish than just a generic housing with a band. Clean lines with nice curves. They look so modern almost like when the new '90 300 Z first came out. My friend hated the way it looked but two years later he ended up buying one. I'm gonna bet in a few years we'll see more and more designs with emphasis on the styling than we see currently. I for one love the looks.post #133 of 19134/16/12 at 1:56ampost #134 of 19134/16/12 at 2:31amLol I can see it's definetly not for everyone. I doubt that the 7100s will have plastic in it so maybe something else will surface. Most headphones look pretty much the same round or oval cups and a band. From a designers standpoint pretty conventional. Sennheiser HD700s are a departure from conventional. So will these new Denons. The demographics for these are definitely younger crowd looking to upgrade their sounds which makes sense as there has been an explosion in PORTABLE audio amplifiers from same said crowd. I won't wear my D2000 or even my M50s cause they'd look stupid out in public but these new Denons I wouldn't mind at all. Especially the ones with the cool white stitching and black leather pads. It would perfectly match my Vans, watch band, shirts, jackets, and girlfriends purse. We live in a visual world and Beats sell for a reason other than sound quality.
Oh yeah does anyone know if the Fostex factory was damaged/destroyed during last years tsunami. That might explain why the D series is being discontinued if true. and also explain why amazon jacked the prices up to msrp since Denon would only have stock in the US warehouses to last em.
Edited by musubi1000 - 4/16/12 at 3:11ampost #135 of 19134/16/12 at 3:48amQuote:
Yes, it doesn't mean that the original images aren't renderings, which is what I proved, but regardless, it seems confirmed now...
This thread is locked
- Denon D7100?!
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › GTA Spring 2016 meet 24 seconds ago
- › Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova 1 minute ago
- › Ayre Acoustics QX-5 Twenty Digital Hub 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 2 minutes ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 2 minutes ago
- › Little Dot MK8SE / MK6 Super Mods 2 minutes ago
- › ROCK Zircon + Mula IEM Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions 3 minutes ago
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (Basshead IEM's) 3 minutes ago
- › Cowon Plenue D 3 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic T90 Premium Stereo Headphone by glennkresge
- › Unique Melody Miracle V2 Universal six driver in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by MMansell
- › Philips SHE3595WT/28 In-Ear Headset with Mic White by stweb
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by ryanjsoo
- › Rhapsodio Galaxy by taz23
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by vapman
- › Rhapsodio Solar by ezekiel77
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by twister6
- › AudioQuest DragonFly Red USB DAC, Preamp, Headphone Amp by Stereocilia
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse