Well to me, for a headphone that expensive, sounding amazing just won't do, it must look amazing as well. If I'm going to buy a headphone it must have excellent designs as well as excellent sound.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Best Audiophile isolating over-ear headphones? Last post on 10/26/12 at 6:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- Denon Officially Announces Its New Headphones! Last post on 12/28/12 at 7:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
- "The Lab" Last post on Yesterday at 8:37 pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for an 'almost perfect' headphone under ~250$ Last post on 6/1/14 at 10:09pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- I need your help Last post on 12/31/12 at 3:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I was able to get these from a friend who used their employee discount, so ignore the price paid. I would consider myself a rookie when it comes to headphones, but not sound quality. My...
Best looking closed headphone on the market that acts just like a open headphone but brings the advantages of a closed headphone such as detail and imaging... It is combining both worlds and packs...
Hello people i guess its the time for me to review the WA5-LE and in this Part i will be covering the Takatsuki 300B Tubes. in Part 02 i will be covering the Elrog 300B (latest/newest...
Introduction: The Fischer Audio Omega FE-321 (Spark) is a lively little wonder of an IEM with a sparkly, bright sound and tiny footprint. The current price is US$59. Below is the...
About Me: I prefer IEMs over full size because of portability and comfort, though I have owned and own a a couple full size cans. I am a 29 year old music lover, i listen to all genres from R&B to...
Denon D7100?! - Page 9post #121 of 19134/15/12 at 1:17am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #122 of 19134/15/12 at 1:22am
Dead-On-Arrival. Fashion is designed to be cycled; recycled. The fashion attempt with this particular model will only make them look dated. Even as some dealers await shipment.post #123 of 19134/15/12 at 4:59amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by WiR3D
FAKES FAKES FAKES
Have a look at the next photo, especially at the bottom of the pad, no decent shadows in any direction. Also the plastic lighting is too smooth, where the band fades into the hairline, is too clean cut. No distortion what so ever on the persons skin or on the pad itself.
Even if these are being planned, this picture atleast is fake, the rest also have similar issues, but whoever did this still knows what they are doing.
Sorry man, they are confirmed as real now. BTW I just picked up a pair of D7000 last week, everywhere has them on sale, looks like Denon is trying to move their old inventory.Quote:Originally Posted by takoyakiIt seems to come for Japanese headphone festival in next month.
Thx for the detailed info. Anybody knows what's the name of the song at the end of that video? I know the name of the singer is Suara.
NVM, I founded it, it's called 桜（sakura）
Edited by dtrisgvex - 4/15/12 at 5:13ampost #124 of 19134/15/12 at 9:38am
They don't seem to be selling for any lower than normal. The DIY Micro is a bit low, but other than that it's pretty standard:
http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=en&q=denon+d7000&gs_upl=2352l4209l0l4399l11l11l0l3l0l0l268l1632l1.1.6l8l0&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=17255943631522394067&sa=X&ei=ufiKT7e7Gebn0QGRz8HhCQ&ved=0CFEQxBUwAA#start=0post #125 of 19134/15/12 at 10:13ampost #126 of 19134/15/12 at 10:54ampost #127 of 19134/15/12 at 11:02am
Why is it that when I Google "Denon D7100" the only reference that pops up is this Head-Fi thread? Gee, could it be there is no D7100 outside of Japan?
Edited by fatcat28037 - 4/15/12 at 11:04ampost #128 of 19134/15/12 at 11:32am
The D7100 doesn't look too bad imo. Though I would prefer a wood housing, a plastic one means that you can probably bring it outside without damaging it. I don't think its even a new flagship, just a portable version of the D7000.post #129 of 19134/15/12 at 11:48am
The design looks like a CELEBRITY HEADPHONE lol....
Reminds me of 50 Cent/Dr Dre/Ludacris headphones lmao...
If I do wear that on the streets, some people might think it is one of those crappy Dres or something.... I am disappointed.post #130 of 19134/15/12 at 8:25pmpost #131 of 19134/16/12 at 1:18am
The designs of the big ones (not IEM's) look very different from the classy Denon designs. I'm quite content with my D7000 and don't think I'll be buying another home-only cans.
I'm very much interested in portable headphones like Signature Pro by Ultrasone, as these are supposed to be awesome at home and on the go.
Cheerspost #132 of 19134/16/12 at 1:51amThese phones look absolutely sick ( in a good way ) These are the first original designs I've seen in a headphone. Bravo Denon! I'm so gald to see someone putting effort into making headphones look more stylish than just a generic housing with a band. Clean lines with nice curves. They look so modern almost like when the new '90 300 Z first came out. My friend hated the way it looked but two years later he ended up buying one. I'm gonna bet in a few years we'll see more and more designs with emphasis on the styling than we see currently. I for one love the looks.post #133 of 19134/16/12 at 1:56ampost #134 of 19134/16/12 at 2:31amLol I can see it's definetly not for everyone. I doubt that the 7100s will have plastic in it so maybe something else will surface. Most headphones look pretty much the same round or oval cups and a band. From a designers standpoint pretty conventional. Sennheiser HD700s are a departure from conventional. So will these new Denons. The demographics for these are definitely younger crowd looking to upgrade their sounds which makes sense as there has been an explosion in PORTABLE audio amplifiers from same said crowd. I won't wear my D2000 or even my M50s cause they'd look stupid out in public but these new Denons I wouldn't mind at all. Especially the ones with the cool white stitching and black leather pads. It would perfectly match my Vans, watch band, shirts, jackets, and girlfriends purse. We live in a visual world and Beats sell for a reason other than sound quality.
Oh yeah does anyone know if the Fostex factory was damaged/destroyed during last years tsunami. That might explain why the D series is being discontinued if true. and also explain why amazon jacked the prices up to msrp since Denon would only have stock in the US warehouses to last em.
Edited by musubi1000 - 4/16/12 at 3:11ampost #135 of 19134/16/12 at 3:48amQuote:
Yes, it doesn't mean that the original images aren't renderings, which is what I proved, but regardless, it seems confirmed now...
This thread is locked
- Denon D7100?!
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 9 seconds ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 52 seconds ago
- › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Flare Audio – FLARES® – (R2.x successor) KICKSTARTER CAMPAIGN 1 minute ago
- › Live Chess! 1 minute ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 1 minute ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers... 2 minutes ago
- › AK 240 Stainless Steel Edition Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 2 minutes ago
- › Are you a console or PC gamer? 3 minutes ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by dlo13
- › Fostex TH 900 by roxrite
- › Woo Audio WA5 LE by Shini44
- › Fischer Audio Omega Spark by crabdog
- › MusicMaker Phantom III / Shockwave III by Lurk650
- › Mixcder ANC-G5 Active Noise Cancelling Hi-Fi In-ear Headphones,... by slowpickr
- › Vibro Labs Aria quad armature in-ear monitor by jjacq
- › Soundaware Esther by WCDchee
- › Fischer Audio Omega Twin by crabdog
- › Little Dot MK II by Jay Sullivan
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...