Well to me, for a headphone that expensive, sounding amazing just won't do, it must look amazing as well. If I'm going to buy a headphone it must have excellent designs as well as excellent sound.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Best Audiophile isolating over-ear headphones? Last post on 10/26/12 at 6:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- Denon Officially Announces Its New Headphones! Last post on 12/28/12 at 7:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for an 'almost perfect' headphone under ~250$ Last post on 6/1/14 at 10:09pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- I need your help Last post on 12/31/12 at 3:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best on or around ear headphones for iPhone and digital piano Last post on 11/26/12 at 5:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I have owned my HD600 for 12-15 years now. I had to change headband and earpad de to weare after 10 years. I believe the Sennheiser HD600 is my best purchase EVER no matter what! I am extremely...
Great headphones. Seriously, I'm really impresed with the detailed and excellent natural balanced sound that this unit delivers. I currently own the K712 pro and the K702 65th Anniversary Edition,...
The new iteration of the Brainwavz R3 is an intriguing earphone. They’re large earphones, each side containing two dynamic drivers in big pill shaped aluminium housings. They currently retail for...
INTRODUCTION First of all, a big THANK YOU to Michael Lin from FIDUE for providing the review unit. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be...
iBasso D-Zero MKII Review iBasso is a very common name out there on the forums now, with their DX50 and DX90 gaining a rather large user base. I have reviewed both the DX50 and DX90 and I found...
Denon D7100?! - Page 9post #121 of 19134/15/12 at 1:17am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #122 of 19134/15/12 at 1:22am
Dead-On-Arrival. Fashion is designed to be cycled; recycled. The fashion attempt with this particular model will only make them look dated. Even as some dealers await shipment.post #123 of 19134/15/12 at 4:59amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by WiR3D
FAKES FAKES FAKES
Have a look at the next photo, especially at the bottom of the pad, no decent shadows in any direction. Also the plastic lighting is too smooth, where the band fades into the hairline, is too clean cut. No distortion what so ever on the persons skin or on the pad itself.
Even if these are being planned, this picture atleast is fake, the rest also have similar issues, but whoever did this still knows what they are doing.
Sorry man, they are confirmed as real now. BTW I just picked up a pair of D7000 last week, everywhere has them on sale, looks like Denon is trying to move their old inventory.Quote:Originally Posted by takoyakiIt seems to come for Japanese headphone festival in next month.
Thx for the detailed info. Anybody knows what's the name of the song at the end of that video? I know the name of the singer is Suara.
NVM, I founded it, it's called 桜（sakura）
Edited by dtrisgvex - 4/15/12 at 5:13ampost #124 of 19134/15/12 at 9:38am
They don't seem to be selling for any lower than normal. The DIY Micro is a bit low, but other than that it's pretty standard:
http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=en&q=denon+d7000&gs_upl=2352l4209l0l4399l11l11l0l3l0l0l268l1632l1.1.6l8l0&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=17255943631522394067&sa=X&ei=ufiKT7e7Gebn0QGRz8HhCQ&ved=0CFEQxBUwAA#start=0post #125 of 19134/15/12 at 10:13ampost #126 of 19134/15/12 at 10:54ampost #127 of 19134/15/12 at 11:02am
Why is it that when I Google "Denon D7100" the only reference that pops up is this Head-Fi thread? Gee, could it be there is no D7100 outside of Japan?
Edited by fatcat28037 - 4/15/12 at 11:04ampost #128 of 19134/15/12 at 11:32am
The D7100 doesn't look too bad imo. Though I would prefer a wood housing, a plastic one means that you can probably bring it outside without damaging it. I don't think its even a new flagship, just a portable version of the D7000.post #129 of 19134/15/12 at 11:48am
The design looks like a CELEBRITY HEADPHONE lol....
Reminds me of 50 Cent/Dr Dre/Ludacris headphones lmao...
If I do wear that on the streets, some people might think it is one of those crappy Dres or something.... I am disappointed.post #130 of 19134/15/12 at 8:25pmpost #131 of 19134/16/12 at 1:18am
The designs of the big ones (not IEM's) look very different from the classy Denon designs. I'm quite content with my D7000 and don't think I'll be buying another home-only cans.
I'm very much interested in portable headphones like Signature Pro by Ultrasone, as these are supposed to be awesome at home and on the go.
Cheerspost #132 of 19134/16/12 at 1:51amThese phones look absolutely sick ( in a good way ) These are the first original designs I've seen in a headphone. Bravo Denon! I'm so gald to see someone putting effort into making headphones look more stylish than just a generic housing with a band. Clean lines with nice curves. They look so modern almost like when the new '90 300 Z first came out. My friend hated the way it looked but two years later he ended up buying one. I'm gonna bet in a few years we'll see more and more designs with emphasis on the styling than we see currently. I for one love the looks.post #133 of 19134/16/12 at 1:56ampost #134 of 19134/16/12 at 2:31amLol I can see it's definetly not for everyone. I doubt that the 7100s will have plastic in it so maybe something else will surface. Most headphones look pretty much the same round or oval cups and a band. From a designers standpoint pretty conventional. Sennheiser HD700s are a departure from conventional. So will these new Denons. The demographics for these are definitely younger crowd looking to upgrade their sounds which makes sense as there has been an explosion in PORTABLE audio amplifiers from same said crowd. I won't wear my D2000 or even my M50s cause they'd look stupid out in public but these new Denons I wouldn't mind at all. Especially the ones with the cool white stitching and black leather pads. It would perfectly match my Vans, watch band, shirts, jackets, and girlfriends purse. We live in a visual world and Beats sell for a reason other than sound quality.
Oh yeah does anyone know if the Fostex factory was damaged/destroyed during last years tsunami. That might explain why the D series is being discontinued if true. and also explain why amazon jacked the prices up to msrp since Denon would only have stock in the US warehouses to last em.
Edited by musubi1000 - 4/16/12 at 3:11ampost #135 of 19134/16/12 at 3:48amQuote:
Yes, it doesn't mean that the original images aren't renderings, which is what I proved, but regardless, it seems confirmed now...
This thread is locked
- Denon D7100?!
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › New Release! The K7XX Massdrop First Edition - an exclusive from... 3 minutes ago
- › High End CIEM/IEM Thread! 5 minutes ago
- › NEW Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 and ATH-MSR7LTD 5 minutes ago
- › The EU deals thread! 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 6 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 10/15/2014:... 6 minutes ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 10 minutes ago
- › Official Free FLAC File Music Sharing Thread 13 minutes ago
- › First time PC HeadPhone buyer needs some recommendations 13 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by paara
- › AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition by gabrielnorena
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by lecky
- › FIDUE A71 Dual Dynamic Drivers Hi-Fi Earphones by djvkool
- › iBasso Audio D-Zero MK2 by lin0003
- › Audio Technica ATH-A900X | Art Monitor Headphones (Japan Import) by Mink
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by mark2410
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by ClieOS
- › Blue Microphones Mo-Fi Powered High-Fidelity Headphones with... by MacedonianHero
- › Basic K3 by nino9
- › Guarding oneself against insurance fraud
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3