Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Denon D7100?!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Denon D7100?! - Page 77  

post #1141 of 1913

Just listen to music and enjoy them! If you want to run them while you are away, just run some music you like through them while you're gone, but be sure to have them on your head a bunch.

post #1142 of 1913
Quote:
Originally Posted by extrabigmehdi View Post

 

Well actually the bass square response of D7100  looks better than D7000. Ideally, you'd see a perfect square ware, and the measurements for D7100  looks closer to a square wave than D7000.

From what I've understood the D7100  are not bad, they are just too much overpriced.

 

The initial spike is the initial impulse. The D7000 extends for a very small amount longer than the HD650 and then comes back down.  The D7100 doesn't come back down at all. It just keeps going. The D7100 looks like a mutation. I had a hand with paint to try to draw in what close to ideal would look like, although it's kind of hard because this graph is so all over the place. Basically the "plateaus" are the bass not coming back at all. It just keeps going on. This means you have muddy bass that isn't transparent, is overpowering, and will dominate over midrange and treble. 

 

 

post #1143 of 1913
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taowolf51 View Post

Just listen to music and enjoy them! If you want to run them while you are away, just run some music you like through them while you're gone, but be sure to have them on your head a bunch.

 

 


Quote:
Originally Posted by sebna View Post

How do you burn-in your Denons guys (in particular D7100 of it matters)?
 

Could someone guide me a bit in the right direction? Do you use pink-noise or mixture of different noises, frequnecies bands runs? What software or audio files?

 

Thanks

 

 

What taowolf51 says above. Just run some music on them at normal listening levels and just listen to them. 

post #1144 of 1913

Guys dont get me wrong but I did not ask if to burn them-in but how to burn them in.

 

I am going to do burn-in as if the companies do it their speakers means that it is something that is real especially with dynamic headphones and especially when there is so much of negativity about D7100 and their SQ.

 

I have to have full image of if I like them or not as I might want to return them and buy something else.

 

I prefer to go with pink-noise and similar prefabricated sounds rather than normal tunes. Anybody have experience with this kind of burn-ins?

post #1145 of 1913
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebna View Post

Guys dont get me wrong but I did not ask if to burn them-in but how to burn them in.

 

I am going to do burn-in as if the companies do it their speakers means that it is something that is real especially with dynamic headphones and especially when there is so much of negativity about D7100 and their SQ.

 

I have to have full image of if I like them or not as I might want to return them and buy something else.

 

I prefer to go with pink-noise and similar prefabricated sounds rather than normal tunes. Anybody have experience with this kind of burn-ins?

 

Well I think we were both answering that question. You'll find many people don't think "burn in" has an effect. You'll find very few people thinking that "burn in" using a special routine will do anything at all. Fact is that there are more sound differences between two AKG K701 due to manufacturing than due to how they were "burned in". 

post #1146 of 1913
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebna View Post

Guys dont get me wrong but I did not ask if to burn them-in but how to burn them in.

 

I am going to do burn-in as if the companies do it their speakers means that it is something that is real especially with dynamic headphones and especially when there is so much of negativity about D7100 and their SQ.

 

I have to have full image of if I like them or not as I might want to return them and buy something else.

 

I prefer to go with pink-noise and similar prefabricated sounds rather than normal tunes. Anybody have experience with this kind of burn-ins?

Burnin naturally occurs while listening to music,  but if you want to "accelerate things", you might put  some pink noise. I  prefer to put some merzbow (pulse demon, or venerology).

post #1147 of 1913
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebna View Post

Guys dont get me wrong but I did not ask if to burn them-in but how to burn them in.

 

I am going to do burn-in as if the companies do it their speakers means that it is something that is real especially with dynamic headphones and especially when there is so much of negativity about D7100 and their SQ.

 

I have to have full image of if I like them or not as I might want to return them and buy something else.

 

I prefer to go with pink-noise and similar prefabricated sounds rather than normal tunes. Anybody have experience with this kind of burn-ins?

 

We didn't answer if, we answered how. I burn in all my headphones by using them a lot and listening to music I like with them. The music offers more than enough variability (probably more, in fact) for a proper burn-in. Not to mention the fact that a lot of people think that the majority of burn-in is in fact your brain getting used to the signature of headphones and acquiring a taste for their specific intricacies. Using them with music you like covers both those possibilities, plus you get to chart how they are changing.

 

If you weren't going to take advice, I'm not quite sure why you asked, but good luck with the burn in anyways.

post #1148 of 1913

I just plug them into my iPod and let music play at half volume. I have 1000+ songs on my iPod so it should go on until whenever I want it to stop.

post #1149 of 1913

I just play music at normal volume level for a few days.

post #1150 of 1913

I'm with :thumb: Taowolf51, playing a variety of music and charting progress. Also have a special systems disc for break-in of rig, drivers included. I'm pretty laid back though and will stumble play my way to nirvana. Not saying I always get there, rolleyes.gif but that's the destination.

 

What I am particular about is intervals - I'll let the music run during break-in, but I want my cans to experience warm ups, operating temps and cool downs as well.

post #1151 of 1913
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFiGuy528 View Post

I just play music at normal volume level for a few days.

 

It took my D5000 appx 150 hours to get themselves right; Bass was t-e-r-r-i-b-l-e. Things got good to 500 hours. Then came "1,250" and a change was afoot, slowly sweetening. Between hours 1,500-1,900 the Denons were completely different cans...refined like I hadn't heard them before.wink.gif

 

I experienced fewer shifts in a shorter amount of time with the D7000, however. Only two changes in fact and both below 200 hours. Now sitting at 1,791 hours, I simply got what I got...we love 'em!

post #1152 of 1913

You've counted all the hours you've used your headphones? o_0

post #1153 of 1913
Installed an Hour Meter on the amp like Tow Motors have on them... biggrin.gif

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2
post #1154 of 1913
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebna View Post

I must say I not necessarily precisely understand the graphs yet but I certainly can understand comparison like this to some extent and it got me worried especially that I am not fan of bass at all.

 

Well worst case scenario I can return D7100 if there is too much of bass.

 

But were those graphs taken after proper burn-in of D7100 which is supposed to take of 200h+ hours after which the bass gets better and mids as well?

 

Also what strikes me the most - Denon as all top manufacturers in HP world take few years of development before he releases the product on the market and taking in account that those guys are Japanese they are pretty precise about the result they want to achieve and have in plans so please can someone here explain to me why after 3 years of development they would release product which is subpar especially when few simple measurements can show it black on white?

 

As about the amp - take in the account that hum and noise was accounted to "hostile" enviorment in which he tested it and once moved to elsewhere it was not present. Also the reviewer like the amp so much in the end that he bought one for himself :)

elwappo can you link to the page that links to those graphs? the one that explains frequency responses etc? these guys could use it.

Denons take about 50 hours of burn in max, but out of the box they are great.... well my Denons anyway, the D7000 and D2000.

 

If your not a fan of bass why on earth did you buy the D7100? You may aswell return them immediately. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by extrabigmehdi View Post

Well actually the bass square response of D7100  looks better than D7000. Ideally, you'd see a perfect square ware, and the measurements for D7100  looks closer to a square wave than D7000.

From what I've understood the D7100  are not bad, they are just too much overpriced.

actually no, they are monumentally worse, the D7000's response is much better.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by elwappo99 View Post

Well I think we were both answering that question. You'll find many people don't think "burn in" has an effect. You'll find very few people thinking that "burn in" using a special routine will do anything at all. Fact is that there are more sound differences between two AKG K701 due to manufacturing than due to how they were "burned in". 

Well may be true, but I can tell you one thing AKS's do have burn in, take about 200 hours, the bass starts straightening out first, then the mids get more clarity and the resonances stop, and finally the highs. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by extrabigmehdi View Post

Burnin naturally occurs while listening to music,  but if you want to "accelerate things", you might put  some pink noise. I  prefer to put some merzbow (pulse demon, or venerology).

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent One View Post

 

It took my D5000 appx 150 hours to get themselves right; Bass was t-e-r-r-i-b-l-e. Things got good to 500 hours. Then came "1,250" and a change was afoot, slowly sweetening. Between hours 1,500-1,900 the Denons were completely different cans...refined like I hadn't heard them before.wink.gif

 

I experienced fewer shifts in a shorter amount of time with the D7000, however. Only two changes in fact and both below 200 hours. Now sitting at 1,791 hours, I simply got what I got...we love 'em!

Fellow TMACian I really don't believe that :/ 1000 hours, your screwing with me right? that what the winky face is for? If not then its definitely your mind.

post #1155 of 1913
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiR3D View Post

elwappo can you link to the page that links to those graphs? the one that explains frequency responses etc? these guys could use it.

Denons take about 50 hours of burn in max, but out of the box they are great.... well my Denons anyway, the D7000 and D2000.

 

Well may be true, but I can tell you one thing AKS's do have burn in, take about 200 hours, the bass starts straightening out first, then the mids get more clarity and the resonances stop, and finally the highs. 

 

 

This is a good read through from headroom on it.

http://www.headphone.com/learning-center/about-headphone-measurements.php

 

 

Here's a great video from Tyll at innerfidelity showing how these measurements are taken, and what they can tell you. I have this set to the point where he talks specifically about the 50Hz wave. Great two part video IMO. He also shows you how adjusting headphones and seating them properly really changes the sound. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0ClNJeHrAw&t=2m0s

 

 

Weird how the AKG 70x series seems to have that happen. I think at some point someone had religiously recorded the time spent on his K701 and said at 1500 hours there was a huge change. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Denon D7100?!