They look like Chinese counterfeit headphones. Yuck!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Best Audiophile isolating over-ear headphones? Last post on 10/26/12 at 6:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- Denon Officially Announces Its New Headphones! Last post on 12/28/12 at 7:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
- "The Lab" Last post on 3/20/17 at 7:06pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for an 'almost perfect' headphone under ~250$ Last post on 6/1/14 at 10:09pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- I need your help Last post on 12/31/12 at 3:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The product was provided to me free of charge for the review purpose in exchange for my honest opinion. The review was originally posted on my blog, and now I would like to share it with all my...
I was surprised to see only a single review for this player, so figured I'd throw my hat into the ring. I owned this player for about a year until it was stolen (along with an entire...
I have had the opportunity to review a few inexpensive MP3 players recently and have generally been quite impressed with many of them as they clearly appear to put sound quality before pretty much...
WHAT MAKES THESE TUBE AMPS SPECIAL?Okay, so every audiophile or audio enthusiast I've met wants one of these and there is certainly a reason for it. Besides the fact that this thing just sounds...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we are going to checking out an exciting new entry to FiiO's expanding earphone lineup, the F1. FiiO really needs no introduction given that their audio equipment has grown...
Denon D7100?! - Page 8post #106 of 19134/14/12 at 6:58am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #107 of 19134/14/12 at 9:17am
I got a say i could honestly not care least how they look. Why should you? I would guess any of us aren't walking outside with headphones as large as these.
That said, those in-ears and headphones do look hideous. Certainly was not expecting this from Denon. :/ Their headphones i have thought to look quite generic, not really in a bad away. Love their IEM's looks so got a hate that they have translated the "space design" to their IEM's as well.
Is there other thread for the new Denon IEM's? Any info about them?
Edited by tissot - 4/15/12 at 2:18ampost #108 of 19134/14/12 at 10:12amQuote:
I think part of the success of Denon line is because of the look. If you remove the neat design, they are less competitive.post #109 of 19134/14/12 at 10:12amI usually is not a kind of guy who cares about looks of headphone.. but seeing this D7100, and its predecessor the D7000, I really cant make out what was In the designer's mind, going from the classy looks of the D2000/5000/7000 to this one.. it looks like denon has gone mainstream on this one, ''celebrity headphone mainstream''....post #110 of 19134/14/12 at 10:21ampost #111 of 19134/14/12 at 10:35ampost #112 of 19134/14/12 at 10:48amQuote:
I can see where you are coming from, especially if these really are going to replace any of the higher end Denon's i can't quite see how can they sell something that looks to be all plastic over aluminium construction and wood cups or similar. We are paying big sums from these so you need to feel you are getting something special.
Personally i'm still most worried about those IEM's as those i would actually be wearing outside and i'm huge fan Denon sound so it would be pity that after classy C710, this is what we get when it comes to the shell.
Btw the talk i heard month ago seemed to at least have parts of it right.... other than the headphones side taking 360 from what he said.Quote:
I hate to be guy talking about random rumors, but was going to test listen D2000 on Finland's largest nerdy gadget/PC/sound shop, with me starting to talk about representative from the shop who was specialized on headphones. Had pretty mind blowing amount knowledge about headphone in general. Just like me, he also happened to had found home from Denon's in-ears and headphones.
Cutting to the chase he said that Denon is bringing big revamp to it's line up in summer. Replacing D2000 and D5000, with D7000 staying on as it is. There would also be two new in-ears.
Edited by tissot - 4/14/12 at 10:50ampost #113 of 19134/14/12 at 12:03pmQuote:
Design matters. See: Apple products. Beautiful aesthetics make the world more interesting to be a part of, whether it's clothes, cars, furniture, flat-screen tv's, headphones, et al. You shouldn't have to sacrifice looks for function or function for looks with a proper design.post #114 of 19134/14/12 at 12:22pmQuote:Originally Posted by MarioImpemba
Design matters. See: Apple products. Beautiful aesthetics make the world more interesting to be a part of, whether it's clothes, cars, furniture, flat-screen tv's, headphones, et al. You shouldn't have to sacrifice looks for function or function for looks with a proper design.
I feel like Grado could be an example of it. The headphones look a certain way because they are built to sound a certain way. If you have to use the look you might as well own it and make it awesome.post #115 of 19134/14/12 at 5:54pmpost #116 of 19134/14/12 at 9:58pmpost #117 of 19134/14/12 at 10:36pmpost #118 of 19134/14/12 at 11:03pm
Ugh... I agree these are pretty fugly. And even moreso whan compared to the classic design of the
D5k and D7k.
But yes, while sound always trumps looks... looks do matter, especially when pride of ownership is a factor, and price is great.
You don't want a Yugo, even if it could go 200 mph. You want the Ferrari or Maserati.post #119 of 19134/14/12 at 11:48pmQuote:
The only way you can get a Yugo to go 200 mph is to drop it from an airplane.
Speaking of which...post #120 of 19134/14/12 at 11:51pm
Even though I couldn't give a ***** what they look like to other people I still like to have nice looking headphones for personal gratification... For example the D5000/D7000 look all nice and classy whereas these new ones look terrible. I would certainly rather have the D5000 sat on my shelf instead of those ugly things.
This thread is locked
- Denon D7100?!
- Headphone Impedance
- › MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic... 51 seconds ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 1 minute ago
- › EMU 0404 USB - really the best? 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 4 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆ 5 minutes ago
- › oBravo ERIB-1C 2way planar magnetic hybrid by twister6
- › Astell & Kern AK Jr. Hi-Res Music Player 64GB by SkumBucket
- › BENJIE K9 8G APE/FLAC/WAV High Sound Quality Entry-level Lossless... by Peddler
- › Darkvoice 336SE by SOULSIK
- › Fiio F1 Dynamic In-ear Monitors by B9Scrambler
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by OSiRiSsk
- › Brainwavz Jive by ezekiel77
- › Accutone Pisces Digital In-Ear Headset - Retail Packaging -... by Cinder
- › Noble Audio Dulce Bass UIEM by EZE99
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by PinkyPowers
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear