They look like Chinese counterfeit headphones. Yuck!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Best Audiophile isolating over-ear headphones? Last post on 10/26/12 at 6:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- Denon Officially Announces Its New Headphones! Last post on 12/28/12 at 7:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
- "The Lab" Last post on Today at 4:37 am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for an 'almost perfect' headphone under ~250$ Last post on 6/1/14 at 10:09pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- I need your help Last post on 12/31/12 at 3:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Eddie Current's Zana Deux reviewed... Pre-amble - the Zana Deux original vs the new Zana Deux Super... - There are two versions of this tube amplifier. Both are output transformerless (OTL)...
Denon D7100?! - Page 8post #106 of 19134/14/12 at 6:58am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #107 of 19134/14/12 at 9:17am
I got a say i could honestly not care least how they look. Why should you? I would guess any of us aren't walking outside with headphones as large as these.
That said, those in-ears and headphones do look hideous. Certainly was not expecting this from Denon. :/ Their headphones i have thought to look quite generic, not really in a bad away. Love their IEM's looks so got a hate that they have translated the "space design" to their IEM's as well.
Is there other thread for the new Denon IEM's? Any info about them?
Edited by tissot - 4/15/12 at 2:18ampost #108 of 19134/14/12 at 10:12amQuote:
I think part of the success of Denon line is because of the look. If you remove the neat design, they are less competitive.post #109 of 19134/14/12 at 10:12amI usually is not a kind of guy who cares about looks of headphone.. but seeing this D7100, and its predecessor the D7000, I really cant make out what was In the designer's mind, going from the classy looks of the D2000/5000/7000 to this one.. it looks like denon has gone mainstream on this one, ''celebrity headphone mainstream''....post #110 of 19134/14/12 at 10:21ampost #111 of 19134/14/12 at 10:35ampost #112 of 19134/14/12 at 10:48amQuote:
I can see where you are coming from, especially if these really are going to replace any of the higher end Denon's i can't quite see how can they sell something that looks to be all plastic over aluminium construction and wood cups or similar. We are paying big sums from these so you need to feel you are getting something special.
Personally i'm still most worried about those IEM's as those i would actually be wearing outside and i'm huge fan Denon sound so it would be pity that after classy C710, this is what we get when it comes to the shell.
Btw the talk i heard month ago seemed to at least have parts of it right.... other than the headphones side taking 360 from what he said.Quote:
I hate to be guy talking about random rumors, but was going to test listen D2000 on Finland's largest nerdy gadget/PC/sound shop, with me starting to talk about representative from the shop who was specialized on headphones. Had pretty mind blowing amount knowledge about headphone in general. Just like me, he also happened to had found home from Denon's in-ears and headphones.
Cutting to the chase he said that Denon is bringing big revamp to it's line up in summer. Replacing D2000 and D5000, with D7000 staying on as it is. There would also be two new in-ears.
Edited by tissot - 4/14/12 at 10:50ampost #113 of 19134/14/12 at 12:03pmQuote:
Design matters. See: Apple products. Beautiful aesthetics make the world more interesting to be a part of, whether it's clothes, cars, furniture, flat-screen tv's, headphones, et al. You shouldn't have to sacrifice looks for function or function for looks with a proper design.post #114 of 19134/14/12 at 12:22pmQuote:Originally Posted by MarioImpemba
Design matters. See: Apple products. Beautiful aesthetics make the world more interesting to be a part of, whether it's clothes, cars, furniture, flat-screen tv's, headphones, et al. You shouldn't have to sacrifice looks for function or function for looks with a proper design.
I feel like Grado could be an example of it. The headphones look a certain way because they are built to sound a certain way. If you have to use the look you might as well own it and make it awesome.post #115 of 19134/14/12 at 5:54pmpost #116 of 19134/14/12 at 9:58pmpost #117 of 19134/14/12 at 10:36pmpost #118 of 19134/14/12 at 11:03pm
Ugh... I agree these are pretty fugly. And even moreso whan compared to the classic design of the
D5k and D7k.
But yes, while sound always trumps looks... looks do matter, especially when pride of ownership is a factor, and price is great.
You don't want a Yugo, even if it could go 200 mph. You want the Ferrari or Maserati.post #119 of 19134/14/12 at 11:48pmQuote:
The only way you can get a Yugo to go 200 mph is to drop it from an airplane.
Speaking of which...post #120 of 19134/14/12 at 11:51pm
Even though I couldn't give a ***** what they look like to other people I still like to have nice looking headphones for personal gratification... For example the D5000/D7000 look all nice and classy whereas these new ones look terrible. I would certainly rather have the D5000 sat on my shelf instead of those ugly things.
This thread is locked
- Denon D7100?!
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › U.S. & CANADA REVIEW TOUR: Calyx PaT Portable DAC/Amp 34 seconds ago
- › The Pono Player Impressions Thread 55 seconds ago
- › The Sub-$200 Portable Amps Shootout – 13 (+11) amps compared 1 minute ago
- › ATH-M50 Removable Cable Mod 2 minutes ago
- › DUNU DN-2000J -- More Than Evolution? 3 minutes ago
- › Chicago Head-Fi Meet - August 8th 12:00 to 7:00 pm at Tweak Studio 3 minutes ago
- › Surge protector audio quality 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › My first portable AMP, I need your help.. 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Master & Dynamic MH40 by sk2290
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by wrathzombie
- › RHA T20 by Wyd4
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon by Stillhart
- › Eddie Current Zana Deux SE by mikoss
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by fleasbaby
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by LandonO
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by twister6
- › Yamaha HPH-MT220BL by RushNerd
- › Klipsch Image X10 Noise-Isolating Earphone by achelgeson
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3