wish the pyst xlr and rca cables from schiit were just a bit longer. Stacking the Gungnir and Ragnarok was a bit challenging with shelving so I had to stack them on top of each other.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Ayre / NAD / Eximus comparison? Last post on 6/6/12 at 8:20pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Help! What's best Dedicated DAC with a seperate AMP/Pre fully balanced <$1,500? Last post on 6/21/12 at 5:06pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Best DACs with asynchronous 24/192 or higher USB and volume control? W4S DAC2? Up to $2000. Last post on 7/12/14 at 5:48am in Dedicated Source Components
- Schiit Owners Unite Last post on Today at 12:22 am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Which would you choose? Last post on 8/30/14 at 4:59am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
This is my first audiophile grade headphone and I truly believe that this is a brilliant introduction to how awesome music can sound! I live is South Africa, a country that is renowned for...
When i bough these i had no id'ea how they would sound. I read some reviews but it is a iem that was flying under the radar and kind of hide in the shadow of the BA200 which is TDK's flagship (...
Disclaimer I got this unit as part of Australasian tour arranged by Brooko, thank you very much for including me in this tour. Introduction I am just another music fans in this world, I...
First and foremost, I have experience with several different headphones, namely much of the Ultrasone series (Pro 900, Pro 750), Denon D2000, D5000, and Fostex TH600. I mainly deal with closed back...
The housing has a rounder shape then the vsd3/5 and i much prefer it this way. While the shape and looks is simple, it does not feel very cheap. The diamond cut shape on the vsd3/5 seems a little...
Schiit Gungnir DAC - Page 126
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Just buy some Monoprice XLR interconnects. 3 foot and 5 foot are both going for $20 for 2 at amazon. I think the Pyst cables are more for the smaller stacks of Schiit.
Just got my Gungnir w/ gen 2 USB working with a Raspberry Pi running shairport-sync. AirPlay streaming for about $50 in parts and a few hours of work. I'm thrilled with this -- quite a bargain compared to low-jitter streamers.
My plan is to use this to bypass the AirPort streamer built-in to my Marantz, outputting to both the Marantz and a headphone amp -- avoiding the A-to-D-to-A in the Marantz.
- Schiit Gungnir DAC
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › What are 3 additions to the FW of the DX50 or DX90 that you would... 6 seconds ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 20 seconds ago
- › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! 26 seconds ago
- › Testing audiophile claims and myths 29 seconds ago
- › Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 Impressions Thread 35 seconds ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 1 minute ago
- › DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . Lurker0 FW Mod... 2 minutes ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 3 minutes ago
- › New from Garage1217, the solid-state Project Polaris! 3 minutes ago
- › Post A Photograph Of Your Turntable 3 minutes ago
- › thinksound on1 Supra-Aural On-Ear Monitor Wooden Headphone by biggysmalls
- › TDK IE800 by Arvan
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by daduy
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by sarora
- › VSONIC VSD 2S by Arvan
- › Master & Dynamic MH30 On Ear Headphone - Black by acain
- › SanDisk SDMX22-004G-A57K Sansa Clip Zip 4 GB, Black by kite7
- › Somic HD MH463 Open-air Dynamic Pro Headphones (Black) by weirdek
- › Chord Hugo by FortisFlyer75
- › Technics RP-DH1200 DJ Headphones by Johannus
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2