Anybody looking to sell their Gungnir? Looking to purchase one to pair with my Mjolnir collecting dust on my table.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Ayre / NAD / Eximus comparison? Last post on 6/6/12 at 8:20pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Help! What's best Dedicated DAC with a seperate AMP/Pre fully balanced <$1,500? Last post on 6/21/12 at 5:06pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Best DACs with asynchronous 24/192 or higher USB and volume control? W4S DAC2? Up to $2000. Last post on 7/12/14 at 5:48am in Dedicated Source Components
- Schiit Owners Unite Last post on Yesterday at 5:48 pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Which would you choose? Last post on 8/30/14 at 4:59am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Schiit Gungnir DAC - Page 113
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Why is the Mjolnir collecting dust? Just curious...
I sold my old DAC but can't find a Gungnir to purchase so there's no audio source. Also my Audeze Balanced cable didn't come yet.
Yeah, they do not go used very often...I think Schiit's primary specialty is DACs to be honest.
Huh I've always thoughts their amps were on par with the dacs, I mean they are the only ones really utilizing circloton topology to the consumer market atm
Only SOLID STATE circlotron. But yes the amps and dacs are on par with each other. Which is not to say that you will like the signature.
Well you didn't :)
The Gungnir is awesome with the Mjolnir. They balance each other out... FOR ME. Some people will love the darkness of the Gungnir or the brightness of the Mjolnir. Hell some people even like doubling up and using the Mjolnir with the HD800 :P
By contrast, I absolutely love my Gungnir without any exception. Since it is a smoother and more dynamic Bifrost Uber, I can conclude the Gungnir's nearest sibling is probably great too. My Modi was fantastic for the year I had it, preferring it to the ODAC. Reading impressions about the upcoming Yggdrasil that make it sound like the best DAC below $10k also doesn't mitigate the force of my hypothosis.
In other words, I just have a hunch (without knowing for certain) that Schiit does DACs really really well and that they do amps really well (with exceptions). Another point to consider is how rare one finds their DACs for sale in comparison with their amps. Again, I like their amps that I have heard a lot, so please dont get the wrong idea. I just think that perhaps their primary specialty is in their DAC department, based on my experience with their DACs and amps I have heard and the impressions I have read that correspond with some of my own in certain instances. I really want to try out their new uber lineup though. And It is very possible I will get a Val 2 if I dont get a Crack for my HD-650s somewhere down the road.
Hope I didnt offend anyone.
- Schiit Gungnir DAC
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 54 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 1/4/2015:... 1 minute ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › Stax Driver SRM-600 LTD & SR-507 3 minutes ago
- › Colorfly C3 Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 4 minutes ago
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 4 minutes ago
- › MCINTOSH LABS INTRODUCES NEW HEADPHONE AMP MODEL MHA 100 5 minutes ago
- › You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2! 5 minutes ago
- › DUNU DN-12 Trident by Ghoulcow
- › MP4Nation Brainwavz M1 by Tom22
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKR10 IN-EAR HEADPHONE TITANIUM SONIC PRO DUAL... by acain
- › Woo Audio 2 by mikoss
- › KAM HP1 by LowDose
- › Schiit Vali by Mr Rick
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by YoYo JoKeR
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by Spiderman
- › Audinst HUD-mx2 by YoYo JoKeR
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by koloseij
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)