The Gungnir will sound nothing like the L3. Today's DACs just don't sound like those of yesteryear. Good news is you can buy those old DACs on AudioGon pretty much all day. You could go even deeper into that time period with the likes of Adcom, Classe or Meridian models that are great examples of the technology at the time.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Ayre / NAD / Eximus comparison? Last post on 6/6/12 at 8:20pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Help! What's best Dedicated DAC with a seperate AMP/Pre fully balanced <$1,500? Last post on 6/21/12 at 5:06pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Best DACs with asynchronous 24/192 or higher USB and volume control? W4S DAC2? Up to $2000. Last post on 7/12/14 at 5:48am in Dedicated Source Components
- Schiit Owners Unite Last post on Yesterday at 10:03 pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Which would you choose? Last post on 8/30/14 at 4:59am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
This is a good amplifier in my limited experience, *but*, it might not better than some of the leading solid-state competitors in this price range ($500-600). I haven't compared it too, for...
Wonderful headset. Very underrated because razer gets a lot of hate for being mainstream
The Awei Q9s are really bang for bucks! You can't go wrong with these! Unless you have tiny ears... Packaging: the packaging is standard. It brings the S/M/L tips and a shirt-clip. However, the...
I just got these in from Koss today and initial impressions are incredibly positive. These are Koss' second best headphone available that I have tried (DJ100, DJ200, PRO4AA, PRO4AAT, PRO4AAAT, and...
Comfort and build quality these would not look out of place at £600. Out of all the headphones I have tried these have the best overall sound which works with every type of music and overall sound...
Schiit Gungnir DAC - Page 112
post #1666 of 1669
12/8/14 at 1:19pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:
post #1667 of 1669
12/17/14 at 12:28am
Hi, all, I have a question about usb version . If the computer reports " schiit usb interface" , is it gen1 or gen 2? Schiit audio told me that the computer should report " schiit usb audio device". I'm not sure. Thank you.
post #1668 of 1669
12/17/14 at 4:14am
- Schiit Gungnir DAC
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Currently, there are 4302 Active Users (670 Members and 3632 Guests)
- › Post Your Photography Here #2 (new dial-up 800X600 friendly) 2 seconds ago
- › JH Audio Layla and Angie - Head-Fi TV 14 seconds ago
- › Pen-Fi (FPs, RBs, BPs, etc...) [56k Warning] 1 minute ago
- › Portable amp for HD600/HD650/HE-500/LCD-2/T1 1 minute ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 2 minutes ago
- › The Little Dot Mk IV / SE Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › How about a vintage hifi amplifier/receiver..... 5 minutes ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 5 minutes ago
- › Which ieMs are the most durable and won't go out in one ear? 6 minutes ago
- › [WANTED] TOXIC CABLES SILVER POISON !!! 7 minutes ago
- › Lehmann Rhinelander by jdpark
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by kigisaru
- › AWEI ES-Q9 Super Bass Wooden Earphones Headphones Headsets Fiber... by Mellowship
- › Koss Pro4S Full Size Studio Headphones, Black with Silver Trim by Zombie_X
- › Shure SRH1540 Headphones by nicholars
- › Sony MDREX10LP/BLK In-Ear Headphones by originalgusbus
- › Shure Sound Isolating Earphone SE315 Hi-Definition Micro Speaker... by acain
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 102 iE In-Ear Headphones (Silver) by Zero Decibels
- › Hidizs AP100 Portable HiFi Audio Player in Black / Silver White by YoYo JoKeR
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by heovuitinh
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)