The Gungnir will sound nothing like the L3. Today's DACs just don't sound like those of yesteryear. Good news is you can buy those old DACs on AudioGon pretty much all day. You could go even deeper into that time period with the likes of Adcom, Classe or Meridian models that are great examples of the technology at the time.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Ayre / NAD / Eximus comparison? Last post on 6/6/12 at 8:20pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Help! What's best Dedicated DAC with a seperate AMP/Pre fully balanced <$1,500? Last post on 6/21/12 at 5:06pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Best DACs with asynchronous 24/192 or higher USB and volume control? W4S DAC2? Up to $2000. Last post on 7/12/14 at 5:48am in Dedicated Source Components
- Schiit Owners Unite Last post on Today at 7:23 am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Which would you choose? Last post on 8/30/14 at 4:59am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
I am penning down my opinion about the Hidizs AP100 Digital Audio Player. I will try to keep this review simple as possible and I hope it would be easy to read, and will help fellow enthusiasts to...
thanks to it's overall sound quality, details are not even a problem with kdx200. you'll get back every detail you lost on cheaper models like Xiaomi Piston, Brainwavz M4-M5. and there's also some...
after M4 & Xiaomi Piston 2, i finally got a M5 to audition. i listened it for 2 days and here's my thoughts: soundstage is the same again, small in every aspect. bass, treble, vocals, mids...
These are great headphones I was turned onto from the forum. On this forum you have to assess who is enthusiastic about what. Generally, there is a difference between enthusiasm from novices...
Schiit Gungnir DAC - Page 112
post #1666 of 1669
12/8/14 at 1:19pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:
post #1667 of 1669
12/17/14 at 12:28am
Hi, all, I have a question about usb version . If the computer reports " schiit usb interface" , is it gen1 or gen 2? Schiit audio told me that the computer should report " schiit usb audio device". I'm not sure. Thank you.
post #1668 of 1669
12/17/14 at 4:14am
- Schiit Gungnir DAC
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Currently, there are 3552 Active Users (602 Members and 2950 Guests)
- › New Release! The K7XX Massdrop First Edition - an exclusive from... 11 seconds ago
- › Android, DLNA (Twonky) and USB Audio Player Integration 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 1 minute ago
- › The Reference 6SN7 Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › A total noob.... 2 minutes ago
- › JH Audio Layla and Angie - Head-Fi TV 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 3 minutes ago
- › HifiMan HE-560 US Touring Event - Sign up List Updated 3 minutes ago
- › Hidizs AP100 Portable HiFi Audio Player in Black / Silver White by YoYo JoKeR
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by heovuitinh
- › Koss KDX200 by vaziyetu
- › Brainwavz M5 by vaziyetu
- › beyerynamic DT 150 Compact Closed Headphone (250 Ohms) by jdpark
- › Sony MDR-1R by gerelmx1986
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by JAMEZTHEBOI
- › thinksound on1 Supra-Aural On-Ear Monitor Wooden Headphone by Pacal
- › Astell&Kern AK100II High Resolution Single DAC Audio Player... by musikaladin
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by Galvatron
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)