FWIW, I have the Bifrost Uber and the Gungnir. To my ears, the Uber actually sounds a little more grainy than the Gungnir. The latter is my DAC at home and the former is what I use at work (due to smaller footprint). Gungnir delivers a relatively more forceful lower end extension and as Solude pointed out somewhere, is ideally suited to pair with the Mjolnir amp. But I also use the Gungnir SE with the HD 800 and the BH Crack amp or the Schiit Vali (both of which are SE). No issues there at all.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Ayre / NAD / Eximus comparison? Last post on 6/6/12 at 8:20pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Help! What's best Dedicated DAC with a seperate AMP/Pre fully balanced <$1,500? Last post on 6/21/12 at 5:06pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Best DACs with asynchronous 24/192 or higher USB and volume control? W4S DAC2? Up to $2000. Last post on 7/12/14 at 5:48am in Dedicated Source Components
- Schiit Owners Unite Last post on Yesterday at 8:47 pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Burson Conductor vs Schiit Mjolnir + Gungnir Last post on 4/4/14 at 12:28am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
if u are looking for a great dac you can better buy new motherboard with supreme fx it sound practicly the same and its cheaper
The Pendulumic Stance S1 is an excellent "bluetooth" headphone. I'm sure there are better sounding "wireless" headphones and at some level believe the category should be divided into wireless and...
First of all, I'd like to thank Cayin for opportunity to review C5. As usual, main review is in Russian, here I'll share mt impressions in brief. There is not so many good portable amps in sub...
Ah, yes. The SE215, quite possibly the most popular entry-level IEM on the market at the moment, and for good reason. These headphones are perfect for any budding audio enthusiast thanks to its...
Shure has definitely outdone themselves with this wonderful product. Never have I experienced more clarity in a pair of IEMs. For someone who listens to alternative rock, pop, and an assorted array...
Schiit Gungnir DAC - Page 108
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Personally, I found the Bifrost Uber to sound very much like what I remembered the first gen Gungnir's SE output to sound like. Neither DAC is particularly detailed or bright, but they're quite musical and non-fatiguing.
Take this for what it's worth, since it's based on audio memory (I still own the Bifrost Uber, but not the Gungnir and did not have them at the same time).
- Schiit Gungnir DAC
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 2 seconds ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 10 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 26 seconds ago
- › Hotrodding the X-Fi: A Layman's Guide (No 56k) 29 seconds ago
- › New Sennheiser Momentum In ear 30 seconds ago
- › Need some recommendations for a high budget set up 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum Over Ear: Smelly Ear cup........ 3 minutes ago
- › which headphone under $1000 to buy? 3 minutes ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 5 minutes ago
- › Epiphany Acoustics EHP-O2D by Pokerstar
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1 Wireless Headphones by mpm2433
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by cleg
- › Shure SE215 by Dinerenblanc
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by Dinerenblanc
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)